PDA

View Full Version : Hotel 81's $10 membership fee can be waived

Xgenre
29-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Just wanted to share my experience. I went to book Violet81 to enjoy Apple's massage. When I went to the counter to get the room, the pretty girl at the counter scanned my ic. She told me since this is my first time to H81, I need to pay $10 as membership fee. I was very surprised as I've visited H81 a few times. In fact, this was my 3rd visit to V81.

Remembering that some bros posted here that the staff will act blur to get you to pay an additional $10 after you are already a member, I told her firmly that I've been to V81 before. This is my 3rd visit. So how can I be a new first-timer? She looked quite stunned by the way I replied. Act blur act blur and blame the database. She said they shifted their database to a new server recently and the information may be lost.

So it left me wondering. If any newbie to H81 were to insist at the counter that they are repeat H81 from 1-3 years ago, your $10 membership fee may be waived. Just insist that your information was lost when they recently migrated their database and I think there's a high chance you don't even have to pay the $10. Try and see.

weisianz
29-07-2008, 09:26 AM
lol.. bro xgenre.. will give it a try if they chu this stunt on me.. haha

beck7777
29-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Paid mine once and so far, no staffs have ask again if I wanna be member despite going to many different 81 :D

tenggiri
29-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Paid mine once and so far, no staffs have ask again if I wanna be member despite going to many different 81 :D

Me so far also never encountered the receptionist asking me to join again out of the many occasions i ve used hotels 81. I paid $10 at lavender81 one year plus ago and so far so good leh.

rapebill
29-07-2008, 09:51 AM
actually I found that the H81 membership is value-for-money.
Check-in and check-out so fast.

HughGrant
29-07-2008, 10:37 AM
excuse me for this dumb q, but what are the perks for membership?
is it compulsory to be a member to check-in? dont be a member can or not?

Frankiestine
29-07-2008, 11:21 AM

no need to put deposit that all and save time filling up forms at the counter....time saved which could be better used in bed..:D

sleaguepunter
29-07-2008, 11:52 AM
i had my membership done in joo chiat at 2001. that time it FOC, no need registeration fee of $10. since then i been to many H81 branches, never once they pull this "$10 membership bulls**t" on me.;)

hang37
29-07-2008, 01:19 PM
hope newbie won't use this trick to pull off.. you can claim back if u dun want to join, not big issue here..
anyway you already paid almost 100 to bonk and wat is 10 buck to become a member...

Xgenre
30-07-2008, 08:15 AM
hope newbie won't use this trick to pull off.. you can claim back if u dun want to join, not big issue here..
anyway you already paid almost 100 to bonk and wat is 10 buck to become a member...

Membership can claim back is it? So if I want to, I can get back my $10 from H81? I think you missed my point. It's not about the $10. I agree with you that $10, as a one-off fee, isn't a big issue. What I'm trying to highlight is an opportunity. Whether to use this opportunity of not is up to you.

If you walk on the street and you see a 1 dollar coin on the floor, will you bend to pick it up and keep it? If you will, ask yourself why. Considering how much we earn, we probably earn thousand over more times the $1 coin, why do we pick up the coin? Most of us will pick it up because the opportunity presents itself, not because $1 will make a difference to our lives. I wrote this thread to highlight a situation where an opportunity presents itself in H81, not because saving $10 is such a big deal.

natsuki
30-07-2008, 08:36 AM

Membership means u contribute a little part for the emplyees and company.. Without the 10 bucks they collected, they might not have enuff pay, u might not have Tissue Box, Super cup noodles, Milo packet, Coffee packet, Mineral Water, Shower Cap, Toothbrushes and comb... den the facilities maybe wun be so nice liao lo... Aiyah... Have membership anot oso lik tat, if not membership den u nid to pay deposit lo... Members den no need deposit lo... So if u exceed the time usuage right, the overtime charges will be deduct from the deposit lo if u not member... If u member den they wun collect deposit lo, they will only charge u when u checking out lo... Not much diff...

