PDA

View Full Version : Lost in a difficult marriage

Leisuresuit
10-09-2023, 12:30 PM
This is probably a common issue for many bros here kand I am not even sure a commercial sex forum is the right place to seek advice or a sympathetic ear.

I am in my mid 40s, married and have 2 very young kids. I have been married to my wife for over 10 years. In our years of marriage, our relationship had slowly deteriorated to the point that we were quarrelling daily over meaningless things that triggered her. Over time she broke my heart and faith in the institution of marriage by suggesting divorce over what seemed to me to be small things.

We have our fair share of flaws but while I was prepared to accept her flaws, she was constantly critical of mine. We rarely had sex, she had some resistance to penetrative sex as she said she wasn't ready or we weren't ready to have kids, because I did not have good financial habits (btw I'm not in debt nor do I have vices, but do not save enough).

Subsequently, she suddenly wanted to have kids as she felt her biological clock ticking. We did have sex to try for kids. But it's not enjoyable. While I love my kids, I wonder why I agreed to bring them to this world, to have them witness our fights.

Consequently, i engaged in some commercial sex, but I found that I crave the familiarity of someone regular. It was good during the days of hc and Malaysian mls, you could rtf the same person and build a friendship.

In our recent fights she complained that I had forgotten our anniversary, but she had never acted like she cared for the relationship or anniversary. I also genuinely forgot.

I often envy bros who appear to have a successful or happy marriage, whether or not the bro still eat outside. I also wonder if I should agree to divorce the next time she brings it up. Maybe it brings a second chance to both of us, although I am sure the kids will become damage as a result.

obeyyodude
10-09-2023, 12:53 PM
I'm not in your situation so I cant say I understand, I can only provide a listening ear. I guess for you, divorce will be very difficult because of the kids. Hope you can have a favourable conclusion, maybe you can try asking her to separate but not divorce (for the kids), I see several benefits to that. Maybe by the time your kids realize, they will be old enough to understand the situation.

I am also in a bit of a situation myself, if you don't mind me sharing I can post in the next reply.

Leisuresuit
10-09-2023, 01:38 PM
Please go ahead and share your story. Guess many of us are in a similar boat

Newbieshag
10-09-2023, 03:25 PM
Bro , have you try marriage counselling. Many a times marriage broke down due to not communicating enough. Just like mine for too much pride and not willing to communicate.
I suggest to try marriage counselling before considering the next step . All the best and stay strong .

Leisuresuit
10-09-2023, 07:05 PM
Actually I suggested counselling but she had flat refused. She has a horrible blame mindset and do not think she has any issues.

Take for example, if she is expressing hostility daily, like someone full of poison and thorns, and steer clear of her and do what is necessary to take care of her. Yet she can complain that I don't treat her like a women or am not tender towards her.

Newbieshag
10-09-2023, 09:16 PM
Actually I suggested counselling but she had flat refused. She has a horrible blame mindset and do not think she has any issues.

Take for example, if she is expressing hostility daily, like someone full of poison and thorns, and steer clear of her and do what is necessary to take care of her. Yet she can complain that I don't treat her like a women or am not tender towards her.

But divorcing with 2 young kids is not easy, who will have the custody of the kids? Have you spoken to your in-law ? Whatever it takes to salvage, do it. Talk to her if there is any thing that can be done to save the marriage or even delay the thought of divorce for the time being.

Wishing you all the best and will pray for you !

obeyyodude
11-09-2023, 12:35 PM
Please go ahead and share your story. Guess many of us are in a similar boat

Basically, I was a big simp for her as she was my first gf. Whatever she wants I will do, granted she is not a spendthrift and doesn't ask me to buy expensive things, more like she must always have her way and I always gave in to her wishes. This culminated in her demanding that we buy a flat and subsequently get married for a very stupid reason, when I had just started working and had no money (back then I was working full time for 1 year only and on a gross salary of less than 1.5k). My parents told me I was lucky she wanted me as she was more educated than me so they loaned me money and everything, I worked like mad to pay my HDB loan and joint account for home expenses, and am still working 14 hours a day.

Fast forward to last year, I know this sounds dumb but when I watched the Johnny Depp divorce proceedings, I realized she did things that were similar, a lot of emotional blackmail and manipulation. I doubted myself at first, so I started asking around the people I know, but I swapped the gender, and said it was "my young colleague". Every single person said their advice was to break up as those things were major red flags.

