The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > Newbie Issues/Say "Hi"/Testing/Tech stuff

Notices

Newbie Issues/Say "Hi"/Testing/Tech stuff Test posts & questions regarding the forums. Please note that NEW MEMBERS are on moderation for a couple days in the other forums. However, this test forum is unmoderated & your posts will appear immediately. Note that you are still free to post messages in ANY section you choose but messages that you post in the other sections will not appear until they are released from the moderation queue. Your moderation period is over when the "(M)" below your nick disappears. Reputation cannot be added or deducted in this section.
NB: You cannot get out of moderation by posting in this section ONLY. You have to contribute positively in the other sections. 

Sam's Private Picture Forum - so much pussy juice! Image
View the sexiest broads that money can buy at Sam's Private Picture forum. SIX years worth of uncensored images all thumbnailed and catalogued for your downloading convenience. Join Now!

User Tag List
Garudannn

Old 15-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2823 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Newbies HELPLINE.. Newbies Please post your question here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAJ View Post

There's a lot of things I still don't understand about this board - say for example how is it that our LastApril post count only shows 2 (whilst I see his multiple posts) and how is it that another member BulleYe could have 80,530 post count in 8 years; that's about 10,000 posts a year or 27 daily each and every day!!
There's a lot of things I don't understand either.

However, in the case of LastApril, it is because most of his posts are in the testing section and do not contribute to post count. Read the forum preamble.

As for BulleYe do a search and see what he posts if the post count puzzles you.

As for traffic/revenue etc I don't worry much about it anymore. This forum has always been a sideline hobby not bread and butter. It has thrived all these years precisely because I don't micro manage the forum. I just go with the flow.

Ref your PM regarding zapping patterns etc, you honestly don't expect me to do NSA type forensic evidence gathering do you! Even if I identified a few nicks that were clones and banned them, more clones would surface within days and the process would repeat itself. Cyberspace is a wild frontier. There's never going to be law and order and civilized behavior because behind the keyboards and the touch screens are flawed humans beings. Each generation produces more of them to replace those taken down.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 15-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 26717 / Power: 26
Kalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond reputeKalv has a reputation beyond repute
Newbies HELPLINE.. Newbies Please post your question here.

Quote:
.. agree that there's no perfect forum .. a lot of things I still don't understand .. many thanks for still humoring and chatting with me.
Opinions (including FRs) may / will often differ - no need to agree. Life would be very boring if everyone agree/think alike - no need for forums/discussions etc. Many will die for ego / principles / face. Many gang wars in Geylang - worse than CP .

Life is short. Tough in real. Be more sensitive / moderate /considerate in comments/posts. Come to SBF to relax/share info. Helps, if everyone can tone down / give and take / be more tolerant / not die for ego / face / principles; as all are anonymous - nothing to lose.

Boss is very busy. He has been very nice in entertaining you. You have also gained about 100 pts. Suggests chill down / move on. Why get upset unnecessarily in virtual SBF.

Just my humble opinion - no need to agree.

All the best (to all). Cheers.
Old 15-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 2693 / Power: 16
SEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalv View Post
Opinions (including FRs) may / will often differ - ………B] in virtual SBF.

Just my humble opinion - no need to agree.

All the best (to all). Cheers.
I very much appreciate yours, George Magnum, Police Post, Big Sexy and of course Boss's kind, helpful, altruistic and very much beyond expectations advise to me. Thank you guys!

But my tirade is NOT against being moderate and proper discussions on the board - this is a given actually. Rather it is against a group of idiots running rough shod and basically TOTAL control over the "Events in CP" thread. Not bad if they would do so in the generally accepted mode of conduct on internet chat forums.

But these goons have adopted a totally – IMHO of course – sinister tact of ANONYMOUSLY TROLLING anybody and everybody who do not submit to their wish and command – and then actually backing up their threats by Zapping those who do not back down to red moderation!

This is made possible and accommodated to by their being able to troll and zap others anonymously. There is no check and balances and of course no transparency whatsoever. And their totally unchecked and open declarations of defiance – even against the actual powers here - has caused too many good members to give up this board (SEAJ – STOP with all these IMHO’s!! Ooops)

Errr….IMHO again… this is NOT conducive to the well being of OUR forum (ooops, sorry Boss – for also presuming!) and its high time that control revert back to the rightful Boss!

