View Single Post
Old 27-10-2022, 02:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by retirebatam View Post
Given that hotel 89 is a singaporean tourist popular/friendly hotel and awarded certificate of excellence by trip advisor, with in-house massage at level 3 and a decent restaurant in the hotel (see from website).
If this place is as what bro BFOMF5 says is a Singaporean tourist-populated hotel. Then it means can only go on weekdays (Mon-Thu), hehehe...

Actually i like hotels with sauna room where there are practically no one visiting, hehehe...can bonk the girls inside too.

Tried the above experience in both Formosa & Gideon hotel before. Really sweat it out. Good for detox of the my body's sweat glands.

Quote:
With all these, is worth a stay, anyway thanks for highlighting this hidden gem to me...
The most suitable for oneself is the best.

Give me one of the most beautiful cewek in Batam but my little bro cannot stand when i see her also no use, right?

Quote:
Wah good idea, NED has many places with freelancer, can explore...

Something fresh, unlike the very SOP booking joint ladies.

I believe you have got many honey there with your money
Honey needs money, something i chose not to splurge too much on, hehehe...

Quote:
But the sacrifice is that have to book through their website to enjoy hotel free shuttle service and not available if book through hotel booking company like agoda, booking.com, is it true?
Err...bro, there is another communication tools, called "email".

Quote:
Yes, you are rite, don't get disheartened when something turn out to be bad.

There is no always bad luck, good fortune will come too.

Important is stay positive thinking and naturally you will become happy, hehe

(get rid of negative thing from the mind)
Thank you, this is something which i am learning as i move on in Batam.

Quote:
Is your laptop 128gb ram equipped with intel core i9 processor and 2TB SSD for $9000 ? Must be one of the best laptop in singapore
Probably one of the highest in-built specification laptop in the market. Cos i haven't add-on external dumb-drive to builds up the ram strength yet. SSD runs at a faster speed than the regular HDD but the life span is shorter. SSD is however less fragile tho.

In-built 17.3 inch screen is more suitable for home user like me with aging-eyesight ; & with a higher specs, attaching to the much bigger TV screen lets it runs smoother too (higher specs laptop usually comes with some crazy powerful graphic card too).

A big chunk of my part time job income comes from "click click here, click click there" of my laptop, hehehe....hence i wouldn't mind investing in a more powerful piece.

Just like if you are a regular jogger, i am sure you won't mind investing in a good pair of running shoes too.

Quote:
My desktop only 4gb ram with intel core i3 processor and 1TB harddisk bought 8 years ago for $800
The laptop i carried to Batam is a i-7, 32GB ram Lenovo laptop with 16 inch screen. I bought it at S$1739.00 during the 1st year of covid from my profits selling mask to elderlies in Singapore, hehehe... comes with 3 years on-site warranty too.

I have HDMi cable in my baggage all the time when i visit Batam, so if there is a need, i will connect my lappy to the hotel's LCD TV for better viewing.

Quote:
I concur with you that money can buy happiness and sometimes health too
Agree & disagree with the above. Not all happiness can be bought, same for health too. My previous post was referring to if i can buy a certain level of stuffs/entertainment or things which can make me happy, & i can afford to, so why not spend to make myself happy, if not happier?

Everybody's level & type of "happy" is different, hehehe...some on girls, some like me on tech stuffs (but NOT on phone or phone apps tho).

At our age, we probably see many people pass on (aka passaway) before us. And my parents often tell me, 年轻时,没太多钱可以花。老年时又舍不得花。过世后就让别人帮你花咯。。translate to, young time often got not much money to spend, when old time i spend thriftily, left over so much money when i am dead time, other people will help me spend instead.

Of course, must spend wisely. Spending wisely is another long story....hehehe....and different for everyone.

I often say, there are no poor Singaporean in Batam, but cannot say the same for Singaporean in Singapore. Median income for individual in Singapore around S$4600+, mean (mid) income is S$7000+. If earn below that amount (S$4600+), considered as poor Singaporean in Singapore or not?

Above were just my own perspective on me & myself.
(please do not mix up between poverty & poor i use in this post)

Quote:
Ya same here, Batam has been a unique place for anyone who wants to escape from the stressful city life of singapore.
Hehehe...in simple words, i use lesser of my brain (big head) in Batam than in Singapore.

Quote:
Being the most important factor is the availability of cheap, good, clean and dirty massage and the great variety of batam food (like javanese, sundanese, padang, balinese, etc)
Thats where i usually spend without the need to think.

EXCEPT for the overly-inflated girl's pricing & maybe the taxi fare.

Quote:
Just that now the ferry ticket has become slightly more expensive so we can actually made less trip but longer stay each trip unless one don't mind to pay for the ferry ticket.
Thats why i find it quite surprising why you only visit Batam for 2 nights (or was it 3?) ? I notice bro nitecrawllerr only go for a night.

Ferry ticket price is crazily high to me now (comparing Horizon to Horizon via pre-covid time & today). But you & i still go, right?

Believe or not, even if ferry ticket S$100 for 2 way, you & me will still go Batam.

Quote:
Human only live once, why not enjoy to the fullest...hehe
You reminds me of bro onlyliveonce. He probably has the similar thoughts as you when he created that nick, hehehe....

Wondering of he still visits the nice fish soup stall at near Eatern Food court & wonder if there are price up for the food there?

I cannot have the answer of the question asked above cos i can't take most of the sea food there. And it takes a regular to know the price changes since that fish soup stall do not have a price tag for the food they sold & served.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info