PDA

View Full Version : Does OKT of health center check the girls for STD ?

koenig
10-04-2008, 08:17 PM
What's your opinion on that ? When a new girl come from China, do they check her for STD before admitting to work in the health center ?

7strike
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Don think so, as there is no law saying a massager needs to check for HIV etc:rolleyes:

AfA_hmor
12-04-2008, 06:24 PM
why would okt care? okt just want to make money.
why would girl go n check? check means have to spend money. girl just wants to make money.

massage place is considered 'illegal', its not like the brothels where the girls get checked regularly. no one cares abt massage place.

but u better take care of yourself n wear condom, go for hiv test.
only u can care abt urself.

peanut123
12-04-2008, 08:24 PM
What's your opinion on that ? When a new girl come from China, do they check her for STD before admitting to work in the health center ?

If she's here on a work permit, she will have to undergo a TB and HIV blood test plus some basic tests to ensure that she is healthy and not carrying a contagious deadly disease. This is mandatory and many legit spas (even those offering services) will comply to avoid getting in trouble with the law. But I think the only STD covered is HIV, and not herpes, clamydia, etc.

Of coz if the spa is unscrupulous and brings in the girls on a social visit visa, then there is no mandatory health check since she is supposed to be a tourist.

AfA_hmor
13-04-2008, 11:43 AM
most of the PRCs are on social visit pass, or they are pei du mama.
those who have a work permit are those who have 'legit'/'proper' job, which is actually the minority for girls in the sex industry.

AfA_hmor
13-04-2008, 12:15 PM
actually, her having gone for a HIV test w/ negative result before does not mean that she is 'clean' now. its more important that she still practices safer sex by using condoms all the time, with all customers. Its the same for all cheongsters, get a HIV test (to find out whether u have or not, so can treat it now, can stop it from spreading to other ppl including ur loved ones), then use condoms all the time.

singaporekid
16-04-2008, 04:21 AM
practise safe sex always, if want to cheong.

don't cheong overhead shoots!

koenig
26-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Thanks AfA_h clear.
Is the hiv test done in the DSC during AfA hours really anonymus ? I mean, if the result is negative I am sure it is but what about if it comes positive ? It will be reported just for statistic or also the person will be reported to MOH ?
It is not clear reading the web site, sorry.

peanut123
26-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks AfA_h clear.
Is the hiv test done in the DSC during AfA hours really anonymus ? I mean, if the result is negative I am sure it is but what about if it comes positive ? It will be reported just for statistic or also the person will be reported to MOH ?

it is anonymous since they do not record your name or particulars. upon positive results, you can just walk away and no one can stop you.

Redeemer81
27-04-2008, 12:14 AM
get an instant test kit, cost less than a $100, bring it with u when u chiong. swap the thingy over the girl's gum n wait 5mins. negative/positive know immediately. continue safer sex practise.

massage joints n gl should be resellers for the test kit. those not sure 1, buy 1 n test.

peanut123
27-04-2008, 11:14 PM
get an instant test kit, cost less than a $100, bring it with u when u chiong. swap the thingy over the girl's gum n wait 5mins. negative/positive know immediately. continue safer sex practise.

massage joints n gl should be resellers for the test kit. those not sure 1, buy 1 n test.

negative test means the HIV antibodies have not developed, does not mean she is HIV free. I also believe that these kits are not allowed to be sold in Sg ( incredible I know. I would have thought the garment would encourage pple to buy them instead of banning them), so if you buy them, it will be from either Internet or illegal sources. There have been cases where such illegal kits do not work, so don't rely on them unless you are sure of the source.

AfA_hmor
28-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks AfA_h clear.

Your particulars are not noted down. You are just given a number, to test and collect results. You can't be traced.

AfA_hmor
28-04-2008, 08:57 AM

let me ask you... have you ever gone for a HIV test?

soccer_maniacr7
07-05-2008, 07:20 PM
well, based in sg, if the OKT brings them for regular checkup then they will pass the cost to the consumers, us ! hmm...sounds familiar anyone?