Thanks again guys

SEAJ
Old 15-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But these goons have adopted a totally – IMHO of course – sinister tact of ANONYMOUSLY TROLLING anybody and everybody who do not submit to their wish and command – and then actually backing up their threats by Zapping those who do not back down to red moderation!

This is made possible and accommodated to by their being able to troll and zap others anonymously. There is no check and balances and of course no transparency whatsoever. And their totally unchecked and open declarations of defiance – even against the actual powers here - has caused too many good members to give up this board (SEAJ – STOP with all these IMHO’s!! Ooops)

Errr….IMHO again… this is NOT conducive to the well being of OUR forum (ooops, sorry Boss – for also presuming!) and its high time that control revert back to the rightful Boss!

Thanks again guys

SEAJ
EVERYBODY is anonymous in this forum so it's a level playing field. Nobody knows who another party is unless they are foolish enough to disclose their real identities.

Other than trying my best to keep spam at bay, I have never controlled the forum. I'm not a control freak.

My main focus is on the technical aspects... server uptime, security, speed, performance etc.

Enjoy the forum. If you don't want to worry about being zapped, how about buying premium membership? It makes you bullet proof and also helps cover the overheads.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 15-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Samster

SEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
EVERYBODY is anonymous in ..................... If you don't want to worry about being zapped, how about buying premium membership? It makes you bullet proof and also helps cover the overheads.
LOL – ever the consummate businessman!

But low reputation points is NOT my main worry, not even red moderation as I’ve seen you allow those in moderation to continue to post.

My main point is that I feel that there is a fundamental problem with allowing anonymous Zaps, the widespread use of an army of clones and the condoning of not only anonymous trolling, but threats and the actual carrying out of these threats away from ANY eyes.

Boss – you’ve built up a GREAT forum – and yes, probably this has a lot to do with your laissez faire approach. But even the freest of any society must not only have laws, the rule of law is equally if not more important. And to me, there’s just too many here who not only do not subscribe to the spirit of the law, they are OPENLY FLOUTING your laws. Worse, they are displaying the attitude that I portray via my avatar (all in good fun please note) – openly and directly to you.

As usual, I’ve most probably gone overboard and I apologize; I’ve got too much time on my hand! Sigh….!!

SEAJ
Old 15-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
My main point is that I feel that there is a fundamental problem with allowing anonymous Zaps, the widespread use of an army of clones and the condoning of not only anonymous trolling, but threats and the actual carrying out of these threats away from ANY eyes.

SEAJ
What sort of threats are you referring to and where are they actually carried out?

Old 15-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Samster

Quote:
What sort of threats are you referring to and where are they actually carried out?
Quote:
\ if you are going to go on babbling non stop then i m going to zap you non stop. try me

threat is to say without doing. i don't need to do that, i prove to you that i zap you! Lol

U want to be ban like in XXX? If not shut up
These are just some of the threats – accompanied by their actual Zapping; and as you know, this is only a tiny fraction of the bile filled Zaps I’ve received.

OK- I’m thick skinned – but imagine what a regular member who just wants to participate - receiving these types of threats, accompanied by actual ZAPS!
And of course their board gloating when they've driven anybody down to negative point/red moderation. Who'd dare to even display any disagreement to these "bosses?"

SEAJ
Old 15-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
These are just some of the threats – accompanied by their actual Zapping; and as you know, this is only a tiny fraction of the bile filled Zaps I’ve received.

OK- I’m thick skinned – but imagine what a regular member who just wants to participate - receiving these types of threats, accompanied by actual ZAPS!

SEAJ
Is a ZAP that traumatic? Does your bank account go down?

Old 15-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Samster

Quote:
Is a ZAP that traumatic? Does your bank account go down?
Boss - you really don't know what it really feels like here in the mines! LOL

Seriously - it's these threats accompanied with actual Zaps that is destructive to your board. Their gloating when they've driven anybody to red - just to reinforce their Teflon status on the board, and open defiance of subscribing to any of the spirit of your laws.

Weak minded guys will cow to this, but anybody with even a small measure of self-worth - guys who IMHO are most desirable/contributes most in any forum will either get zapped to moderation or else they will just leave the forum forever; indignant and disgusted that such terrible going-ons are not only allowed on here, but seemingly condoned.

