Thread: Wechat Scams
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1958 / Power: 20
poker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant futurepoker has a brilliant future
Re: Wechat Scams

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Yes, i encountered similar scams too.

Got to know this gal online and of similar industry, and mentioned she works in her uncle movie production and investment company. Currently, trying to "launch" (出品) the new movie 测谎人 and her uncle allows her to invest....blah blah blah. project return 3-5 times...

So she asked if I am keen to take up a share. and similarly with legal contract etc..

A few caveats :

- if she working in her uncle company, why would her uncle company *uncle and shareholders* allow her to join in the individual project and split the profit takings?

- All project investment would have been nailed down right from the start and not at the point before they trying to launch it.

- even if her uncle allows her to join, why would she allow you or me (outsiders) to join and share the profits? I hate to be sarcastic, but would you or anyone be so generous to even close friends/family, let alone people you have not met?

- esp in china, if they can spot a good opportunity that promise a good return, they will think of all ways to get the money in order to maximise their returns, why would they split with a stranger...

Anyway in short, when something is too good to be true, then its.....

PS : TS, bro you should edit the topic to "New Wechat KC Scams"
Omg, that was the exact same movie she asked me to advertise in. "测谎人". Said it's going to be launched in first Jan.

Yeah when I asked her why invest now, when it's about to be launched, she said it's for the marketing/advertising segment. LOL