PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Budget Hotel with on-site Car Park

aces68
25-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Before starting this thread, I searched the forum but couldn't find specific information.
Does anyone know of budget hotel (for overnight stays, not in GL area) which have on-site car park with ample parking spaces.
I know that some of the Fragrance branches have only 1-2 car slots, which is really meaningless as it is always full.

From my own survey and experience, I gathered the following information:-

1. H-81 Tristar : Basement car park, lots of spaces, Cashcard payment
2. H-81 Classic : Share same basement car park with H-81 Tristar
3. Fragrance JC : 7-8 slots, no charge
4. Pasir Panjang Inn : about 15 slots, basement car park, no charge
5. Fragrance Imperial : 7-8 slots, no charge

Would appreciate if any bros can contribute more information. Tks.

Insider
25-06-2008, 02:28 PM
H81 Kovan , several lots, free

Frankiestine
25-06-2008, 02:50 PM
H81 Bencoolen, basement carpark....cashcard parking.

clan004
25-06-2008, 03:06 PM
If you stay overnight at H81 Bencoolen, do they give you free parking ?

Dicker21
25-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Another near PSA Harbour Ville Hotel have about 8lot FOC
Rate wise less than 100 for over nite

Hagrid
25-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Haha talking about Harbour Ville, I rem yes it is below 100, latest I saw $89.00 per night, but when called them they say it is USD :eek: anybody can confirm

Xgenre
25-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Hotel Changi in Joo Chiat. Malacca Hotel got about 10 lots too. Plus now got durian stall next door. Can park by the road and it appears like u are eating durians. :D

aces68
25-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Haha talking about Harbour Ville, I rem yes it is below 100, latest I saw $89.00 per night, but when called them they say it is USD :eek: anybody can confirm

I checked last week, the rate is SGD 105 and SGD 115. Cheaper room does not have mini-fridge.

5ag1_Boar
25-06-2008, 04:42 PM
H81 Sakura at Joo Chiat. Public car park on the left side of JC Road, entrance a few shop house before the hotel. Free parking after 5PM.

Off-topic:
H81 Tristar got huge rooms, but I find that the sound travel in and out of the rooms too easily... can hear my FB's moans echoing in the corridor... very self-concious. Or maybe I suay kenna the room at the lift lobby and the shape of the lobby trap and echo the sound easily. Also, it's in bad shape... complained to the manager and although he give good service, can tell he can't do much and he already frustrated about non-action by upper management.

Went there twice, cause the rooms and toilets are big and nice... but first time the toilet got no hot water. Reason given: water heater not big enough to share when the hotel is half full. The manager on duty also sucks... don't know what to do, don't how to perform service recovery properly. Second time, the TV not working. Complained and a different duty manager (excellent service, apologetic, polite and try to find us a solution) help us find another room and restart the booking time, but we ended up in the room with no hot water again. Give up, don't go there liao.

aces68
25-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Off-topic:
H81 Tristar got huge rooms, ..... Also, it's in bad shape... complained to the manager and although he give good service, can tell he can't do much and he already frustrated about non-action by upper management...... Give up, don't go there liao.

Seems like I'm not the only one who had bad experience at Tristar..bros who are interested can read my other posting http://www.sammyboyforum.com/2728698-post41.html.
It's a pity cos I like the car park at Tristar, in my opinion it's probably the best car park for a budget hotel in Singapore.
So nowadays, I use Tristar's carpark but go to H-81 Classic instead where the service is so much better.:p

zenarc
25-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Seems like I'm not the only one who had bad experience at Tristar..bros who are interested can read my other posting [url] the service is so much better.:p

When Hotel 81 management took over they did not do any renovation to the hotel.. if i not wrong hotel already abt 10 year old or more...:D

5ag1_Boar
25-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Actually, without reno still look ok. But I think they need to replace things like their TVs, water boiler (for drinks), hot water heater (for shower).

Pity I feel. That hotel has a good "foundation", but unfortunately they not willing to invest to make it (close to) perfect.

forumer
25-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Hotel Changi in Joo Chiat. Malacca Hotel got about 10 lots too. Plus now got durian stall next door. Can park by the road and it appears like u are eating durians. :D

eat durians whole night? :p

bangbangben
25-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I noted that hotels off pasir panjang are damn expensive. I called fragrance off Clementi Road and I almost fainted.

The Highlander
25-06-2008, 08:06 PM
I noted that hotels off pasir panjang are damn expensive. I called fragrance off Clementi Road and I almost fainted.

Now you got me curious. Time to call them and see if I too will faint. :D

aces68
25-06-2008, 09:14 PM

Yes, I agree. I paid $138 for overnight in Pasir Panjang Inn last week.
Price included breakfast which consisted of eggs, sausage, toast and coffee.

Fuckster
25-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Amber Hotel near Katong area, got free valet parking somemore :D

goodpartner
26-06-2008, 03:01 AM
Am helping a malaysian friend look for a budget stay for about 1 or 2 months, he'll be driving his car down here. Anyone care to recommend the cheapest lodging with free parking? Pls state if there'll be better rates on your recommendation for such mid/long-term stay.

Location not important as he drives... :)

dalamala
26-06-2008, 03:08 AM
Yes, I agree. I paid $138 for overnight in Pasir Panjang Inn last week.
Price included breakfast which consisted of eggs, sausage, toast and coffee.

This is quite good deal.
Coming F1, hotels are charging exorbitant rates!!! all thanks to SG Govt too

jplover
26-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Am helping a malaysian friend look for a budget stay for about 1 or 2 months, he'll be driving his car down here. Anyone care to recommend the cheapest lodging with free parking? Pls state if there'll be better rates on your recommendation for such mid/long-term stay.

Location not important as he drives... :)1 - 2 Months means it'll be within F1 period so it's going to be a little tricky..

Why not try calling up Hotel81 or Fragrance to check? I believe they'll be able to help to arrange..

Insider
26-06-2008, 08:55 AM

Location not important as he drives... :)

Bro you might consider looking at the ADS where people want to rent out apartments for short term ... 1 month maybe not, but 2 months should be able to find ..

Plunger_Man
28-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Good information. Thanks you