The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 18-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2080 / Power: 0
machoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Ferguson eyes title as Reds turn screw on Chelsea
Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 07:15:33 HRS

Sir Alex Ferguson, seen here on the sidelines during his squad's clash with Sheffield United, is confident the team will hold their nerve to close out the Premiership title battle. - AFP

Sir Alex Ferguson is confident his Manchester United squad will hold their nerve to close out the Premiership title battle after watching them edge closer to the finishing line with a clinical win over struggling Sheffield United.

Goals from Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney early in each half saw United emerge from Tuesday night's Old Trafford encounter with a 2-0 win, a result that left them six points clear of Chelsea ahead of the champions' game at West Ham on Wednesday evening.

"This was another step closer to the title and we have the right temperament to do it," Ferguson insisted afterwards.

"It doesn't matter what team I play, they are showing they are up for it all the time. We have a six-point lead with five games to go, this was another one on the road for us but there is still a long way and I'm looking at every game now as a cup final, they are all so important.

"In the first half we had to endure some heavy tackling and we survived that. I said to them at half-time, be sensible, get a goal and save your legs. In the end it was a great scoreline for us.

"Our spirit and camaraderie is terrific, you can see that out on the pitch, they all encourage each other, they dug in and our football was good."

The United manager was unhappy with the challenge by Colin Kazim-Richards that sent Patrice Evra to hospital for a scan on a calf injury although his defence will welcome back John O'Shea and Rio Ferdinand from injury for Saturday's visit of Middlesbrough.

"I thought it looked a bad tackle," said the United manager. "He will have a scan tomorrow so we don't know the extent but we will have a bit more experience and strength at the back on Saturday."

Another plus to emerge from the evening was a 20th goal of the season for Wayne Rooney - a personal best - and the opportunity for Ferguson to win back the friendly wager he lost with Cristiano Ronaldo when the Portuguese winger hit the 15th of his 21 goals in the current campaign.

Ferguson joked: "Wayne promised me 20 at the start of the season, in fact he said he'd get 25! So maybe I can make some money out of him, some of the money I lost on Ronaldo!"

Wayne Rooney of Manchester United scores against Sheffield United during their English Premiership clash at Old Trafford. Manchester United won 2-0. - AFP

United had a number of narrow escapes against a resilient Sheffield team - notably in the 68th minute when, with the Blades trailing 2-0, Luton Shelton was clearly brought down by Gabriel Heinze although referee Rob Styles failed to give a penalty.

"I haven't seen it but people say it could well have been a penalty," said Ferguson. "But we've had that many turned down, maybe we deserve that bit of luck sometimes."

United manager Neil Warnock was understandably irritated by Styles' failure to award a penalty which might have allowed his team to force their way back into contention.

"Everybody who has seen it says it's a stonewall penalty," said Warnock. "It's disappointing. I spoke to Rob and he said he couldn't 100 per cent give a penalty but surely he should have been able to look across to his linesman who was also in a good position?

"Between them they could have got it right but he said it was his decision and he didn't want the linesman to come into it. I don't understand it and never will. You can draw your own opinions when you see it. It's difficult to make major decisions like that so I'm not surprised he didn't make it.

"They have to give it and then upset Sir Alex on the touchline, not just 75,000, and I know people don't like upsetting Sir Alex!"

- AFP
Old 18-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 185 / Power: 18
epsilon is a Helpful and Caring Samsterepsilon is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Boss: We were economical

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said his side were “professional” and “economical” as the Reds saw off Sheffield United 2-0 at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney got the goals in the victory. But the Blades had chances of their own, including being denied a second-half penalty when Gabriel Heinze appeared to bring down Luton Shelton in the area. However, the winning margin could have been greater were it not for a string of fine saves from Paddy Kenny.

“It was a professional job and a good result,” said Sir Alex. “The performance was economical. We didn't kill ourselves, which is important. In the second half with the score at 2-0, the game was over and we kept the ball at the back to save our legs. That was the sensible thing to do.”

Both goals came from well-worked moves and were clinically finished off. “They were both excellent finishes,” added the boss. “It was a beautiful pass from Cristiano for Michael Carrick, and he’d made a good run and just dinked it over the goalkeeper.

“Wayne Rooney should have scored seconds after that but the goalkeeper made a good save. In fact, he made some excellent saves all night. But the second goal, it was a good finish from Wayne.”

