PDA

View Full Version : Revised Travel Rules To Thailand

chameleon589
05-01-2023, 10:46 PM
Proof of Covid jabs for all visitors revived.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2476069/proof-of-covid-jabs-for-all-visitors-revived:D

countryman
06-01-2023, 05:29 AM
Proof of Covid jabs for all visitors revived.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2476069/proof-of-covid-jabs-for-all-visitors-revived:D

Just saw latest news in YouTube about Phuket, apparently nothing was mentioned about covid vaccination proof n there are very limited flights to Phuket from China in Jan.. They even said that air tickets prices to Phuket from China are crazily expensive now. The mass influx of PRC tourists won't be so soon..

tenyushipop
06-01-2023, 03:25 PM
proof of vaccination no issue. the insurance for sg go thailand need ?

ceandy
06-01-2023, 04:21 PM

Yes definitely.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/covid-19-insurance-for-thailand

khairulmhd007
06-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Yes definitely.

my friend just arrived in bkk today. he did not buy insurance, just enter as normal.

poker
07-01-2023, 02:28 AM
Yes definitely.

this one seems outdated info leh. still mention thai pass which i don't think is used anymore.

gonz0
07-01-2023, 07:23 AM
Yes definitely.

this one seems outdated info leh. still mention thai pass which i don't think is used anymore.

Yes. That information was last (Updated May 5, 2022).

ceandy
07-01-2023, 09:45 AM

yeah shit you're right. My bad.

Anyone can post the updated updated one?

nexen
07-01-2023, 09:49 AM
yeah shit you're right. My bad.

Anyone can post the updated updated one?

Cabinet meet on Tuesday, probably an announcement after that.

littlenathanboy
07-01-2023, 03:17 PM
my friend just arrived in bkk today. he did not buy insurance, just enter as normal.

Cabinet meet on Tuesday, probably an announcement after that.

my colleague also arrived in bkk yesterday with 4 friends. all enter as normal. my turn soon i hope!

fallen11
07-01-2023, 06:05 PM
effective from 9 Jan 2023, 1am.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/07/breaking-thailand-ministry-of-transport-and-civil-aviation-authority-releases-to-airlines-new-entry-requirements-effective-from-january-9th/

No need insurance unless the country you travel to after leaving thailand requires a covid test. Eg: China, India.

But my advice is to always get travel insured while travelling. No need save that puny amount for extra cans of beer.:)

khairulmhd007
07-01-2023, 06:11 PM

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/07/breaking-thailand-ministry-of-transport-and-civil-aviation-authority-releases-to-airlines-new-entry-requirements-effective-from-january-9th/

No need insurance unless the country you travel to after leaving thailand requires a covid test. Eg: China, India.

But my advice is to always get travel insured while travelling. No need save that puny amount for extra cans of beer.:)

ah ok, maybe i will just add on the travel insurance that covers covid for my next trip. but i dont think will be anytime soon.

countryman
07-01-2023, 06:20 PM

Apparently this is not confirmation news as it is still a developing story as stated. There could still be some changes n flip flopping of rules... 1st direct flight to arrive in Bangkok from China is on 12Jan apparently.. :D

hellothis555
07-01-2023, 11:06 PM

Just purchase an insurance, what is so difficult or is it too costly? A few days trip, insurance is definitely less than $50.

ceandy
07-01-2023, 11:59 PM

yeah travel insurance also not that expensive, $30 plus minus settle already.

Citizens
08-01-2023, 12:01 AM
Just purchase an insurance, what is so difficult or is it too costly? A few days trip, insurance is definitely less than $50.

$50? Which insurance company you buy from?
My 5 day trip - buy insurance from NTUC Income cost me almost S$200.
I am Malaysian but flying out from Changi so have to buy insurance from SG insurance company (as advised by Scoot).... is this correct? Or have I been scammed by Scoot/NTUC.

countryman
08-01-2023, 12:39 AM
Covid Insurance is not needed unless the country you're flying back to needs u to take a PCR test before your flight home..
The insurance is needed just in case u tested positive n you need to extend your stay in Thailand for your recovery.

countryman
08-01-2023, 12:41 AM

What Thailand need is Covid insurance, not travel insurance.

ceandy
08-01-2023, 10:49 AM
I am Malaysian but flying out from Changi so have to buy insurance from SG insurance company (as advised by Scoot).... is this correct? Or have I been scammed by Scoot/NTUC.

