PDA

View Full Version : K81 membership tactics

bluedot
03-10-2008, 01:19 AM
many bros like me only wanted a short stinct without leaving as trace.

went to Kovan today, first time there. paid and was told to wait for 15 miins. While waiting for a room I realized the counter gave me $20 change out of $50. I asked why and one guy said it was for $10 membership and he quickly added that he asked me and I said yes, and the other counter guy said he heard me said yes too. They said they can't change it since it is keyed into the system. They said no flyers will be sent, only for special over-nite rates. I think they used this very often as they covered commonly asked questions. My concern is will they send mailers to your address? any bro has experience? Should I go back and cancel the membership? I'm very sure i'll never agree to such membership cause why create such risk? So, bros beware of such tactics from K81 and checked your change carefully before leaving the counter.

fathead
03-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Bro, not too sure about k81 but i got my membership sometime back from another outlet. so far, they kept their word and do not send any mailers to my address. plus point is no need to put deposit in future.

Fun Guy
03-10-2008, 01:32 AM
No worries for that bro.

kraze84
03-10-2008, 01:37 AM
First timer use H81 will need to register as membership,u must be real lucky if u been using h81 for so long without register as a member.
The membership is for life and for all H81 outlet in sg , if any other H81 ask u pay again tell him where u register example H81(kovan,violet, etc) register twice = u got chopped ^^

bluedot
03-10-2008, 01:50 AM
i always pay deposit and reject the membership offer in other outlets.

very upset abt how the staff "force" customer to sign up, and causing anxiety till now (almost 2am) also can't sleep.

tks for all advice.

adamking80
03-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Chill bro. Paid my due years ago. They won't send anything to your place. Well, at least they didn't send any to my place! :)

crazydick88
03-10-2008, 03:04 AM
bro, my i heard fr my friend that membership will be shared by the staff or self earn and not given to company thats y they normally tiam tiam untill u ask them abt the $10 fees..

michaelrocksam
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
bro, my i heard fr my friend that membership will be shared by the staff or self earn and not given to company thats y they normally tiam tiam untill u ask them abt the $10 fees..

bro,

doubt so, cos H81 is ISO certified and money collected is subject to audit checks. If staff take money tiam tiam, every staff will do that and this is corrupt practice. The dage bosses will not allow that.

dun go H81 and say that, will get yourself into trouble. 井水不犯芽笼水

SinDellman
03-10-2008, 09:23 AM
i doubt .... the owners for all these chain-motels have engaged security pros to set up the system with lots of cam-monitoring activities .... knn, they even countercheck my address and postal code to confirm, and they even address my surname when they see you again after a few visits :(
now, it's like my weekend resort .....

Nuglut
03-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear you got strong-armed into accepting a membership bro...but curious what the membership benefits are?

Priority for rooms? Lower rates? Other amenities thrown in?

Anybody care to elaborate.

Thx.

spidersim_78
03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
it cheaper for member to stay over night $10 cheaper in past now i dun know

jenny2fyou
03-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Sometime you will get full mirror room when there are available without paying extra. Some branch will give u higher floor to prevent spot check by ICA.

bakaroo
03-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I browsed through Hotel81 website and did not find anything about it's membership. Also, maybe there is not much information on transit. Correct me if I am wrong, I understand that there is no membership card to validate or receipt to proof money paid. I believe their system is able to track your last visit. Similarly, the other rival also has a system too to track your last visit. IMHO If their rival don't required membership, therefore, membership or not it is quite redundant. Unless, existing members can share some of the benefits or privileges they have enjoyed.

I believe ISO 9001 certification is a Quality Management System that does not intervene into the accounting practices. Even audit will not detect any anomaly when there is no traceability (no membership card or receipt issued).

Anyway, for me if I am in doubt, I just go to the next alternative. :)

tomcat007
03-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Actually, they used to have a sort of membership card one. I remember I started using them 10 years ago and the "benefits" of membership is that you don't have to produce IC and faster check-in lor. The membership card they provide is just a white colour plastic card with calender on one side and important phone numbers (eg. 995, 999, taxi booking etc) on the other.

