PDA

View Full Version : Visa runs in Thailand still possible ?

Peter_North
06-01-2008, 02:23 AM
With the new rules after October 2006, any brothers out there in Thailand still managed to stay in Thailand for long term without a work permit type of VISA ?

TD.king
06-01-2008, 03:01 AM
With the new rules after October 2006, any brothers out there in Thailand still managed to stay in Thailand for long term without a work permit type of VISA ?

bro, if u want to stay long term in thailand, u can go to the thai embassey in orchard rd to apply for a social visit pass. sure can approved easily. one of my friend always did that, so he need not do a u-turn to get his passport chop again. hope this can help u.:)

vmtech
06-01-2008, 10:58 AM
90days tourist visa (60+30) + 3 border runs (30x3) + 90days tourist visa (60+30) + 3 border runs (30x3) .

and over .
stay in sg for a week or 2 to coverup for the overlapping days, tourist visa application for sgreans in the thai emb in sg is free. no hassle, just fillup form, bring pp, and come back to collect the next working day.

done it. it works.

prizzi_65
06-01-2008, 11:05 AM
How much is the social visit pass and VISA?

If you are a Singaporean or have valid working permit in Singapore (EP, PR etc) you can apply for a Business Visa at the Thai Embassy at Orchard Road. It is free. However the business visa is only good for a single visit within three months of approving the visa (not date of entry into LOS). You apply in the morning and can get it in the next day afternoon.

When the current govt came into power, they enforced the 90 days within 6 months window rule. Meaning that you will denied entry if you travelled to LOS for more than 90 days within 6 windows (multiple entries). For those who cheong, I doubt you can use up 90 days in 6 months. So it should be okay to enter the kingdom using your passport or visa-on-arrival.

For those like me who apply for the business visa, you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit when you are inside LOS. You cannot apply for multiple entry in the Thai Embassy in SGP, only when you are inside LOS. You can either go to the local Immigration Department to apply for the re-entry permit or you can do it at the airport. More info can be found on a website that I don't have it with me right now. I will update it later. At the airport, you have to fill up a form and pay 3800 baht. The process takes about an hour and so you want to go to the airport two hours earlier than your normal schedule. The time can vary depending on the number of applicant. Once the multiple re-entry permit is approved. You can enter the kingdom any number of time within the validity of the business visa. Note that the re-entry permit does not extend your visa in any way. It simply allows you to use your business visa for the full duration of the validity period.

I may not have all the full details as my HR in my SGP and BKK office handle all my paperwork. I give them my passport and photos and they come back with the valid visa. One thing I know if you need plenty of photos. In SGP, we need passport size photos. If you happen to be taking your photos in LOS, you must tell them visa size photos. Passport size photos in LOS is even bigger. I made that mistake once and I had to cut the photos into size.

You can extend your business visa in LOS but it is only for a maximum of 7 calendar days. Only one extension is granted. You have to go to the local immigration department to extend it.

Peter_North
06-01-2008, 02:19 PM
bro, if u want to stay long term in thailand, u can go to the thai embassey in orchard rd to apply for a social visit pass. sure can approved easily. one of my friend always did that, so he need not do a u-turn to get his passport chop again. hope this can help u.:)

Bro Vmtech answered most of the questions. Thai Embassy gives 60+30 only, not long term as in 1 year etc.

Peter_North
06-01-2008, 02:25 PM
90days tourist visa (60+30) + 3 border runs (30x3) + 90days tourist visa (60+30) + 3 border runs (30x3) .

and over .
stay in sg for a week or 2 to coverup for the overlapping days, tourist visa application for sgreans in the thai emb in sg is free. no hassle, just fillup form, bring pp, and come back to collect the next working day.

done it. it works.

Bro, the Indian lady at Th.E Orchard says after my 60 + 30 days VISA, I will have to wait OUTSIDE Thailand for another 60 days before Th.E will approve a 2nd VISA for a similar 60 + 30 days. So if I do my border runs for 3 x 30 days after the expiry of my 1st VISA, you think Th.E Orchard or other Th.E in Laos or Cambodia will give me a 2nd VISA ?

vmtech
06-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Bro Vmtech answered most of the questions. Thai Embassy gives 60+30 only, not long term as in 1 year etc.

Bro Peter_north, tourist visas got double and 3riple entries but den... veyr hard to get and from what i know that the thai embassy in singapore only issue single entry. The method i said was the most hassle free bah, Hope this helps :)

Peter_North
06-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Bro Peter_north, tourist visas got double and 3riple entries but den... veyr hard to get and from what i know that the thai embassy in singapore only issue single entry. The method i said was the most hassle free bah, Hope this helps :)

Thanks, Bro. I'm aware that Th.E outside Thailand only issues single entry. I'm not so concerned about the number of entries; I don't have to come back to Singapore until my VISA expires.