Hey bro I got from NTUC Income also, 5 day trip to Bangkok, got the deluxe plan with covid coverage, should be $30 plus.

tianshi_shinko
08-01-2023, 01:15 PM
I buy from fwb for upcoming trip to bkk add in covid insurance around 40+ after 25% discount

https://www.fwd.com.sg/travel-insurance/

fallen11
08-01-2023, 01:23 PM

you buy annual plan is it?
annual plan costs 200+ a year for coverage within asia. SEA region cheaper.
Now most travel insurance covers covid too, because if they dont then nobody will buy from that insurer.

countryman
08-01-2023, 01:53 PM
Just announced, 09Jan tomorrow is the starting date where they will check on vaccination status for foreigners arriving into Thailand. This will last till end Jan subject to renewal...

Doomas
08-01-2023, 03:08 PM
My flight to BKK is on 10 Jan and I just got an advisory from TG. Yes, need proof of vaccination in digital or hardcopy format. Proof of insurance with Covid inclusion is for passengers arriving from India or Mainland China.

Just announced, 09Jan tomorrow is the starting date where they will check on vaccination status for foreigners arriving into Thailand. This will last till end Jan subject to renewal...

countryman
08-01-2023, 03:55 PM
My flight to BKK is on 10 Jan and I just got an advisory from TG. Yes, need proof of vaccination in digital or hardcopy format. Proof of insurance with Covid inclusion is for passengers arriving from India or Mainland China.

Yes, cos India n China you need to produce PCR negative test results before entering.. The insurance is to cover your medical expenses in Thailand in the event you're tested positive before your departure flight home.

hellothis555
08-01-2023, 09:27 PM

Yearly travel insurance including covid, "basic or standard" is 200++. Malaysian?? Maybe they think u kong kong... :D.

hellothis555
08-01-2023, 09:31 PM
What Thailand need is Covid insurance, not travel insurance.

Travel insurance is with our without covid coverage, better read your travel insurance carefully.... there is no 1 insurance just for covid alone.

Again what is so difficult to purchase a travel insurance with covid coverage with extra $10s??? :D

I was in BKK during 2021 Dec. Compulsory travel with covid insurance, PCR in SG and BKK, Thaipass, 1 night compulsory in BKK till PCR negative .... then ART back to SG.... now quite easy.

Doomas
08-01-2023, 09:48 PM
Correct. I bought NTUC Income travel insurance and Covid 19 was auto included. Of course the premium was correspondingly increased.

I suspect the bro declared pre-existing conditions. I did the same and paid a $100+ premium.

Travel insurance is with our without covid coverage, better read your travel insurance carefully.... there is no 1 insurance just for covid alone.

Again what is so difficult to purchase a travel insurance with covid coverage with extra $10s??? :D

I was in BKK during 2021 Dec. Compulsory travel with covid insurance, PCR in SG and BKK, Thaipass, 1 night compulsory in BKK till PCR negative .... then ART back to SG.... now quite easy.

Citizens
08-01-2023, 10:47 PM
you buy annual plan is it?
annual plan costs 200+ a year for coverage within asia. SEA region cheaper.
Now most travel insurance covers covid too, because if they dont then nobody will buy from that insurer.

Nope..... it was only for 5 day covering my SG-BKK-SG trip. I included pre-existing medical conditions + covid insurance and NTUC quoted me almost $200/=.

Actually I oredi have annual travel policy with Zurich MY but that is only valid for travel originating from Malaysia. Because I was flying on Scoot from Changi..... I was advised to purchase another travel insurance to cover that trip.

fallen11
08-01-2023, 11:20 PM
Nope..... it was only for 5 day covering my SG-BKK-SG trip. I included pre-existing medical conditions + covid insurance and NTUC quoted me almost $200/=.

