View Single Post
Old 30-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intltuk View Post
Lolz....Batam was considered expensive during my time . Yes, it's definitely always on my mind to visit Batam one day....just tat I'm not a lone ranger.....prefer to go with like minded group.
Yes,yes...you should jio some of your ex.cheonging mate,just to step out for drink. What i do today is mainly to clear my Annual work leave and to get my company to pay for part of cheonging trip at Batam. My reason i gave to my company is i am on business trip...lol...but you all know this is just my EXCUSE,i am just chopping my company carrot,hehehe....thats exactly why my Batam Hotel room is also like my office workstation and 24 hour contactable via my work email. So i am working and playing at the same time...lol.

Quote:
Kaki was using S'pore tipping guide ......he paiseh to give $2....so we just `educate' him.
Sillypore and Indonesia has different social culture.I find out more,learn from it and there,you see a stingy me (in sillypore term,but generous in indo term)...lol. The girls in Batam will sometime ask me,"You 1st time to Batam?",my answer is always..."Yes" (even when i am not). The girl tells me,how come i tip only 50k (to 100k)? I told her my friend very experience in Batam tells me tipping only 50k is very very a lot already,thats why i come to Batam...lol. And by the end our conversation,even when she receive 100k or 150k,she was so so so very happy about it.(i also dont know why..lol)

Tipping and bargaining is slowly becoming like an Art to me,hehehe...tip less also can make people feel happy and remembers me (tested and proven). I feel like i am like a cook and my skills in cooking is becoming more consistent over time.

Quote:
During those times, Batam was developing and Tanjung Pinang almost unknown, thus, only those in the know...ie, Malaysians and S'poreans visit...and even then....not many. Thus, almost no farangs. Economics of Indonesia tat time and today different...thus, at that time, more girls in the trade, thus, supply much greater than demand. U could say it's heaven to chiongsters in the know as they hve a wide choice.
Interesting...how i wish i was there during those peak time of Tanjong Pinang/Batam. Today's Batam is overwhelm with Malaysian and Sillyporean which likely makes up about 90% of the their tourist. Reminds me of Shenzhen and HK...lol.

Quote:
Just to share a little nugget of information. The women staying in the villages and working in Pubs have a quota. If they don't meet their mthly quota, they've to pay for food and lodgings. Thus, the girls will definitely be`fighting' for u.
That does sound familiar,i think there is only one overnight joint i know who is practising this quota thingy (or something similar). Its none other than Gold Bird,which some calls it Sedona. That place has many girls,and most of them are very very competitive among themselves. The more prettier ones will still look at faces of customers to choose them,if they dont like,they wont be bother to compete...lol.

Quote:
Yes, Indonesia inflation rate was in two digits for a period of time.....but Batam and Tanjung Pinang use S'pore dollar as their benchmark...thus, we always pay equivalent Sing dollars, regardless of fluctuation of rp.
In Batam,1 of the thing that put me off is when they use S$ in their menu. It never fail to leaves me a bad impression. If i see S$ in any menu,i see the place as a butcher's den.

Example,i stayed in Goodway Hotel and Gideon Hotel. Tho Gideon Hotel is more expensive than Goodway in terms of food menu,i still prefer Gideon than Goodway becos Goodway uses S$ in their food menu. Its the "intention" i guess that counts for me.

Quote:
Interesting...u must tell me ur story one day.
Nothing much to share cos i wasnt even cheonging when i was in Jakarta. Most of my money always ends up with the beggars in the street. Indonesia was the 1st country i visit in my life,it has left a very strong and good impression in me and i am glad i can visit part of this country today.

Who knows,i might one day retire in Batam if i am able to afford it.

Quote:
U've gone out of ur way to summarize/gather info from various bros and I say kudos to u for the additional effort.
Thank you.

1. Initially,i started off with writing a summary becos i didnt know how a FR works. And i am not used to the FR format. I read this thread a few times and finally choose to write my trips down as a Summary mainly for me and myself only. You see,unlike summary..if i were to write FR,i am obliged to answer for that FR whether things are good or no good since it is being posted in public. But what i wrote is a Summary and my main target reader is ME.I wrote it for myself to cross reference for my future Batam trips. Even tho it is posted in the open public but as it is named a Summary starting from stepping into Harbour Front and until i leave Batam so psychologically i am not obliged to answer to the right and wrong i did in my "summary" where i am suppose to be my only audience. (hope notice there are rarely erotic story in my summary but mainly details on places?)

2. Gradually i realise some bros in here likes it and it also helps newbies navigate Batam better and that is where i use the same summary platform together with the Balai walkthrough guide written by another senior bros which i happen to chance upon and then modify the 2 platforms to become like a RPG walk thru guide for beginners.

3. Overtime after reading the whole Thread,i realise this thread has tons of information regarding cheonging in Batam but they were all very scattered and very difficult to navigate even with the Thread Search button. So i start bookmarking them bit by bit as i read the thread,i begin to collect the MOST Frequently Asked Questions and the MOST Frequently Answered Answers. My signature link is born,hehehe...

4. The Cheonging List being the toughest portion,as some parts were really outdated,so i picked up the latest copy from this thread and start following the trail in it little by little,pin pointing its exact location and start venturing those on the list to verify its existence in Batam. Not forgetting to try EVERY joints on the List is not humanly possible as heaven only give me 1 dick and every human has a different sole interest when it comes to cheonging in Batam,eg.some prefer night life,disco,some prefer KTV,some prefer overnight booking etc etc. Thanks to the help of ALL who cheong Batam as when they share them here from the past till present,the list gets to be updated once a month as i collect those data in this thread when i follow on,hehehe...of course i do make some mistakes along the way and the good bros here will correct me. This is an ongoing task that wont end until i decide to leave this forum.

5. People tends to ask,i went out of my way to do all these things (the fact is i didnt) and what do i gain? Surely i will gain something,otherwise why would i put my time and effort into it. I think some people would like to know how "MUCH" monetary gain i get,hehehe...but i bet they wont believe what i am going to tell them now unless they are a believer of Information is Money. I have also shared this before in my other posts in this thread.When information collide with information,more informations will grow.When new information grows,i collect them and i simply use this known information to make money in real life,eg info on DC Mall,Lucky Plaza etc. In real life,my full time job requires me to interact with many foreigners who resides in Sillypore,they need my help,i help them and they pay for my help very cheaply (in Sillypore term) from the things i bought in Batam with the help of the information that are shared here. So that makes my trips to Batam cheaper and cheaper over time as i venture further.If i only venture to booking joints like in the past when i 1st started,my Batam trip already considered FREE,but i want to go booking joint plus massage joint nowaday and i dont want to pay so much.

(in other word,i am doing what i like to do and yet allowing what i like to do to pay for what i like to do...lol)

*example of a stingy man at play*

Quote:
Yes, avoid those activities that can get u in real trouble, eg, going to places where drugs are being used....when police raid...they take all in......but if caught...got way out.....money `talks' over there.
Indonesia just execute 8 person over drugs issue a day or 2 ago. Couple of months ago in 2015,a few was executed too.

i know dealing with drugs will result in death penalty in Indonesia.

It has already been widely known in Batam a person can be framed for this drug thingy under certain circumstances. So it is not just that i shouldnt have touch drugs,i need to avoid the "circumstances" that i can be framed for it too. (eg. discotheque,wechat,pubs etc)

Hehehe...while money do talks, i still prefer to use my money to create enjoyment for myself rather then using it to put myself at risk of allowing it to keep talking without my enjoyment.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Last edited by nono1973; 30-04-2015 at 07:14 PM.