The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 13-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Park Ji-sung Signs 12-Year Contract with Nike

Park Ji-sung playing for the English premier league team Manchester United, signed a 12-year contract with Nike.

Nike Korea revealed on April 12 that Park Ji-sung signed a contract effective from June 2007 to May 2019. Park Ji-sung’s previous product sponsoring contract with Nike was set to expire this May, but now his deal with Nike will last until the end of his career.

Nike says, “26-year-old Park Ji-sung will be 38 years old by the time the contract expires in 2019, which means he will be with Nike until he is no longer a soccer athlete. A long-term 12-year sports marketing contract in Korea is unprecedented, a result of the deep trust between the two parties.” Nike did not reveal the specific amount, but did say that the sponsor amount will be one that befits the greatest athlete in Korea.

The estimated amount of the contract is one billion won per year.

Nike reportedly sponsors “golf prodigy” Michelle Wie with $5 million (approximately 4.6 billion won) annually, and golf player Tiger Woods (United States) $200 million (approximately 186.5 billion won) over a five-year contract.
Old 13-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Samster

Edwin won't dwell on mistakes

Manchester United keeper Edwin van der Sar says he will not be dwelling on recent mistakes.

The experienced Dutchman recently gifted Portsmouth their opener while he also allowed Mirko Vucinic to net Roma's winner in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League quarter-final.

Van der Sar has conceded last week was not a good seven-day period for him, although he will not let be letting his head drop over the gaffes.

"It's not been my best week of course," he told Sky Sports News. "It happens.

"I'm not going to say a lot about it.

"You're the most disappointed about it. That happens.

"You've got the next game or two or three games and everything, so you can't let it influence you and I'll make sure that it won't."

United tackle Watford in the FA Cup semi-final this weekend and Van der Sar is keen to reach Wembley and add the trophy to his collection of silverware.

"I haven't won it yet," he continued on winning the FA Cup. "Of course you want to win a lot of things.

"We're well positioned at the moment. The next thing that's coming up is the semi-final.

"So if you want to win things you need to go to the final. That's why we're not taking any chances by not doing our best."
Old 13-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Samster

Bayern ready to sell £17m Hargreaves

Bayern Munich are ready to discuss the future of England midfielder Owen Hargreaves and the possibility of a £17 million summer move to Manchester United following the German club's Champions League elimination at the hands of AC Milan.

Hargreaves, a long-term target of United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, has made no secret of his desire to leave the Allianz Arena for Old Trafford ever since being alerted of United's interest last summer, but Bayern have steadfastly refused to open talks with the Premiership leaders over the player.

The German club's quarter-final exit against Milan, which denied them a semi-final encounter against United, and their current placing outside the Champions League qualifying positions in the Bundesliga have left Bayern open to the possibility of raising substantial transfer funds by selling Hargreaves.

Club president Franz Beckenbauer admitted ahead of the Milan tie that Bayern would "seriously consider" a United bid this summer and general manager Uli Hoeness, who had previously stated that Hargreaves would have to see out the remaining three years of his contract, has now conceded that talks are planned.

Hoeness said: "Will he leave in the summer? I cannot answer that, but we will sit down in the next few days and discuss it. At this stage, we have not done that because we have not negotiated with United on this.

"But if we say 'yes' we are prepared to sell,' then we go to negotiations. But we have to discuss it within our club first. We will not discuss what happens in public. We will discuss it at board level."
Old 13-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Samster

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2398 / Power: 19
CibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond reputeCibLover has a reputation beyond repute

Ronaldo signs new contract at Old Trafford

Breaking news!! Breaking news!!

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed terms on a new five-year contract at Old Trafford.

The deal will keep the in-form Portuguese international at the club until at least June 2012.

Ronaldo, 22, has been linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona since last summer's World Cup in Germany but has now committed his future to the Premiership leaders.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: 'It is fantastic news, it emphasises the point that Cristiano is happy here and that he is at the right club.

'He has a great relationship with the team, staff and the fans and he will go on to be one of Manchester United's great players.'