I'm more concerned about the method you suggested, as I plan to go for a long stretch of at least 6 months before considering dropping by Singapore again.

It's because of what the Indian lady at Th.E Orchard said that I'm worried about my chances for a 2nd tourist VISA, as the 3 x 30 border runs means I didn't stay "outside" Thailand for 60 days before applying for a 2nd tourist VISA.

Peter_North
06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
When the current govt came into power, they enforced the 90 days within 6 months window rule. Meaning that you will denied entry if you travelled to LOS for more than 90 days within 6 windows (multiple entries). For those who cheong, I doubt you can use up 90 days in 6 months. So it should be okay to enter the kingdom using your passport or visa-on-arrival.

I believe this is where the confusion starts.

Foremost, VISA exemption up to xx days and VISA on arrival are different. And both are NOT tourist VISAs. For Singaporeans, it's VISA exemption up to 30 days. PRC will be VISA on arrival, up to 7days or 14 days with fees payable at the airport in BKK.

If we go to the Th. E @ Orchard, it's called a Tourist VISA and it's 60 days + 30 days. Nothing to do with business. You can indicate your purpose as Leisure and you'll still get the same Tourist VISA with no questions asked.

If we've a business in BKK or a branch in BKK, we're talking about business VISA which is an entirely different animal.

The multiple entry VISA should not be confused with VISA border runs. You do border runs because you don't have a VISA and you're counting on the usual VISA exemption. And the MOST IMPORTANT part about the new rules is this:

The 90-day within 6 months cap only affects people without VISA, i.e. people doing border runs. The idea is to stop people from doing border runs indefinitely. The period whereby you stay in Thailand WITH A TOURIST or non-emigrant VISA does not count towards the 90 days.

So if you've been in Thailand for 90 days based on a Tourist VISA you got from Th. E @ Orchard, when you do your VISA border run, this period whereby you stayed in Thailand based on a Tourist VISA will not count towards the 90 days within 6 months limitation.

vmtech
06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
the indian lady (shima) is correct, the rule in thailand now is u can stay 90days of visa-exempted stamps out of 180 days in a year.

visa-exempted stamps refer to the stamps u have when u go over to thailand without a tourist visa, which is also the 1s u have when u do ur border runs.

so what happens if u are already up to ur 90th day (3rd run) but u still want to stay in thailand? simple, leave thailand and visit a consulate to get a TOURIST visa. that will allow u to stay in thailand because Tourist visa doesnt count into the 90days in 180day rule.

and a good way to stay more den 6 months is to get a tourist visa 1st, after your 60+30, go for 3 visa runs, and den leave thailand to singapore for a week (to cover up for those overlapping days) by the time u come back singapore, it would have been more den 90days since ur last visa run, so add your 1st 60+30 and your 90days, that would have been 180days, end of cycle 1. proceed to get ur tourist visa and go back in.

it's also possible that the emb will refuse u the tourist visa back to back but that is why i go for touristvisa den 3 visa runs, instead of tourist visa after tourist visa. and normally they will issue backtoback without any problems for 3 times, before they start to suspect. but it's not permanent, just head to penang if singapore dont allow, and by the time penang stop issuing u, head back to singapore lor.

it's rather confusing in words but i hope u get wad i mean?

and dont take those farang's posts in other forums too seriously, as they have problems getting tourist visas, forcing them to go back. they wouldnt have problems at all in the thai embassy of thier HOME country. but why they go penang, singapore, etc because it's nearer and cheaper from thailand.

but for us sinaporeans, this is our HOME country, almost no problems in getting back to back visas up to 3 times.

ANOTHER WAY: is to get a ED visa, costs u around 30kthb a year, and it gives u a whole 1 yr to to stay in thailand.

just enroll in a thai language school and let the school take care of it, that's what my burmese girl is doing now in bangkok.

motodiary
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Although I have never been in a position to be concerned about this, I have been making the same assumption as Peter North and I believe many others people do as well.

@vmtech,

Thank You for clearing things up.

Peter_North
06-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Although I have never been in a position to be concerned about this, I have been making the same assumption as Peter North and I believe many others people do as well.

@vmtech,

Thank You for clearing things up.

I don't think you understood the whole situation correctly.

I don't remember making any assumptions. What were your assumptions ?

Peter_North
06-01-2008, 08:22 PM
so what happens if u are already up to ur 90th day (3rd run) but u still want to stay in thailand? simple, leave thailand and visit a consulate to get a TOURIST visa. that will allow u to stay in thailand because Tourist visa doesnt count into the 90days in 180day rule.

