View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 05:40 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Er Ge View Post
....Imho, the main draw at EATERN is this Ping Kee Soup Ikan where you can choose from their very fresh array of fishes. Not just soup but also in assam, teo chew poached, deep fried (my favourite), fish head yam soup in claypot etc. Not cheap but reasonable. It's open in the morning and do try this stall if you have not. But not after 12pm as their most popular deep fried snapper fillet would sell off by then especially during weekends.
Thanks again for sharing,bro.Eatern food court still remains as part of my ongoing trip's to-go-places. Reading from bro Newyorker's post objectively where his post was replying to me,i believe he knew (since beginning of 2014) that i was allergic to sea food,hence his recommendation was more on the food he knew at Eatern food court that better suits me. (which is usually ayam/non-sea food based food).

I am still gonna head down to Eatern before picking up the boys from Harbour Bay in the morning,and once i could pin the exact location of Eatern Food court,perhaps the sea food lovers in this trip can try and later give me a rating on how good the deep fried snapper fillet (from Ping Kee soup Ikan at Eatern) that you are addicted to really taste like,hehehe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaboy2007 View Post
The Astro Foodcourt BKT is so so to me since I had tried some of the best in Klang and KL.
Interesting,Bak Kut Teh was one of my favourite food in Batam. Have not tried the one at Astro yet nor those in KL and Klang,but Mickey Mouse Bak Kut Teh sure beats most of what Balestier (in sillypore) has to offer and comparable with some of JB's. Mickey Mouse Bak Kut Teh still ranked number 1 on my taste bud in Batam where Bak Kut Teh is compare with the Shuang Fong at Nagoya City walk,Sinar Bulan coffee shop,Indo Rasa Food court,Nagoya Hill Mall 2nd floor food street,Harbour Bay coffee shop and the one at A2. The Astro Food court Bak Kut Teh shop was named Shuang Fong too,hence i didnt try even when i see most customers there orders it.

Will go try it if there is a chance,hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfairy View Post
Juz wondering if this astro food court is the same as what u all saying now? Thxs.
The Astro food court was actually nearer to Penuin area and not beside Lucky Plaza. I realize in my last trip that quite a few shops beside Lucky Plaza has closed down. One of them was the Zhi Char store which i frequent and it sells cheap pretty good zhi char food which was run by an auntie. i am referring to the one almost beside New Berlian joint.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info