PDA

View Full Version : pubic lice self treatment

_bodyart
08-03-2008, 08:37 PM
hi guys is it possible to treat pubic lice yourself? eg. buy those treatment shampoo from stores?

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
hi guys is it possible to treat pubic lice yourself? eg. buy those treatment shampoo from stores?shave bald if all else fails :)

akuma
09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
hi guys is it possible to treat pubic lice yourself? eg. buy those treatment shampoo from stores?

bro, i kena it about 7-8yrs ago. No medication needed. what i did was this --- Soap the area thoroughly, make up lots of lather foam and then shave the private area real clean. The foamy trick is to ensure than no lice can still cling itself to the skin when u shave. Then just wash the area thoroughly and then final check for any remaining lice clinging to skin. Chances that if u do proper soaping and thorough shaving, the lice would have been removed.

I did this procedure and it was an immediate riddance of the problem.

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
09-03-2008, 05:34 PM
one question, can pubic lice 'climb' to infest your head or armpits? :confused: :eek:

_bodyart
09-03-2008, 06:13 PM
bro, i kena it about 7-8yrs ago. No medication needed. what i did was this --- Soap the area thoroughly, make up lots of lather foam and then shave the private area real clean. The foamy trick is to ensure than no lice can still cling itself to the skin when u shave. Then just wash the area thoroughly and then final check for any remaining lice clinging to skin. Chances that if u do proper soaping and thorough shaving, the lice would have been removed.

I did this procedure and it was an immediate riddance of the problem.

thanks bro,i give it a try. yes it can move to hairy parts of ur body like armpit or ur eyelashes ,, .

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
09-03-2008, 09:50 PM
thanks bro,i give it a try. yes it can move to hairy parts of ur body like armpit or ur eyelashes ,, .:eek:eyelashes!!! nnkc sekali crawl inside my nostrils even

Midnightiger
10-03-2008, 04:55 PM
And don't forget the hairs around the arsehole. That needs to be removed too.

Regards
Tiger

tissuebox
10-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Alternatively, if you don't want to shave off your pubic hair, you can try getting those pubic lice removal shampoo from the pharmacy. I also had it about 8 years ago. Bought those shampoo and wash pubic area, the shampoo actually kill the lice and the eggs they laid which will multiply very fast if it is not get rid off. After 3 or 4 wash, fully recovered. :)

_bodyart
10-03-2008, 09:35 PM
bro the shampoo got any specific brand? i shave off pubic hair alr but seems like sometime still itchy leh ..

Midnightiger
11-03-2008, 12:37 PM
bro the shampoo got any specific brand? i shave off pubic hair alr but seems like sometime still itchy leh ..

The pharmacy should be able to recommend the brand.

But if you already shaved off your pubic hair, what's there to shampoo?:confused:

Anyway, your itchiness now could be due to the shaving.

Regards
Tiger

tissuebox
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM

Sorry, too long ago already, can't really remember the brand :p

Anyway, your itchiness now could be due to the shaving.

I believe so too. :p

siewmai
04-04-2008, 01:59 PM

It's called Malathion and smells like pesticides used for plants.
The shampoo brand is called "A-Lice" and there is a lotion form where you apply and leave it there for a few hours.

Just go to a pharmacy (Guardian etc) and ask the staff for Malathion (no need doc's prescription).