PDA

View Full Version : Palazzo Hotel is Now Not Guest Friendly Unless Booking From ThaiHotelDiscounts

ThaiHotels
23-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi All,

Did not want to start a new thread, but decided that it is so important and many guys must be aware of this.

From Jan 1st 08. Palazzo Hotel Bangkok is now charging a 500 Baht joiner fee even if you book a twin/double.

However, It will be still guest friendly if you book with ThaiHotelDiscounts.

I have negotiated with the hotel and other agents/companies will not be able to offer this.

Only thing is if u take a girl back from one of the traditional massage shops next to the hotel etc, then a 500 Baht joiner will be taken regardless.

This does not apply to any Soapy massage or another massage place not next to the hotel etc.

All the best.

Tim

civicsky
23-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi bro,

-how would they know if the gal is from the traditional massage next door or any other soapy joints?
-how do they know if we booked through your web? do we have to put a sticker on our top :)

ThaiHotels
23-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi bro,

-how would they know if the gal is from the traditional massage next door or any other soapy joints?
-how do they know if we booked through your web? do we have to put a sticker on our top :)

Bro,

The traditional massage shops next to the hotel etc have their girls wear a coloured uniform and obviously they know them from that.

They can check to see the company booked through. Sounds quite difficult to know. As long as there is no joiner

adidas88
23-01-2008, 07:34 PM
bro .. r u saying that we have to pay 500baht if we bring any gal to our room now ??

ThaiHotels
23-01-2008, 08:17 PM
bro .. r u saying that we have to pay 500baht if we bring any gal to our room now ??

Bro,

If you booked with ThaiHotelDiscounts, then no need to pay 500 Baht. Unless you bring a girl from the traditional Massage shops outside the hotel.

Tim

Ah Thut
23-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Bro,

If you booked with ThaiHotelDiscounts, then no need to pay 500 Baht. Unless you bring a girl from the traditional Massage shops outside the hotel.

Tim

Sounds strange. If we bring in a girl from a soapie massage, no need to pay. Bring one from a decent traditional massage joint, have to pay. Really sounds odd. :confused:

norice
23-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Hello,

As a longterm guest at Palazzo for the past 8 years, I shall find our for all of us! How are they going to check if you're bringing a female guest? Are they going to post a security guard at all entrance to elevators? Also, due to lack of dress codes in the lobby, I've seen many Chinese female guests dressed similar to Thai-Chinese working girls! Are they going to stop all the females entering Palazzo and question them if they are working girls or not?

If this is true, Palazzo will be losing hundreds of loyal guests! All my friends and I will be booking hotels at other places! My question is, I wonder how many percentage of current hotel guest will be booked through ThaiHoteldiscounts? Also, hundreds of perspective Palazzo guest chose Palazzo due to their motto "guest friendly hotel!"

It sound too fishy to me but TIT!

Rub&Buah
24-01-2008, 04:37 AM
This is my fav hotel of all time in rachada.Main reason being its convenient to all arb orb nuat joints & huay kwang.

The star attraction is u can bring a gal back anytime without hassle of being stop by security/staff for exchanging for gal id or being check for joiner fees etc.Now new rules implement im sure its gonna affect eveybody in someways,but as long as we still go thru thaihotel think the problem will be minimise.

Tim,Btw the traditional massage uniform gal joint u mention is the the joint directly opposite the hotel?

They recognise them from the colour uniform so maybe if bros here die die need to take one from there can ask them to change first before coming up to the hotel to skip the joiners haha:D

Bushnell 1918cb
24-01-2008, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=norice;2542327]Hello,

During my stay @ Palazzo 10 days ago. I did not encounter such a problem, infact my lady friend did come personally to my room. At the same time I also witness male guests with ladies. I am very sure that the management of Palazzo did not go ahead to impose such a "Fine", if they did so,the hotel is definitely losing out her competitiveness. As a corporate guest of Palazzo, i will definitely boycott her.

biker
24-01-2008, 07:24 AM
I did receive a flyer from the management of Palazzo with regards to this 500 Baht thing.. But so far, no problems when bringing gers back.. :p

ThaiHotels
24-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Sounds strange. If we bring in a girl from a soapie massage, no need to pay. Bring one from a decent traditional massage joint, have to pay. Really sounds odd. :confused:

Palazzo are just starting to enforce it this week.

