PDA

View Full Version : Safe to go Bangkok alone?

xeelee
05-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Met this thai girl in a pub for about 2 weeks.

She just got back to BKK last week. keep asking me to go find her in BKK next week. Do you bros think its safe to go there alone ?

i am just thinking whats her motivation to want me to visit her there..

saxromeo
05-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Either she miss you or she wants a Carrot Head to be there for her lo.
Its common to meet coyotes in Singapore and for them to ask you be go to their country for the mentioned reasons. Assuming this gal u met is a coyote.
"i will take care you when you come na." they usually say.
Bangkok is a considerably safe place to go la, even alone.

vmtech
05-07-2008, 11:54 PM

She just got back to BKK last week. keep asking me to go find her in BKK next week. Do you bros think its safe to go there alone ?

of course it is not safe to go bangkok ALONE!
bring ur mom along!

loveseeker79
06-07-2008, 12:14 AM
I think it's safe to go Krung Thep (Bangkok) alone. I cheong solo last year to Pattaya and Bangkok. That was my first trip to Thailand. There was no problem for me. I even took local bus from Survanabhumi airport to Pattaya and tutuk to find hotel.
In Bangkok, I always wondered outside till midnight. I even went alone to the local night market to buy DVDs.
Most thais know little english and are friendly people.
I had a wonderful holiday :). Could never forget my first Soapy Massage :p.

It would be good if you can speak some thai. Of course, there is no guarantee safe place. You have to have some cheongster's instint like spider sense.

Tony Stark
06-07-2008, 12:54 AM

Went to BKK alone for business and leisure for over 100 trips. Very safe even if there is political unrest for the past 2 years. Just use your common sense and avoid the troubled political 'hotspots'. I think Woodlands or Geylang are even more dangerous than Nana Plaza area. Haha. As always don't be loud and obnoxious. Avoid drunk Thai guys. You should do fine in the discos. Thais are the friendliest and hospitable people in the world. :)

Charmaine
06-07-2008, 01:20 AM

Jackpot. And that's usually enough for you to head down once every month just because of that "promise"..

Fridaythirteen
06-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Its ok to go alone . I have been there alone few times but i'm still ok . :)

lone_ranger_7
06-07-2008, 03:54 AM
unless you are a baby or a girl, its definitely safe to go!!! why not?

Thailand is not as dangerous as you thought. Afterall, its the land of smiles!!!

People there are friendly. girls are pretty, sexy, hot! :D
Who knows, you go there, u might have found a new thai gf instead..... :)

Thai_Traveller
06-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Bro Xeelee, imho this smell like a begining of a KC trap. ;) Just take it (the visit to bangkok) as a holiday, I'm sure you'll do just fine. :)

Rub&Buah
06-07-2008, 04:32 AM

Its more than safe enough if your pocket is deep enough to burn.Maybe they lady just asking u generally to go bkk as this is quite common for them to say.No matter u go a not they are at the winning end.

1)U are her customer who spend on her in sg.

2)If u go,she will recommend u to all her sister,friends,bro cousin etc who u pay for all the drinking,makan & partying expenses.

3)if u alone with her,she will bring u shopping & buy stuff on your account.

4)if u successfully bed her,will u be thick skin enough to leave the country at the end without giving her 'something'?

Bangkok is a land of paradise,i suggest u to check out those fun place out & enjoy yourself & take it as a pass-by visit to her to see if theres any happening.Arb orb nuat(massage parlor or entertainment center)disco & agogo bar is the place u should visit if u want non-commitment fun.

Of course if u really like her,as the thai say'UP TO U'

Hpe it helps

wonder888
06-07-2008, 05:02 AM
Bangkok is a land of paradise as stated by Rub&Buah. You must learn to enjoy life........inside that country.

pocketrocket
06-07-2008, 08:35 AM
bring ur mom along!

LOL! Do not disturb lah :p :D

happyranchu
06-07-2008, 10:06 AM
i myself is going to BKK next month alone. :p Cheong ah......

havana
06-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Bangkok is the second safest city to visit in S.E.A

Thais are basically nice people. But there are always bad chocolate in every box of chocolate:mad: U never know what u will get....
BE beware of scams around....taxi driver's not using meter or offering to bring u to some health center, jewelry scams, being charged extra for lady drinks....

Just use common sense:rolleyes:....."If it sounds too good to be true, it is!":cool:

forumer
06-07-2008, 03:26 PM
i feel so much safer in bangkok/thailand than our immediate neighbors north and south of us.

sutton09
06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Either she miss you or she wants a Carrot Head to be there for her lo.
Its common to meet coyotes in Singapore and for them to ask you be go to their country for the mentioned reasons. Assuming this gal u met is a coyote.
Bangkok is a considerably safe place to go la, even alone.

oh my god..this is the exact sentence spoken to me.. and i am gg BKK mid july..