Only this week there were further reports that the player's agent had held talks with Madrid.

But Ronaldo added: 'I am delighted. I spoke with Sir Alex and (chief executive) David Gill about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay.

'I am very happy at the club and I want to win trophies and hopefully we will do that this season.'

================================================== ======

To R.M and Barca - F*** OFF!!!!

Member of the REALM

Tiko Lover of the Tiko Family
Old 14-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CibLover View Post

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed terms on a new five-year contract at Old Trafford.

The deal will keep the in-form Portuguese international at the club until at least June 2012.

Cristiano Ronaldo factfile

1985 - Born February 5 in Funchal on the Madeira Islands, Portugal.

Begins his career at Nacional Madeira before moving to Sporting Lisbon.

2002 - Makes his debut for Sporting in the Portuguese Super Liga at the age of 17 after winning international caps for Portugal's youth sides.

2003 - August - Scores in pre-season friendly against Manchester United. Completes a £12.24 million transfer to United, taking the number seven shirt following the sale of England captain David Beckham to Real Madrid. Makes debut as a second-half substitute in opening-day 4-0 win over Bolton at Old Trafford. Plays for Portugal full national side in 1-0 win over Kazakhstan.
September - Charged with improper conduct by the FA following his involvement in fracas with Arsenal players in match at Old Trafford. Later fined and warned over future conduct.
November - Scores his first goal for United in 3-0 victory over Portsmouth at Old Trafford.

2004 - May - Scores opening goal in United's 3-0 FA Cup final victory over Millwall at the Millennium Stadium.
June/July - Voted United's player of the year by supporters. Scores in shoot-out as Portugal knock England out of the European Championships on penalties in quarter-finals, but finishes tournament as a runner-up after 1-0 final defeat to Greece.

2005 - November - Agrees a two-year extension to his United contract, keeping him at the club until 2010.
December - Television pictures show Ronaldo making a one-fingered gesture to crowd after being jeered during United's Champions League defeat to Benfica. Later fined and banned for one match by Uefa.

2006 - January - Sent off for lunging at Manchester City's Andy Cole in United's 3-1 derby defeat.
February - Scores in United's 4-0 Carling Cup final victory over Wigan.
July - After clash with United team-mate Wayne Rooney, who is red-carded, scores Portugal's winning penalty in the World Cup quarter-final shoot-out to eliminate England.
July 8 - After losing third-place play-off to Germany, Ronaldo says he wants to leave United, claiming no-one at club supported him in the Rooney incident. Admits he would like a move to Spain. United stress there is "no possibility" Ronaldo will be sold.
August 20 - Ronaldo scores a goal in his first Premiership match since the World Cup against Fulham.

2007 - February - Named captain of the Portugal team for a friendly against Brazil a day after his 22nd birthday.
April - Scores twice as United humiliate Roma 7-1 in the Champions League quarter-final second leg at Old Trafford. Agrees new five-year contract at Old Trafford.

Last edited by qbdp; 14-04-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 14-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Samster

United taking nothing for granted, says Giggs
By Pete Oliver

MANCHESTER, England, April 13 (Reuters) - Manchester United's mid-week annihilation of AS Roma will not lead them to underestimating the challenge of playing Watford in the FA Cup semi-finals, winger Ryan Giggs said on Friday.

United go into Saturday's tie at Villa Park on the back of their 7-1 beating of the Italians in the Champions League and as overwhelming favourites to overcome the bottom club in the Premier League.

But Giggs said United cannot afford to ease up as they look to secure their place in the final against either Chelsea or Blackburn Rovers, who meet on Sunday.

"We have got to approach the game in the right way," said Giggs, acting team captain in the absence of Gary Neville.

"We won't be taking anything for granted. We know we are favourites and we are expected to go through but we have got to apply ourselves and make sure that we produce the goods.

"It's an FA Cup semi-final, that's the bottom line. The prize for the winner is the FA Cup final and the chance to play at the new Wembley so there's a great incentive there," Giggs told reporters.

"Watford are a Premiership club and we only beat them 2-1 when we played them at their place earlier in the season and they played very well.