Palazzo have an agreement with a traditional massage joint and get a commisson for in house massages. Thats why they need to charge a joiner if u bring one of those massage girls back from the shops directly outside the hotel.

I did ask how they will know what girl is from where etc? They said that those massage shops have a coloured shirt and is very familiar to them.

Tim

ThaiHotels
24-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I did receive a flyer from the management of Palazzo with regards to this 500 Baht thing.. But so far, no problems when bringing gers back.. :p

Yes they are putting these flyers in all their rooms. I told the manager that if they do this joiner thing, they will probably be empty as most people who stay at The Palazzo want to ring back girls.

Tim

ThaiHotels
24-01-2008, 08:53 AM
This is my fav hotel of all time in rachada.Main reason being its convenient to all arb orb nuat joints & huay kwang.

The star attraction is u can bring a gal back anytime without hassle of being stop by security/staff for exchanging for gal id or being check for joiner fees etc.Now new rules implement im sure its gonna affect eveybody in someways,but as long as we still go thru thaihotel think the problem will be minimise.

Tim,Btw the traditional massage uniform gal joint u mention is the the joint directly opposite the hotel?

They recognise them from the colour uniform so maybe if bros here die die need to take one from there can ask them to change first before coming up to the hotel to skip the joiners haha:D

Tell u the truth. Not sure how it will go.

Most guys will not want to bring back one of those Massage girls outside the hotel anyway. I am wondering if the owner will actually follow through with the guest joiner policy? Suppose only time will tell.

Tim

ThaiHotels
24-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Hello,

As a longterm guest at Palazzo for the past 8 years, I shall find our for all of us! How are they going to check if you're bringing a female guest? Are they going to post a security guard at all entrance to elevators? Also, due to lack of dress codes in the lobby, I've seen many Chinese female guests dressed similar to Thai-Chinese working girls! Are they going to stop all the females entering Palazzo and question them if they are working girls or not?

If this is true, Palazzo will be losing hundreds of loyal guests! All my friends and I will be booking hotels at other places! My question is, I wonder how many percentage of current hotel guest will be booked through ThaiHoteldiscounts? Also, hundreds of perspective Palazzo guest chose Palazzo due to their motto "guest friendly hotel!"

It sound too fishy to me but TIT!

Bro,

The massage girls working directly next to the hotel wear their own specific coloured uniform that all their girls wear. Therefore it will not be similar to other Chinese female guests at all. The hotel can spot these girls a mile off.

We are in the top 5 sellers of The Palazzo. In only 2 or so years. Remember my first meeting at The Palazzo. Laughed with the manager, Palazzo is the only guest friendly hotel in Ratchada.

You may want to speak to Khun Phusit at The Palazzo. He will be able to clarify this I am sure.

Tim

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
24-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up bro Tim......this is news indeed.....

norice
24-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Thaihotels,

If what you say is the truth, then we'll boycott the hotel and go some where else, Palazzo isn't the only hotel in Rachada! I'm with Bushnell, during my next trip, I'm booking another hotel.

Brothers in Singapore, from January 24, let's all boycott Palazzo Hotel! Let's see whose asshole will get bigger after next year!

norice
24-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Thaihotel,

I apologize for using French! I guesll, business is business, you want to maximize your profit.

Sorry

adidas88
24-01-2008, 02:45 PM
yes ... it's confirmed ...

i just got my thai friend to check it out with the hotel management and the 500baht joiner fee is enforced ...
the rule is passed down from the top level ... (owner of emerald hotel group) ..

snowwolf79
24-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Thaihotels,

If what you say is the truth, then we'll boycott the hotel and go some where else, Palazzo isn't the only hotel in Rachada! I'm with Bushnell, during my next trip, I'm booking another hotel.