Nowadays, I just give them $20 bucks only when checking in. Once they see it, they will know that you're not first time one and won't take additional $10 from you.

wat2woopee
03-10-2008, 02:37 PM
There's NO SUCH THING as a H81 Membership fee
The counter staff over at K81 is ripping off the newbies

frankykhoo1269
03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
many bros like me only wanted a short stinct without leaving as trace.

went to Kovan today, first time there. paid and was told to wait for 15 miins. While waiting for a room I realized the counter gave me $20 change out of $50. I asked why and one guy said it was for $10 membership and he quickly added that he asked me and I said yes, and the other counter guy said he heard me said yes too. .

My great director.... ang la.... I also kena $10 membership >10yrs ago.. Used to give me a card but now they convert it to the computer system. For info, H81 also never send me any promotional flyer ... maybe in future ST 10times and get 1 ST free thingy...:D

Nowaday, once you check in with your IC nos and the system will have your record. Remember you just sign in on a piece of slip without having to fill in particulars? You think what... the system has it liao. If they want to send or AV want to check, just print out and BINGO ... that it.

For PI and if they have the connection, can also pay the staff to print out the client list. There is no way you can hide if you have patronise in any of the hotel in Spore. You think how they solve the case easily..

Btw I have gave you the actress... when is your new show releasing??

Franky
Yahoo! Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/frankykhoo/)

excloc
03-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Dear bros

I have been to H81 chain for quite a few times and never heard of this membership thingy?? i believe it is the staff that is trying to pocket some money.

maybe demand to talk to the manager if it happens again.

andrew101
03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Dear bros

I have been to H81 chain for quite a few times and never heard of this membership thingy?? i believe it is the staff that is trying to pocket some money.

maybe demand to talk to the manager if it happens again.

U r right. No what special membership card. IC is your member card. And the registration fee is FOC. I got it last year. This was what the staff told me. Any 81 hotels u went. They just scan yr IC and they will know u are new or old customers.

powertool69
03-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Many years ago, oredi kena "sign up". So far, no brochure/flyer send to my house.

Anyway, AiYa..... what's $10.00? If its for the convenience..... why not whether member or not member, I don't mind. In fact, its quite hassle-free....:D

Just my humble input & feedback.;)

bluedot
03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Bro FK, your actresses coming fast and fiery. Little director needs to rest, can only handle one/week.

My great director.... ang la.... I also kena $10 membership >10yrs ago.. Used to give me a card but now they convert it to the computer system. For info, H81 also never send me any promotional flyer ... maybe in future ST 10times and get 1 ST free thingy...:D

Nowaday, once you check in with your IC nos and the system will have your record. Remember you just sign in on a piece of slip without having to fill in particulars? You think what... the system has it liao. If they want to send or AV want to check, just print out and BINGO ... that it.

For PI and if they have the connection, can also pay the staff to print out the client list. There is no way you can hide if you have patronise in any of the hotel in Spore. You think how they solve the case easily..

Btw I have gave you the actress... when is your new show releasing??

Franky
Yahoo! Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/frankykhoo/)

frankykhoo1269
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Bro FK, your actresses coming fast and fiery. Little director needs to rest, can only handle one/week.

