View Single Post
Old 19-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6183 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
Thank you Bro Nono.
350k is cheap but I believe it's network locked. Cannot be use with other operators.
This is the most critical aspect. I strongly do not recommend anyone to buy a locked device. Phones and mobile wifi routers should be always unlocked, to have the freedom to use a SIM of whatever operator in whatever country.

The argument "but I leave Singapore only to travel to Indonesia" is not valid, as we never know what we'll do in the future.
This 4G device is expected to have a lifetime of a few years. I would not spend money today, to get something I can use only in one country with one operator for the next years.

Singapore has plenty of shops for electronics and communications. It's worth to pay a visit and buy something good, at the best price but not the cheapest. Quality matters (and lasts over time).
That device will be your faithful travel companion for years and anywhere you go.