View Single Post
Old 13-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye007 View Post
...will definitely be sent back, or in lieu of that, a donation of at least $100 will have to be made to the Batam immigration lunch fund.
Just a small question out of curiosity.

If going into Batam with a less than 6 months expiry passport might have a chance to be charge S$100,then what about going back to Singapore time? I come Batam,i definitely have to go back...will that S$100 guarantee me that i wont be charged another time when i leave?

*i understand this type of question,no one would be able give me an exact definite answer (unless they work for the immigration,hehehe...),so no obligation to reply.

I asked the question beside just being curious,partly becos i was also puzzled by a case whereby a friend who was pull-over by the immigration when he was about to leave Batam on the last ferry and has to fork out some money or else he will have to continue to stay in Batam for that night. Go to the Singapore Consulate the next day at Batam Center and do up all the proper document before he is allow to leave Batam....again (the ferry ticket will also be forfeited).

* my friend end up paying becos he doesnt want to drag the whole incident on. He speaks Bahasa/Malay.

Lesson learned on his trip, make sure my passport at least more than 6 months via expiring,otherwise dont go Batam.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info