View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 12:47 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by retirebatam View Post
For my case, the life span of my flat has already reach about 50 years. Which is the earliest batch of hdb flat in singapore, left a lease or lifespan of forty over years. (99 years lease)
Make a guess,a flat that has been over 50 years old,is almost surely to be in a mature estate...and how much rental can it fetch? Rental market no good? Put it up at a lowest renting market price minus another 10%-20%,life goes on. When market gets better,simply kick that guy renting it out of the house and rent it to the next higher paying person.

An acquaintance of mine who lives in Batam today,rented his 2 room flat at S$1700,hehehe...my parent's neighbor is renting his 3 room flat at S$2500...

Quote:
Originally Posted by retirebatam View Post
Any flat that has a remaining lease of less than 40 years will have a very low resale value. Wait for en-bloc ? Not possible... as the land of any block of flat that is not require by the garmen will not be selected for en bloc..eventually when the lease reach 99 years, the value become 0.
By far,there was no record of SG Gov chasing ppl out of their flats when the lease reaches 99 years of age,hehehe...i belong to the kiasu kind,so in order to play safe,i worked hard and try my best to be an owner of at least 2 properties in Singapore (dont just count on CPF and investment). Just in case one goose died,the other still live...and if both also died,then its just my fate that i can only pass on to the nether world as a poor man.... *sob*

Like the Batam game i played,in case all else fail,there's still plan B...and then plan C,plan D etc.

Just a thought for now.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info