View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 10:33 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
This is shocking news to me!
Thank you for thinking also about me. If you are there, would you mind, please, to ask when you pass by?
Will try to do so if i pass by there.

Anyway, whether Newton still in operation or not, you will still come to Batam, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka_Timo View Post
Glad to see you step food in batam again after such a long time
Hehehe...Batam changed a lot. Quality of good & better girls not as much as before covid time.

The worst part of my last trip was i have to reboot everything i know in Batam.

In other word, i feel like a newbie..hehehe..i started from scratch all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanfulou View Post
Agree. As for me I prefer their local Indonesian food, and I prefer to go to places that are not well known to the tourist. So far yet to find any good nasi padang that I like.
Everyone's preferred food is different.

You use Grab food or Go food apps right? If you happen to like a particular kind of food in Batam, can order direct from Grab food or Go food to your hotel. 95% plus of all good & better food known in Batam can be ordered to your hotel,hehehe...that's almost everything you need at your finger tip.

My favourite Meximo pub wantan noodle can be ordered from those apps, & all the Micky mouse BKT in various location + etc etc too.

Don't know where to find good Nasi Padang? My advise...try EVERY Nasi Padang in Batam whenever you are there. You'll find one you like one day.

* much often, i bring the "try everything" attitude to Batam to find things i like there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
Thank you for informing.
Nono is the second person that says he passed by Newton at daytime but it looked closed.
I tried to call Newton hotel at the number on Google, but nobody answers.
If there is anything i learned in Batam, that is do not believe what my eyes can see in Batam,hehehe...

Below is a building called Harbour Bay Mall. The whole building is left only with skeleton structure.

If i tell there are shops STILL in business in this buidling, will you believe me?

( Click to show/hide )

Photos were taken last month on the same day.

Ok, back to Newton.

Newton Hotel has been close since before covid time, that is as far i have known. But during then the disco is still in operation. I said i walk pass Newton during the day. I don't think Newton discotheque is in operation during day time tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
For my trips over the last 3 months, I've used Grab/Gojek/Maxim with cash and cashless payments. I've not encountered drivers asking for more than what's quoted in the apps.
Same here, never encounter any Gojek/GoCar/Maxim driver who ask for more than the quoted amount,hehehe...even if they do i also don't understand what they say tho.

Place in Harbour Bay ferry terminal to wait for your Gojek/GoCar/Maxim driver.

A friend brought me there & order his taxi there.

I have not waited there before, i usually wait in my hotel lobby...hehehe...i notice Maxim, a new app in Batam. Hotel receptionist helped me booked a taxi with it. Seems like it is a bit cheaper than Gojek & Grab.

Till now, i STILL don't have grab/gojek/maxim apps on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deca View Post
Any bros here with experience staying at Batam City Hotel? The hotel has a spa - do you know if they will come to your room for massage if you’re staying at the hotel?
Batam City Hotel base on pre-covid time has in house massage from New spa. Then again, this info is before covid time. I used to stay there before & have request for in house massage for myself & my girl(s).

That was the time i learned a massage girl from New Spa (ex-Delta girl) was gang raped in the hotel room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deca View Post
For that matter, any hotels in Batam has such spa and service? Thank you in advance!
I was about to tell you Utama hotel, but my recent trip tells me Utama hotel already closed down.

Try staying in Hotels near DC mall or ex-Utama hotel area, the MPs around there allows their girls to go hotel to do the massage for customer. And almost all of the MPs near DC Mall are "dirty massage".

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info