Brothers in Singapore, from January 24, let's all boycott Palazzo Hotel! Let's see whose asshole will get bigger after next year!

if so, can you try siam beverly which is in ratcha too. that should be gal friendly cos my friend was staying there. brought 2 gals up. 1 chinese and 1 thai but was not stopped for it :d

civicsky
24-01-2008, 05:14 PM
though i stayed at palazzo just a couple of times, via tim, i would say it's pretty good in terms of value and location. but i guess what everyone loved about this is the relaxed rule with regards to the "gals".. we can simply walk through lobby without questions asked... that's the point of us...

As to the view from the management, maybe they would like to uplift the image of the hotel having gone through the major reno and additions.. At the same time, increase additional revenue...

Having said that, thailand being thailand... tradition runs deep... perhaps the staff on the ground ie, doorman, security, reception.. do not really agree, but have to follow instructions... initially.. When time passes on, it could all go back to square one.. think about it, joiner fees imposed on only the gals from the massage joint across the road and not the rest. reckon they do not really know about implementing it in the first place. it's probably so that they heard about it, err wanted it and hmmm how to do it....

let's just wait and see... it could be due to their lack of "governmental lead" which drives them bonkers... like the saying QIU(3) TO(4), LAO(3) GAO(2) SUAN(3)

cheers, just my 2 cents worth of thought...

Yokosi
24-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Palazzo Hotel Bangkok is now charging a 500 Baht joiner fee.....However, It will be still guest friendly if you book with ThaiHotelDiscounts......This does not apply to any Soapy massage or another massage place not next to the hotel etc.
Tim

Tim,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts in negio with Palazzo for the exclusion of the joiner fee for all bros that book the rooms via your hotel site.

And how will the hotel's security identify people who booked through you when bringing in girls ?. Pls explain. Answer most appreciated. We walked in with a ThaiHotelDiscount baseball cap or T-shirt ?. Special no joiner fee coupon from you or hotel to flash to security when bringing in girls ?.

Any other alternative hotels with similiar pricing and qualities of Palazzo that is guest friendly ?.

Thanks.

adidas88
24-01-2008, 05:19 PM
i guess the change of policy is due to the change of business profile ..

i remember i have never seen any travel coaches ard hotel palazzo since the first time i started staying there 7 yrs ago whenever i am in BKK ..
but i saw a couple of them in my recent trip ... in other words, they r having "real" tourist staying in their hotel now ...
one can notice the type of guests staying in the hotel during breakfast time ... majority are tourist ..

and the expansion of room capacity means they r doing quite well ...

Hakoshu
25-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Tim,

This is bad news indeed.. Bad news for palazzo.. Been supporting them all these years.. Guess its time to end the support since they are pushing the limits..
There are a few hotels ard ratchada area, not only them..

theUnforgotten
25-01-2008, 07:56 AM
This not so good news indeed, oh well it's not the only game in town. Possibly shooting themselves in the foot.

Though guess it's time to do some extra research and source for other gal friendly hotels, within similar budget

ThaiHotels
25-01-2008, 10:48 AM
This not so good news indeed, oh well it's not the only game in town. Possibly shooting themselves in the foot.

Though guess it's time to do some extra research and source for other gal friendly hotels, within similar budget

Guys,

As you guys book through ThaiHotelDiscounts, can't see the problem?

Tim

yinyang
25-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Reaction from bros here is only to be expected, given that the Palazzo's a samster hotel (even if I've not bunked there before).

So Tim's credits give us the priviledge or exclusivity. Which brings on obvious
question: how to distinguish us from rest (never mind the neighbourhood rubdown joint's giveway uniforms)? So Yokosi's ID crisis is relevant here. Add to his costume ideas -how's a sticker or even a tatto job?:p

The point is how practical it's to enforce this? :confused:
..your efforts in negio with Palazzo for the exclusion of the joiner fee And how will the hotel's security identify people who booked through you when bringing in girls ?. We walked in with a ThaiHotelDiscount baseball cap or T-shirt ?. Special no joiner fee coupon from you or hotel to flash to security when bringing in girls ?.

theUnforgotten
25-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Reaction from bros here is only to be expected, given that the Palazzo's a samster hotel (even if I've not bunked there before).

question: how to distinguish us from rest (never mind the neighbourhood rubdown joint's giveway uniforms)? So Yokosi's ID crisis is relevant here. Add to his costume ideas -how's a sticker or even a tatto job?:p

Yes You have struck a valid point on the practicality of enforcing this policy.

