View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 114 / Power: 12
LateHunter deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyLateHunter deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Av engineer with at least a degree in a MNC.. how subsistent can ur pay be? Easily at least $4.5k

Quote:
Originally Posted by OppaiOppai View Post
Life as a SG peasant male sucks... There's no way to sugarcoat it. It just sucks especially if u r stuck in a dead-end job and with no other job opportunities when you are middle-aged. We live in one of the most expensive cities in the world and are expected to be paid less because competition only applies to the peasant class where you don't have the luxury of a job-performance review every 4 years.

I am a Singaporean Chinese male in my mid 40s. Working now as a AV engineer at a MNC focusing on events management. Armed with only a private uni degree, i earn a subsistence income which i can barely get by after paying for an expensive HDB flat, medical bills etc. And CPF which i can never touch or use and hopefully is still there if some scholar do not gamble away our life savings.

When i was younger, had to serve NS and during my time away (Am in the navy) was passed for promotion by colleagues without that burden and who enjoy the perks of working in Singapore without having to pay or sacrifice anything for it. And then they go home to their bastard 3rd world countries and become rich fucks or if they are Angmor, fuck our girls and get paid way more than normal Singaporeans for essentially doing the same thing as us. I was only hired because the firm needed its quota of Singaporeans and someone who can speak teochew/hokkien to some of the customers which my AMDK bosses can't reach.

And don't even get me started with MRT disruptions.... sigh....Cannot blame anyone cos it "starts from the top". Right guys?

Well...my story here starts where I was on route to a hotel ballroom where we were going to have our company annual year end D&D. I was onsite at the EXPO and I took the train back to the location and guess what happen? Train Disruption! CHEEBYE! Na Hiang eh! Buto! Because of that, I had to rush back with my company whatsapp group exploding with messages like (Henry? Where the fuck are you?)