You enforce even the "no cuss word" rule when Zapping - which to me is totally kindergarten compared to what is happening on here now, so....!

Rhetorical question - if points are as you describe them as being - why all these Points swapping efforts and threads? Indeed, why do you even include - and HighLight - "immunity from Zapping" as being one of the selling points of your premium membership?

My bank account don't go down, but if I just lay down when I get UNFAIRLY zapped, the regards I have for myself goes down a lot; and that's just not on.

SEAJ

Last edited by SEAJ; 15-04-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 15-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Weak minded guys will cow to this, but anybody with even a small measure of self-worth - guys who IMHO are most desirable/contributes most in any forum will either get zapped to moderation or else they will just leave the forum forever; indignant and disgusted that such terrible going-ons are not only allowed on here, but seemingly condoned.

You enforce even the "no cuss word" rule when Zapping - which to me is totally kindergarten compared to what is happening on here now, so....!

Rhetorical question - if points are as you describe them as being - why all these Points swapping efforts and threads? Indeed, why do you even include - and HighLight - "immunity from Zapping" as being one of the selling points of your premium membership?

SEAJ
I honestly don't understand it. I'm simply driven by market demand. Immunity to zapping was the requested by many people so I added it. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not puzzled as to why.

Old 15-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Samster

Quote:
I honestly don't understand it. I'm simply driven by market demand. Immunity to zapping was the requested by many people so I added it. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not puzzled as to why.
Errr.... if you don't mind...let me tell you why!!

It is because it IS a very important matter to many many of your members here!!

And especially the fact that time and again, these clowns just target some hapless/clueless member and zap him down to moderation - and would gloat publicly to re-inforce their message that they are the actual boss and that everybody'd better just ask how high when told to jump!

sorry boss, but as I said, you REALLY don't know how things are down here in the mines! LOL

Heck, these "taikors" I've pointed out to you, they not only flount their high points as being proof of their supposed vaunted status on the board, I rather suspect that it's also them wanting to insure against them being zapped to oblivion themselves too!

In fact, I've recently been receiving a lot of information from a former/prospective member of their "211 club" who just got too disgusted with what all the crap things that these guys get up to....and I betcha even these taikors are sitting very insecurely in their self-made thrones! Hilarious!

Just thought of it!
Half tongue-in-cheek, half serious; you really oughta give yourself a million points and increase your "Powa!!" to a nice round number, like maybe 10,000!! Then see how high they jump when you tell tiring guys like me to buzz off!!

SEAJ

Last edited by SEAJ; 15-04-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 15-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:

Heck, these "taikors" I've pointed out to you, they not only flount their high points as being proof of their supposed vaunted status on the board, I rather suspect that it's also them wanting to insure against them being zapped to oblivion themselves too!

In fact, I've recently been receiving a lot of information from a former/prospective member of their "211 club" who just got too disgusted with what all the crap things that these guys get up to....and I betcha even these taikors are sitting very insecurely in their self-made thrones! Hilarious!

Just thought of it!
Half tongue-in-cheek, half serious; you really oughta give yourself a million points and increase your "Powa!!" to a nice round number, like maybe 10,000!! Then see how high they jump when you tell tiring guys like me to buzz off!!

SEAJ
If everything you say is true, then the points system has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. I'm very happy to see it work so well.

When I added the feature, I thought it would be a useful way of making the forum mimic real life where "status" could be enhanced or lowered with the rep system. I guess I was right all along despite the objectors who said it would destroy the forum.

I guess it joins the rank of facebook likes, friend requests, twitter followers etc.

Old 15-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Samster

Quote:
If everything you say is true, then the points system has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. ………

I guess it joins the rank of facebook likes, friend requests, twitter followers etc.
Let me tell you something else Boss – your army of loyal SBF Samsters probably consider SBF as being way more important compared to Facebook, Twitter etc. as it deals with all males’ favorite subject and one that most will not want to merge with their regular day-to-day lives! It’s a total, all-encompassing parallel universe on our favorite subject!!

But you’ve probably forgotten the distinction between fame and infamy; yes, the reputation system works and should/would be something where most will strive to accumulate points through good, honest, informative contribution. But the way that this group of plonkers has bastardized it, it instead mostly just serves them to make life on YOUR forum quite miserable for their victims. Worse, it serves to discourage others from participating – preferring wisely to instead just lurk.

