PDA

View Full Version : Regalis Spa at North Bridge Road

ray922
13-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I saw this ad in The New Paper a few days ago.

Regalis Spa
765-767 North Bridge Road
Tel - 62981491

I called and the recept told me the the entrance is 52 (around there) and 1.5 hour of massage is 43 (around there). I think with facilities, including Internet, free food and drink etc.

This is run by PRC, I'm not too sure about extra service. My guess is yes.

The price is a bit steep for me, vitamin M running low. It'll cost close to $150
if service is provided. She told me that I can spend the whole day inside after I pay the entrance fees, but who would actually do that.

Interested bro can give it a try.

lblittlebear
13-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Do you mean it's $52 (entrance)+ $43 if we go there for massage?

Or the $52 entrance fee includes the massage fee ?

Either way, I think it's still very expensive unless the girls there are super syts and chio.

I saw this ad in The New Paper a few days ago.

Regalis Spa
765-767 North Bridge Road
Tel - 62981491

I called and the recept told me the the entrance is 52 (around there) and 1.5 hour of massage is 43 (around there). I think with facilities, including Internet, free food and drink etc.

This is run by PRC, I'm not too sure about extra service. My guess is yes.

The price is a bit steep for me, vitamin M running low. It'll cost close to $150
if service is provided. She told me that I can spend the whole day inside after I pay the entrance fees, but who would actually do that.

Interested bro can give it a try.

ray922
13-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Do you mean it's $52 (entrance)+ $43 if we go there for massage?

Or the $52 entrance fee includes the massage fee ?

Either way, I think it's still very expensive unless the girls there are super syts and chio.

Entrance is for facilities, food and beverages. Massage is not included.
You'll have to pay around $95 for all the blah blah blah and massage. It will be more expensive if extra is provided.

owen10
13-08-2008, 11:14 PM
if its 52+43, then its too ex liao. generally health centres here charge ard 50-80, n they throw in free food n cable tv too.

even if i can stay thr for whole day i oso wont want lah. buay sian meh! d most bros will stay in a HC for 2-3 hrs to eat n watch a dvd or soccer match i guess.

lblittlebear
13-08-2008, 11:27 PM
$95 ? Hahahaha what an expensive place ! And that excludes the extra ..

$52 for food and beverages ? I think I can have better buffet at Shangri-la.

Let's see how long it can last :)

You'll have to pay around $95 for all the blah blah blah and massage. It will be more expensive if extra is provided.

ray922
14-08-2008, 12:42 AM
$95 ? Hahahaha what an expensive place ! And that excludes the extra ..

$52 for food and beverages ? I think I can have better buffet at Shangri-la.

Let's see how long it can last :)

I'm not sure if they have hot pool or steam room, u may call to ask.

Reborn28
14-08-2008, 12:57 AM
wow. tat is really damn x... $100 for massage only. add a little more can take u to any HC + special already. :eek::eek::eek:

tiditoo
14-08-2008, 09:16 AM
With that price, i can top up another S$20-40 for a good massage-cum-FJ in most HCs or MPs, unless they are local SYT, or from exotic countries (eastern europe, east asian, etc)...

Somemore, run by PRC??!

Maybe is the Olympic pricing... they may do "stunts" on you... split-leg, 360 Degree forward-flip etc

SiPayChun
14-08-2008, 09:27 AM

bro thanks for your info on this spa.
Its actually worthwhile for me cos I am comission based thus need to spend a lot of time outside, considering if 2 meals provided lunch n dinner, its actually worth to go once of twice a week . I am currently hanging out at starbucks through the day and my coffee and meals add up to $30 daily.
Logically its expensive if you go everyday but once or twice a week should be reasonable enough.To stay sane in this dog eat dog world maybe its a way to relax for health benefits.furthermore I can do without the massage cos I got regular FB.

up u brother for this info.

bangbangben
14-08-2008, 10:45 AM
erm...

i tot GF and Badminton hall also around same pricing... :confused:
90mins massage normally around this price if at HC mah.

ps. points donated for sharing information.

ray922
14-08-2008, 10:06 PM
bro thanks for your info on this spa.
Its actually worthwhile for me cos I am comission based thus need to spend a lot of time outside, considering if 2 meals provided lunch n dinner, its actually worth to go once of twice a week . I am currently hanging out at starbucks through the day and my coffee and meals add up to $30 daily.
Logically its expensive if you go everyday but once or twice a week should be reasonable enough.To stay sane in this dog eat dog world maybe its a way to relax for health benefits.furthermore I can do without the massage cos I got regular FB.

up u brother for this info.

Hmm.. maybe you can try and feedback to us. BTW, my friend called them and confirmed that the price is actually $58 (entrance, food is buffet) + 48 (1.5 hour massage) = $106 :eek:, and this is the price for clean massage only.

The place look pretty "Cina" when we drove past today. The funny part is their ad in New paper stated "China Big Investment Spa - Regalis Spa", haha.

I'm really intrigued to try to find out but.. my big head is discipline enough to stop me so far.