Haa haa... last Wed to Moday 8.5 bonks within 6 weeks. Me also need to rest now ... hopefully no FL calls... keekee :D

Show Stopper
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
The $10 membership fee is definitely a one-off thingy coz i always like to give $50 note for the $30 change whenever i visit any of the H81 branches. I frequent K81 the most and so far the recep did not short change me. :cool:

BikeFever
03-10-2008, 09:14 PM
i think some k81 charge differently.... sometimes i was charged 30, sometimes 20....

i think i was charged 30 at the bencoolen branch....

i thought its because of different location. i have also paid 10 for my membership sometime ago.....

how much are the rates for Kovan? 20 or 30? i will be going there tomorrow. if they charge me 30 and say 10 is for membership i will screw them....

sequence79
03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
maybe one problem to worry is if you have relatives or friends working in H81, they will be able to check your details from the system

Show Stopper
04-10-2008, 12:01 AM
i think some k81 charge differently.... sometimes i was charged 30, sometimes 20....

i think i was charged 30 at the bencoolen branch....

i thought its because of different location. i have also paid 10 for my membership sometime ago.....

how much are the rates for Kovan? 20 or 30? i will be going there tomorrow. if they charge me 30 and say 10 is for membership i will screw them....

If i'm not wrong, only H81 at Bencoolen & Chinatown is charging 30 due to their location. K81 definitely 20.

echorny
04-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Ya. I oso kana the $10 last month when engaging XM. Recep confirmed one time and next time will be $20 for 2 hours le. I even asked XM and she oso verified and know abt it. Hee hee even the WLs oso know...

Peter
04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
hi TS, don't worry about it, me about 2 years membership liao, so far to mailers /flyers of any kinds to me.
Pretty safe, and worry-free.
Happy Bonking!

gentingfw
04-10-2008, 06:22 PM

right,bro.
i used to work in h81 8 yrs back.
the membership thing is as what most said. money ($7) goes to staffs.
only good thing is, it save your time from filling in occupation, blah blah. that was then. and of cse the deposit.

now its just ic will do. so those not interested, just tell the staff NO.

melon8888
04-10-2008, 10:46 PM
i become a member without knowing it until one recpt at H81 joo chiat told me. maybe regular customer will get free membership:D

echorny
05-10-2008, 12:50 AM
right,bro.
only good thing is, it save your time from filling in occupation, blah blah. that was then. and of cse the deposit.

Wat the....dirty tactics...take note all bros who is still not mbr.....IT IS OPTIONAL....the recep made it as if it was a compulsory thing and we stupid stupid follow along lor bcos at that time the only head thinking was that head ma. knn. if i know i oso dun wan to be mbr.:mad:

jenny2fyou
05-10-2008, 01:56 AM
right,bro.

Cannot lah, I was at K81 3 days ago, my first time there. Paid $50 and only get back $20. $10 was a must if u wan to book a room the first time. No question ask. But next door F did not ask for it. I think I will go Hotel F instead.

lee26
05-10-2008, 02:27 AM
if u already paid for it...y bother?
there is such a card prev..
once i saw dis 17yr old minah at tt time having a h81 card inside her wallet..when she left her wallet behind by mistake..tt's how i noe..she can....haha
the onli prob with k81 is they juz key in without asking.whereas other outlets will ask first.
unless u wanna complain n get the money back from mgmt..i believe that the membership has its privileges.
n u go to hotel F..how u noe the staff wont do such a stunt on u?
cheers

style.whist
05-10-2008, 02:36 AM
last week I went to bencoolen 81 and being a member as usual I just gave my IC to the counter staff (some shady looking guy) and after taking what seemed like an eternity to check, he came back saying I wasn't a member.

I was like wtf I had checked into numerous h81s elsewhere, never before bencoolen, but gl, jc, chinatown, lavender etc and I was always checked in as a member and with no deposit.

Anyway he said that the rate was not $30, but it should be $40. $30 was members' rate and $40 non-members' rate. I told him that I had signed up for member and always checked in without having to pay deposit and at member's rate.

He told me that according to the system I never checked in to H81! I told him that's rubbish and I just checked in 2 days ago. I also told him, if I am not member, how come you are not collecting a $20 deposit from me and then chargiing me $30 (the usual practice) but instead asking me to pay $10 more upfront ($40) without deposit ?

he didn't answer that. instead he said he would charge me $30 but I must put a deposit. I think he just didn't want me to have my way ... anything but my way. I said ok and handed him $50.

