View Single Post
Old 18-05-2020, 06:28 PM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6541 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictionary View Post
Elaborate on the power of the uv radiation. And the shadowed by any obstacles.

Do u really know exactly how this uv radiation thing works or u just quote from a source? It's very easy for ppl to quote from reliable sources, any idiots can do it. No colorful english argument, if u insist then we no need to continue further.
Beyond your intention, you support what I said. LOL!

Exactly because I DO NOT KNOW (neither Nono can know, I guess) what is the minimum lamp power required to kill, say, 99% of viruses in 15 minutes on the walls of a room, I warned Nono to be NOT SURE that his UV lamp can keep him safe. His intentions are good, but I warned him to be not overconfident in his UV lamp.
To be more precise, this measure depends on:
- the wavelength of the UV radiation;
- the emission power from the lamp (the actual power, which further depends on the lamp nominal power and on its gain and efficiency);
- and the distance of the surface from the source, which determines the power actually received per area unit (inversely proportional to the square of distance).
There is also the problem that higher power would be more effective to sanitize, but also to cause more damage in persons irradiated.

And about shadow, it is an obvious fact that in shadow there is no UV light, and therefore no sanitizing effect (assuming there is one). We do not need to be radio engineers to elaborate about the effect of shadow on light....
Ok, in simple words: shadow = no light. Is this clear enough?

Last edited by Black Page; 18-05-2020 at 06:48 PM.