View Single Post
Old 16-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1270 / Power: 22
goodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud of
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny88 View Post
How come nobody seems to be interested to answer this question??????
I've related, or rather twisted, questions with regards to marriage/divorce laws in different countries.

Scenario: Marriage between a Singaporean man and a PRC women in China's ROM, but both live in Sgp and have childrens born in Sgp.

I heard getting divorce in PRC is easier? No pun intended, but if this is true then there'll be less complications on wife/child maintenance issues, etc?

Is the PRC women covered under the Singapore's Women's Charter too?

What about the children? Since they are born in Sgp, the men need to pay child maintenance as per Sgp's Law right? Or only if they take up Sgp citizenship when they are 18/21 year old? (I'm not sure about the process of such kids getting their citizenship, sorry)

What if the PRC women gets PR or citizenship later? (After that, divorce happens)

Anyway, does this mean in general it's "better" (for the men) to get married in PRC then? What are the pros & cons?

I know "why marry if we think of divorcing?", but just in case... I mean, if given a choice to marry either in Singapore or China, why not consider carefully right?

Sorry if this is OT, I do realize this thread says "....under the SG Law".

Thanks.

Last edited by goodpartner; 16-11-2006 at 01:50 AM.