As you know the concept of being guest friendly is not being harrassed by the hotel staff , when you are high ( probably from the whisky and beers) and bringing along a Fine specimen of the female homo sapiens species on your arm.

It does dampen the spirit of things, when u are being stopped on the way back to your room for some action.

perhaps some one , can introduce some ideas to verify Guest's identities with minimum fuss and disruption ,perhaps a special "pass" :)

adidas88
25-01-2008, 01:26 PM
i guess we'll know more abt this enforcement when fellow bros come back from their trip after staying in hotel palazzo ...

i am going to try this when i'm in bkk next mth ...

the hotel have a side entrance (at the car park) ...
a security guard and parking warden r always sitting there ..
many times i've used the side entrance to get into the hotel lobby lift after a visit to mirage mp (close now) ...
the security guard have not stopped me before, in fact, if he's standing near the door, he'll open the door and saluted u ... damn polite ..
through the side entrance, u'll reached the lift lobby directly bypassing the front counter ...
if u took a cab, alight at the car park instead of front entrance and use the side entrance into the hotel ...

i wonder if this will work to avoid the joiner fee ...:D:D

ThaiHotels
25-01-2008, 03:57 PM

Ok guys.

I will think about the best way to help the hotel differentiate guys booking with ThaiHotelDiscounts and those who do not. I do appreciate the fact it is not nice to be harrased when drunk or at any time?

If any guy has an idea on the best way to do this. Pls let me know. Sure there will be a way. Eg a secret handshake etc

Tim

krestar
25-01-2008, 07:36 PM
How about a "secret" entrance for ThaiHotel clients to use? :) Seriously have to look for alternate accomodation since CP increased their rates

High till Dry
25-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Ok guys.

I will think about the best way to help the hotel differentiate guys booking with ThaiHotelDiscounts and those who do not. I do appreciate the fact it is not nice to be harrased when drunk or at any time?

If any guy has an idea on the best way to do this. Pls let me know. Sure there will be a way. Eg a secret handshake etc

Tim

Tim since u r their top 5 agency maybe u can negotiate with the hotel to block off certain storey for u? then we can have a gathering there :)

yanz
26-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Been using tim's services with Palazzo Suite for my last few visits n it has always been fantastic, however during my trip in Dec i realised there is indeed much more genuine tourists with kids in tow. This could be the reason why they are uplifting their image now. And even thou Tim has tied down with management for this special privilege, i can't see how they gonna differentiate which are the privileged guests? I certainly wont be pleased if i was stopped at reception during the wee hours with a girl, even if i was allowed access after some database check or what?! Would be such a letdown if they r truly keen on enforcing this law, thou i still kinda doubt it, this is thailand afterall... :cool:

siamcutey
28-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Simple. Don't stay in Palazzo if you are going to bring your 'GUEST' back:)

They are not the only hotel in Ratchada neither in Bangkok

SC

norice
28-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Siemcutey,

I agree with you 100%, come on brothers, lets all boycott Palazzo Hotel from now on! You don't have to stay at Rachada for massages, at Sukhumvit, there are several guest friendly hotels and hundreds of gel/lotion massages with close proximity. We all can utilize BTS and MRT so staying at Sukhumvit will be minor problem.

I already sent them e-mails regarding how we feel but they didn't reply.

adidas88
28-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I agree with you 100%, come on brothers, lets all boycott Palazzo Hotel from now on!

i don't see that reply is going to come in judging by the way thais work ...
they rather look the other way than face confrontation ...

siamcutey
29-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Siemcutey,

I agree with you 100%, come on brothers, lets all boycott Palazzo Hotel from now on! You don't have to stay at Rachada for massages, at Sukhumvit, there are several guest friendly hotels and hundreds of gel/lotion massages with close proximity. We all can utilize BTS and MRT so staying at Sukhumvit will be minor problem.

Wow, you actually bothered sending them emails?:p

Anyway, I love to move around different hotels, because only then will I know which are the good ones and gives me alternatives when certain hotels I like increase price or are unavailable during certain periods.