Actually I oredi have annual travel policy with Zurich MY but that is only valid for travel originating from Malaysia. Because I was flying on Scoot from Changi..... I was advised to purchase another travel insurance to cover that trip.

got pre existing thats why
you're even lucky they accept you
usually pre existing they just offer exclusion or outright reject

pewpewboom123
09-01-2023, 04:43 AM

bro does this mean we have to show trace together to prove fully vacinated status?:confused::confused:

countryman
09-01-2023, 08:44 AM
bro does this mean we have to show trace together to prove fully vacinated status?:confused::confused:

From the Health Hub app or the Notarise version which is sent to your email. Physical copy cert of your vaccinations is also acceptable.

Doomas
09-01-2023, 10:21 AM
NTUC Income does accept pre-existing conditions but at a higher premium of course.

got pre existing thats why
you're even lucky they accept you
usually pre existing they just offer exclusion or outright reject

Doomas
09-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Better bring printouts in case. My previous experiences were they will disinterestedly scan your QR codes but you never know.

From the Health Hub app or the Notarise version which is sent to your email. Physical copy cert of your vaccinations is also acceptable.

Doomas
09-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Precisely. If can travel to BKK for sio gan we can assume they can afford the extra premium.

superlibido
09-01-2023, 11:52 AM
apparently, they challenging the revised rules and now still uncertain if it will change or not.

the insurance is based on the country that you will be visiting after leaving thailand. weird, but ok.

countryman
09-01-2023, 03:43 PM
apparently, they challenging the revised rules and now still uncertain if it will change or not.

the insurance is based on the country that you will be visiting after leaving thailand. weird, but ok.

Oh yes, it has been rescinded.. Just saw latest news from YouTube..

rahimboy27
09-01-2023, 04:34 PM

so now is no need insurance ?

countryman
09-01-2023, 05:52 PM

Yes, don't need. Don't need anything @all..
End of the day we now know tourism $$$ is still more important than whatever Covid19 is happening out there...

valiantpounder
09-01-2023, 06:31 PM
End of the day we now know tourism $$$ is still more important than whatever Covid19 is happening out there...

money more important than lives also because govt (yes corrupted) but see bigger picture. make things difficult more people suffer and they dont want to payout and bail citizens so they relax the rules lor then everyone survive they no need pay citizens

hellothis555
09-01-2023, 07:28 PM

Again what is so difficult to pay less than $50 to protect yourself from mishap? Anyway it is your life.

A lot always think, not so suay, it won't happen to me but if u fall ill, accident, etc and need to evacuate to SG.... all these need a lot of money, not just few thousands.... u are looking at 5 to 6 digits $$$$.
My friend family spent about 60k to get him back to SG from BKK.

BTW travel insurance does not only provide the above, there are more.

Below shared from, https://www.chubb.com/sg-en/articles/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost.html

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-1.png

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-2.png

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-3.png

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-4.png

Funquest
10-01-2023, 09:36 AM
I'm coming from Canada so insurance applies to me because I will be transiting through HKG. But I depart to BKK in February and return later in the same month and things can change by then. I have company emergency travel insurance so I'm covered BUT if they don't accept that, I will just buy MSIG inbound travel insurance at check in which is around 1700 baht.

newbiesamster
13-01-2023, 11:33 AM
Hearsay bkk covid very strong, my friend just came back from bkk with covid. He said symptoms much worst than omicron

lonelyfish
13-01-2023, 10:21 PM
Always buy insurance when traveling. My friend without travel insurance had to fork quite an amount when he was hospitalised for some simple thing. I always have annual insurance because of frequent travel for work and leisure, so it can be used too.

After having it 2 times, I don't really care about the covid now, but the inconvenience it will give you. Delta was a pain and XBB was a holiday at home, waiting for more to come.

wildface
14-01-2023, 02:08 PM
It's better to get a travel insurance no matter what and it's not expensive..