"So we know that it's going to be difficult but we also know that if we apply ourselves well and produce the football that we did on Tuesday night then we will have a great chance."

WAKE-UP CALL
United have never lost an FA Cup semi-final in seven attempts under Alex Ferguson but like Giggs the United manager is not dismissing the threat posed by Watford, facing almost certain relegation after one season back in the top flight.

"The good thing for me is that we had a wee bit of a wakening up last Saturday," said Ferguson, whose side were beaten in the league for only the third time this season by Portsmouth.

"There was a bit of tiredness at the end but it was a reminder that at this time of year you can lose football matches."

Giggs said he is revelling in United's free-flowing brand of football.
"It's great the way we are playing at the moment. It's the Manchester United way, trying to score goals, attacking from all areas of the pitch, lots of people weighing in with goals."

Giggs scored one of his finest goals at Villa Park in a winning semi-final against Arsenal eight years ago and United went on to win the treble of FA Cup, league and Champions League. Victory on Saturday would maintain hopes of a repeat.

United's squad remains stretched by injury problems, particularly in defence, with John O'Shea a doubt with a calf problem sustained against Roma.

Neville, Mikael Silvestre, Nemanja Vidic, Ji-sung Park and Louis Saha all remain out but midfielder Paul Scholes could return after missing the Roma game through suspension.
Old 14-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Samster

Fergie backs Ron for greatness

Sir Alex Ferguson has urged Cristiano Ronaldo to use his five-year contract with Manchester United to become an all-time legend of the game.

Despite constant speculation about a world-record move to Real Madrid or Barcelona, Ronaldo has opted to remain with the Old Trafford outfit, extending his stay until 2012.

While the deal had been largely anticipated, and will rocket Ronaldo into the Red Devils' top earnings bracket, it has provided the perfect backdrop to United's assault on the Treble, which continues with an FA Cup semi-final against Watford at Villa Park on Saturday.

Three points clear in the Premiership and a two-legged encounter with AC Milan away from a Champions League final, Ronaldo has been a major factor behind United's success this term.

The Portugal winger took his goals tally to 20 with a double in the midweek rout of AS Roma and such has been the consistency of his game this season, many pundits now believe he is currently the best player on the planet.

Team-mate Patrice Evra went even further this week, claiming Ronaldo had the ability to make the same impact as Pele and Maradona, widely accepted to be the best two players ever to grace the game.

Rather than shy away from the comparisons, Ferguson embraced them and does not necessarily feel the 22-year-old, who is about to complete his fourth season at Old Trafford, will fail to match them.

"At 22, he has the same skill factor as Maradona and Pele," said Ferguson.

"He is one of the best signings I have ever made. The measurement of his improvement this year is astronomical.

"In terms of top-flight football, where do you find a winger who has scored 20 goals. It is incredible.

"Without question, Cristiano is getting to the level of best player in the world.

"Thereafter, it is up to others to decide whether he is as good as Maradona and Pele. That is the challenge in front of him now."

Given stellar talents such as Zinedine Zidane, Johann Cruyff and George Best did not quite manage to climb into bracket reserved for the very elite, Ronaldo's task to do so is enormous.

As Ferguson pointed out, Pele's three World Cup final wins and 1,300 career goals overshadows everyone, while Maradona's brilliance was the decisive factor in Argentina conquering the world in 1986.

Yet superlatives are starting to run out for Ronaldo, who began the campaign under such a cloud after the adverse publicity he received following his part in England's World Cup demise, Ferguson felt it necessary to have a chat with the youngster about his future.

"We had dinner with him in Portugal and stressed this had happened before to David Beckham," revealed the Scot.

"It is a seven-day wonder really.

"There is nothing wrong with booing. We get booed at most places. But he had the nerve to handle it. He still gets a bit of it but that is only because he is a great player."

Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd is the next man to try to find a way of stopping Ronaldo, who is bound to figure in a United side which will be bolstered by the return of Paul Scholes from suspension.

Given Scholes is being introduced to a side which hammered seven past Roma in midweek, it is hardly a surprise the Hornets are being totally written off.