The Reds boss reserved particular praise for Darren Fletcher and Kieran Richardson, who filled in at full-back in the absence of fit defenders after Patrice Evra went off injured.

“We ended up with two midfielders at full-back and that is hard to adjust to when you're asking young midfielders to do a good job as a defender in an important game,” he said.

“It was a real task, particularly as they've not really played there. Darren only played his first game at full-back on Saturday in the semi final, so he did exceptionally well for us. Kieran has played at left-back a few times but he is still young. It was a great challenge for both of them and they came through it.”

United now have five games left in which to try and claim the title, but Sir Alex has warned his players that it won’t be easy. “With five games to go, most of the games are like cup finals," he said. "Hopefully we're a step closer now and I think we've got the right temperament to do it.”
Old 18-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Samster

Giggs: Points mean prizes

Ryan Giggs admits United are in the business of positive results rather than swaggering performances as the season meanders towards its climax.

The Reds registered a workmanlike 2-0 win over Sheffield United on Tuesday night to move six points clear of reigning champions Chelsea at the top of the table.

With just five league games remaining before the end of the campaign, however, Giggs insists the be-all and end-all is taking three points from each match.

"That's what it's about now," he told Sky Sports. "It's about getting the results and that's what we've done tonight. We aim to do the same on Saturday (against Middlesbrough), we'd take 1-0 right now.

"We're not going to score four or five every game, but we know we're going to create chances and as long as the lads do their job at the back we should be ok.

"It was a bit frustrating but it's an important part of the season. We've been lucky enough in the last few games to score a lot of goals, but it's not going to be like that every time.

"Sometimes 1-0 or 2-0 is a great result, so we're really pleased with that result tonight."

Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney scored in the fourth minute of each half against the Blades, and Giggs admits the timing of the strikes was key in securing victory.

"Sheffield United came here with a game plan of getting players behind the ball and the early goal killed that for them really," he said. "1-0 is always a dodgy scoreline so we were pleased to get that second goal."

Giggs won Sky's man of the match award on his 500th league start, and he admits the experience of United's veterans will prove telling in the title race's final stages.

"I think the experience of the manager and the players who've done it before is always a help, especially to the players who've never won anything," he said.

"On nights like this you look at the calming influence of Scholesy and myself and hopefully we'll help the young lads."
Old 18-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Samster

Giggs: Points mean prizes

Ryan Giggs admits United are in the business of positive results rather than swaggering performances as the season meanders towards its climax.

The Reds registered a workmanlike 2-0 win over Sheffield United on Tuesday night to move six points clear of reigning champions Chelsea at the top of the table.

With just five league games remaining before the end of the campaign, however, Giggs insists the be-all and end-all is taking three points from each match.

"That's what it's about now," he told Sky Sports. "It's about getting the results and that's what we've done tonight. We aim to do the same on Saturday (against Middlesbrough), we'd take 1-0 right now.

"We're not going to score four or five every game, but we know we're going to create chances and as long as the lads do their job at the back we should be ok.

"It was a bit frustrating but it's an important part of the season. We've been lucky enough in the last few games to score a lot of goals, but it's not going to be like that every time.

"Sometimes 1-0 or 2-0 is a great result, so we're really pleased with that result tonight."

Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney scored in the fourth minute of each half against the Blades, and Giggs admits the timing of the strikes was key in securing victory.

"Sheffield United came here with a game plan of getting players behind the ball and the early goal killed that for them really," he said. "1-0 is always a dodgy scoreline so we were pleased to get that second goal."

Giggs won Sky's man of the match award on his 500th league start, and he admits the experience of United's veterans will prove telling in the title race's final stages.

"I think the experience of the manager and the players who've done it before is always a help, especially to the players who've never won anything," he said.

"On nights like this you look at the calming influence of Scholesy and myself and hopefully we'll help the young lads."
Old 19-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Rio return boosts Reds
18/ 4/2007

RIO FERDINAND and John O'Shea will be back on Saturday to ease the defensive crisis threatening to wreck United's season.

Already without five senior defenders, plus goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, who was sidelined with a combination of back and facial injuries, United then lost Patrice Evra 20 minutes into the 2-0 win over Sheffield United at Old Trafford.

Evra will be sent for a scan on the injury he suffered as a result of Colin Kazim-Richards' ugly lunge but it already appears certain the Frenchman will miss Saturday's home encounter with Middlesbrough.