It's not compulsory for member to check in, but if u r a member cuz u pay that 10 bucks, the front desk might be grateful to u for signing up, den they will let ur room be ready earlier...If u dun wanna be a member oso can la... But den the room u get might be smaller lo... Waiting time longer lo... Ermm... I just raising out my point.. Dun get offended if i say anytime wrong k? Morning~ :)

HughGrant
30-07-2008, 08:41 AM
It's not compulsory for member to check in, but if u r a member cuz u pay that 10 bucks, the front desk might be grateful to u for signing up, den they will let ur room be ready earlier...If u dun wanna be a member oso can la... But den the room u get might be smaller lo... Waiting time longer lo... Ermm... I just raising out my point.. Dun get offended if i say anytime wrong k? Morning~ :)

txs for yr verification. Also txs to the rest of the bros for answering.

my main pt is not about the $10. I dont want to risk the situation where someone can go and check up on me and find out that i am a member of H81 chain of hotels :D

natsuki
30-07-2008, 08:49 AM
txs for yr verification. Also txs to the rest of the bros for answering.

my main pt is not about the $10. I dont want to risk the situation where someone can go and check up on me and find out that i am a member of H81 chain of hotels :D

Welcome... Unless u have frens or relative working there, else i dun think u can be so ezily hunt down in the 81s... i'm a member myself, i find it ok lei... Have no problems with it... but once u book the room in the 81s b4, and they have ur ic number, i think ur data could still be found. So... Never tell ppl ur ic number... :)

lolly pop
30-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Not a member, just be a member, $10.00 nia ..., definitely better off then not being member .... else why so many bros just pay ... if go there often enuff, can even asked for your favourite room ...

If a member already and asked by them to pay again .... dont pay just tell them you already member ....

OldWulf
30-07-2008, 11:58 AM
my suggestion ask them for a receipt if u join their member.

cbljan
30-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Membership means u contribute a little part for the emplyees and company.. Without the 10 bucks they collected, they might not have enuff pay, u might not have Tissue Box, Super cup noodles, Milo packet, Coffee packet, Mineral Water, Shower Cap, Toothbrushes and comb... den the facilities maybe wun be so nice liao lo... Aiyah... Have membership anot oso lik tat, if not membership den u nid to pay deposit lo... Members den no need deposit lo... So if u exceed the time usuage right, the overtime charges will be deduct from the deposit lo if u not member... If u member den they wun collect deposit lo, they will only charge u when u checking out lo... Not much diff...
... SNAP ...

Do you mean those Super cup noodles, Milo packet, Coffee packet, Mineral Water ... are complementary? ;P

hang37
30-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Do you mean those Super cup noodles, Milo packet, Coffee packet, Mineral Water ... are complementary? ;P

yes its free... help yourself....:D

Frankiestine
30-07-2008, 04:07 PM

Huh why do you think they put it there....pai swee? of cos it for you to eat after the first round so you can recharge for the second round...:p

et911
30-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Membership means u contribute a little part for the emplyees and company.. Without the 10 bucks they collected, they might not have enuff pay......

Bro, I beg to differ. If you count how many people actually uses H81 for their short time, it adds up. If you calculate how many times the rooms are turnover per day, you will roughly end up with the takings of a 4 star hotel, PER DAY.

Dont forget not only cheongsters use the hotel, lovers, couples use the chain too. How many times you have been told rooms are full, you got to wait? Bro, the money they are making are crazy, and if that cannot pay the employees and company, why are they opening so many branches?

The hotel owes it to its customers to serve them right, by providing the facilities, the cleanliness etc. While $20 - $30 is not a big sum to pay for short time booking, we did in fact pay for the usage of only 1hour plus, max 2hours. I seriously wonder how many bros actually take the noodles, milo etc., I for one dont.

Dont get me wrong, I am a member too. But the argument that they are collecting the membership fee for facilities and to pay their employees and such are wrong, they are already covered in the $20 - $30 you pay for the room use. It is just another way to get extra money out of us.