Ferguson is too canny to take anything for granted. However, having won all seven of his previous FA Cup semi-finals, it would rank among the tournaments biggest upsets if the run came to an end this weekend.

"We respect Watford," he said.

"They have a good manager, an honest bunch of players and a bit of pace up front.

"But I have never lost a semi-final (domestic competitions) and hopefully that statistic still holds on Saturday night."
Old 14-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 185 / Power: 18
epsilon is a Helpful and Caring Samsterepsilon is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Cristiano Ronaldo insists Manchester United is the 'right' club for him.

Ronaldo has snubbed repeated overtures from Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona to sign a multi-million pound five-year extension to his United contract.

The deal, which will keep the 22-year-old at Old Trafford until 2012, has rocketed Ronaldo into the game's top earners, befitting his status as one of the most influential players on the planet.

Born on the sunshine island of Madeira, it would have been no surprise if the climate and lifestyle in Spain had proved attractive to the former Sporting Lisbon star, particularly given the abuse heaped on him during the aftermath to last summer's World Cup.

However, Ronaldo, who joined United for £12million as a raw teenager in 2003, insists he never had any intention of quitting Old Trafford and is happy to stay exactly where he is.

'I wanted to stay,' he told MUTV.

'I am at the right club and this is why I signed

'Everything is okay here. I am happy with my colleagues, my friends and my coaches.

'The supporters have also helped me very much and I am really happy here.'

With an impressive 20 goals to his name this term, Ronaldo has been the major driving force behind United's Treble bid.

He scored twice in the midweek Champions League rout of Roma and will tomorrow hope to guide the Red Devils into the FA Cup final at the expense of Premiership basement boys Watford.

Yet, despite the host of accolades coming his way, the youngster admits he still has plenty of improving to do.

'I was only 18 when I came here but everyone at the club has helped me,' he said.

'I have learned a lot already but I still have more to learn and I just want to keep going.

'I want to win more trophies here and hopefully, I can do that this season.'

'It is fantastic news,' said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson. 'It emphasises the point that Cristiano is happy here and that he is at the right club.

'He has a great relationship with the team, staff and the fans and he will go on to be one of Manchester United's great players.'

As a winger of world-class proportions himself, team-mate Ryan Giggs has nothing but admiration for the way Ronaldo has performed this season.

And the Welshman has no hesitation in backing those who claim the Portugal winger is the best player on the planet at present.

'I don't believe there is anyone who could rival him as being the best player in the world,' he said. 'For someone in his position, and of his age, to be as consistent as he has been, is remarkable.

'His performances have been brilliant.

'To secure his future for the next five years is great news for everyone.'

Giggs has nothing but admiration for the way Ronaldo has emerged from the adverse reaction he received after the World Cup.

'Sometimes situations like that make you as a player,' he said.

'You have seen that many times, especially at this club. It can drive you on.

'It is all about individual characters and the determination within themselves. Cristiano has shown that this season.

'The booing seems to have stopped to a certain extent because people respect the way he plays the game and respect the ability he has.'

Giggs does believe Ronaldo needs to maintain his current form for a few years before he can truly be bracketed with the all-time greats.

But the 33-year-old is adamant his young team-mate can get better.

'Cristiano has improved as a player and he is still improving, that is the scary thing,' he said. 'He isn't bothered by the challenges that face him.

'He can definitely get better. The thing he has to do now, is do it over the next 10 years and be consistent. Then he will be up there with the greats.'
Old 14-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Samster

Ferguson's power of persuasion secures Ronaldo

SIR Alex Ferguson's repelling of the predators who had been stalking Cristiano Ronaldo with a view to snatching him from Old Trafford could hardly be described as a surprise. He has, after all, spent more than three decades coping successfully with the savagery of the managerial jungle.

Persuading the 22-year-old Portuguese superstar to sign a new contract which binds him to Manchester United until 2012 was a personal coup for Ferguson, who had cautioned the club's executives against the folly of accepting a huge offer from Real Madrid.