However, at least Ferdinand and O'Shea should be fit to face Boro as the Red Devils seek a win which will leave them requiring a minimum of nine points to seal the championship.

"Rio and John will be back on Saturday, so that should give us a bit more strength and experience in the back line," said Ferguson.

"We ended up with two full-backs (Darren Fletcher and Kieran Richardson) who are midfield players. It was a great challenge for them but they came through it well."

In Wayne Rooney, though, United have a man coming back to top form.

Overshadowed by Cristiano Ronaldo for much of the campaign, Rooney's superb second-half effort, which followed up Michael Carrick's third-minute opener, took his tally for the season to 20, just one behind Ronaldo.

However, while Ferguson has already been forced to shell out £400 to Ronaldo, who has long since exceeded the 15 goals required to win his pre-season wager with the United boss, Rooney still has some work to do.

"He promised me he would get 25," laughed Ferguson.

"Maybe I am going to get the money back I lost to Cristiano."

Rooney is hitting the goal trail at just the right time and with Alan Smith producing another spirited performance, the absence of Louis Saha is not being noticed too much.

The Frenchman has not featured since the away win at Liverpool at the beginning of last month, and Ferguson seemed exasperated when asked when the striker would return.

"Louis," he said puffing his cheeks out, "I just don't know."
Old 19-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1978 / Power: 20
yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future
Wed gossip

Wed trivia from BBC football.. (edited for MU bias)

Wednesday's gossip column

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Bayern Munich have told Manchester United that they can buy Owen Hargreaves in the summer if they are prepared to pay £18m. (Various)

Blackburn Rovers maintain there is no clause in Morten Gamst Pedersen's contract that will allow him to leave the club for a fee of £8m. (The Sun)

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has turned down an approach from Manchester United. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Chelsea will offer Jurgen Klinsmann £7m a year in an effort to persuade him to become manager at Stamford Bridge this summer. (The Sun)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has turned down Real Madrid for a third time.

AND FINALLY...
AC Milan's Brazilian forward Kaka has come out and said that his team are not scared of Manchester United ahead of their Champions League encounter after Sir Alex Ferguson's men beat Roma 7-1 in their last match. (Various)
Old 19-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Samster

Has Fergie's patience run out with Saha?
19/ 4/2007

LOUIS Saha is one match away from making a century of appearances for United, but the odds are lengthening on the French striker ever reaching that milestone.

Sir Alex Ferguson must now be seriously considering more than one transfer swoop in the summer to strengthen his attack as Saha's unreliable appearance record begins to hack off the Reds boss.

Fergie has tracked hitmen such as Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres and Klaas Jan Huntelaar at Ajax, and he has also been linked with Michael Owen at Newcastle.

He has £18m earmarked for midfielder Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich and a probable £8m on its way to Southampton for teenage Welsh full-back Gareth Bale.

One striker was set to be the target for chief executive David Gill to pursue in the close season, but Saha's injury situation is set to force the Reds to dig even deeper into the Glazers' pockets to fund a double swoop.

Ferguson's patience with Saha during an injury curse which has blighted the 28-year-old's time at Old Trafford has been commendable.

Tolerance

The United manager's tolerance looked to have paid off this season as Saha hit the ground running following the summer sale of Ruud van Nistelrooy, knocking in 11 goals by early December.

Those strikes added up to a 2006 calendar year haul of 23. His injury nightmare appeared to be history.

It prompted United to extend the Parisian's contract before Christmas to keep him at the club until 2010.

But since the deal was signed, Saha's appearance graph has plummeted alarmingly again.

He has made just four starts in 2007 and seven appearances as a sub, scoring once.

It has left United short up front, and Fergie had to swoop in the January transfer window to bring Henrik Larsson on loan from Helsingborg to cover the crisis.

The Swede has come and gone, but Saha is still a regular in the treatment room as a hamstring problem he picked up in March continues to keep him off Fergie's list of players available for selection.

Now it seems that the admirable patience of the United boss has worn thin - if it hasn't snapped altogether - with the player dubbed `Balsa Man' by one United fanzine because of his flimsy resistance.

When Fergie was asked after Tuesday night's match against Sheffield United when Saha would be fit, the manager's exasperated and resigned "I don't know" response said it all.

Bleak

And that makes the long term for Saha look bleak.

It looked as if Fergie had reconciled himself to the fact that Saha's fitness is a mystery and that he won't be banking on being able to use the Frenchman for United's run-in.

Saha has been riddled with fitness problems since his £12.8m move from Fulham in January 2004.