And these days hotels in Ratchada ain't that convenient as I realised that hotels in other districts are less traffic heavy, and more convenient to other "places of interest"

Being frequent travellers, why get stuck on a hotel when there are hundreds better ones around

Mr.romantic
30-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Siemcutey,

hahaha you really very free. :D

Mr.romantic
30-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Being frequent travellers, why get stuck on a hotel when there are hundreds better ones around

oi! maybe some samsters are loyal customers of bro ThaiHotels mah. u want to break bro ThaiHotels's ricebowl huh. huuumph! :mad:

Sinoview
30-01-2008, 03:58 PM
My personal view is that if Tim's price is similar to wat we used to get then... we can simply consider switch future bookings to him.....

If there is a price different then Tim probably can do his part to narrow it.

Let's make it a win win situation here.

Happy n Prosperous Year of the Rat to All.

Triple-X
31-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Need some help here bros.Can anyone recommend me a good,gal-friendly hotel,near the night bazaar and Soi 20+,no need so posh also can la.Budget around SGD$60-100 per day?:p:D

jackytheman
01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi Help needed urgently......please confirm is palazzo really not guess friendly as i have booked room from 5th feb.2008......if so will cancel it and change to another ladies friendly hotel.....?any other better hotel that any one out there can recommend?thanks.

jackytheman
01-02-2008, 08:44 PM
please up date me on the situation in palazzo? still guess friendly?:eek:

Rub&Buah
02-02-2008, 03:56 AM
As long as u book ur hotel thru tim(thaihoteldiscount)it will still be guess friendly thou u may encunter ssome hassle of checking when u pass by with the gals,the currently system situation need to be advice by tim.

Mr.romantic
02-02-2008, 05:03 AM
As long as u book ur hotel thru tim(thaihoteldiscount)it will still be guess friendly thou u may encunter ssome hassle of checking when u pass by with the gals,the currently system situation need to be advice by tim.

so much hassle. like that bro Tim might want to give out "ThaiHotelDiscounts.com" sticker tags to his customers so the security staff won't bother them when they come back with a girl. :D

lacoruna69
02-02-2008, 10:47 AM
u may encounter some hassle of checking when u pass by with the gals,the currently system situation need to be advice by tim.

I had never visited BKK. Anyway, this kind of checking pissed most Bros off. Spoil mood. As if I'm bring in terrorist like that.

so much hassle. like that bro Tim might want to give out "ThaiHotelDiscounts.com" sticker tags to his customers so the security staff won't bother them when they come back with a girl.

Haha. Good idea. To save the hassle, just skip this stupid hotel.

adidas88
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
i'll be in BKK tomorrow and staying in Hotel Palazzo ...
will update what's the situation on the gal-friendly issue here ...:D

any bros know where i can get free wifi internet service in BKK ??

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all bros in advance ...:)

beachboii
05-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I was there 10days ago and stay in Palazzo for 3 days. I did bring a lady guest with me and so far i did not encounter anyone stopping me.

:)

BlueDragon193
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM
i'll be in BKK tomorrow and staying in Hotel Palazzo ...
will update what's the situation on the gal-friendly issue here ...:D

any bros know where i can get free wifi internet service in BKK ??

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all bros in advance ...:)

There are several free hotspots inside Explanade shopping mall and Mcdonald is one of the fastest.

Enjoy your CNY in Bkk.

ThaiHotels
07-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I was there 10days ago and stay in Palazzo for 3 days. I did bring a lady guest with me and so far i did not encounter anyone stopping me.

:)

All bros,

Palazzo Hotel Assistant Manager just came to my office.

Latest News.

Palazzo Hotel is back to guest friendly again. You will not be stopped and questioned. Traditional massage shop girls outside the hotel. Girl will need to pay 500 Baht per night only. These girls wear coloured uniforms.

2. The new hotel opposite to open in April offers larger Studio rooms than Palazzo Hotel with larger bathtubs and some Jacuzzi rooms. Name will be Hip Hotel. Our rates should be around the same as Top View Studios in the Palazzo Hotel.