Pai seh, got a bit carried away.. :D:D

redlord
30-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Great one ,natsuki .....takecare :)

Frankiestine
30-07-2008, 04:33 PM
bro et911, nat ain't no bro...she is one boobilicious gal..:p

natsuki
30-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Do you mean those Super cup noodles, Milo packet, Coffee packet, Mineral Water ... are complementary?

Yes... Complementary... =)

Bro, I beg to differ. If you count how many people actually uses H81 for their short time, it adds up. If you calculate how many times the rooms are turnover per day, you will roughly end up with the takings of a 4 star hotel, PER DAY.
Pai seh, got a bit carried away.. :D

Bro.. I'm a girl lei... Aiyah.. i talk nonsense nia... Dun get offened k? The rest understand la... End of the day, they jus simply wanna earn more from ppl who checked in... ;) it's ok... carried away liao den come back lo...

Great one ,natsuki .....takecare :)

Thanks.. U take care too wor. :)

bro et911, nat ain't no bro...she is one boobilicious gal..

Yeah man! Hi papa! Muackz! Miss ya man! ^ ^ V

et911
30-07-2008, 06:50 PM
bro et911, nat ain't no bro...she is one boobilicious gal..:p

Si meh?? Kaoz, pai seh pai seh.. :p

et911
30-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Bro.. I'm a girl lei... Aiyah.. i talk nonsense nia... Dun get offened k? The rest understand la... End of the day, they jus simply wanna earn more from ppl who checked in... ;) it's ok... carried away liao den come back lo...

Sorli sorli, didnt realize it, so pai seh. Absolutely no offence taken, just sharing views, everyone is entitled to hers or his.

I buy you dinner to compensate.. kekeke.. :p

natsuki
30-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Sorli sorli, didnt realize it, so pai seh. Absolutely no offence taken, just sharing views, everyone is entitled to hers or his.

I buy you dinner to compensate.. kekeke.. :p

Haha.. it's okie la... Alot ppl oso dunnoe i'm a girl... Somemore dunnoe my avatar is actually me oso... :D

lacoruna69
30-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I paid $10 a few years ago and since then they never bother me after going to so many H81. If you don't pay $10, they will keep pestering you on EVERY H81.
Not much use lah. Only no need to pay deposit.
Sometimes if you are in a hurry to check out, you might forget to collect deposit if you are not a member. They will act blur one. Won't remind you. Happened to me once before I become member. Only realised it when I reached home.......

wudi
30-07-2008, 09:19 PM
joined H81 membership at joo chiat when visited it 2 yrs ago. since then its hassel free fast check in fast check out late abit check out also won't say anything but i did apologised. i think its worth to sign up. :)

lacoruna69
30-07-2008, 09:22 PM
joined H81 membership at joo chiat when visited it 2 yrs ago. since then its hassel free fast check in fast check out late abit check out also won't say anything but i did apologised. i think its worth to sign up.

Yes, sometimes I check out late (10 to 15 mins) at GL H81, they never fine me. The worst is K***n81. Late a bit only straight away fine $10. Happened to me twice. KNNBCCB. Very pissed off with the staff there. I swore never visit that 81 liao.:mad:

zenarc
30-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Me too so far so good...my fav still joo chiat, tri star, bencoleen..$10.00 after 3 years still good

superchevy
30-07-2008, 09:55 PM
ya not all i kana lavender also charge me extra....:cool: some are f..er wan.
changi 81 wan not bad.
cheers

KingEros
31-07-2008, 01:13 AM
What I'm trying to highlight is an opportunity. Whether to use this opportunity of not is up to you.
Opportunity ... to cheat?
Why so cheapskate? :rolleyes:

If you walk on the street and you see a 1 dollar coin on the floor, will you bend to pick it up and keep it? If you will, ask yourself why.
On the contrary, this is totally acceptable ... since there was no element of cheating. ;)

I told her firmly that I've been to V81 before. This is my 3rd visit. So how can I be a new first-timer? She looked quite stunned by the way I replied. Act blur act blur and blame the database. She said they shifted their database to a new server recently and the information may be lost.
Just like it was perfectly acceptable for you to take your stand & state your case. :)