Those problems, which included a 12-month battle with knee troubles, have seen him appear in only 53 per cent of the Reds matches since moving from Craven Cottage.

He is stuck on that 99-appearance mark after three-and-a-half years at the club.

Compare that to Wayne Rooney, who clocked up his century in two years.

It's a depressing figure for Saha, and a frustrating one for player and club, as his Fulham appearance record never suggested that United were gambling when they shelled out for him.

Fergie has stuck by injury-stricken players in the past, notably Roy Keane and Ole Solskjaer, allowing them time to return. But theirs were serious problems that needed patience.

The nature of Saha's persistent niggles and apparent extended time out for run-of-the-mill injuries suggests that he can now no longer rely on the manager's tolerance.

It is a sad state of affairs for a likeable player, who on his day is a quality goalscorer at any level. Unfortunately, those days have been overwhelmed by weeks spent in the medical room.

Whether Louis Saha will get a chance to prove he can overcome the blight and last the distance is becoming increasingly uncertain.

The man who helped put the Reds in the driving seat in the Premiership back in autumn and early winter must now be wondering if he will be off-loaded when United's destination is reached this campaign.
Old 19-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Samster

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 417 / Power: 23
gaia is a living Saint! - you won't find bettergaia is a living Saint! - you won't find bettergaia is a living Saint! - you won't find bettergaia is a living Saint! - you won't find bettergaia is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Hope SAF goes all out to buy Klaas Jan Huntelaar ...he has been scoring all e time....though the standard of the dutch league is way off the EPL....but he is definitely fitter than tt kuku saha.....
Old 19-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Samster

Ole reveals retirement schedule
19/ 4/2007

UNITED striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed next season is likely to be his last as a professional footballer.

The 34-year-old has a contract with the Reds until next summer, but told Norwegian newspaper VG he is unlikely to continue after that.

"No," Solskjaer said when asked if he could see a future beyond next season.

However, he is determined to play out the rest of his career at Old Trafford.

"I'll most likely stay here. I have one year left on my contract and I'm aiming to do as well as possible to carry on," the Norwegian continued.

"I'll have to see how I feel. I could suddenly say enough is enough, but I'll stay here next year in any case."

Solskjaer is in his 11th season with United, but has spent the last few years battling to overcome knee problems.

However, the striker is confident he will still be able to play at Premiership level in the 2007/08 campaign.

"I'm almost certain I'll be better next season. Then I'll have this season behind me after two or three years out," he added.

"I'll be able to play at a higher level."
Old 19-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Samster

Henry backs midfield wizard

Thierry Henry believes Paul Scholes would be fully deserving of this season's PFA Player of the Year award.

Scholes is in the running for the prize along with United team-mates Cristiano Ronaldo - the bookies favourite to win it - and Ryan Giggs.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard and Henry's Arsenal team-mate Cesc Fabregas are the other nominees.

The Gunners' skipper expects Ronaldo - who is also nominated in the Young Player of the Year category - to triumph but admits his vote went to United's other midfield wizard.

"My vote went to Paul Scholes," revealed the Arsenal captain who scooped the accolade in both 2003 and 2004. "You saw how much Manchester United missed him last season, and you have seen what a difference he has made when he has come back this year.

"If Cristiano Ronaldo does not win the main award, I think he should take the young player award.

"All he was missing was goals and assists - but he has added that this year and I would be very surprised if he does not win it."
Old 19-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Samster

NEVILLE TALKS DOWN NAIVE NOTION

GARY NEVILLE last night played down the prospect of Manchester United and Chelsea meeting in the Champions League final.

The Premiership’s top two are already set for a title showdown at Stamford Bridge on May 9 and will meet in the first FA Cup final at the new Wembley on May 19.

But Neville says it is “naive” to think they could make it a hat-trick of showdowns in Athens on May 23 because of the strength of their respective semi-final opponents, AC Milan and Liverpool.

The United captain, who is hoping to return from an ankle injury in the first leg against Milan on Tuesday, said: “We both have very difficult semi-finals and it would be naive of either of us to think at this stage that we could meet in the final of the European Cup with the games that we still have to play.

“But it’s a great prospect for all of our players to be going into the last month of the season with possibilities of winning all three major trophies.

“It’s where we’ve wanted to be for the last three seasons and now we’re here, we want to enjoy it.

