Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Pooty deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: HIV symptoms early warning signs

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my very recent experience at the DSC.

For STD testing, the cheapest (I think) clinic to get yourself tested is at the DSC in Kelantan. You will be surprised how packed the clinic is.

Getting yourself an appointment (https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/Patient-Ca...px?mobile=true) is highly recommended, I did a walk in and waited for 3-4 hours for the doctor to consult me. If the clinic is crowded, you may get turned away if you do not have an appointment. Take note that your IC is used to make appointment and the doctor will have your profile. You will be asked if you have any sexual partners etc.

The major difference with HIV testing is:
1. If you get yourself tested for HIV at the DSC, and the result is positive, they are required by law to put your details in the registry (yes, the one which was supposedly leaked) and WILL contact your spouse/partner to encourage them to test. It is not anonymous. You can opt to test for other common STDs without taking the HIV test.

2. For 100% anonymous testing, it is the AFA clinic which uses the DSC premises (https://afa.org.sg/whatwedo/support/ats/). That link will show you when the this AFA clinic is operating. No appointments possible as they do not collect your personal information. However, the volunteers there are NOT Doctors so if you want further STD testing you should still go to the DSC. For a HIV and Chlamydia test, it cost me $40. Up to 3 weeks from exposure, they have an instant test which can give you the result within 20-30mins. Any longer and you need to take a different test which takes about 2 weeks to give you the results.

I’m not a spokesperson for any medical body in SG, but if you are sexually active with multiple partners or sex workers, please get yourself tested regularly . Some STDs have no symptoms for a Long time, and the ease of transmission is damn scary.

Hope this helps and stay safe!