Bro SipayChun, maybe you will be our first tester. :p

Thanks for the point!

lblittlebear
14-08-2008, 10:13 PM
If that's the price, don't think it will be just $50 for HJ.

Easily costs > $200. Hehehe more expensive than soapy massage ...

Hmm.. maybe you can try and feedback to us. BTW, my friend called them and confirmed that the price is actually $58 (entrance, food is buffet) + 48 (1.5 hour massage) = $106 :eek:, and this is the price for clean massage only.

The place look pretty "Cina" when we drove past today. The funny part is their ad in New paper stated "China Big Investment Spa - Regalis Spa", haha.

I'm really intrigued to try to find out but.. my big head is discipline enough to stop me so far.

Thanks for the point!

notsonewbird
14-08-2008, 10:16 PM
WA! :eek:
they misquote RMB is it? :D

seeknewss
15-08-2008, 12:35 PM
$58 for food buffet !! Another ripoff. Like one bro said, might as well go to high end hotel buffet :eek:

unger
15-08-2008, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the point!

Bro, this place is like juicer!!!!!!!!!!!! only have decent massage so expensive.
At first i thought can request for the girl to have hot pool, sauna and steam bath together. Now it seem to be only digging money. Worst than day light robbery.

sexper
15-08-2008, 01:01 PM
erm...

i tot GF and Badminton hall also around same pricing... :confused:
90mins massage normally around this price if at HC mah.

ps. points donated for sharing information.

Badminton hall still have meh, I tot got few years liao

lblittlebear
15-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Give them 3 months, probably start dropping prices unless they are well supported by many Carrot Heads.

Chop, Chop, wow, so many Carrot Heads meh ?

Bro, this place is like juicer!!!!!!!!!!!! only have decent massage so expensive.
At first i thought can request for the girl to have hot pool, sauna and steam bath together. Now it seem to be only digging money. Worst than day light robbery.

ray922
17-08-2008, 04:56 PM
$58 for food buffet !! Another ripoff. Like one bro said, might as well go to high end hotel buffet :eek:

To be fair, the normal rate for 1.5 hours massage should be $60 (let's make it $70 for them assuming they have better environment).

It still means that the buffet is $36 :eek:. I don't really think they can provide anything worth that money since the traffic will be so low.

Bro SipayChun, have you tried out the place? Please write a clear FR if you have tested as you intended to. Thanks in advance.

Flying Condor
17-08-2008, 04:59 PM
pass by this place but did not go in. Think it's just 2 expensive and not sure what u going to get.

Naka_Timo
17-08-2008, 09:56 PM
This place is more for leisure and also relaxing massage.

ray922
18-08-2008, 12:41 AM
This place is more for leisure and also relaxing massage.

Hi bro, you tried this place before? Care to post a FR? Thanks

MrAnMo
18-08-2008, 06:08 PM
i have not try this place. but they invited me inside while stop by to ask few weeks back. will be dissapointed for all bros
the marketing manager told me this is the same concept as seen in china
its a family type of relaxing place. no hanky panky. that time she told me was $68 for 1 hour massage + free food and usage of facilities. this place exclude jacuzzi and sauna. they are planning for a sauna but not jacuzzi. its family oriented spa. can forget about all those hanky panky.

good points
-for those who like massage and foot massage this can be the place
-free food and internet
-good comfortable adjustable sofa and individual tv.

bad points
-no special services

Naka_Timo
21-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi bro, you tried this place before? Care to post a FR? Thanks

Nope, never try b 4, juz tat i happen to pass by the the woman ask me go in and talk a lot to me, counter gal look quite chio syt look, the 1 who talk to me i think is the boss, MILF look.. not bad, i think this place quite classy so should not have any special..correct me if i m wrong abt it.

yjmteen
21-08-2008, 03:55 PM
passed the place earlier, did some survey. entrance is 58, 90min is 48. tot of taking only massage n the price is 68per hour :p

ray922
21-08-2008, 10:20 PM
passed the place earlier, did some survey. entrance is 58, 90min is 48. tot of taking only massage n the price is 68per hour :p

ohh. u mean they allow u to take only massage without paying the entrance fees? Can I assume that u r not allowed to use the facilities (not that many to begin with) if u r not paying the entrance?

JediMaster
24-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Just tried out the place.
This is a discent place with no hanky panky. So for bros looking for a 'good time', you can pass on this.
The entrance cost is $68 and not $58, just went up by $10. Deco is good and service is fine. Place has 3 storey. 1st floor is reception and some relax chairs with personnal TV. At the side is for foot soaking with herbs. Shower area and a small sauna cubical has been added recently, for male and female guest.
Second floor is more relax chairs and dinning area (only 2 tables with 4 chairs). Just outside is the smoking area with more table sand chairs with a DVD player and TV. Everything is free, ie food and drinks. Food can be considered bad. There is fried rice, plain porriage and soup. The rest are dried stuff that the staff will cook for you, eg. mee with vege, chicken wings, hot dogs, etc. No fried or oily cooking as there is no kitchen. There are cookies, chips, fruits, etc. Fruit juice is also available fresh. 4 massage chairs (indoor) are available with some exercise equipment outside the smoking area. 2 computers with internet access (I am writing now using their terminal).
Third floor is pathetic. 5 massage beds (or so call) available but is small and space is tight. Massage skill is ok as all of them have certs. Cost of massage or foot is $48 per 1.5 hr on top of the entrance fee. There are other items available at higher cost, eg facial, etc.
VIP member can access the place 24hr.
Boss according to the staff is a China lady who has a son studying in SG. She invested about S$2M, something to work on while company her boy. She is boss in CN of restaurant, and some other businesses I cannot recall. She brought some of her staff with her. Currently there are about 5 staff providing massage services and 1 or 2 for foot.
Dun think I will come back unless they improve on the following :