Now it's easier to notice when she tries to do things, for example she's been trying to suggest selling our flat and buying resale at more central area. I said no because sell high buy even higher, I don't want to extend my loan again. She then went behind my back to talk to my parents to try to convince me.

I guess some switch inside me just flipped after, and I can't feel anything towards her anymore, I'm still working 14 hours 6 days a week, but at least now it's to build my savings and enjoy life a bit instead of just trying to survive. I don't dare to suggest divorce yet, as our flat haven't mop, but at least we both didn't want kids.

Now waiting for the right time to separate.

Marmots
11-09-2023, 12:49 PM
My suggestions.

First off, set down some golden rules between you and your wife.

Eg.

We NEVER quarrel in front of the kids or within earshot of the kids.

No negative mood displays around the kids.

When you have kids, there are now different priorities. You may not be able to give them the best or what you want to give, but first make sure they are not affected by what is not right between the two of you.

Do not eat alone at home if spouse is around. One important aspect of house vs home/family is sharing a meal together. Even if one party is full, having a drink while keeping company is important.

My wife used to tell me to eat first if I was hungry. I told her that we're a family, we eat together. It is not respect for her or me, it is something you hold on to because that's what part of family is. One time I got mad when she told me to have my meal first. I told her, we're a family. If we can't even eat together when we are together, what do we have left ? So my wife stopped her dilly dallies and we have our meals together now.

Tell your wife "divorce" is a very very serious matter. It is not something to be uttered in a moment of anger. It is much better to do a shutdown than to utter that word. Much much less damage done and have time to cool down.

Above are ways to prevent further damage. You will also have to find ways to enhance the relationship.

In a previous bf/gf relationship I had, I was quite distracted for a while. My gf would ask me what was wrong, but I just gave standard dude reply, nothing wrong. After about 2-3 weeks of distracted state, after intimacy, I told her I was sorry about not paying attention to her, cos I was thinking about the future and not sure which path to take, which was important to me.

She did not say much, I recall, but she did hug me tightly and one thing stood out. She said no matter what I wanted to do, she will be there. I remember doing a light snap on her forehead and said, If I was single, my future is easy to decide, it is because of you that I need to think more carefully, cause you are included in all my future planning.

It was the truth. The matter of fact way I said it let her realize her standing with me. ( sadly, we did not make it).
Also, the apology also let her know that the neglect was not intentional, and you feel bad about it.

This is starting to be a text wall, so a last bit.

Share amusing stuff. I observed this 2 things and shared it with my wife.

Have you guys ever seen this type of dude who would go over his hair carefully, and adjusting each strand to optimize the placement so as to accentuate his looks in public washroom. I have quite often. So I went to the toilet and saw this guy doing his routine, and after I released, he was still there at it, meticulously moving each strand. I took some time washing my hands cos I wanted to see how long he can take moving his hair here and there. He took quite a while, and here comes the wtf.

He puts on his cap after he was done with his hair. I was so like WTF ??

I shared it with my wife and we had a laugh.
Share the small things that makes you amused and wonder, its part of what life is.

The second thing was I saw this sign that said no urinating and told my wife. I asked her if that meant you can't take a piss there but having a dump is fine ? We both laughed.

The small things enhances/solidifies the foundation, so it can better withstand the burdens life brings.

Leisuresuit
11-09-2023, 01:13 PM
Hi bros, thanks.

I am surprised by the amount of kind, family oriented, and wise advice I am receiving. This is after all, a forum focused on commercial sex. I will be revisiting these advice from time to time.

I am not contemplating divorce myself and do whatever I can to resolve, avoid or defer the issue. The mention is more to illustrate the severity of the situation.

Wife is very clever, top student in schools, and we are both professionals. Early days she would be nicer to me than I am to her as I had taken many things for granted, but I have continuously changed for the better but nothing I do now seem to be good enough for her

Leisuresuit
11-09-2023, 01:14 PM
It is difficult to communicate with her, let alone set ground rules...

Marmots
11-09-2023, 02:21 PM
Yeah dude, not too sure how to go about it cos you were looking for something easy ?

Nothing is going to be easy with the relationship at your described state.

Not in debt does not mean no vice, your posting history suggest otherwise.
If some efforts there were applied to your marriage ?

Also, there was a huge red flag I missed.....has it crossed your mind ?

