View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleyeo View Post
Electicity bill more than 1 juta is crazy, more exp than Singapore.. Here, I am paying $160 for Singapore Power (electric, water and gas).
I notice in Indonesia, petrol were subsidized for locals and i read in news before, luxury items were kind of heavily taxed. There was news before that when Indonesia government cut the amount of subsidies for petrol, end up there was some riot or protest.

My guess, the subsidies goes to locals but not foreigners. They also subsidize some non-luxury items (especially necessities) but tax more on luxury items.

High rise apartment i guess were under the category of luxury items,especially electricity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnd View Post
Local always find it stupid to buy and stay in apartment, and i happened to be one of the stupid one
If you or anyone were able to buy and stay in high-rise apartment , i dont see why that as stupid. Its more like the quality of life you seek. Imagine yourself staying in condo apartments in Singapore, its not stupid,hehehe...when the maintenance and/or electricity bill is at least 3 times higher as compared to Batam.

As mentioned above, i guess high-rise apartment/s were category under "luxury item",hence no subsidies, and even especially so for foreigners.

It all make sense then.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info