View Single Post
Old 31-08-2018, 01:31 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 164 / Power: 7
retirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samsterretirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
This should be a good idea,hehehe...i am going to test this out in my next Batam trip.

I said test it out becos i have not understand the strength of the internet connectivity and how stable it is going to be like. And i recently just bought a M1 sim card off the shelf from a 7-11 store in Singapore. I even called the M1 customer service to check it out...so here's what they advise and according to my understanding...

Enter the M1 portal for M Card user via my PC (i almost never use a mobile apps from my mobile phone,and i dont plan to do that for this one)

Log in ,buy a data pack, go to Settings and turn off Local data, turn on Data Roaming and Network Lock and i should be able to surf in Batam.

Next thing i will do will be to have the mobile data connected to my laptop,hehehe...interesting...and thank you for sharing. Gonna run some test when i reach Batam.

Almost time i would be preparing for my next coming September trip and more importantly, preparing for my CNY 2019 trip,hehehe...

Cheers!
One thing to note is that M1 preferred network partner in indonesia is indosat OR XL Axiata. When you arrive in batam, you will probably receive a sms message from M1 on your phone with your M1 prepaid sim to advise you to connect to which indonesia telco network.

I have experienced data roaming using spore prepaid sim connected to XL network in Batam, the reception was quite good.

Last edited by retirebatam; 31-08-2018 at 01:53 AM.