Leisuresuit
11-09-2023, 03:03 PM
Yes. I had engaged in commercial sex. To clarify (i re read my post, i meamt no gambling, drinking). I am not addicted to commercial sex and probably done it on and off maximum once every 2 weeks and not every month. Not to justify myself, but it started after we aren't doing it at home.

Finances wise, no huge savings. I tend to indulge in hobbies and food but over the years, I've made significant improvements in this aspect.

Leisuresuit
11-09-2023, 03:03 PM
Could you point out the red flag.

VoicesWithin
12-09-2023, 10:32 AM
Bro,
There is a Divorce / Unhappy / Sexless Marriage group chat here.

From https://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=710559

We are on wechat. Started by a bro years ago. Today, the group is about 200 strong.

We operate as a support group. Where we share our marriage challenges. And get views on our situations. Who is right, who is wrong, how to move forward etc. Most are in their 40s. With kids and families.

The Admin is kinda busy at the moment. If you are keen, I can get you inside the group. PM me.

marlborosmoker
12-09-2023, 12:26 PM
Yes. I had engaged in commercial sex. To clarify (i re read my post, i meamt no gambling, drinking). I am not addicted to commercial sex and probably done it on and off maximum once every 2 weeks and not every month. Not to justify myself, but it started after we aren't doing it at home.

Finances wise, no huge savings. I tend to indulge in hobbies and food but over the years, I've made significant improvements in this aspect.

Hoping you and your wife can solve this fucked up situation and save the marriage. But I think what other bros write here are very correct, communication is the base. If she despises you that much, let's try to get the bottom of the reason.

Pictionary
13-09-2023, 12:24 AM
Hoping you and your wife can solve this fucked up situation and save the marriage. But I think what other bros write here are very correct, communication is the base. If she despises you that much, let's try to get the bottom of the reason.
Btm of the reason? Indirectly the cost of his/her job/career? Dun forget we need to juggle and learn how to adapt to whatever situations be it people, daily work challenges and reporting to boss.

Cannot reason just enough, just divorce. Otherwise lose your career, love life and everything else. We are not doing security guard jobs whereby just rcv phone calls, ask for purpose of visit and patrol ....

peanodood1337
16-09-2023, 07:47 PM
I often envy bros who appear to have a successful or happy marriage, whether or not the bro still eat outside. I also wonder if I should agree to divorce the next time she brings it up. Maybe it brings a second chance to both of us, although I am sure the kids will become damage as a result.

Don't envy others. You never know what is going on behind their closed doors. Also, those that are truly happy had to work for it. Made sacrifices. Forgone their needs sometimes for the good of the family.

You have already failed your marriage by cheating on your wife through seeking commercial sexual services. The hundreds, if not thousands of dollars you spent on whores could have gone to your children's education. Did you ever stop to think of that?

I find it surprising that you are complaining about your wife, when you aren't exactly an angel either. It takes 2 hands to clap. You have forgotten about your anniversary - do you think she will be haha ok its fine about it? Think back to the old times when you were wooing her - would you ever forget about your anniversary? Fuck, I've been divorced for 5 years and I still remember my ex's birthday and our anniversary. What excuse do you have?

My advice? Buck the fuck up. Stop whinging about your lack of sex life. You have 2 kids to live for now. Start talking to your wife about these issues, and work on them together. And not seek advice on some dubious sex forum. If you don't work to save your marriage, you'll be posting here again soon about your divorce.

Good luck.

Pictionary
16-09-2023, 08:48 PM
1. commercial sexual services
2. some dubious sex forum
It's correct, however please tone down these conversations. Moi want to relax and leisure reading. Need more sensible and matured samsters, instead of me, to roll-on the conversations, instead of those playing quiet_quiet games.

*I just thought of a framework to link all the general ideas together. Needed to work thru the details myself consistently or cannot survive in this controlled environment and not careful can get really screwed. Self-effort, self-determination, self....... Read/write less of Sammyforum threads/replies unless v free/stressed. At certain point in life, it just take a handful of samsters(Venus/Mars/VenusMars) to destroy my life and to pick up from the pieces myself slowly, can never recover. Cannot take deep pressure, always the saying just quit, dun burden others. All the toxicities of life, never drop in big hole, never know how to overcome the slumdog challenges. Then come a handful to steal the ideas and make his/her own. That's what i dun like, sorry.

$$It's v tough to apply my school theory onto a simple task. Do it one time right, everytime. Whether can succeed or not, does not matter. Dun live my life in regrets. Need to start read/write less of Sammyforum.