Its more than safe enough if your pocket is deep enough to burn.Maybe they lady just asking u generally to go bkk as this is quite common for them to say.No matter u go a not they are at the winning end.

2)If u go,she will recommend u to all her sister,friends,bro cousin etc who u pay for all the drinking,makan & partying expenses.

4)if u successfully bed her,will u be thick skin enough to leave the country at the end without giving her 'something'?

Bangkok is a land of paradise,i suggest u to check out those fun place out & enjoy yourself & take it as a pass-by visit to her to see if theres any happening.Arb orb nuat(massage parlor or entertainment center)disco & agogo bar is the place u should visit if u want non-commitment fun.

Hpe it helps

At least option 4 is a win-win situation. Really dun wanna to go thru the 1st 3options w/o the finale :(

Tony Stark
06-07-2008, 10:07 PM

5) When you reach BKK. She may fly you aeroplane and one of her excuse that she cannot meet you is her family member had met an accident back in the province. :p

Seems that all options are in her favour! Hehehe.

GreenMonkey
07-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Me went there a few times alone. And get to know a few gals there also asking for their ctc & email to keep in touch.

codicerous
07-07-2008, 02:33 AM
bros,

since got so many of us going up to bkk alone, was wondering why don't we just go together? at least got some company rite?

Rub&Buah
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Rub&Buah

Hpe it helps

At least option 4 is a win-win situation. Really dun wanna to go thru the 1st 3options w/o the finale :(

Thats why no matter wat they are at the winning end.Even u get to option 4 U have to waste a lot of precious time & $$$ which can be use on other interesting activity in bkk.

Some ppl cheong thai disco in sg like to follow up the gals who they know here even for short while in bangkok.Come to think of it is it really worth it?of cos if u feel happy,by all means.

For me nowadays i cheong thai disco here as it is the closest to what i can get to thailand & just to carbs alittle urge when i miss 'merng thai' but the feeling is just totally different compare to thailand club itself.I wont do follow up with the gals here or jus pass by visit the most. cos by the time im in thailand there theres so much things & so little time,& there's always new surprise everytime!

Makan,massage parlour,disco,agogo,shopping,traditional massage,babes hunting etc & sometime can even change 3 gals in a day!why waste time with 1 gal which i know in sg & i dun even know whether can score?even can score also must play 1st half & 2nd half.i go straight to pk la!& i like to score many many!:D

What i trying to tell some new thai lover bros is,be happy & do what your heart tell u.But rem sometime feeling can be decitful even to ownself.

Happy cheonging!

ChinaPussy
07-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Anybody know much about the rat disease thingy in BKK now ...

sammyboyfor
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM

The issue is not whether Bangkok is safe. The question is why on earth you would want to take the trouble to visit her in the first place.:rolleyes: After all, she just extended an invitation. She didn't give you a command.:eek:

It's YOUR motivation that needs to be examined. From what I gather, all you're hoping for is to get into her skirt so you can have some pussy. If sex is you're motivation, why go through all the effort and expense to travel all the way to Bangkok. You can get plenty of Thai pussy at home.:rolleyes:

adidas88
07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
unfortuantely ... that's not going to happen ....
if u only want option 4 ... go straight into a MP ... that settle everything ...

I feel so much safer in bangkok/thailand than our immediate neighbors north and south of us.
cannot agree anything less with u, bro ..
i spend more trips to bkk then cross over to our neighbors ....

bestbest
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Voodoed, smitten or just in the name of friendship? Whatever, be responsible to your loved ones at home, the girl herself. last and not least, your very self.

cartalan
07-07-2008, 09:54 PM
bros,

since got so many of us going up to bkk alone, was wondering why don't we just go together? at least got some company rite?

Ya. Who is arranging?

wonder888
10-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Ya. Who is arranging?

Got to remember sammyboyfor's advice. See his signature

adidas88
10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Bangkok voted world's best city in travel poll

Best City 2008 (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080710/tap-travel-awards-c3bb44c.html)

ahyong
18-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Bangkok voted world's best city in travel poll

Best City 2008 (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080710/tap-travel-awards-c3bb44c.html)

Best City For SEX !!!

nodd
21-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Dun worry, Bangkok is very safe.