I just touch down last night, nothing changed for immigration. No need proof of vaccination

tenyushipop
15-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Hearsay bkk covid very strong, my friend just came back from bkk with covid. He said symptoms much worst than omicron

depend on individual body... he immune system weak, symptom stronger

tenyushipop
15-01-2023, 06:31 PM
latest update my malaysian friend enter no insurance. normal go chop passport.

superlibido
18-01-2023, 11:35 AM

sad i actually get updated about news on fb/tiktok/youtube lol

mrpinkx
23-01-2023, 10:47 AM
In BKK now, just arrive with passport like good old times...

fallen11
23-01-2023, 12:35 PM
In BKK now, just arrive with passport like good old times...

hows the custom queue?:confused:

mrpinkx
23-01-2023, 03:50 PM
hows the custom queue?:confused:

Flowy enough, <15mins for mine.
Time flies when all the blood is away from big head.

lonelyfish
24-01-2023, 12:16 AM
I arrived in BKK today. From alight from airplane to complete immigration was about 10 min, saw luggage in sight, grabbed it and taxi straight to hotel for check in, then off to a MP for a 2hr session :o ... Reached the MP from alight within 1.5 hrs :D.

pewpewboom123
24-01-2023, 12:43 PM
I arrived in BKK today. From alight from airplane to complete immigration was about 10 min, saw luggage in sight, grabbed it and taxi straight to hotel for check in, then off to a MP for a 2hr session :o ... Reached the MP from alight within 1.5 hrs :D.

Bro which MP you went to? Also in bkk now and wana check out mps but quite lost here😊😊😊

Doomas
24-01-2023, 12:46 PM
You can't go far wrong with Addict massage opposite Emporium. Khun Google can help you find it :D

Bro which MP you went to? Also in bkk now and wana check out mps but quite lost here😊😊😊

pewpewboom123
24-01-2023, 01:07 PM
You can't go far wrong with Addict massage opposite Emporium. Khun Google can help you find it :D
Still early now 12 noon in bkk only, have girls inhouse already ah o_0

Doomas
24-01-2023, 01:10 PM
Most MP gals are in by 2pm :p

Still early now 12 noon in bkk only, have girls inhouse already ah o_0

pewpewboom123
24-01-2023, 01:18 PM
Most MP gals are in by 2pm :p

Thanks bro for the info, will check it out in a while and post my fr here 😊😊😊😊😊

lonelyfish
24-01-2023, 11:52 PM

I went to Happy BKK on the 1st day, and Mai Chan today. Actually I went 2 MP today, I did not have a good experience at Momo this time, so end up went Mai Chan later for an enjoyable one. Happy BKK is very good.

lonelyfish
24-01-2023, 11:58 PM

Addict has a great selection of ladies today, but 102 doesn't. I just passed by the area at 10pm and saw plenty of girls at Butterfly, but I just came back after a good session at Mai Chan. Mai Chan only had 4 girls just now, so probably gonna visit Butterfly tomorrow, my past 2 experience were very good there.

TonyCheong2
30-01-2023, 02:58 PM
https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thai-visa-exemption-and-bilateral-agreement

No wonder my visa exemption stay is 45 days instead of the usual 30 days.

Thai government really wants more tourists to come Thailand and spend Rama 10 paper! :eek:

Did the covid vaccines changed the DNA of Thai people?
I can no longer sense as much hospitality from the land of smiles anymore.
Strange feeling. :confused:
Or maybe is my own DNA damage from CCP virus 555. :o

555 probably will not visit Thailand for 10 years. :cool:

fallen11
30-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Did the covid vaccines changed the DNA of Thai people?
I can no longer sense as much hospitality from the land of smiles anymore.
Strange feeling. :confused:
Or maybe is my own DNA damage from CCP virus 555. :o

most thais become very stressed now due to debts from covid period and high interest rates now.
thanks to CCP virus
hope they give those china tourists a good killing

TonyCheong2
31-01-2023, 01:21 AM
most thais become very stressed now due to debts from covid period and high interest rates now.
thanks to CCP virus
hope they give those china tourists a good killing

Thanks for the insight.

CCP virus has indeed caused many economic hardships for many countries.
This is totally understandable.

Tourism will not just recover overnight because many people lost their jobs and are broke due to the pandemic.

Jammed
31-01-2023, 11:44 AM
Just wondering guys, I heard ICA/NB is conducting random arrival checks for cannabis consumption from Thailand at Changi AP when we come back? Does anyone know? Some guys mentioned that they have dogs and also randomly just pull people aside when disembarking from the plane.

Doomas
31-01-2023, 02:10 PM
If you don't intentionally consume cannabis in Thailand then you need not worry about all these.

