View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 02:42 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 164 / Power: 15
boingster is a Helpful and Caring Samsterboingster is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: HIV symptoms early warning signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourworld View Post
That’s why we used like 4-5 condoms for 1 session,,,
It was super turn off,,, and we stopped
Hahaha,,

Anyway,, let me be honest,,,
The anonymous testing thingy,,,,
How anonymous is that?
When we did our testing,,
We were told it was anonymous
But they took our particulate for registration,,,
And I think earlier this year
There was a data leak or something like that right??

I own friend is diagnosed with hiv
I know the life changing situations she went thru,,,
Be it career, family, social,,, it was a huge impact!

Ask yourself this question before you go for the check
Can you stomach the news if the result turns out to be +ve?
How would you handle?
Your family would definitely know lo,,,
Coz of the law,,
The authority has the rights to inform your spouse and family if you are tested +ve,,,
So is either you inform yourself or they inform for you lo,,
How anonymous is that?
The reason they take your particulars is so that in the event if the test is positive, it is mandatory to report you to the HIV registry. Furthermore, when these tests are sent to labs to be processed, they all must be labeled with your particulars, otherwise, nobody will know whether the accuracy of their blood tests as it is questionable whether the results reported to you is actually from your blood. It is a basic protocol in every medical institution in the world.

You're wrong because no one else will know, except you and the doctor and the ministry of health. In fact, your HIV status is so private and confidential, that you can marry your spouse without even declaring it to them. Medical professionals also maintain confidentiality otherwise it is punishable by law to leak patients health information without their consent.

If you're concerned about contracting HIV, then you should get tested because of several reasons.

1. If you're HIV positive, the chances of you spreading the disease without knowing is very high, thus increasing the rates of HIV infection - not just in Singapore, but internationally as well.

2. There are anti-viral treatment options that can suppress the disease allowing you to live somewhat normally, and not dying from complications of immunosuppression unexpectedly.

Lastly, I also need to stress to everyone that, it doesnt mean doing your HIV screening overseas means that your anonymity is maintained as every country has a HIV registry, and in fact, every year, data will be compiled and that helps the country to have an idea to see the patterns of HIV.

https://www.who.int/hiv/strategic/su...rkinggroup/en/