View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 102 / Power: 13
dulanjiao deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guydulanjiao deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Till Death Do Us Part (Chapter 4)

I sat down on the table and I can’t help notice the half opened packet of cigarette still on the table. It’s going to kill you someday… I once told him. Well, what the fuck anyway now. I pulled out a stick and as soft as it is now due to moisture, I guess I could give a damn. I lighted it with the lighter and given it a puff before I almost cough. What the fuck had he been smoking. I took another and watched the smoke rises slowly like the dance of a dragon towards the tall ceiling, something I was pretty envy of. My mind floats into all sort of thought as I reached my hand into my pocket and pulled out the letter Rachel gave me earlier.

I opened the letter and it was written by my friend as I suspected. I thought he had already told me all he needed to, take over the hotel, take care of Rachel. I wonder what else would there be for me. More insidious instructions? Slow I begin to run though the letter which was written in Traditional Chinese and here is the as best as I can translating it.

“I supposed by the time you get this letter from Rachel, you had been quite close to her indeed. I had prepared this letter just in case you had progressed to this stage. I do not blame you and in fact I was hoping you would grow close to her like I did. Rachel had been through a lot. And I mean a lot. Depending on how much you know by now. You could ask her if you like and I had prepared her in my dying bed to open up to you.

I know the request of taking over the hotel came too sudden, but I did not have time to really prepare you for this. Moreover I would rather you be the one to take it over. Do not worry about the administration, just stay a bit in Taiwan and because you will legally inherit the hotel, it will not be hard for you to get residency or citizenship. It would be something I hope to at least give you.

I need to ask you for another favor. It is about Rachel. I could not trust her to anyone else. Not her family or my family. I suspect they did not even turn up for my funeral. Am I right? I want to entrust Rachel to you. As you wife or if you are not comfortable enough, take her as your servant or something lower. I had convince her that she can trust you and put her life into your hands. Because she would be alone after this, I really hope you would accept this and keep her with you. I do not know if you are married now, which I hope not. Forgive me for my selfishness.

Do consider. I supposed you had also discovered Rachel’s need. Even if it is just for that I hope you can stay and take care of her.”