Thread: Thai Amulets...
View Single Post
Old 19-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2389 / Power: 19
paul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond reputepaul55ho has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thai Amulets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar00 View Post
Assuming that you are not familiar with amulets, my advice is not to buy.

Very good for what? Why do you need to wear it? Why did your friend ask you, someone who know nothing about amulets, to buy an amulet with award? Getting a noob to buy an amulet with award is always a bad sign based on my experience. This one got "award" one, confirm super expensive one lah. Who are you buying it from?

How do you know that you are getting a genuine amulet? Not many real experts out there dare to say that they can ID an amulet whether its genuine or not. Certificate can fake one, amulet also can fake one. How to tell if it's real?

Even if it is genuine, what are you expecting after wearing it? More money? More metta? More good luck? What if what you expected never come? For amulets, what works for me may not work for you. Your "friend" shd know that, which makes me wonder, why recommend you such an expensive amulet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
The certificate mentioned the temple, batch, material made and other info, most impt, it mentioned this is a real authenticate piece.

Wat Rakang so called tok kong amulets are 1 of the most replicate in the market. As a newbie in amulet, I will suggest not to play with old famous amulet. U tell your friend, if so tok kong, let u wear the amulet for a month and within 1 month, kena toto, u will give the seller 10% of toto 1st prize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keit81 View Post
The amulet is a Somdej Wat Rakhang made by Somdej Phra Buddhachan Dto. It is considered the King of amulets and the centre piece if you want a Benjapakee set.

The certification is from Ajarn Kla, a master at authenticating Somdej Wat Rakhang amulets only. He does not authenticate other amulets, not even Somdej Wat Phra Kaew or Bangkhonphrom.

Somdej Wat Rakhang amulets with Ajarn Kla's certification usually trade in Thailand for Millions of Baht, that is 10s of thousand SGD. As someone new to amulets, I would NOT recommend you get something so expensive. In all honesty, Somdej Wat Rakhang amulets are more for collectors than people that wear them for blessings.

If you have that kind of money to spend, might as well make trip to Thailand, go to a few temples to pray and make donations and get the amulets directly from there. You can also get the LuangPhor there to do a blessing for you.
Thks bro for all the advice.

I just ask ask cos my fren was saying its like sgd10k+.

Personally i wearing the gold Garuda wwith Rama 5 from Wat Pho Thong, as what bro Namelo mentioned before. N i recently bought the gold but painted red edition.

Min 7 to exchange. Thks

Pls CHECK properly before PMing to say nvr rtn etc etc.