###Ok (https://sbf-sg.social/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Ok) , you are right peanadood! It's my error on my part for overlooking this. I need to acknowledge that this is your effort, not mine.

expatamerican
18-09-2023, 02:20 PM
Every day your young kids are learning what to expect from a relationship. If all they see is distance and conflict, then that is what they will also choose in their life. So if you think you are not doing harm to your kids now, you are so wrong. Also as long as you are not a happy person and cannot be a good dad. Im not saying divorce or not. But I am saying kids is not a valid reason to stay in a non functional marriage.

KinksHunter
18-09-2023, 03:50 PM
Hey bro, I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time.
It sounds like you've been dealing with a lot of emotional strain and it's not easy.

Communication breakdowns and constant quarrels can be incredibly draining, and it's natural to feel frustrated and hurt.
It's clear that there are some deep-seated issues that need to be addressed in your marriage.

Bringing children into the equation can further complicate things, especially if they witness constant arguments.
It's a tough situation to be in, and I can empathize with your feelings of regret and uncertainty.

Seeking familiarity in relationships, even through commercial means, is understandable.
We all yearn for a connection, and sometimes it's easier to find that with someone you've built a rapport with.

Regarding your thoughts on divorce, it's a significant decision and not one to be taken lightly.
It's important to weigh the pros and cons, especially considering the potential impact on your kids.
Sometimes, though, it might offer a chance for both parties to find happiness and a fresh start.

Ultimately, it's crucial to have open and honest conversations with your wife about how you both feel.
Marriage counseling could be a valuable option to explore.
It's a space where both of you can express your concerns and work towards a healthier, more fulfilling relationship.

Remember, seeking support is a sign of strength, and it's a step towards understanding and potentially finding a resolution.

Wishing you the best during this difficult time.

Pictionary
18-09-2023, 07:14 PM
Every day your young kids are learning what to expect from a relationship. If all they see is distance and conflict, then that is what they will also choose in their life. So if you think you are not doing harm to your kids now, you are so wrong. Also as long as you are not a happy person and cannot be a good dad. Im not saying divorce or not. But I am saying kids is not a valid reason to stay in a non functional marriage.
The singaporean v young sons suffer the most. They need to think out of the box out of the rigid education system, endure the tough military life and entertain expatriate + stinkapolang + profkapolang + zharbokapolang + auntkapolang bosses while solving real-life issues w little $$$ for retirement. We need to help ourselves while tolerating neverending stinkapolang + outcastkapolang + zharbokapolang culture. Guess we are the worst lot of stinkapolang + profkapolang + outcastkapolang as compared to other SEA countries, while improving a bit against the high standards of living. We will continue to help ourselves despite the difficulties w or /w stinkapolang + profkapolang + outcastkapolang + zharbokapolang.

Thanks for trying to help.

Zetyalpha
20-09-2023, 09:57 AM
This is probably a common issue for many bros here kand I am not even sure a commercial sex forum is the right place to seek advice or a sympathetic ear.

I am in my mid 40s, married and have 2 very young kids. I have been married to my wife for over 10 years. In our years of marriage, our relationship had slowly deteriorated to the point that we were quarrelling daily over meaningless things that triggered her. Over time she broke my heart and faith in the institution of marriage by suggesting divorce over what seemed to me to be small things.

We have our fair share of flaws but while I was prepared to accept her flaws, she was constantly critical of mine. We rarely had sex, she had some resistance to penetrative sex as she said she wasn't ready or we weren't ready to have kids, because I did not have good financial habits (btw I'm not in debt nor do I have vices, but do not save enough).

Subsequently, she suddenly wanted to have kids as she felt her biological clock ticking. We did have sex to try for kids. But it's not enjoyable. While I love my kids, I wonder why I agreed to bring them to this world, to have them witness our fights.

Consequently, i engaged in some commercial sex, but I found that I crave the familiarity of someone regular. It was good during the days of hc and Malaysian mls, you could rtf the same person and build a friendship.

In our recent fights she complained that I had forgotten our anniversary, but she had never acted like she cared for the relationship or anniversary. I also genuinely forgot.

These days, esp Singaporean women have no respect for men. The reasons why she pick trivial things to quarrel. Is she has ZERO respect and contempt for you.