Really shady this Bencoolen H81 ...

hichew
12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I went to K81 last month.. asking for the price and been told that 1hr is $20 and 2hrs is $30. They never mentioned anything about membership to me..

I knew they keyed my particulars inside the system but unsure did I attain that membership.. maybe the next bonk will check with them for the price again.

Instead of why membership this and that.. why not start a new thread and post the location, price and duration. This is to prevent future mislead.

sytbalckdevil
12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Kovan 81 is one of one fav hideour since it's new and room concept seems slightly different from other 81 hotels.

My understanding is that is you go on weekdays, the charges is $20 per/2 hrs

Last night (sun morning 2am) I went there, they charged me $30/2hr
Can anyone verify if this is correct? :rolleyes:

kukumalu
12-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Could be $30 2 hrs now since K81 business is damn good. I mean, if you want to bonk then have to pay that $10 extra or else where can u go if not driving?! Fragrance will follow the rates also loh. :(

whitegals
12-10-2008, 11:30 PM
They charge you $30 then quietly keep the $10 also you boh bian mah, they know they have you by the balls. Because you would rather pay the extra $10 than to try elsewhere when you have a gal waiting in the car.

Forget it lah bros, take it as tip for the boring job that the recept has to do lah, whole night people book in/book out for f**king and nobody ask her whether she wants to or not. Or if it's a guy, he can only see and cannot touch / take part, I also du lan... :p

suckerll
12-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Could be $30 2 hrs now since K81 business is damn good. I mean, if you want to bonk then have to pay that $10 extra or else where can u go if not driving?! stay at home on a sunday nite n pcc? :p:D

murali
12-10-2008, 11:57 PM
They charge you $30 then quietly keep the $10 also you boh bian mah, they know they have you by the balls. Because you would rather pay the extra $10 than to try elsewhere when you have a gal waiting in the car.

Forget it lah bros, take it as tip for the boring job that the recept has to do lah, whole night people book in/book out for f**king and nobody ask her whether she wants to or not. Or if it's a guy, he can only see and cannot touch / take part, I also du lan...aiyah, not tis way to tip leh, wif so many horny bros booking in n out on a sunday nite u will b shocked @ e amt of 'tips' that they are collecting u know :eek:

that's why i avoid sunday nites as far as possible :mad:

kukumalu
13-10-2008, 06:06 AM
stay at home on a sunday nite n pcc? :p:D

Vitamin M seriously LOWWWW.....:D

sleaguepunter
13-10-2008, 10:30 AM
i had my H81 membership donkey years ago when they still using the membership card. I dun remember paying for it. So i think the $10 membership is bullshit, just the staff trying to pull a fast one.

What i normally do now is just hand over $20 and I/C to recep and sign for the key. like that the recep will understand u are a old bird and not a new bird that can be pluck.:rolleyes:

andrew101
13-10-2008, 12:07 PM
i had my H81 membership donkey years ago when they still using the membership card. I dun remember paying for it. So i think the $10 membership is bullshit, just the staff trying to pull a fast one.

What i normally do now is just hand over $20 and I/C to recep and sign for the key. like that the recep will understand u are a old bird and not a new bird that can be pluck.:rolleyes:

Somtime they do ask you....Member or Non-member. I just told them member and pay them $20.

SinDellman
13-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Brothers .... we must all unite... make noise if they asked for $30.

these people are now trying to increase the rate from $20 to $30 ...

Just hand in $20 and not accept anything more ..... yesterday went to try a Fragrance(first time with them) and that Indian guy said $30 after he asked me whether my first time there .... then later i asked my friend and he said he paid $20! ....

Existentialism
13-10-2008, 01:57 PM
They charge you $30 then quietly keep the $10 also you boh bian mah, they know they have you by the balls.

Forget it lah bros, take it as tip for the boring job that the recept has to do lah, whole night people book in/book out for f**king and nobody ask her whether she wants to or not. Or if it's a guy, he can only see and cannot touch / take part, I also du lan.

