PDA

View Full Version : Need $10k urgently...any one can suggest how to help raise money for Op?

gingkonut
05-09-2021, 04:22 PM
Hi All,

Don't know where to best post this, and sort of borrowed the title frm Bro Benjm85.

I have a friend who is now in ICU, comatose state, pending for yet another Op to clear blood clot in brain. Her hubby and family has been going around high and low trying to borrow money to finance the next op. Cost of the hospitalisation and multiple ops is too daunting and they can't get more financial help from the hospital and banks.

I've also loaned them quite a fair bit to date and can't do so anymore. Wonder if anyone has any insights on whats the next prudent move to take?

Xgenre
05-09-2021, 04:36 PM
Set a crowd funding campaign on give.asia.

gingkonut
05-09-2021, 05:16 PM
Set a crowd funding campaign on give.asia.

Suggested this, bro. But time to put up and gather funds may be too late

mango999
06-09-2021, 12:26 AM
Can ask MP for help, to arrange for installment payment to hospital.

gingkonut
06-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Can ask MP for help, to arrange for installment payment to hospital.

Yeah...suggested this also... arranging to meet, but at most will pen letter and this will take 1 week + on the very least

bainian
07-09-2021, 05:17 PM
Ask the hospital is money or important or saving a life more important.
Fuck those greedy bastards!

skillcapped
07-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Was your friend vaccinated recently?

There are quite a number of vax injuries resulting in adverse effects such as blood clots and cardiovascular issues etc.

Penguin23
07-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Is your friend Singaporean/PR? If yes, then there should be no reason why Medishield cannot step in to cover the cost of the operation especially if it is a government hospital.

If your friend is a foreigner then there are not many good choices left. GiveAsia is probably your best bet. Or approach the embassy of your friend's country for further ideas. I have seen Viets successfully raising tens of thousands of dollars overnight through Facebook campaigns. I have contributed to some, as well.

fallen11
08-09-2021, 09:22 PM
is the patient a singaporean?
if so, hospital have the obligation to do whatever it takes to save him/her first without being paid a single cent.
After everything, then they will bill the patient & family everything and they will find ways to pay it off (cash, medisave, medishield, private insurance, other insurance, installments, etc)
Govt hospital installment plans are very generous.
if no means to pay, they also unlikely to charge the patient & family. At worst the patient cannot get any loan from banks due to unsettled bill. Nothing will happen to the family members.
A lot of govt hospital bills in sg are unsettled by the family members, especially so if the patient ended up dead in hospital.

If its private hospital....... its another story.