AfA_hmor
08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
You pressure OKT to make sure all their girls go for Checkup lor. Demand to see proof that she is clean.

Redeemer81
09-05-2008, 07:41 AM
let me ask you... have you ever gone for a HIV test?

HIV test, yes, every year cos its a requirement for my insurance. But they still use the blood testing type. The gum/saliva testing type is less evasive and better for public usage. Maybe DSC is using that, but I'm not sure.

We all know about the window period and etc, all I was saying is that if it was introduced as a supplement product in joints, legal brothel or illegal joints, it serves as an additional revenue for the okt and associates. Its illegal for massage joint to offer sex service, but its not illegal to offer test kits isn't it? ;)Imagine this, you walk into the illegal houses, the okt of the house says "don't worry, our girls are clean, they go for testing all the time under the law. here's an instant test kit, go try it yourself. No charge if she infected." Okt earns $15 - $50 from test kit, becomes an ambassodor for HIV and safer sex for AFA. AFA work with the supplier company to hold workshop for OKT and "SPA operators". Add to MICE also... Everyone benefits.

Over a longer period of time, it may be easier to identify broads who are infected, and even if 1 person is saved when the viral load becomes detectable, it still goes towards the reduction of 1 carrier/infected person. Its all annoymous anyway, and there is also the failure rate of 5-15% for saliva based self administered test kits.

Shouldn't that be something that the AFA be looking into instead of asking "have you ever taken a HIV test?".hmm....

peanut123
10-05-2008, 02:07 AM
Shouldn't that be something that the AFA be looking into instead of asking "have you ever taken a HIV test?".hmm....

The AFA has no control over this. The fact is that our dear government, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that YOU, the general public, is too dumb to use these kits correctly, or may misinterpret the result, or if tested positive, would go nuts and jump out the nearest window ( though I would say that if a person has such a tendency, then good riddance :-), or even worse is the scenario you just described, it is used to give people a false sense of security to screw WLs with wild abandon. Yes, little boys and girls, our government knows what's best, and has banned the sale of test kits except to the medical profession.

If you feel strongly about this, no point bitching about this in the forums. Write to Ministry of health, petition your MP, or make some public noise. Asking AFA won't change things 1 bit. They don't make the policies.

AfA_hmor
24-05-2008, 10:24 PM
HIV test, yes, every year cos its a requirement for my insurance. But they still use the blood testing type. The gum/saliva testing type is less evasive and better for public usage. Maybe DSC is using that, but I'm not sure.

We all know about the window period and etc, all I was saying is that if it was introduced as a supplement product in joints, legal brothel or illegal joints, it serves as an additional revenue for the okt and associates. Its illegal for massage joint to offer sex service, but its not illegal to offer test kits isn't it? ;)Imagine this, you walk into the illegal houses, the okt of the house says "don't worry, our girls are clean, they go for testing all the time under the law. here's an instant test kit, go try it yourself. No charge if she infected." Okt earns $15 - $50 from test kit, becomes an ambassodor for HIV and safer sex for AFA. AFA work with the supplier company to hold workshop for OKT and "SPA operators". Add to MICE also... Everyone benefits.

Over a longer period of time, it may be easier to identify broads who are infected, and even if 1 person is saved when the viral load becomes detectable, it still goes towards the reduction of 1 carrier/infected person. Its all annoymous anyway, and there is also the failure rate of 5-15% for saliva based self administered test kits.

Well, you don't seem to understand the complexities of getting a HIV test.

So if the girl tests negative, does this mean that its ok to have unprotected sex? Which then opens you up to the risk of catching STIs? Not to mention that there's still the window period, and that test may not be conclusive. Especially for a sex worker who has multiple clients a day?

What happens if the girl tests positive? What will happen to her?

Nobody benefits, except people profiting from it.

AfA is siding with the govt on this one, and does not support the sale of HIV test kits in such a manner.