Your biggest mistake is giving her children. If I were you, I would have divorced her. Now, you stuck with a possible divorce and child support. You fell for her trap totally.

chubbybastard
20-09-2023, 02:48 PM
The singaporean v young sons suffer the most. They need to think out of the box out of the rigid education system, endure the tough military life and entertain expatriate + stinkapolang + profkapolang + zharbokapolang + auntkapolang bosses while solving real-life issues w little $$$ for retirement. We need to help ourselves while tolerating neverending stinkapolang + outcastkapolang + zharbokapolang culture. Guess we are the worst lot of stinkapolang + profkapolang + outcastkapolang as compared to other SEA countries, while improving a bit against the high standards of living. We will continue to help ourselves despite the difficulties w or /w stinkapolang + profkapolang + outcastkapolang + zharbokapolang.

Thanks for trying to help.

Force yourself to think positively not for yourself but for your kids

Pictionary
28-09-2023, 10:40 PM
Force yourself to think positively not for yourself but for your kids
Good advice. I will try to embrace positively. I need to help myself before i can help the future singaporean sons. Dun feel like helping daughters or PMETs, bec i really dun feel any hardships or learn anything useful from them.

xiaozhi
07-10-2023, 03:35 AM
Bro, you have 2 kids already. Can only say try to tahan until kids 21 years old if you want divorce. Once divorce, no matter what you confirm need pay wife alimony and child maintenance. Your HDB also need to be sold off and split 50% to her. You confirm in deep shit financial.

I can see the way you say your marriage life I feel your wife is looking for a dad instead of husband. I bet her dad must be pamper her like princess. Sad to say high chance you marry wrong wife and I hope one day she wake up her idea. Communicate as often as possible.

I go down the divorce route when my son is only 3-4 years old and needless to say I'm paying for child maintenance. Lucky for me my ex wife don't really out to pwned me but now I have alot difficulty seeing my child. Take care bro. If need chat more, can find me.

AUDIFANSG
14-11-2023, 03:32 PM
lol not to add salt to your injury but i feel girls who don have respect for their husband/quarrel often with their husbands are more likely to eat outside.on the bright side you are also eating outside so its even. on the serious side kids are often the most affected by divorces. My kid loves me a lot and i can never imagine letting him experience wat a divorce feels like.

Greenfrog
16-11-2023, 08:17 AM
i always got this theory that majority of the marriages out there are dead.

looks like i am right.

Dignified69
16-11-2023, 10:46 AM
The big problem is that most mens need for sex remains through most of life it seems and for many women it wanes or even disappears. Even after all the counselling and everything if there is no sex in the marriage it is very difficult, particularly if all other things are ok.

The challenge is how to eat out without any guilt? A spiritual teacher / life coach once told me that no action is inherently good or bad. So I should not feel guilty about eating out when there is no other recourse. But clearly I haven't been able to internalise.

So need to know from all the married samsters out here what is their secret to eating out without guilt?

Datingafter35
19-11-2023, 07:34 PM
Dang.

I was once married to my ex-wife for a decade.

Sex was good because no kids.

But it still boils down to being financially savvy and calmly talking things through.

Here I am craving for marriage and you guys are toughing it out. Kudos.

Greenfrog
20-11-2023, 05:40 PM
lol not to add salt to your injury but i feel girls who don have respect for their husband/quarrel often with their husbands are more likely to eat outside.on the bright side you are also eating outside so its even. on the serious side kids are often the most affected by divorces. My kid loves me a lot and i can never imagine letting him experience wat a divorce feels like.

on the other hand, single parent kids mature faster.

Stimsia
21-11-2023, 02:15 PM
TS
2 strangers coming to live under one roof is never an easy thing. Fate bring the two of you together.

What did you see in her in the first place?
Focus on that and you may bring out the better her.

What did she see in you? Accentuate that.

Women tend to be emotional compared to guys.
Maybe something is troubling her outside and she let go on you? What is family for. To be taken for granted..
When she start to flare, instead of retaliating, maybe say something to the effect
" i know you are angry now. Can we resolve the issue? What do you recommend?"

Maybe try to restart the courtship process. Bring her out for dinner. Buy her flowers.

Of course 3rd party cannot comprehend the real situation. I can only reference from news about stars divorce. If can resolve, by all means maintain the marriage for the children. When all else fail, again for the sake of children, it might just be better to separate instead of letting the kids constantly facing toxic situation.

Note
With smartphone nowadays, there is no reason not to set alarm for important dates?