For the record, I've also joined as member since eons ago ... when they actually issued a phone card or calendar card (can't really remember now), which they were smart enough to do away with shortly after. All these years, I never have any problems from the counter staff with just wanting my signature, no matter which branch I patronise.
My take ... either you dun visit H81 often enough or that counter staff simply didn't like your face. :D

KingEros
31-07-2008, 01:17 AM
The worst is K***n81. Late a bit only straight away fine $10. Happened to me twice. KNNBCCB.
Agree, stopped going to Kovan liao.
My previous 2 times there had me seeing more than a few couples seated in their lobby waiting, not to mention more couples actually waiting at the corner coffee shop ... maybe that's why they so stuck up. Then again, they are the only budget hotel catering to the entire North & North-East of the island ... no? :D

tenggiri
31-07-2008, 01:31 AM
M Then again, they are the only budget hotel catering to the entire North & North-East of the island ... no? :D

There's a fragrance hotel next to kovan81 i believe. :)

But there's another point i wanna raise is that for hotel 81members, we get a $10 discount for overnite room rates every time we book. Another moot point for joining as a member. cheers.

lolly pop
31-07-2008, 08:28 AM
My previous 2 times there had me seeing more than a few couples seated in their lobby waiting, not to mention more couples actually waiting at the corner coffee shop ... maybe that's why they so stuck up. Then again, they are the only budget hotel catering to the entire North & North-East of the island ... no? :D

Haha, bro maybe you go there when they peak period .... I din hv problem with them ... but I suppose of late abit they charge you then is a problem. My experience is they will call first just before you exceed the timing ..

natsuki
31-07-2008, 08:43 AM

Hmm.. Now almost all 81 will have a Fragrance side by side or near by lo.. Unless u talk about places like Bencoolen and Bugis, i think the land ard that area is quite hard to get lo... I only knw Selegie now got new 81 next to Fragrance. I read the newspaper. Their advertisement there put : If u r not satisfy abt the room, u may check out within the 10/15 mins u checked in... :)

HughGrant
31-07-2008, 10:00 AM
slight digression here... any hotel in the central area to recomm ?

sleaguepunter
31-07-2008, 11:07 AM
For the record, I've also joined as member since eons ago ... when they actually issued a phone card or calendar card (can't really remember now), which they were smart enough to do away with shortly after.

i see u also a h81 old bird, i also had one of those white color phone card type membership card with H81 printed on it. Apparently must be married men kenna caught by wives for having such a card that the H81 management do away with it.:D

et911
31-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Apparently must be married men kenna caught by wives for having such a card that the H81 management do away with it.:D

Exactly! I was almost caught twice! Lucky manage to wriggle my way out. :( :o

KingEros
31-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Exactly! I was almost caught twice! Lucky manage to wriggle my way out. :( :o
See? It's all about the $10 again ...
I actually remember witnessing 2 guys disposing their cards straightaway ... one returned back to the counter while the other dumped it into the dustbin.
When cheonging, always do risk assessment ... :D :D

cbljan
31-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks hang37, Frankestine & natsuki for answering my query.

natsuki
31-07-2008, 08:21 PM
slight digression here... any hotel in the central area to recomm ?

U wan 81s or slightly expensive ones? Transit or Overnight? :) U wan deposit or dun wan pay deposit? :p

Thanks hang37, Frankestine & natsuki for answering my query.

U r welcome... ;) Enjoy the forum... U will get to know more and more knowledge too... Heehee~ :p

gee@sg
31-07-2008, 08:48 PM
by way, recently transit for 2 hours at 81 chinatown.

was charged $30.

is it the standard rate?

et911
31-07-2008, 08:48 PM
See? It's all about the $10 again ...

Correct me if I am wrong, if I remember correctly, that time the "member" card also costs $10 no? It has been so many years, forgotten totally about whether I did pay or not.

birdie8819
31-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, if I remember correctly, that time the "member" card also costs $10 no? It has been so many years, forgotten totally about whether I did pay or not.