Tim

Triple-X
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
2. The new hotel opposite to open in April offers larger Studio rooms than Palazzo Hotel with larger bathtubs and some Jacuzzi rooms. Name will be Hip Hotel. Our rates should be around the same as Top View Studios in the Palazzo Hotel.

Tim

Thats good news.So is this Hip Hotel guest-friendly too i presume?:)

mekongcatfish
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM
This is really some good news. They finally came to their senses to cancel such rulling. Most probably they will lose a fair bit of business from us. I for one will give Palazzo a miss if they not guest friendly (heading back to Majestic suites).

Bushnell 1918cb
08-02-2008, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=ThaiHotels;2570058]All bros,

Is there a new hotel opposite Palazzo? Where? A 7-11 store & a T.massage outlet are opposite. Beside palazzo is Mirage MP. Please be specific. Tks.

adidas88
11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=ThaiHotels;2570058]All bros,

Is there a new hotel opposite Palazzo? Where? A 7-11 store & a T.massage outlet are opposite. Beside palazzo is Mirage MP. Please be specific. Tks.

i believe Tim meant the new hotel on the road beside Emeral Hotel where Sparks Disco entrance used to be when they r in operation ..
there r 2 new buildings along the road still in construction now ... almost complete soon ..
understand that one of them is a private apartment ...
the new Hip Hotel should be the one in pink color if that's what Tim is refering to ....

i believe the extension part (formally mirage) will not be ready by april ...

yes ... it's confirmed that hotel palazzo is gal-friendly ...:p
i was staying there from 6th to 10th feb and have no problem bringing gals to my room although i can see there are added new faces security at the front desk but none of them stopped me cos they have seen me talking to the bell boys and concierges like friends ...:)
i was a regulars there and they know my face ...
anyway ... i gave them each a 100baht ang pow for chok dee ...
so that helps bond our relationship ...:D

adidas88
11-02-2008, 02:57 PM
sorry double post ...

goldenmile
13-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Will be in Bkk this month. Any recommendation for guest friendly hotels in Sukhumvit area near Nana Ent Plaza? Budget ard the same as Palazzo? Since Palazzo had toyed with the idea of joiner fees, should be prepared if they change thier minds again.

motodiary
17-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Will be in Bkk this month. Any recommendation for guest friendly hotels in Sukhumvit area near Nana Ent Plaza? Budget ard the same as Palazzo? Since Palazzo had toyed with the idea of joiner fees, should be prepared if they change thier minds again.

Top Inn Hotel..

Top Inn Hotel | City Photo Guide | Bangkok (http://www.cityphotoguide.com/node/557)Top Inn, Near Soi 4, 128 Sukhumvit Rd, Bangkok, Bangkok - Thailand guesthouse review by Travelfish. (http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/sukhumvit_soi_1_to_asok/all/1139)

almost right next to the entrance of Nana Plaza..

Cost 1200 baht for standard room...
the exterior may look unappealing but the rooms are good enough, clean and newly renovated. too bad, they never renovate the bathtub floor, which is broken in my room. there are free Wifi signal from nearby restaurants at the hotel lobby, which double up as travel agency counter. take a look at the pictures.... I stayed on the highest floor and the Wifi signal is too weak but I bet if you are on the second floor, it is practically the same as the lobby.
Hope this helps.

adidas88
18-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Top Inn Hotel..

Top Inn Hotel | City Photo Guide | Bangkok (http://www.cityphotoguide.com/node/557)Top Inn, Near Soi 4, 128 Sukhumvit Rd, Bangkok, Bangkok - Thailand guesthouse review by Travelfish. (http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/sukhumvit_soi_1_to_asok/all/1139)

the exterior may look unappealing but the rooms are good enough, clean and newly renovated. too bad, they never renovate the bathtub floor, which is broken in my room. there are free Wifi signal from nearby restaurants at the hotel lobby, which double up as travel agency counter. take a look at the pictures.... I stayed on the highest floor and the Wifi signal is too weak but I bet if you are on the second floor, it is practically the same as the lobby.
Hope this helps.

