View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

1st thing 1st, before i made this reply. I am just wishing to point out that Horizon fast ferry can NO LONGER book its ferry on their website w/o upfront payment. Its a been more than a year since i last book via Horizon Ferry online.

Nowaday, i use the so-called voucher, hence i am booking by phone/email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by censored
Dear Nono,
I nearly completed the procedure on the web site, and I found that I have to prepay using credit card. No booking without paying.
My questions remain mostly the same, but need to be corrected as follows:

1) The "return open ticket" option cannot be selected. WHY? How to make it selectable?
i suppose you go to this website and yes, the "return open ticket" option cannot be selected :

https://horizonfastferry.com.sg/

Quote:
2) I tried to book, but I must select exactly the date and time of both ways. Really I cannot book SIN-BAT and leave the return open?
I dont think you could do that now,i just tried. It used to be able to,becos upon return, i will be issue a Return-to-Singapore open ticket. For your case, you may wish to drop Horizon Ferry a call/email to see if they can make any exception.

Quote:
3) If I book only one way, to leave the return open, then I am requested to pay $32. This is not good, as I would pay 32x2=64 for both ways.
The reason why i ask you to look at their website is NOT becos you should be booking from their website, BUT more of looking at the AVAILABILITY of the seat on the ferry for that date of your coming from Singapore to Batam.

Example,if you are arriving on the 6th Dec 2019 :

Notice it tells you its now FULL for 1015am and 1115am?

And on your day of arrival or maybe a day or 2 before your arrival, you would be able to tell in advance the availability for a your desire timing/date by going to their website.

I do not mean you should compulsorily book from their website but more on :

1. At the least you should be knowing your flight arrival date/timing a day or 2 beforehand

2. Check Horizon website for seat availability like its shown on above photo (a day or 2 in advance)

3. Email or dial them for a desire seat (as you are expect to arrive to collect your boarding pass about an hour beforehand),and you should do this about a day beforehand.

This is the most foolproof way i could think of to help secure a seat for your uncertain arriving timing (to Singapore),and as well as an open-return ticket back to Singapore from Batam.

Quote:
5) If I book rountrip paying $48 with the credit card, then am I fixed to the time of return I book? Can I change it once I am in Batam? Or the ticket is sold and cannot be changed?
I wont be able to answer this question as of now becos like i mentioned earlier, i havent been booking via their website for a year or so. In the past, it works like this :

I book from their web w/o any payment for both arrival and departure, i go to Singapore horizon ferry counter to collect my boarding pass, i will be issue a open-returned ferry ticket from Batam to Singapore whereby i still need to go to Horizon ferry counter at Harbour Bay to get a boarding pass (to return to Singapore).

Quote:
I understand I better call them, but maybe you know all this.
Thank you!
You may trying calling them (when you reach Singapore?) or perhaps email them few days before. I suspect you probably might get the similar reply as above.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info