Me too also forgot whether got pay many years back bo . I've always go to Kovan or Lavender , no problem for me only pay $20 bucks just by screening my IC niah leh ...... duno how cum some bro's got to pay $10 extra .

As for Kovan try to avoid weekdays night time esprcially friday night long Q man ..... as for weekends surely full one waiting time is always at least 1/2 hour (I suspet they only open a handful of rooms for those 2 hours usage only) and you can hear the counter staff counting the number of people checking in .

pokeman71
31-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Just their another way of making money. Member or non member, I still need to wait for room.

HughGrant
31-07-2008, 09:12 PM
U wan 81s or slightly expensive ones? Transit or Overnight? :) U wan deposit or dun wan pay deposit? :p

any hotel for transit , preferably cheap but not too dirty type :)

natsuki
31-07-2008, 10:11 PM
any hotel for transit , preferably cheap but not too dirty type :)

Hmmm.. I think there's another thread for Budget Hotels. Think Bugis 81/Cosy 81/Bencoolen 81 all not bad lei... Somemore all got back door.... :D

hang37
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM

But there's another point i wanna raise is that for hotel 81members, we get a $10 discount for overnite room rates every time we book. Another moot point for joining as a member. cheers.

yup, fragrance is juz beside...

hang37
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Just their another way of making money. Member or non member, I still need to wait for room.

think the waiting time will be shorter.. normally they will tell u half an hr but normally i get it ard 10min... but those in front of me are still waiting...

Hong Qigong
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Hotel 81 just perfect for old bones like me ho ho. But I think so far my visits to H81, they have not asked me to sign up again yet.

FYI, Longest Q for H81 are at lor 11 and lor10. hoho.

dragon5
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
too bad i signed up already..no chance to try this new trick..can recommend to my friends.but i saw in another thread still ask u to pay on late checkout by 10-15min late at kovan81 though u have the membership already...ridiculous..

jdi813
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
been a member for like dunno how many donkey years liao and gone almost all the H81 new and old ... but so far neber happened to me before leh ... smlj database problem ???

Enstein
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
yup, fragrance is juz beside...

Fragrance is easier to get room. Nowadays H81 Kovan quite difficult to get room and the recep also very arrogant.

kukumalu
01-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Fragrance is easier to get room. Nowadays H81 Kovan quite difficult to get room and the recep also very arrogant.

Totally agreed on the recept attitude..

jon2000sg
01-08-2008, 07:54 PM
the m'ship fee can wavied the $20 deposit

very convenient actually !

lacoruna69
02-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Haha, bro maybe you go there when they peak period .... I din hv problem with them ... but I suppose of late abit they charge you then is a problem. My experience is they will call first just before you exceed the timing ..

No. You are wrong. I was a member already when I try out K81. Was thinking they would keep one eye close since I exceeded by less than 15 mins. But the lady staff insisted I pay the $10 fine. I tried to argue they never call to inform me (they really didn't). But she said I should have requested for this call reminder service upfront when I checked in. In the end, I just throw the $ on the counter and walked off to show my displeasure :mad:

The 2nd time, I was more careful. Asked for call reminder service upon check in. No one call and I thought I'm ok. Even late, I'm quite sure it will only by less than 5 mins. Throw the key at the guy staff and walk out. After some way, the guy came out the hotel and called out to me, in full view of everyone! He showed me the card stating i checked out late and want the $10 fine. KNN. Pay him as I do not wish to make a scene outside the hotel.

The point is since I am a member they should have given some leeway. At least got some benefits mah.
Well, won't be visiting this hotel ever again! Pui!

conjurer
02-08-2008, 07:59 AM
The point is since I am a member they should have given some leeway. At least got some benefits mah.
Well, won't be visiting this hotel ever again! Pui!

Personally, i feel it is only fair they give a grace time period of 10 mins for checking out specially for Hotel 81 members.

Have u ever experienced the lift being used by the housekeeping staff to go from one floor to another ?

Have you ever experienced some big 81 only have one lift and it takes a long time to come down ?

Have you ever experienced they make you register and pay, scan the blue chit and then tell you to wait a while for the key ?