1. Food. Need to have a kitchen to cook and provide customer with more options.
2. Massage area and staff. Cannot compare to badminton hall spa or hot spa at Katong, though deco is much better.
3. Sauna, steam and pools. There is only one small sauna cube that I think can take at most 2 skinny guys. Is even smaller than BKK Caesar VIP room sauna. No pool or steam.
4. Others, rest area lighting need to dim more, is too bright. The rest area downstair needs to be curtain-ed as no one will rest there as any customer walking in and out will see you snore while sleeping. Cable programs, at least sports or DVD movies should be available.

I do not know how long the place can last but with the above improvement, I will consider to visit despite the higher cost. Else, for a price of $68 + $48 for a good massage and relax place, I will rather visit other discent spa like hot spa. Concept is good but place is wrong and other details is not taken care of. Boss should do more survey before setting up...

JediMaster
24-08-2008, 09:45 PM
btw, their web page :

http://www.regalisspa.com/

wired72
23-09-2008, 11:52 AM
My office is 2 streets down from Regalis so it my pleasure to give you guys the low down on the place.

I visited once paid $50+++ with foot reflex and some touch touch full buffet serving mostly fruits never try cos i think not fresh. It a very china concept like "po zhi ling" but fail.

THIS PLACE IS 100% CLEAN ONLY GOT AUNTIES AND UNCLES TO SERVE U

Tried the place a second time price increase but this is what pissed me off

Paid the entrance fee, did the foot reflex than on the way out ask to pay again for the foot reflex. Huh con you to think that the entrance fee include everything but hit you on the way out.

Give this place a miss......

Cytan7
23-09-2008, 06:55 PM
$52 (entrance) + $43 massage is too expensive already. No doubt the interior is not bad, but still not worth it.

owen10
24-09-2008, 01:09 AM
after reading so much feedback fr bros here, i thk this plc shd b given a miss. i dun underst y we shd pay an 'entrace fee' when they dun have much amenities. internet is cheap, d so called buffet does nt cost much. N since there r no SYTs to ogle at, i dun thk many bros wd want to stay in d plc for more than 2 hrs.

anyways, d lao ban niang is rich lah. got lotsa cash to burn. but i feel if she wants to make $$$, it'll b better for her to operate a HC with SYTs ... somethg like d former 'zhong nan hai' concept in KL. :D

ray922
15-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Passed by this place in a bus today, the name has been changed to Eco Spa Deluxe. The deco outside still look the same though, I hope the management and pricing has been changed; if not, the outcome will be the same as its predecessor.

Has anyone here tried this place before?

newyorker88
15-07-2009, 01:01 PM
$58 for food buffet !! Another ripoff. Like one bro said, might as well go to high end hotel buffet

58 dollars for food? I think I can get better deals else where.

Naka_Timo
15-07-2009, 01:02 PM

Bro actually the spa pattern got a bit like btm sport massage centre. U think so?

takashitei
15-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Seriously who will pay that kinda of money for massage and food? I think hot spa and health spa are better and of cos cheaper.

ray922
15-07-2009, 11:15 PM

That was the price when the place was still called Regalis; I'm not sure what's the price now.

I went into the old place before to check it out but did not take up the offer as I thought they were nuts to price it so high given the place is so "Cina", and wasn't really high class.

JediMaster
19-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Bros,

Seems that all bros are complaining about price.
Just to share my opinion.
There are different type n concept of spa.

1. Beauty spa which does more than massage.
2. Clean spa like hot spa, health spa (old badminton hall), etc.
3. Clean n hanky panky spa like gold finger.
4. Hanky panky spa like aiko spa
5. Massage joint

Each of these have diff pricing n u cannot compare them. #2 pricing is about $100 plus minus a bit for 1.5 hr massage n using of facilities. #4 entrance fee are lower about $40, special not inclusive n normally just have coffe or bread. They are spa that u just hit n run. I am regular of #2 but I go all type except 1. Once u know the nature of each, u can then compare price n service apple to apple.

Having said that, I will still pass on this place, not because of the price but of the reason stated in my old post inthis same thread. As of how cina is not an issue. Almost all spa in Shenzhen have the same nature, except space, facilities, services, etc are million times better ( but still no special...:), under some unique situation may have). If I am in Shenzhen, I will go everyday ( me hardcore for spa type)!!! Anyway, going next week, YES!!!

ranking
19-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Bro jedi,i agree with your above reasoning but this place charge far too high.