Just wondering guys, I heard ICA/NB is conducting random arrival checks for cannabis consumption from Thailand at Changi AP when we come back? Does anyone know? Some guys mentioned that they have dogs and also randomly just pull people aside when disembarking from the plane.

RumpRanger
31-01-2023, 06:28 PM
I came back from Bangkok about 12 days ago. When I cleared immigration and went to the baggage carousel the luggage from my plane still not in yet. It took longer than usual before the first batch arrived. After that another short delay before second batch.

IMO, I think checking for ganja is done behind the scene with some special equipment before the luggage is loaded to the carousel.

fallen11
31-01-2023, 08:32 PM

Random checks is the norm.
Heard its usual for people coming back from batam since dunno how many decades

fallen11
31-01-2023, 08:33 PM
If you don't intentionally consume cannabis in Thailand then you need not worry about all these.

This....
also dunno how to prove "unintentional".
they say it till like..... you need to prove your innocence, otherwise is guilty.
So dont bet on it either.

Ninja_Assassin
01-02-2023, 02:16 AM
This....
also dunno how to prove "unintentional".
they say it till like..... you need to prove your innocence, otherwise is guilty.
So dont bet on it either.

The law states a person is innocent until proven guilty...... but in reality our enforcement agencies takes the stance that you are presumed guilty unless you can prove your innocence.

Not worth to take the risk...... you never know which gila pankat officer may decide to fix you up.

fallen11
01-02-2023, 09:54 PM
The law states a person is innocent until proven guilty...... but in reality our enforcement agencies takes the stance that you are presumed guilty unless you can prove your innocence.

Not worth to take the risk...... you never know which gila pankat officer may decide to fix you up.

depends on which country ya

Ninja_Assassin
01-02-2023, 10:48 PM
depends on which country ya

I was referring to the little red dot...😉

shyATfirst
03-02-2023, 12:20 PM
Hi Bros, any idea is it still needed to submit SG Arrival Card before touching down here?

hellothis555
03-02-2023, 02:32 PM
Hi Bros, any idea is it still needed to submit SG Arrival Card before touching down here?

Read, https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore/sg-arrival-card

fallen11
03-02-2023, 03:16 PM

you can submit on the spot, just before entering immigration counter.

shyATfirst
05-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Read, https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore/sg-arrival-card

Thanks Bro

shyATfirst
05-02-2023, 10:50 PM
you can submit on the spot, just before entering immigration counter.

Thanks Bro

Sammerr
07-02-2023, 08:20 AM
Sorry off topic - Anyone successfully used Paylah to scan the thai QR codes? I tried but cannot. :confused:

mrpinkx
18-02-2023, 12:39 PM
Sorry off topic - Anyone successfully used Paylah to scan the thai QR codes? I tried but cannot. :confused:

Maybe the vendor Promptpay QR is not updated/changed, but in general, most promptpay are working

FanCheong
19-02-2023, 02:00 AM
Amy changes going in bkk this feb? need to do any pcr test?

robert3762poh
19-02-2023, 01:24 PM
Amy changes going in bkk this feb? need to do any pcr test?

No departure PCR required. Upon arrival just head to immigration. Just print your vaccination cert as there may be random checking.

Upon return, do go to airport earlier due to long queue at immigration.

rahimboy27
22-02-2023, 01:43 PM
Again what is so difficult to pay less than $50 to protect yourself from mishap? Anyway it is your life.

A lot always think, not so suay, it won't happen to me but if u fall ill, accident, etc and need to evacuate to SG.... all these need a lot of money, not just few thousands.... u are looking at 5 to 6 digits $$$$.
My friend family spent about 60k to get him back to SG from BKK.

BTW travel insurance does not only provide the above, there are more.

Below shared from, https://www.chubb.com/sg-en/articles/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost.html

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-1.png

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-2.png

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-3.png

https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/chubb-sites/chubb-com/sg-en/global/how-much-do-medical-repatriations-cost/images/medical-repatriations-case-4.png

oh well you are right. How about adding the travel insurance when buying the airticket? will that be good enough? coz its rather convenient to just add the insurance in while buying the ticket.

rahimboy27
22-02-2023, 01:44 PM

well the money is the needed for the people to survive...