View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 237 / Power: 4
Morpheus7522 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterMorpheus7522 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterMorpheus7522 is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: A Peek Into My Darkness

Encounter 6

There was a female Warrant Officer that was rotated to work in my unit closer to the end of my ORD. Avelyn was about 10 years older than me, married and had 2 kids. You could say that she was somewhat pretty in a plain sort of way but with a very MILF vibe about her. She also didn’t attract a lot of attention from the guys in my camp as we were lucky enough to have other prettier and younger DSOs around.

Anyway, when she first started out, everything was strictly business between us as I was in the final leg of my enlistment and I didn’t want anything to fuck it up. Besides, I was fucking Cass on a more regular basis (almost every time I get out of camp) with no strings attached.

I started by showing her the administrative ropes, common mistakes and what needed to be done on a day to day basis. Everything a good teacher should impart to a new student.

About a month into the job, I ran into her at the back of the camp speaking loudly into the phone. She was all choked up with emotions that I thought it would be best to hang around and make sure nothing untoward happens. She didn’t seem to notice my presence as she paced around yelling into the phone.

A: I can’t believe you did this again! How many times do I need to tell you that its a habit you should kick! $100,000 lost is not a small sum and it’s coming out of the kids’ education fund. How could you do this to them?!

I was too far away to hear the reply on the other end.

A: Stocks, stocks, stocks! You keep telling me that’s the way to financial freedom and you have this lobang and that lobang. We have been doing nothing but bleed money! Where is your financial freedom?! One more such incident and we are finished financially!

Her voice suddenly lowered a little.

A: You know I cannot declare bankrupt if not the army will give me lower appointments and it will be harder for me to get promoted. Without my income, how are we going to pay the bills? You’re hardly even working anymore!

She finally glanced around to see if anyone was watching or heard her and spotted me standing just across the way. She immediately hushed and ended the call before rushing over to where I am.

M: Sorry didn’t mean to listen in on your conversation but you were pretty loud

A: Sorry sir, I didn’t mean to speak so loudly. You were looking for me?

M: Yup I was. Some of the documents need to be dispatched over to a few camps urgently. Could you rally the boys, indent a vehicle and get it sorted

A: Yes sir I will

M: But before that, is everything ok? It seemed like such a serious call

A: Some home issues, sir. Nothing to worry about. I’ll settle the documents immediately

That weekend coincidentally both of us were scheduled for duty. There was nothing much happening so I gave the order for Avelyn and the driver to retire to the bunks early. I myself decided to sit at one of the obscure benches at the back of the camp and read.

Within 15 minutes of me sitting down, I heard footsteps behind me and I glanced over my shoulder to see who it was. I saw Avelyn standing behind me sheepishly.

M: You wanted to make another phone call here?

A: Oh no no. I don’t want to hear that idiot’s voice tonight.

I broke into laughter and she soon followed suit.

A: Actually I came here to talk to you if you’re not to busy

M: Sure. You also know tonight’s going to be a quiet night since almost everyone is booked out. What did you want to talk to me about?

A: It’s about the phone call you overheard. Not sure how much did you overhear?
M: Enough to kind of piece the story together

A: I was hoping you only heard lesser than that. Could I trouble you to keep this to yourself? I know you’re going to ORD but this is my career

M: Avelyn, I’m sorry for eves dropping and I don’t see how this is any of my business so the last thing you should worry about is me

A: Thanks, sir

M: You can call me Morpheus outside of camp hours la. Sir here sir there makes me sound so old

A: Thanks, Morpheus

M: Just out of curiosity though, how do you intend to solve your problem?

A: I’m running out of options to be honest. We have stack of unpaid bills and loans and he just dried up the last 100K on some failed investment. Really my luck to marry a man like him

M: Have you tried loaning it from interest free sources like your relatives?

A: All dried up also. His family is afraid of him because he only knows how to borrow but never returns. My family tried to help but after awhile it seemed pointless to keep lending money to bail him out only to find him back at square one

M: Sounds like a bad situation you’re in

A: The kids are having it the worst I think. My youngest wants to learn the piano but we simply can’t send her because we have no money for the lessons not to mention the piano

Avelyn started tearing up at the mention of her kids and soon she was full on sobbing. I gave her my shoulder to cry on simply because I felt it was the right thing to do. Although, I did keep glancing over my shoulder to see if anyone was watching. This close to ORD, I didn’t want any scandal to smear my reputation.

After a few minutes of sobbing, Avelyn started to compose herself a little.

A: So sorry, Morph. It’s been a long time since I let it all out

M: No problem. Sometimes crying it all out will make you feel much better

A: Yea. I do feel a little better. What do you know about crying to feel better anyway sir? You look like you’re an Ah Sia Kia leh. I’ve seen you drive in and out of camp. Very seldom NSF have the ability to own a car

M: Well, technically it belongs to my parents. They’re just using the other car to get around since camp is so far from my place

A: Wow, it’s so expensive to own a car in Singapore and your family has two. You probably don’t have to worry about money at all. Very unlike my two kids

M: I honestly can’t say I have it bad

A: Anyway it’s getting late. Thanks for lending me your shoulder to cry on and sorry again for ruining your uniform

M: It’s no big deal

Avelyn stood up to walk back to her bunk and I was prepared to go back to my reading when she suddenly turned around.
A: I was wondering… Do you happen to have anything on tomorrow after we book out? Maybe I can buy you breakfast or something. To thank you for not saying anything about my situation?

I looked up from my book and eyed her thoughtfully for a moment. I did have some plans with Cass after I booked out but seeing where this might lead, I could give her an excuse to reschedule.

M: Nope I’ve got nothing on tomorrow actually.

A: Ok then it’s settled then. I’ll see you at the carpark at 8am tomorrow