"Of course, it was costly," said Ferguson, in allusion to satisfying the demands of Ronaldo, which were said to include earnings of £140,000 a week. "But I told our people, 'Look, two or three years down the line, we could be playing Real Madrid and thinking to ourselves that we had the best player in the world and let him go.' Nobody would want that."

The ink had hardly dried on reports of Ronaldo's devastating contribution to Manchester United's 7-1 victory over Roma on Tuesday when, inevitably, accounts of Real's determination to lure him to Spain began to appear.

These were no rumours, but detailed stories of contact between Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, and Franco Baldini, the executive who handles all of the Spanish club's transfer business. They included a claim by Madrid that they were willing to pay United's supposed "asking price" of £54 million and an assurance that they would top any contract offer made by United to Ronaldo.

The reports were also, according to Ferguson, typical of the way in which the big Spanish clubs, including Barcelona, go about their business. He remained confident that the player would accept a two-year extension - with a commensurate increase in wages - to an agreement that was due to expire in 2010.

"I never saw it as a problem," said Ferguson. "Apart from the fact that he was already contracted till 2010, the boy wanted to stay here. He loves it here, he knows he is wanted here, he has been well looked after and he has many good friends. Obviously, though, we had to agree the new deal that will extend his commitment to the club.

"We went through the usual process, where both parties start out at different ends of the scale and, eventually, meet at a point where each is happy. We couldn't be more pleased with how quickly the business has been completed. I didn't think it would happen as early as it has.

"The whispering of agents was never a concern, because that's something that never changes, especially with clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona. That's what they've always done, so it's nothing new. We just had to ignore that and get on with our business."

Ferguson also insisted that offers of extravagant fees for Ronaldo's transfer would not be a problem, as the American owners of United, the Glazer family, had not intimated a desire to take advantage of Ronaldo's value.

"The Glazers have been fine since they took over," he said. "They haven't interfered with anything we do. I've had a couple of meetings with them, although David Gill, our chief executive, obviously deals with them more regularly. Any time I've been with them, they've simply said to let them know if there's anything I need."

The Premiership's new £2.7 billion television deal, which comes into effect next season, will bring increased revenues that will make the leading clubs more resistant to the kind of bids Real had intended to make for Ronaldo.

Ferguson will already have told the Glazers that what he needs, now that Ronaldo's future has been secured, is the means by which to strengthen a squad that has, over the course of this season, rekindled hopes of ending Chelsea's reign as champions and of returning the Champions League and the FA Cup to Old Trafford.

"Yes, I would hope to add a couple of players in the summer who will improve us," said Ferguson. "We're talking about that now. There won't be sweeping changes, maybe just one or two coming in who would have the talent to make a difference.

"One of the benefits we get from playing our style of football, such as in the Roma match, is that it makes it easier to persuade top players to come here. They see what we do and they like it. That's the kind of football they want to play.

"But one of the most pleasing things for me has been the way our back-up players have performed when they've been called upon. The real value of players like Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea, Wes Brown and Alan Smith is that they can all play in various positions. That gives you options at those times when others are injured or suspended.

"I think these lads have done a fantastic job when they've been needed. When you get the kind of performance we did against Roma on Tuesday, you can be sure that it will be your big players who will do most of the damage.

"We saw that with Cristiano, Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney. But the others all played significant parts. The encouraging thing is that we have so many young players in the squad, who can become even better as they mature.

"Look at Ronaldo and the way he has progressed this season. When he was younger, people talked about how he overdid the flashy stuff, the step-overs and the attempt to beat an entire team single-handedly. But that's typical of great players in their youth.

"It's as if, as youngsters, they live the dream, doing all the fancy stuff they loved against players of their own age. But the great ones, like Ronaldo, leave that behind and become more sensible, more aware of the needs of the team. He's now showing that he has every aspect of his game under control."

Having travelled to Munich on Wednesday to watch Milan beat Bayern 2-0 and make the Champions League semi-final rendezvous with United, Ferguson is understandably confident that his team are capable of overcoming the Italians and reaching the final in Athens on 23 May. "When they beat us at the last-16 stage two years ago, we were going through a transitional period," he said. "Younger players like Ronaldo and Rooney were still finding their way and there is no doubt that we have made great progress since then. Milan haven't changed all that much.

