View Single Post
Old 24-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 548 / Power: 22
djuan6453 is a glorious beacon of lightdjuan6453 is a glorious beacon of lightdjuan6453 is a glorious beacon of lightdjuan6453 is a glorious beacon of lightdjuan6453 is a glorious beacon of lightdjuan6453 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Memoirs of an old cheongster

MY OFFICE AFFAIR (cont)

For more than a year, I managed to maintain a professional decorum. Tina and I had a close working relationship but no more than that. I thought I had managed to conceal my liking for her, but as I found out later, most of the office sensed I had a soft spot for Tina. During this time, we would usually go down to the nearby Coffee Bean for a tea break at least once a week, often with another of our colleagues. Through these sessions, I got to know more about her and vice versa.

About a year after I had joined, I organised an off site team building session for my dept. We had booked a chalet for our session and some of us (Tina and I included) were going to stay overnight there. We were having a BBQ in the evening and I had donated a bottle of wine to the proceedings. I was chatting to another colleague whilst sitting next to Tina. On finishing my conversation, I turned back to get my glass of wine only to find it empty. I looked at Tina and she grinned and winked at me. The little minx had swiped my wine! “Sorry boss” she said “But I didn’t have enough wine”. I don’t know what came over me at that point but I heard myself say “OK then, let’s drive out to a club and I’ll buy you more to drink”. A little voice in the back of my head was telling me that this was a very bad idea, but I ignored it. Tina readily agreed and I asked the rest if they wanted to come too. Despite my cajoling, none of the rest wanted to go out clubbing. Nervous and with a feeling that it was a bad idea, I went to change and got ready to go out.