No bro, we can't just give in to these cheaters.:eek: I won't! I believe in my rights.

These hotel tricksters can get into really deep shit if the are found out, and well they should! They are not just taking advantage of us but severely breaching employment contract.

I was never a victim. I've been there twice and was charged the normal rate of $20 for 2 hours. I don't know what I would have done if they tired to pull a fast one asking for $30. But one thing I know, I will not take i lying down (haha pun intended:cool:).

If a hotel staff says it is $30, I would first ask that fellow to re-confirm it. Then I would ask him his full name. Afterwhich I would make it clearly known that I will immediately call the Head Office to verify this and quote that staff's name. Let's see how that person handles this.

Don't let them get away with this bros. When there are enough people compaining, and trust me, the management will have to step in and quell the problem. And sack those cheaters in no time.

Thanks for reading.

whitegals
14-10-2008, 12:06 AM
I know we shouldn't be giving out freebies liddat, but say if the f**ker die die want to collect $30 and you have a gal waiting in the car, what can you do? Want to complain also must pay first then complain mah. At the most pay by card, get a receipt then bring up to the management lor... :(

sytbalckdevil
14-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Kovan 81 is one of one fav hideour since it's new and room concept seems slightly different from other 81 hotels.

My understanding is that is you go on weekdays, the charges is $20 per/2 hrs

Last night (sun morning 2am) I went there, they charged me $30/2hr
Can anyone verify if this is correct?

Someone zapped me for my this posting :mad:

Please kindly leave your nick so that I can up you in future, no balls to you!!

asslover8899
14-10-2008, 12:56 AM
I was there this afternoon, they did asked me whether I wan $30 or $20 for 2 hrs, I asked them what's different, he said it is bcos on higher floor is $30 and lower one is $20. So I take the lower floor (Happened to be on the ground floor), shit.

whitegals
14-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I just went this evening to the one at Joo Chiat, also the same rate leh, $20 for a room on the 3rd flr. But the attitude sucks. Ask for TV remote also show black face.

One thing I noticed nowadays the staff at 81 got attitude problem, especially if it is guys behind the counter. I went on Saturday afternoon to K81, went up to the counter and asked for a room. He didn't even ask me if I wanted it short time or overnight, just replied curtly, "2 hour wait lah, if not happy can dun wait"

CCB :mad: like i fcuking owe him. Went next door to Fragrance, got a room within 5 mins.

gentingfw
15-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I just went this evening to the one at Joo Chiat, also the same rate leh, $20 for a room on the 3rd flr. But the attitude sucks. Ask for TV remote also show black face.

One thing I noticed nowadays the staff at 81 got attitude problem, especially if it is guys behind the counter. I went on Saturday afternoon to K81, went up to the counter and asked for a room. He didn't even ask me if I wanted it short time or overnight, just replied curtly, "2 hour wait lah, if not happy can dun wait"

CCB :mad: like i fcuking owe him. Went next door to Fragrance, got a room within 5 mins.

1. sometimes $20, some $30,

2. counter staffs damn attitude...

ya. this is the problem the boss dont know. expand too fast, money come in too fast. boss won't care about the service quality lor.

hope got solution soon. if not i forever stuck in geylang hotel as h81 sucks (where got pay money to get black face hurling)

Guy_Smiley
15-10-2008, 09:24 PM
wah lao. imagine urself working at H81, everyday see so many bros come in n do FJ. U also sian lah. Anyway, we go H81 is to have fun shiok shiok. Dun let the front counter boys spoil ur mood. Think about how u gonna whack the pussy later. :D

bongbibi
15-10-2008, 10:37 PM
huh? wtf?

i went Kovan few days ago, second time using 81,
he said first time there $30, in future it will be $20.

:confused:

Never even tell me got membership...
But at least that guy friendly and joke with me...

He even gave me a room immediately despite the queue...