IMHO .... 1200baht/night at this place don't seem to be a good deal ...
firstly ... it doesn't even looked like a hotel ... more like a lodging motel ...
thus 1200baht/night is consider rather expensive ...
i'll agreed that the location is near where's the happening is ...

1200baht/night ... u can get the normal standard room(old wing) in palazzo hotel ... the room is clean, spacious and safe ... and come with B/F ..
the happenings is also ard and near the hotel too ....

my 2 cents ...

ThaiHotels
19-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Top Inn Hotel..

Hope this helps.

I have seen and past by this hotel many times. It is practically next to Majestic Suites.

I would not even try to compare this place with The Palazzo as you would be bitterly disappointed for sure. Palazzo is a different class. No two ways about it.

Tim

adidas88
19-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I have seen and past by this hotel many times. It is practically next to Majestic Suites.

I would not even try to compare this place with The Palazzo as you would be bitterly disappointed for sure. Palazzo is a different class. No two ways about it.

Tim

me cannot agreed anything less on what Tim said ...
i have stayed in hotel palazzo since i start cheonging bkk in the new millennium and have never been disappointed with the hotel ..
the new extension is really my favourite ... cozy, clean and safe ...with LCD screen and dvd player in room ... spacious bathroom .. though it's smaller compare with the old wing .. it's very comfortable ...
IMHO ... at 1600baht/night .. it's value for money ...

motodiary
19-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I don;t think I am comparing Top Inn to Palazzo in my posts. I don't think I have ever said it is even in the same class. I have recommending that hotel to "goldenmile" because he want a hotel that is CLOSE TO Nana Plaza AND is around 1200 baht. He didn't said anything about being in the same class.

I have stayed in both Top Inn and Palazzo Hotel before and in fact, the reason I have stayed in Top Inn is because Bro Tim couldn't secure room for me for the initial two days on a very late notice. The room quality of Top Inn is good enough for brothers with simple need. Personally I prefer to stay in hotels that are a bit further from any crowded roads but Top Inn will be a good alternative to me if I ever get caught up in a situation where I need a room urgently in an area that is near to public transport.

draken
20-02-2008, 12:52 AM
bro Tim,

have Up you for ur assistance on the booking for palazzo in Jan...

I will be going to Bkk this Mar. will contact u again to book.

Btw i heard palazzo has this executive suit .. any idea how much per nite? tks

ThaiHotels
20-02-2008, 01:44 AM
bro Tim,

have Up you for ur assistance on the booking for palazzo in Jan...

I will be going to Bkk this Mar. will contact u again to book.

Btw i heard palazzo has this executive suit .. any idea how much per nite? tks

Bro thanks. Will help all I can again.

Exec Suite, dont sell it as too expensive and not worth it.

Tim

motodiary
20-02-2008, 08:58 AM
It seems that expressing an opinion to help another AND defending it is not acceptable in this forum as it is obvious my reputation point is now 3 due to this. :eek:

ThaiHotels
20-02-2008, 02:49 PM
It seems that expressing an opinion to help another AND defending it is not acceptable in this forum as it is obvious my reputation point is now 3 due to this. :eek:

I upped you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Tim

mrhugo
20-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I understand that the Mirage (former MP) is now undergoing a major overhaul to convert from an MP to a hotel. Any idea on when the reconstruction will be completed?

goldenmile
22-02-2008, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=motodiary;2590223]I don;t think I am comparing Top Inn to Palazzo in my posts.

Thanks motodiary for your info.
Felt bad it got you some inconvenience to explain yourself. Hope it is ok now.

Any idea TOP INN is girl friendly? Might want to take away Agogo meal from Nana Agogo rest:D

goldenmile
22-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I don;t think I am comparing Top Inn to Palazzo in my posts.

Thanks motodiary for your info.
Felt bad it got you some inconvenience to explain yourself. Hope it is ok now.

Any idea TOP INN is girl friendly? Might want to take away Agogo meal from Nana Agogo rest:D

motodiary
26-02-2008, 11:57 PM
YES. It is girl-friendly. I have asked the receptionist while previewing the room and she said it is ok if it is ONE guest. It seems some people look for hotels that allow unlimited number of guests for threesomes, foursomes etc and ask in advance previously... :P