PDA

View Full Version : Periodic screening

Bbtt332023
13-06-2023, 04:23 PM
Just gathering opinions. For senior bros, do you all go for periodic screening for hiv/stds? If got, how often you do screening?

If not, do you screen at all? If so, what's the trigger for you all to screen?

sammyboyfor
13-06-2023, 05:20 PM
Just gathering opinions. For senior bros, do you all go for periodic screening for hiv/stds? If got, how often you do screening?

I test once per year as part of an annual health check.

Bbtt332023
13-06-2023, 06:10 PM
I test once per year as part of an annual health check.

Ohhh, exclusively std check or the basic full body checkup? My workplace offers that occasionally, but don't think includes std, hiv or the hepatitises. But thanks for your answer. Appreciate it.

sammyboyfor
13-06-2023, 06:19 PM
Ohhh, exclusively std check or the basic full body checkup? My workplace offers that occasionally, but don't think includes std, hiv or the hepatitises. But thanks for your answer. Appreciate it.

An annual health check includes a blood test for various organ functions, cholesterol, iron, hba1c etc. Just tell the doctor you want to include STD tests as well so the lab will draw sufficient blood for all tests to be performed.

Bbtt332023
13-06-2023, 07:50 PM
An annual health check includes a blood test for various organ functions, cholesterol, iron, hba1c etc. Just tell the doctor you want to include STD tests as well so the lab will draw sufficient blood for all tests to be performed.

I see. Thanks for the advice.
This checkup is sponsored one, so probably can't add. But I probably won't test here, as I'm working in this line one. Chances are if I order the blood std PCRs, I'll be the one running, or my colleagues.

Anywayyy, went to AFA today, the gen 4 hiv was free for today. Dunno how long it's free.

Side note, went to test because I'm refraining from penetrative sex services for now. Either HJ or BJ... But that would mean chances of unprotected oral sex. So I'm probably considering periodically testing the other STDs and only test HIV once in a long while, since I reckon risks for the others are higher.

EmailKing
20-07-2023, 04:41 PM
At least once a year is needed for this, but also depends on how active you are. More cheonging, probably every 6 months will be best?

qwerty555
25-07-2023, 04:56 PM

thanks, does it require additional cost?

qwerty555
25-07-2023, 04:58 PM
At least once a year is needed for this, but also depends on how active you are. More cheonging, probably every 6 months will be best?

I think once a year is okay

sammyboyfor
25-07-2023, 06:06 PM
thanks, does it require additional cost?

Not where I am as it is part of the government health service. However in Singapore you may have to pay for each test.

titts82002
26-07-2023, 12:27 AM

I do it more frequent due to my lifestyle and preferences.
6 months at least, if not once every 3 months..

KenTheBigDik
04-08-2023, 12:13 PM
I see. Thanks for the advice.
This checkup is sponsored one, so probably can't add. But I probably won't test here, as I'm working in this line one. Chances are if I order the blood std PCRs, I'll be the one running, or my colleagues.

Anywayyy, went to AFA today, the gen 4 hiv was free for today. Dunno how long it's free.

Side note, went to test because I'm refraining from penetrative sex services for now. Either HJ or BJ... But that would mean chances of unprotected oral sex. So I'm probably considering periodically testing the other STDs and only test HIV once in a long while, since I reckon risks for the others are higher.

Same here, I did capped FJ twice and previously decided to go ahead to buy the HIV self testing kit (oral). Tested to be negative but not sure if should still proceed with the actual gen iv test.

HiFive
05-08-2023, 11:01 PM
My max is capped BJ and HJ so unlikely I will screen for HIV. But I will include STD screening when I do my annual health checkup. Some packages include basic STD screening.