Cutter
24-07-2008, 01:11 AM
going to thailand soon for the 5th time myself alone... no prob at all...

cume2me
24-07-2008, 01:33 AM
free & easy more freedom :D

NobleEagle
24-07-2008, 02:09 AM
same here...i travel by myself several times to Ayutthaya which is much further away (abt1.5hrs) from Bangkok...at times their disco there (AY) are mostly all young thais, also do not face any prob

aiya Thailand safe wan la, jus take care not to go into small dark alleys/lanes when u see suspicious guys ard, dun be too flashy and sia lan/disrespectful, u will be fine...if u so scared the most ask the girl come to ur hotel instead of going to her place la

rapebill
31-07-2008, 10:57 AM
bring ur mom along!

that's what I did in jun 07. I brought my mum for a birthday holiday. But all we did was to just visit temples and things like that. LOL.

BigBadDaddy
31-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Should be safe for most people. But there will always be exceptions.

Some general guidelines good not only for BKK but much of rest of LOS also...

Will be good if you can speak even write some Thai. You won't get conned too easily. Better still if you understand Isaan (North Eastern Thai lingo) as one third of Thailand's and Banger's/BKK's population are from Isaan.

Stay alert, keep eyes opened and brain working at all times especially when walking on pavements and roads. You ain't in Singpore or Penang. Some of the craziest drivers on the planet reside in Thailand. Worst of the lot are the motocycle taxi riders, tuk tuk drivers and teenybopper motorsai gang peeps. I'm not talking about helmetless riding by a family of 3-4 on a Honda Wave - that's childsplay...but antics like sudden going up a pedestrian pavement at 100+ km/h, or if you happen to be driving/riding, drivers with little patience or hesistation in forcing you up a road shoulder, too bad if you have none to go up to if it comes to that :eek:;) Thais are generally a friendly people, their friendliness may have been worn thin slightly over recent years given the over tourism. But on the roads, Thais are not your friendly angels but more likely devils from the deepest levels of hell. Don't believe me? Search on youtube for "Thailand", "Bangkok", "Motorcycle taxi", "Driving", "Traffic" and see for yourself. AMAZING THAILAND! TRULY AMAZING!

Avoid being flashy with your bling bling and cash alike. While the exchange rate allows you the luxury to become more charitable with your money, don't flash the cash unnecessarily. There has been a spate of driveby/rideby muggings, "spiked drinks + robbery" (even return of old trick of drug-laced breasts and robbery), etc in Thailand. Checkout pattayamail, pattaya daily news, phuket-info, etc for more. Remember Open Pockets and "good heart" invites the robbers

Since you will be there for your tee ruk and not there shopping for one, I shall not move onto picking girls off streets or beaches (i.e. in HKT, PYX ala Patters). Or where to shop for hees and hois in non touristy or fuckshops catering not for tourists but for local Thais and how to spot such joints in even the most remote of Thai towns. For what it is worth, every Thai town, no matter how small, if it is a town at all, will have its slagdogs and whore houses.

And do be aware that while Sinkies do mostly look like local Thais and can pass off as one and so are rarely victims of dual pricing the farangs constantly complain about, try avoiding places like the numerous national parks, museums and the likes. More often then not the ticketing staff do test for your command of the Thai language for you to get the local Thai price (which incidentally can be liek 4X lower than the "foreigner" entry price).

Last but not least, if the girl were to ask you "Ja rak r(l)ue plao?" Or maybe "Ja rak mai?". Your answer should just be "Mai roo, hai nueng pan Baht, dai mai?"

So if you are fine by the accounts and tips already dispensed in this thread, I'll say go for it!

BigBadDaddy
31-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Anybody know much about the rat disease thingy in BKK now ...

What rat disease? Don't they eat rats like they eat dogs, monkeys, scorpions, grasshoppers, beetles in Thailand?

BigBadDaddy
31-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Best City For SEX !!!

Nah! Think PYX better. :) In particular, the area enveloping Central Pattaya with Jomtien; and the DARK side East Pattaya - though last I heard since new mayor Itipol took over, massive crackdown on joints not observing closing time rule. :mad:

jwbparty
02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Went to BKK alone for business and leisure for over 100 trips...

my heroe. i'm not far behind...working on my 8th trip :D

but i agree about thais being the friendliest and most hospitable. i've gone to bkk solo a number of times and has no problem.

Tony Stark
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
my hero. i'm not far behind...working on my 8th trip :D

but i agree about thais being the friendliest and most hospitable. i've gone to bkk solo a number of times and has no problem.

You have at least 92 trips to catch up with me. :D

Yes friendly but be careful of the smiling thaigers. :p

alona
02-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi bros, will be in Bangkok alone from 21/8/08 to 25/8/28. Any cheonging buddy in Bangkok around that time to have fun together ? ;)