“Of course, there are similarities to 1999 – we’re still in three competitions and it’s an incredible achievement to be in those competitions, not just for us but also for Chelsea.

“But there’s a long way to go – we haven’t won anything yet. I don’t have any medals around my neck. The hardest work is still to come, this final month is the all-important one.

“Whoever wins those crucial moments will obviously go on and finish the season the happiest.

“We have a great belief in the team, the football we are playing and the resilience we are showing, that we can win every game and that’s what we are intending to do.”
Old 20-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Samster

Wilkins wary of Milan maestro
19/ 4/2007

FORMER United and AC Milan star Ray Wilkins is tipping the Reds to reach the Champions League final for the first time since their treble-clinching triumph over Bayern Munich.

But he believes that the Premiership leaders must stop San Siro hitman Kaka to achieve their goal.

Wilkins joined the Rossoneri from Old Trafford for £1.5 m in 1984.

And with his first club Chelsea also in the last four, the ex-England midfielder has a conflict of interest.

But he says: "I can see a United v Chelsea Champions League final.

"I don't see too many problems for United in the semi-finals. In fact, I'm sure that Sir Alex would have fancied beating Bayern or Milan over two legs.

"And after what United did to Roma, they have to be confident. Milan do have quality players in Pirlo, Gattuso and Nesta. And Kaka is a real class act.

"But they have an ageing defence. Against Bayern, I have never seen an Italian side allow so many crosses.

"If they do that in the semi-finals, United can expose them.

Trouble

"You think of Cristiano Ronaldo running at them and you can see trouble.

"If he and Ryan Giggs do that, Milan will sink deeper and deeper, allowing United to get shots off at them."

However, in Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite - or Kaka as he is better known - Wilkins believes Milan have a big semi-final danger.

"I think he is quality, sheer class," added Wilkins, who spent three years at the San Siro before joining Paris St Germain.

"He's two-footed, quick and strong. In and out of the box, he is lethal. I would certainly rate him up there with the world's best.

"However, I think United are playing with such flair at the moment that you can't oppose them."

Wilkins is less enthusiastic about the Reds signing Owen Hargreaves.

A move to Old Trafford for the England star looks more likely after Bayern's quarter-final exit.

But Wilkins asked: "Where would you play him? Would United change their shape to accommodate him? It's also a lot of money when you have got real quality there already."

Meanwhile, Pele believes Cristiano Ronaldo will have to wait “one or two years more” before he deserves to be called the best player in the world.

But Pele, widely regarded as the greatest player of all time, told Sky Sports: “Cristiano Ronaldo today is one of the good players, he plays very good in England but to mention him as the best player in the world is very soon.”

Pele nominated a fellow Brazilian as his choice for the best player in the world.

He added: “You have Kaka, who plays very well and I think he is the same level.

“Some years ago - four or five years ago - we had Ronaldinho in good shape.

“I think to compare Cristiano with the great players is too soon.

“We have to wait a little bit. Let’s see in one or two years more if he can keep the same level.”
Old 20-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Samster

UNITED LUC'S IN
By Alan Nixon 19/04/2007

EXTROVERT Italian striker Cristiano Lucarelli wants to join Manchester United.

The Livorno skipper, 31, wants to quit his Serie A side in the summer and his agents have contacted Sir Alex Ferguson about a £6m move.

Lucarelli is known for his strong political beliefs and idolises Che Guevara, his views allegedly limiting his number of Italy caps to three.
Advertisement

He has scored 16 league goals this season.
Old 20-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 671 / Power: 23
dom01 is a splendid one to beholddom01 is a splendid one to beholddom01 is a splendid one to beholddom01 is a splendid one to beholddom01 is a splendid one to beholddom01 is a splendid one to behold

Sell saha... restore smith to striker.. is my call...
Old 20-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1440 / Power: 21
imom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom01 View Post
Sell saha... restore smith to striker.. is my call...
We all love Smudge - fantastic work rate, intelligent and has great awareness... but he's not quite a goal-poacher type striker which is what we need. We have been fortunate that the entire team is taking up the slack that's there due to the lack of such a striker. Ronaldo's over the 20-goal mark already and it's possible for him to reach 25.... amazing for a winger!

And it's nice to see Carrick getting comfortable with putting the ball in the back of the net as well. Fergie's faith in him is vindicated!

Schrodinger's Cat - A girl's skills are both good and bad until one makes an observation. Then she becomes either 'good' or 'bad'. The observation thus determines the result
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1