PDA

View Full Version : Singapore opens matchmaking institute in May

ika_tomas
09-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Singapore opens matchmaking institute in May - Yahoo! Singapore News (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20080409/tap-340124-231650b.html)

Hmmm - is it really that bad here?

Channel NewsAsia - Wednesday, April 9

SINGAPORE : Singapore will have a new institute that provides matchmaking services from next month.
ADVERTISEMENT

Called the Matchmaking Institute Southeast Asia, it also provides training to matchmaking companies.

Finding love is getting more difficult because many Singaporeans simply do not have the time. So the new matchmaking institute aims to give singles a hand.

The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) received 44 feedback and queries about matchmaking agencies in 2007. This was up from 37 in 2006 and just 16 the year before. Most were complaints about unsatisfactory services.

A key concern among customers is how their personal data will be used. So the institute plans to have two databases, both accessible with consent. One will hold all the personal information submitted by interested singles, and another will be shared with companies.

"All the companies or matchmakers (...) have to let their clients know that some of the information, but not (their) personal information or contact information, might be shared with other matchmakers," said Violet Lim, Executive Director, Matching Institute Southeast Asia.

The new institute aims to raise the standards of matchmaking service in Singapore. It is offering a S$1,000 scholarship to the first 10 people to sign up for the courses offered.

Currently, more than 200 businesses are registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority providing friendship, matchmaking and dating services, up from 192 in April last year. — CNA /ls

ktv cheongster
09-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I suppose it will be good in general for people who wanna get married. And this inter availability of data between companies may help lessen the number of unmarried people around :D Maybe they should have one to pair up people to be FB ... so questionaire will have things like, how many times you can cum an hour, how many times you want sex a week ... or day ...

gilagila100
10-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Dun think useful loh ... not when Sporean women is so lowly regarded by Sporean men ... and Sporean women so demanding of their other halves ...

Dun flame me hor ... but I m stating this based what I heard and read plus some personal experience ...

Not all Sporean women are bad but if so many Sporean guys think so, I think even if it is not the "truth", it will be ...

twinseeker
10-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I've never been a fan of any of such social developement nonsense. To me, its all gimmick and a whole load of disappointments. No doubt they can try hard as they want to promote and facilitate singles to mingle and meat, but relationships is not like dog breeding. Surely they can't be expecting the singles to meet for the 1st time over some flash-dating event, and hope for miracles to happen.

Let's also not discount the fact, with the modern competance of the working class individuals, high expectations of the opposite gender will already be the biggest barrier to break.

How many of the participants don't attend the function with expectations? How many of them come out of the events organised, dissappointed? :confused:

Unless we can be certain that the way of life for Singaporeans can undergo some drastic change, where people can afford more quality time for a decent healthy social life, only then, can there be better chances of singles hitting off and hopefully tie the knot - make babies for the next generation.

VanHouten
10-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Sporean women so demanding of their other halves ...Dun flame me hor ... but I m stating this based what I heard and read plus some personal experience ...Very true. S'pore women are demanding.
I suppose it will be good in general for people who wanna get married. And this inter availability of data between companies may help lessen the number of unmarried people around ..For marriage minded people.
I've never been a fan of any of such social developement nonsense. To me, its all gimmick and a whole load of disappointments. No doubt they can try hard as they want to promote and facilitate singles to mingle and meat, but relationships is not like dog breeding. Surely they can't be expecting the singles to meet for the 1st time over some flash-dating event, and hope for miracles to happen.True!

Actaris
10-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I think, it will be good for all those single to find their soul mate.

Luxuria
11-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Regardless of what we feel, there will definitely be more couples hitching up as they have a wider selection with the sharing of database. There are alot of people out there who wanna get married ... even if samsters here are not so keen on SG women ... :D

Will be surprise if not a single samster is into matchmaking .... :cool:

t123
11-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I know who setup this institute, its the expensive Lunch Actually boss Violet Lim. Know them lah, just wanna milk money. next time cannot get easily laid because they will slowly check your marital status with ROM.

XiaoChang
11-04-2008, 11:22 AM
So they have easy access to available Boy Toys :eek:

VanHouten
11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I know who setup this institute, its the expensive Lunch Actually boss Violet Lim. Know them lah, just wanna milk money. next time cannot get easily laid because they will slowly check your marital status with ROM.
About $1000 for the membership and approximate 15 dates.

The match-making company wants to milk people slowly.

ktv cheongster
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
In SG, from what I understand, there is a lack of men .... so if you are a man and sign up, you can literally have dates every week ....

4x4Rush
11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
In SG, from what I understand, there is a lack of men .... so if you are a man and sign up, you can literally have dates every week ....

may be more n more PRC gal to come here to sign up too:D

hotsoup16
11-04-2008, 11:53 PM
A few years back the ration of Man to Woman is 1 : 2 . There is over demand of woman in Sg unless Lao lee gives permission to SG man to marry 2 wifes:D

Speed_Hunk
12-04-2008, 12:22 AM

kekeke S2.. you seems to dislike this Violet Lim hor.. kekee.. Aiya all these things are for marketing gimmicks with monetary gains...

tOmAski33
12-04-2008, 02:23 AM
A few years back the ration of Man to Woman is 1 : 2 . There is over demand of woman in Sg unless Lao lee gives permission to SG man to marry 2 wifes:D

Good way to balance the excess ratio of females to males.
Consider that every 2 women give birth very soon lots of babies for the next generation.Also not longer require to give out PR and ctzship to FOREIGN TALENTS to our shores...
Lastly more assests and revenue for the country.

InnoNewbie
12-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Will there be variety of countries of gals available?

Crazi
16-04-2008, 03:48 PM
That is a possibility ... I am sure some of the foreigners in SG also sign up for matchmaking ..... but of course, this is not related to the institute ..