Ben225111
31-10-2008, 10:33 AM

Bro dun angry la.... can go to the 81 at joo chiat opp joo chiat plaza.... i regular there...bringing FB, ONS n FL there..... staff friendly and attitude very gd also......

bepo
09-11-2008, 03:01 PM
hm.. i guess the prob the front desk ppl dare to do all these is cos.. they know for those who go for short term stay... normally they are doing it on the sly.. and wun come forward to complain to the higher mgt... cos in case of follow up investigation of the complains, ani bros with CO will get into trouble.
so only choice is to jus pay up n hope dun get conned

alvnchng
09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Was charge $30 at HOTEL 81 - ELEGANCE & FUJI but $20 at Kovan. Elegance was the first time so I think it must be $10 for the membership, subsequently went to kovan and paid $20. And then one late night was charge $30 at fuji.

POSEIDON
09-11-2008, 05:08 PM
why use K81. directly i say kovan 81 the staff very attitude especially the ah lian. the staff there really cannot make it. i get con for the $10 from kovan. i also never say want to join membership they straight away ask for $30.

they like that dont care about us leh. now if i go with oc or gf i also don't dare to go there anymore as they will know i got member and don't need to pay deposit.

becareful bro. nowdays woman also surf sammboy to understand our activity

lancerglx
13-01-2009, 10:34 PM
This post reminds me of an incident that happened few weeks ago on 30th Dec...me and another bro had picked up 1 gal each frm Ipanema orchard towers...we head to 81 bencoolan...the counter lady quote me $40 and $30 saying my fren was a member?? But it dawned upon me how come even non-member kenna charged $40?? :eek:

As i was abit high that nite didn't think too much of it...just wanted to bonk...somemore my fren was member charged $30?? Is this the standard transit rate or both of us sotongs kenna cheated?? :(

Existentialism
13-01-2009, 10:50 PM
As i was abit high that nite didn't think too much of it...just wanted to bonk...somemore my fren was member charged $30?? Is this the standard transit rate or both of us sotongs kenna cheated?? :(

It's correct I'm afraid bro. You didn't get cheated. Bencoolen81 charges $30 for 2 hours. :p

However, the others I've gone to ie Bugis, Lavender area, Changi, Kovan, Baleistier, and Geylang area (here also got 1 hour $10 transit) all charge $20 for 2 hours.

Take note that on Eve of Public Holiday and Public Holiday, there's usually an extra $10 surcharge.:(

Thanks for reading:)

maddog_mlvn
13-01-2009, 11:13 PM
And Changi 81 had raised to $30 for 2 hrs since 01/01/2009, was told by the staff. Maybe C81 biz too good.

Booker
13-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I think it was mentioned before that certain H81 chains charged $30 for 2 hr transit. So indeed there is difference in price among the chain of H81.

Perhaps can compile a list of $30 H81 and $20 H81.

For a start, I know the one at Chinatown is $30, the others I go all $20.

:D

Existentialism
14-01-2009, 01:03 AM
And Changi 81 had raised to $30 for 2 hrs since 01/01/2009, was told by the staff. Maybe C81 biz too good.

Really? :(

For a start, I know the one at Chinatown is $30, the others I go all $20.

That's right bro. Forgot about Chinatown81. But at Keong Siak, it's $20.:D

shoulder
14-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Forgot about Chinatown81. But at Keong Siak, it's $20.:D

U are right Chinatown is $30, Lavendar, violet, sakura, joochiat all $20. The only other time that I get charge $30 was holiday eve. I thot only taxi got holiday eve surcharge. Transit hotel also got:confused:....I wonder when they will sqeeuze in a disel surcharge.... everything up only our pay never go up..:mad:

Oceanlee
14-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Confirm Chinatown81 rate $30 for 2hrs
Confirm Changi81 rate $30 for 2hrs ... additional 1 hrs @ $15/- ;)
(Changi is only recently up their charges.) Counters said BOSS instruction.