"They still have the bones of that side, with Dida, [Alessandro] Nesta, [Paolo] Maldini, [Rino] Gattuso, [Andrea] Pirlo, [Massimo] Ambrosini and Kaka all still playing regularly. They no longer have [Hernan] Crespo, who scored their goals in both legs. I would like to think that, if we produce the kind of high-tempo play we saw against Roma, we can give them a hard time."

The possibility of meeting Chelsea in the finals of both the Champions league and the FA Cup, as well as the crucial Premiership match at Stamford Bridge - all in the space of two weeks next month - will doubtless have journalists salivating over the prospect of personal collisions between Ferguson and Jose Mourinho.

The verbal jousting between the two managers has been a feature of the rivalry between the clubs through a season in which they have brought the Premiership title down to a two-horse race. But Ferguson's account of their relationship rather exposes the myth of their enmity.

"Och, that's all paper talk," he said. "He says what he thinks and I say what I think and the media turns it into so-called mind games. I like Jose, we get on fine. He sent me a text right after our match with Roma congratulating us on our performance and I sent him one back to say well done in beating Valencia. We're okay."
Old 14-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 2080 / Power: 0
machoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CibLover View Post

'================================================= =======

To R.M and Barca - F*** OFF!!!!
Wow!!! Fantastic news!!!

I like your message to RM & Barca!!! LOL!!! Hahaha!!!
Old 14-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Samster

HEINZE'S 'OBSESSION'

GABRIEL HEINZE last night revealed the FA Cup has become a personal "obsession" as he set his sights on winning the Treble with Manchester United.

Argentinian Heinze was injured and missed the 2005 final, when United lost to arch-rivals Arsenal, and is on a one-man mission to win the famous trophy in the first final at the new Wembley.

And he hoped that today's semi-final opponents Watford will be despatched by a display like the the stunning seven-goal Champions League win over Roma on Wednesday.

"For me the FA Cup is a personal challenge," he said. "It is my obsession to play and beat Watford to reach the FA Cup final. It means everything to me because this trophy is famous all over the world.

"But I am convinced that the Watford players see this semifinal as the match of the year and that makes it a very big danger for us.

"Watford are the last team in the Premiership table but in this competition anything is possible."

The next three weeks will define United's season as they pursue a Treble of Champions League, Premiership and FA Cup, and Heinze maintains it is within their grasp.

"It is very tough and we will have to be at our best," he said.

"But this team is very united, together - and that is key to our success."
Old 15-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Samster

Watford 1 Manchester United 4

Wayne Rooney's double strike put Manchester United in the FA Cup final at the expense of Watford and kept their quest for the three major trophies firmly on course.

Rooney put United in front in the seventh minute, with Hameur Bouazza scoring a surprise 26th-minute equaliser for the visitors before Cristiano Ronaldo restored the Red Devils' lead just two minutes later.

Rooney's second goal in the 66th minute, and a fourth from substitute Kieran Richardson eight minutes from full-time, sealed United's presence in the first final at the new Wembley Stadium, and their dream of a repeat of 1999 - when Sir Alex Ferguson's men won the Premiership, the FA Cup and the Champions League - is still alive.
Old 15-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 3705 / Power: 22
QQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond reputeQQ8899 has a reputation beyond repute

Bro qbdp, your reports very professional sia! Machiam reporter liao! Are you working as a reporter??
Old 15-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 2080 / Power: 0
machoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond repute

Ferguson on an FA Cup mission
Sunday, April 15, 2007, 08:46:50 HRS

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney celebrates after scoring the first goal of their FA Cup semi-final football match against Watford at Aston Villa's Stadium, Villa Park in Birmingham. Manchester United secured a place in the FA Cup final and kept their treble challenge on track with a 4-1 rout of Watford in the semi-finals on Saturday. - AFP

Alex Ferguson is on a mission to lift the sixth FA Cup of his glittering managerial career at Old Trafford after Manchester United comfortably secured their place in the final to complete a perfect seven days.

