Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 53 / Power: 9
MooingCow deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: BEST FOOD DISCUSSION - Palatable, Savory, Delicious Food Found In ASEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhSoonNo1 View Post
126 Dim Sum Wen Dao Shi (搵到食): Singapore Food Review

“Original Hong Kong road-side style Dim Sum”

126 Dim sum, or Wan Dou Sek (搵到食) in Cantonese, is a brilliant wordplay on the name as well as the street number that this dum sum restaurant is located on. If the owner wasn’t into dim sum, he/she could seriously consider a career in copywriting.

This is probably the most authentic looking Hong Kong style dim sum in Singapore, complete with a burly aunty with permed hair. Other close runner ups include Swee Choon Dim Sum and Victor’s Kitchen. The sheer genius of 126 Eating House dim sum is that it’s open 24 hrs, every single day.

Liu Sha Bao 流沙包 ($3.50). This is possibly the worst Liu Sha Bao (Golden Custard Bun) I have ever eaten. Not flowy at all, just a lump of custard that was made with corn and not even salted egg yolk. Avoid this at all costs.

Another item to avoid is the Xiao Long Bao, which I tried the last time. 126 dim sum’s version is a DRY xiao long bao with no soup inside. Bleh. The Char Siew bao and Har Gaos are pretty good though, as well as the homemade drinks, having extra touches like lemon tea with pomelo fibres.

Overall a decent, casual place to go with friends especially when hungry after midnight. I’d say Swee Choon Dim Sum is still a better choice overall, because their Liu Sha Bao is way better, but expect to pay a little bit more.

Related Guide: Best Dim Sums in Singapore History- The Ultimate Guide

Damage: $10-$16/pax
126 Dim Sum Wen Dao Shi (搵到食): 126 Sims Ave, Singapore 387449 | Facebook

Read more: http://sethlui.com/126-dim-sum-wen-d...#ixzz4RAGgkJkN
Yummy food!