Others on the list ... so far no changes. :D

Hope this will help.

neuro33
14-01-2009, 12:52 PM
going boycott K81 liao..

peach boy
14-01-2009, 01:08 PM
bro any other hotel to recommend?got bathtub best haha:p , i oso kana $30 at lav h81 for 2hr .:confused:

Existentialism
14-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Lavendar, violet, sakura, joochiat all $20. The only other time that I get charge $30 was holiday eve

Eve of PH and PH will ALWAYS charge extra. This is a long time practice of Hotel81. :(

But one question bro, is Joo Chiat still offering transit rates? Thought the news said will stop.

Confirm Changi81 rate $30 for 2hrs ... additional 1 hrs @ $15/-
(Changi is only recently up their charges.) Counters said BOSS instruction.

Changi81 confirm $30 for 2 hours + additonal $15 per hour??!!:eek: This is too much. Will NEVER go there again!:rolleyes:

i oso kana $30 at lav h81 for 2hr

If $30 at Lav 81, must be one of two reasons... you first time at 81 so charge you non-member rate, or it was Eve of PH or PH:cool:

Thanks for reading

peach boy
14-01-2009, 01:26 PM
yes i 1st time go lav h81 but got go to other h81 before ,they no link ??? so got other gd n romantic hotel to recommend:D

lancerglx
14-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Thx Existentialism and bros for the info! $40 for 2 hrs :(
Does this mean subsequent visits i'm considered member liao?

Seems like H81 service wise not so good...heard Fragrance joints not bad...wat u bros think? :)

hoho99
15-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Guys one point to note when booking when getting a room wif K81 is to remember when you pay the extra $10 for membership. Yesterday went there, they quote me $30 again. Told me could not find my membership there. Luckily i rem when is my first time and they manage to find it. Seems like their computer system cannot make it leh.

Existentialism
15-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Guys one point to note when booking when getting a room wif K81 is to remember when you pay the extra $10 for membership. Yesterday went there, they quote me $30 again. Told me could not find my membership there. Luckily i rem when is my first time and they manage to find it. Seems like their computer system cannot make it leh.

Something is really disturbing about your encounter bro. Sorry to hear about it. This should be the right way....

I myself first registered at Lavender81 with a $10 membership fee. That was 3/4 years ago in 2005! Since then, I've been to just about every single 81s north south east west of Singapore, hundreds of times, and not once after scanning my IC did they ask me about my membership status.

The $10 is a one-time membership fee to the Hotel81 chain. That means ALL the Hotel81s in Singapore! :cool:

And how can they "misplace" your registration, then manage to find it again? If it's in the computer system, it's in there. How can it be there one minute, then not there the next minute, then it's there again...:confused:

PS. Frankly guys, when I'm at Kovan I usually check into Frangrance. I find the staff at K81 downright rude.:mad:

Choong88
15-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I was told that the membership means that your IC information is in the computer so you don't have to fill out all the details again in the Blue signing in card. All I do is pay the $20 for the room and sign the card and get the key.

checkitoutboy
15-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I have actually paid the membership at the geylang81 long time ago and when i frequent k81 they only charge me $20.

But recently when i check in to chinatown81, the charge me $30 and said the rate there has increase:confused:

I think they should have a standard.

If you are afraid of them tracking yr stay then just go to fragrant which is less hassle.

s@ms@m
15-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Bro dun angry la.... can go to the 81 at joo chiat opp joo chiat plaza.... i regular there...bringing FB, ONS n FL there..... staff friendly and attitude very gd also......

Juz OT abit I was there & saw there is this sign showing customers that no hourly rate. Is it there for show or juz implimented recently?

Existentialism
15-01-2009, 09:29 PM
But recently when i check in to chinatown81, the charge me $30 and said the rate there has increase.

I think they should have a standard

Cannot be just increase bro:confused: Chinatown81 have been charging $30/2 hours for a number of years already.