Not sure about our bros here but on each occasion a kena few times.

I am not sure what their protocol is. Some outlets will close one eye for 10 - 15 mins late. I ever kena late 1 min being charged $10 and was super piss off and that was in one of the biggest outlets in GL. Totally inflexible.

lacoruna69
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Have you ever experienced they make you register and pay, scan the blue chit and then tell you to wait a while for the key ?

Not sure about our bros here but on each occasion a kena few times.

I ever kena late 1 min being charged $10 and was super piss off and that was in one of the biggest outlets in GL. Totally inflexible.

So far I never kenna the 'wait a while' shit. I will show black face if they don't declare upfront there is no immediate rooms when I asked.

Mind telling us which GL hotel this is? I will skip this one.

et911
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Personally, i feel it is only fair they give a grace time period of 10 mins for checking out specially for Hotel 81 members.
Membership is another way the hotel makes money, that's all. What special treatment? We still get the same as non-members. From what I understand, each branch treats their own customers differently. Talk about ISO standards. :cool:

zhutou12
02-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Membership is another way the hotel makes money, that's all. What special treatment? We still get the same as non-members. From what I understand, each branch treats their own customers differently. Talk about ISO standards. :cool:

Agree bro.... still paying for the same rate.....be it short time or overnight.:mad:

et911
04-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Agree bro.... still paying for the same rate.....be it short time or overnight.:mad:

Ya, didnt know where the member $10 discount for overnight came from. From what I know, as long as you have a SG I/C, you get the discount, member or otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong please. :)

Kunotz
04-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Not that I know of ....

HuiGe3387
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Ya, didnt know where the member $10 discount for overnight came from. From what I know, as long as you have a SG I/C, you get the discount, member or otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong please. :)
I was once told sometime last year that members enjoy $10 discount for booking room full day.

Prostate Intact
05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Hope the mgt of H81 has read the 64 posts before mine! Free feedback dude!

There was once I had to wait for a room(cannot remember which 81 liao). When it was ready, the recep called out my FULL name very loudly! KNN sheepishly I walked towards the counter to collect my key. All those who were waiting at the lobby knew TAN AH TECK(eg lah) was about to check-in with his chick man! I told that idiot I was not sick and that wasn't a clinic either!:mad:

H81 better do some training for your staff OK!!!

et911
05-08-2008, 10:26 AM
I was once told sometime last year that members enjoy $10 discount for booking room full day.

From what I know, my friend who is not a member, booked a room for himself and his galfriend for overnight and he was given $10 discount too. Information on this is definitely not clear.

Any bros got similar experience on this? Only member gets $10 discount or any SG I/C holders get the discount? From what I know, if you are foreigner, you are not entitled to the discount (the same friend's galfriend is from Malaysia, she wanted to check in but was told by the front desk if my friend check in it would be $10 cheaper).

Hope the mgt of H81 has read the 64 posts before mine! Free feedback dude!

There was once I had to wait for a room(cannot remember which 81 liao). When it was ready, the recep called out my FULL name very loudly! KNN sheepishly I walked towards the counter to collect my key. All those who were waiting at the lobby knew TAN AH TECK(eg lah) was about to check-in with his chick man! I told that idiot I was not sick and that wasn't a clinic either!:mad:

Kaoz, happened to you too? I kena once when I had a WL with me, nbz, the people at the front lobby all know my name after that! :mad:

Why cant they say "Mr Tan" or whatever? Really poorly trained staff, speaks very much of their management.

H81 better do some training for your staff OK!!!

Dont think they bother bro, they are now too big and in Singapore there are too many horny people around. :D

asdfghjkl
05-08-2008, 10:21 PM

card holder is true, look here.

http://www.hotel81.com.sg/images/card.jpg

Shim
06-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Just went to Kovan yesterday after 1 year break ... din ask for deposit fm me ... :D

Xgenre
06-08-2008, 10:26 AM
anyway i can't believe this thread can become 5 pages....v long siah..free advert for H81

I must say I share your sentiment. When I started this thread, I just wanted to share an idea and let off some frustration. Turns out... It seems I poked a pimple on everyone's backs. Seems like a lot of people are frustrated by H81's practices.