While their performance may not have reached the giddy heights of the annihilation of Roma in midweek, United inched Ferguson closer towards a stunning treble after destroying Watford's dream.

Ferguson's perfect record both at Villa Park and in semi-finals with United remained intact at a canter after Wayne Rooney's two goals and strikes from Cristiano Ronaldo and Kieran Richardson brought them a 4-1 victory.

It was nothing to compare with the stunning thrashing of Italians Roma in their midweek Champions League encounter but another step towards Ferguson emulating his achievements of 1999 with triumphs in Europe, the Premiership and FA Cup.

And Ferguson will end his exile from Wembley in May determined to ensure that the trophy cabinet at Old Trafford needs new hinges.

"It's been a good tournament for me," he said. "Obviously I've lost two finals but hopefully there won't be another one. There is a fantastic atmosphere in the dressing room and we are all looking forward to going back to Wembley.

"I've said to the foreign players like Ronaldo, Evra and Heinze that they will understand why everyone talks about Wembley because it is such a special occasion.

"The feeling you get when you approach the place is fantastic, so hopefully it's another good one for us."

Ferguson was adamant that United had produced the finest evening at Old Trafford in their illustrious history in the incredible defeat of Roma in the Champions League.

And they extended their scintillating week in the seventh minute with another spectacular goal. Rooney seized upon fatal hesitancy from the Watford defence to sidestep Adrian Mariappa and hammer an unstoppable shot into the top corner.

Ryan Giggs(L) of Manchester United and Tommy Smith of Watford battle for the ball during their FA Cup semi-final football match played at Aston Villa's Villa Park stadium in Birmingham. Manchester United secured a place in the FA Cup final and kept their treble challenge on track with a 4-1 rout of Watford in the semi-finals on Saturday. - AFP

But Watford, whose Premiership existence will be confirmed as over within the next few weeks, seemed to be less anxious without the necessity for league points at stake and were not as over-awed as the neutrals had feared.

A sustained period of steady pressure resulted in a shock equaliser, with Hameur Bouazza hooking a spectacular volley in off the crossbar.

However, the equaliser inevitably acted as an irritant to Ferguson's men and they were ahead again barely two minutes later. Rooney broke clear down the right and presented Ronaldo with the simplest of tasks with a finish from two yards out.

Portuguese international winger Ronaldo cannot have envisaged a more impressive week, coming days after his one-man demolition of Roma and signing a new 120,000 pounds a week contract.

Watford, to their credit, looked more determined after the break with van der Sar needing to be alert to keep Bouazza's deep cross from findiung the corner.

But Rooney's second, in the 66th minute, ended the Hornets' adventure for another year - with substitute Richardson adding a clever fourth late on, advancing to chip Lee.

Ferguson said: "This has been a hard cup run and we've done it the hard way, beating a lot of good Premiership sides.

"There were moments where we've carried a bit of luck, like at Reading, but we can take credit for our run. Who do I want in the final? It doesn't matter."

Ferguson's only headache was the early departure of Rio Ferdinand with a groin injury but he is expected to make the Champions League semi-final with AC Milan.

Boothroyd is now left to focus on his seemingly futile task to keep his side in the Premiership, but was buoyed by their display.

"I told the players that I wanted Manchester United to come off the pitch knowing they had been in a game," he said, " and I think we've done that.

"The scoreline will say that they scored four goals, and of course they're capable of that because they've got fantastic players, but I don't think it's an accurate reflection.

"I wanted us to cause them problems at set pieces and we did that. We had a good spell at 2-1 down early in the second half and we should have taken our chances.

"But we didn't do that and obviously we're all disappointed to be out of the cup. But I can't have any complaints with our performance, whatever the result."

- AFP
Old 16-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ8899 View Post
Bro qbdp, your reports very professional sia! Machiam reporter liao! Are you working as a reporter??
Bro, I am not reporter lah. Just copy and paste the news for fellow Man Utd's fans to enjoy. Too lazy to type the various sources and links lor.

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1