My Reputation: Points: 64 / Power: 8
runsomewear deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: BEST FOOD DISCUSSION - Palatable, Savory, Delicious Food Found In ASEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhSoonNo1 View Post
Thank you all for your support.

Continue with Cambodia food.

Barbecued Beef and Pork at Sovanna
Remember those old Looney Tunes cartoons that pictured a smell as a hand made out of smoke? And it tickled someone’s nose, pulling him toward the scent? That’s what I think the smell is doing to me every time I walk by Sovanna. Thin cuts of beef and pork hit enormous grills in front of the restaurant and arrive at your table with just the right amount of char. While you’re waiting for the meat to arrive, make your dipping sauce from the ingredients waiting on the table: squeeze fresh limes over ground pepper and salt, add sliced garlic and bird’s eye chilies. As you eat the meat, drink plenty of beer, served Cambodian style over ice. Feel content with your lot in life.

Char Kreung at K’nyay
Cambodia is a meat-loving country, but there’s a growing vegetarian scene in Phnom Pehn. At K’nyay everything is vegan, with an option of adding fish to some dishes. This rich curry, one of the most satisfying and complex I’ve eaten here, is made with tofu, long beans, cauliflower, green peppers, onions and carrots, cooked with an herb paste that includes galangal, lemongrass, turmeric, garlic and shallots, plus coconut milk and a spicy hit of red chilies.

Crispy Rice Noodle Salad with Tofu and Spring Rolls at Romdeng
Housed in a gorgeous old colonial building with a garden and a pool, Romdeng is one of the most atmospheric restaurants in Phnom Penh. Plus, you’re doing good by eating there: it’s part of the Mith Samlanh NGO, which helps former street youth by training them in vocational skills.

Nice Cambodian food, thanks!