View Single Post
Old 29-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 131 / Power: 12
tansy deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guytansy deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: My ex colleague and I...

After lunch, we were back at our seats and carried on with our day as usual. Moments later, Bryan came out and asked me to go to the toilet with him.

Bryan: Eh. Thanks for that lovely lunch break just now.

Me: ... You're welcome.

Bryan: I wanna ask you something.

Me: Uh-huh. What?

(Silence)

Bryan: ...... Do you like me?

There was an even longer silence after he asked that question. Truth is, I think I like him and enjoyed being with him (except lunch. I never liked looking at him eating his lunch because we are polar opposites. He is super messy in his eating and I am very organised.).

I wanted more of this relationship. But if I reply a yes to his question, I know that I will lose my fiance. I must not let Bryan know how I feel towards him. All of these were too familiar to me, I knew what will happen, if I made known of my feelings for him.

"Nope." I said finally.

There was a silence again. This path to the toilet felt oddly longer than before. I want this moment to end.

"Would you one day like me?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. Why do you ask?"

He shrugged and scratched his head. "Arghhhhh I don't know. I think I like you. (Pause) As in, I think I'm slowly falling in love with you."

"So... I ask you back. Would you one day like me, if you think you havent?"

"Not sure. Maybe, maybe not."

"Ok."

Finally we reached the toilet. Finally. I am determined not to let this develop further than this current state. I convinced myself that it was all about the thrill that I was seeking. Nothing more.