View Single Post
Old 22-06-2022, 01:31 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 337 / Power: 3
Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!
Re: Story: A Twist of Fate

Jack is my longtime buddy since young. Same primary school and secondary school. Best friends since then. After secondary school, he went to Poly while I went to JC. After his army, he went overseas to China to pursue his dreams. That’s why he has never met Yumi eventhough he was my best buddy.

Jack has become a very famous social influencer and streamer in China. While I would think I am quite a decent looking and pleasant guy, Jack is one whom you would describe as very good-looking and charming. He has a sunshine boyish looks and a cheerful personality. That’s probably why he can be such a popular streamer now.

When Jack heard about what happened to me in China, he immediately came to look for me when I am at my lowest point in life.

“Hi you must be Yumi. Wow I didn’t know Frank has such a pretty wife. Bro, you are power man.”

“Hah, you are too kind Jack. I am already past the teens girl age. Been a long time since I heard someone say this of me.”

“Eh eh eh, stop joking around. Help me move the luggage.”

Although we have not met in years, our brotherhood have never changed. I can feel at ease with Jack and joke around with him. Other than Yumi, Jack is my soulmate and best buddy in life. And I am most grateful to Jack for extending his helping hands to us at our lowest point.

Jack has invited us to stay at his swanky condo unit at the city area of Shanghai. It is a very luxurious penthouse unit atop the skyscraper.

“Bro, you must be doing very well. How much can you make as a streamer?”

“Hah bro, you interested to join me ah? Well, around S$20K a month la”

That’s how we moved into Jack’s house. We are penniless and jobless now, so this is a most kind gesture that we can get.

That first night when we are lying on bed in Jack’s house, I hug Yumi tightly.

“Dear, don’t worry. I am alright. This is only temporary. I know you will bounce back. I have faith in you. And now you have a good buddy to help us tide over this period. I can tell Jack is a nice guy and a good friend.”

I know Yumi is consoling me. But being a man, I just cannot accept the fact that all my hard work has gone down the drain after so many years. And I cannot even give my most wonderful wife a proper home. We only get to stay in such comfort because of other people’s kindness. I feel like a total loser.

"I love you Dear. Let's sleep"

We hug each other to sleep. It has been a while since we can have such a restful night.

When I open my eyes the next morning, I cannot see Yumi beside me. I check my phone. It’s 8.20 am. Where is Yumi so early in the morning?