I think the $10 card discount as shown on the website is because H81 originally intended to attract students and budget travellers. Ended up attracting PRC female students... :D

I still remember H81's advertisements... quite funny. Trying to shake away its sleazy image... I guess they forgot to look at the roads in geylang where the hotels are located.

Bonn
06-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Just went to Kovan yesterday after 1 year break ... din ask for deposit fm me ... :D

I think your record is still with them so they will check their system data and if you are member (paid membership before) then they will not ask for deposit.

But their system quite screw-up type. My first time go to Kovan and the recep ask me to pay deposit or $10 for membership.

I was informed that I need not to pay any deposit for subsequent visits if I join as member now. So I joined as member. The next time I go to Lavender, they check and say I am not member and ask me to pay deposit. :(

I told them I already joined as member then they ask me which branch did I paid my membership? Then the recep called Kovan and confimed my membership. I find it so strange that their database is not common among the branches. How can such things still happen with modern IT tech nowadays. The database should be stored in a common server which can be accessed by all the branches, right? Like that everytime I go to another branch for the first time I have to ask them to call Kovan again. :(

Did any bros here encounter the same problem? :rolleyes:

et911
06-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I still remember H81's advertisements... quite funny. Trying to shake away its sleazy image... I guess they forgot to look at the roads in geylang where the hotels are located.

H81 will always be a shot-time hotel in the minds of a lot of locals, foreigners alike. However they try to change the image, it will not change the impressions we have of the hotel. It is not just the location.

Without the shot-time businesses, they probably would not have grown so big so fast.

Frankiestine
06-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Without the shot-time businesses, they probably would not have grown so big so fast.

the boss of H81 hit a gold mine when he discovered that there are actually many fuckers (literally) out there looking for a safe and convenient place to bonk...:p

Boyle
06-08-2008, 12:46 PM
H81 will always be a shot-time hotel in the minds of a lot of locals, foreigners alike. However they try to change the image, it will not change the impressions we have of the hotel. It is not just the location.

Ya, agree, especially the locations most of the branches are situated. They can change the service or the renovations but the location is difficult to change. The human traffic is still the same.

zhutou12
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM

Hmmm bo leh.....I booked for overnite in last mth near lav..H81 violet.. still pay for 119plus (wkend).... althought the room was nicely renovated with a nice bench near the window where you can rest on it.... and a see thru glass in the shower room... this impresses me where you can see your gal bathing...:D furthermore quite discreet where you can park your ride behind the lane and enter from back door....:p

Kiru
07-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I think your record is still with them so they will check their system data and if you are member (paid membership before) then .....................

Did any bros here encounter the same problem? :rolleyes:

Ya, me also got same problem. Once went to Lavender 81 then few days later go to Bugis 81 and they say no record that I am member. wa pianz..
I was so frustrated. have to ask them to check with the other branch and waste my time waiting. Then she call my name so loud, like one bro here mentioned. Wa lau, wan the whole lobby to hear loud and clear. :rolleyes:

et911
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Hmmm bo leh.....I booked for overnite in last mth near lav..H81 violet.. still pay for 119plus (wkend).... althought the room was nicely renovated with a nice bench near the window where you can rest on it.... and a see thru glass in the shower room... this impresses me where you can see your gal bathing...:D furthermore quite discreet where you can park your ride behind the lane and enter from back door...

How much for weekday rate? Never used that branch before so not sure. From what I know H81 branches all charge extra $10 for Fri/Sat nights.

With the facilities (see through bathroom are usually associated with love hotels) they are putting up, still want to change image? :D:D

zhutou12
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
How much for weekday rate? Never used that branch before so not sure. From what I know H81 branches all charge extra $10 for Fri/Sat nights.

Hmm, paisei.... nvr book overnite in wkdays before..... usually short time in wkdays........
If you go there, you would like the see thru shower room....heehee:D