View Single Post
Old 25-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 726 / Power: 18
DegenerationX is a splendid one to beholdDegenerationX is a splendid one to beholdDegenerationX is a splendid one to beholdDegenerationX is a splendid one to beholdDegenerationX is a splendid one to beholdDegenerationX is a splendid one to beholdDegenerationX is a splendid one to behold
Re: Issue with work permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by email View Post
I called ICA. the lady answered the phone sound quite young but she stated that employer is responsible to pay ticket for employee to go back unless there's a mutual agreement.

baesd on feeback above, if employer dun want buy air-ticket, empoyee hav no choice but diam diam buy themselves.
I think you should call MOM, not ICA. It is the employer's responsibility to ensure that the worker leaves Sg within the stated period, otherwise their $5000 security bond will be forfeited. Employers usually are required to buy 2 tickets for the worker, 1 is when they come to Sg to work 2 yrs ago, the other ticket is for the worker to return home. If the worker cannot return home due to employer not willing to buy the air-ticket, she can lodge a case with MOM and the ministry will resolve this matter for her.

I suggest to get your friend to go MOM lodge the case, stating that she is unable to return home due to employer does not want to pay for the air-ticket and she has no money to buy the ticket herself. MOM will step in and investigate.