Any I'll post as complete a list of Hotel81 locations and rates as I can remember....;)

Existentialism
15-01-2009, 09:40 PM
This is as complete a list as I can remember. This list will only include transit rates. Please bros, help to update or revise my list if there are mistakes. :p

Maybe also include special “added attractions”, like mirrors, Jacuzzi, DVD player, etc if applicable. Thanks.:D

TOWN OUTLETS
• HOTEL 81 – BENCOOLEN 41 Bencoolen Street $30/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – BUGIS 31 Middle Road $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – ROCHOR 5 Jalan Besar $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – SELEGIE 161 Selegie Road $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour

GEYLANG OUTLETS
• HOTEL 81 – ORCHID Lorong 8 HAVEN’T BEEN
• HOTEL 81 – HOLLYWOOD Lorong 8 HAVEN’T BEEN
• HOTEL81 ?? Lorong 11 $10/hour, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – PRINCESS Lorong 12 $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – CHERRY Lorong 12 $10/hour, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – SPRING Lorong 15 $10/hour, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – GEYLANG Lorong 16 $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – PALACE Lorong 16 $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – STAR Lorong 18 $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – GOLD Lorong 20 min $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – LUCKY Lorong 20 $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour

LAVENDAR OUTLETS
• HOTEL 81 – LAVENDER 85 Lavender Street $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – VIOLET 97 Lavender Street $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – ELEGANCE 30 Foch Road $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour

CHINATOWN OUTLETS
• HOTEL 81 – CHINATOWN 181 New Bridge Road $30/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – COSY 8 Jiak Chuan Road (off Keong Siak Road) $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour

JOO CHIAT OUTLETS
What’s the latest on Joo Chiat hotels guys? Still got transit rates?
• HOTEL 81 – CLASSIC 12 Joo Chiat Road
• HOTEL 81 - JOO CHIAT 305 Joo Chiat Road
• HOTEL 81 – OPERA 238 Joo Chiat Road
• HOTEL 81 – SAKURA 181 Joo Chiat Road
• HOTEL 81 – TRISTAR 1 Onan Road

BALESTIER OUTLETS
• HOTEL 81 – FUJI 269 Balestier Road $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – BALESTIER 226 Balestier Road $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour

OTHER OUTLETS
• HOTEL 81 – KOVAN 768 Upper Serangoon Road $20/2hours, thereafter $10/hour
• HOTEL 81 – CHANGI 428 Changi Road $30/2hours, thereafter $15/hour
• HOTEL 81 – DICKSON 3 Dickson Road HAVEN’T BEEN

NEW HOTEL81 OUTLETS??
I’m not too sure about these. Any info bros?
• HOTEL81 VIVO??
• HOTEL81 at Jalan Sultan?

Hope this helps

starmexboy
16-01-2009, 08:31 AM
JOO CHIAT OUTLETS
What’s the latest on Joo Chiat hotels guys? Still got transit rates?

• HOTEL 81 – TRISTAR 1 Onan Road

• HOTEL 81 – DICKSON 3 Dickson Road HAVEN’T BEEN

Hope this helps

hotel tristar is the most expensive and the largest room that they have.
their minimum rates is $30/2hrs.
I knn $50/2hrs also once. Went there 1 time and left only the super big rooms. so boh bian took that.

As for dickson, the basement and non-bath tub is $20/2hrs
those bigger room with bathtub is $30/2hrs

sequence79
19-01-2009, 01:39 AM
hotel tristar is the most expensive and the largest room that they have.
their minimum rates is $30/2hrs.
I knn $50/2hrs also once. Went there 1 time and left only the super big rooms. so boh bian took that.

As for dickson, the basement and non-bath tub is $20/2hrs
those bigger room with bathtub is $30/2hrs

that means joo chiat h81 still offers transit rates?

can anyone confirm?

i am always tempted by the viet KTV girls there. once i have a ons with a viet gal in h81, but after i heard they no longer offer transit rate, i sian 1/2.