If you REALLY want to make it work the way it should, then I strongly suggest you remove the provision for anonymous points upping and zapping. In fact, I truly cannot see any good reason for its retention; I really would appreciate it if you will advise me what your reasons are. And even if you do have good reasons, I’d opine that the bad outweighs any possible good that this may have; this is from the trenches – and not from where you’re at Boss!!

Same with all these clones – you’ve got a rule against this and whilst I understand that it’s an impossibility to continually monitor adherence, it’s just as effective if you DO once a while make a prominent bust and publicize such widely. This is the very effective tactic employed by most regulatory agencies – to put the fear of God in most minds if anybody should contemplate flouting your rules!

And of course the same with mass zapping – just haul their ass over the coal…even if you merely suspect such going-ons happening. If they squawk, tell them to justify to you why you should remove any punishments you’ve meted out. You really do need to show them who’s Boss around here!!

No one is gonna fault you when you do assert your rightful authority to enforce the rules and laws – and more importantly, generally accepted modes of conduct - that is inherent on just about all discussion forums. You ARE the Boss!!

Just sayin’!

SEAJ
Old 15-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
L

If you REALLY want to make it work the way it should, then I strongly suggest you remove the provision for anonymous points upping and zapping. In fact, I truly cannot see any good reason for its retention; I really would appreciate it if you will advise me what your reasons are. And even if you do have good reasons, I’d opine that the bad outweighs any possible good that this may have; this is from the trenches – and not from where you’re at Boss!!
When the rep system was first introduced, the nick that zapped or added points was visible to the recipient.

This caused all out zapping wars to erupt and some wars even spilled over to challenging each other to fist fight in the real world.

It also disadvantaged those who had low points and power as they did not dare zap anybody especially if the person they felt like zapping had more points and power than they had.

I therefore changed it to make it anonymous and it evened the playing field considerably and enabled junior members to zap without fear.

Rep votes should be like the ballot box. Your vote is secret.

Finally I can assure you that undeserved adding is far more prevalent than bullying.

Old 15-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Samster

Quote:
When the …………
This caused all out zapping wars …...
It also disadvantaged those who had low points …….
I therefore changed it to make it anonymous and it evened the playing field considerably and enabled junior members to zap without fear…..
Finally I can assure you that undeserved adding is far more prevalent than bullying.
The operative words are “….generally accepted mode of conduct that is inherent in good discussion forums….”

It is expected that all posters should act like adults – especially when this is such an “adult” forum! If anybody is so immature as to engage in zapping wars, inappropriate language, physical challenges etc, then he has no business to be on YOUR board. All it should take would be a simple complaint with evidence and the banning of such individuals who are undesirables anyway!

You offering them the cloak of anonymity merely shifts their totally undesirable activities away from the checks and balance that transparency provides, to an arena where they continue to act with bile, ruthlessness and all without any more checks and balance; yes, everything may APPEAR to be light and air on the surface, but sooner or later this rotten and invisible core is gonna make the whole apple crumble.

Adults should AND WILL act like adults in the glare of transparency – and if there is good justification for a zap, than it would be childish to retaliate irrationally/it would just open his churlishness to public ridicule and the court of public opinion to sort things out. I’m no expert but IMHO, this is how discussions forums are kept at a fully functioning hum of activity. You got a POV – discuss it, defend it rationally with a modicum of propriety – and not just be allowed to UNILATERALLY sling your bile whilst unleashing your rabid gang of dogs – all in secret! This kills forums.

As for how zaps or upz have been granted, this is NOT what I am railing about; it is the mass zapping gangs, the army of clones, all the nefarious going-ons that is happening right under all our noses (except for the one on the receiving end) that I am totally grossed out about. Just because it has been swept under the carpet by allowing anonymous zaps doesn’t mean that all the things you were trying to avoid have stopped; it has instead continued unabated whilst unwisely, not being recognized.

And even undeserved Upzing – this would also easily be detected. Transparency is the only panacea I know towards good government. NOTHING good can ever come out of secret underhanded dealings.

Besides which, it just ain’t…… nice!!

SEAJ
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1