This option is OUT for me because I've already apply for a Tourist VISA.

and a good way to stay more den 6 months is to get a tourist visa 1st, after your 60+30, go for 3 visa runs, and den leave thailand to singapore for a week (to cover up for those overlapping days) by the time u come back singapore, it would have been more den 90days since ur last visa run, so add your 1st 60+30 and your 90days, that would have been 180days, end of cycle 1. proceed to get ur tourist visa and go back in.

Let us just round up the 3 consecutive VISA runs to 90 days (no overlapping) for the sake of calculation. If for example:

1 Jan 2008 - 31 Mar 2008 (Tourist VISA obtained from Embassy)
1 Apr 2008 - 30 Apr 2008 (1st VISA run)
1 May 2008 - 31 May 2008 (2nd VISA run)
1 Jun 2008 - 30 Jun 2008 (3rd VISA run)

I have completed 90 days using Tourist VISA and 90 days VISA runs, and when I seek to apply a 2nd Tourist VISA from the Embassy, will my 2nd Tourist VISA be considered a Back 2 Back VISA ?

My worry is this: The Embassy will check my passport and she sees that I have been in Thailand for the past 6 months, out of which 90 days were accumulated via VISA runs. The Embassy clearly told me I needed to be out of Thailand for 2 months before they will consider a 2nd Tourist VISA ?

it's rather confusing in words but i hope u get wad i mean?

Indeed. Especially the part of staying one week in Singapore for covering the "overlapping" days. What is the purpose of covering the overlapping days ? My 3 VISA runs may chalk up about, say 83 days. When I go to the Embassy for my 2nd Tourist VISA, what difference does that additional 7 days make ?

(1) The Embassy is either going to look at whether I have been OUTSIDE Thailand for 60 days, in which case the 7 days will not be enough; OR

(2) If the Embassy is going to count the period I had been INSIDE Thailand for using VISA runs backdating 6 months, they will notice that I chalked up 83 days ? They will give me another 7 days to stay in Thailand :(

In the case of (2), if I apply for a 2nd Tourist VISA on 1 Jul 2008 (based on the above example), the Embassy look back 6 months and see that I have used up the max of 90 days VISA runs, so I don't get a 2nd Tourist VISA. If I apply on 1 Aug 2008, same thing; 1 Sep 2008, same thing. Only when it hits 1 October 2008, I get 30 days; 1 November I get 60 days.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

vmtech
06-01-2008, 09:16 PM
overlapping days means to cover up the days , taking for instance u go on visa runs on ur 30th day, so ur 1st day is actually ur 30th day too .

and when ur tourist visa expiry date falls on a holiday where the immirgation at suanplu aint open, you need to go early a few days. thats the overlapping days, because if you add up all your 60+30 + 30x3, it has to be 180days and above to complete the cycle.

Shima never said anithing about having to say 2 months away from thailand before, because i went to her 3 times using the method i mentioned and she didnt even blink at me when she issued my tourist visa LOL

so no worries bro

Let us just round up the 3 consecutive VISA runs to 90 days (no overlapping) for the sake of calculation. If for example:

1 Jan 2008 - 31 Mar 2008 (Tourist VISA obtained from Embassy)
1 Apr 2008 - 30 Apr 2008 (1st VISA run)
1 May 2008 - 31 May 2008 (2nd VISA run)
1 Jun 2008 - 30 Jun 2008 (3rd VISA run)

I have completed 90 days using Tourist VISA and 90 days VISA runs, and when I seek to apply a 2nd Tourist VISA from the Embassy, will my 2nd Tourist VISA be considered a Back 2 Back VISA ?

nope. back to back means 2 tourist visa without the visa runs in btwn.
and always i use Backpacking as a reason everytime a question on why i need so long to be in thailand. works like a charm

Peter_North
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Shima never said anithing about having to say 2 months away from thailand before, because i went to her 3 times using the method i mentioned and she didnt even blink at me when she issued my tourist visa LOL

so no worries bro

Bro, you yandao izzit ? :p

nope. back to back means 2 tourist visa without the visa runs in btwn.
and always i use Backpacking as a reason everytime a question on why i need so long to be in thailand. works like a charm

So are you stationed in Thailand now ? What are you doing in Thailand ?

vmtech
07-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Bro, you yandao izzit ? :p

So are you stationed in Thailand now ? What are you doing in Thailand ?

i wish i was yandao,but too bad no leh

now im not stattioned there liao, was there most of 2007, for reasons i wish to keep personal :P sorry

Peter_North
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
i wish i was yandao,but too bad no leh

now im not stattioned there liao, was there most of 2007, for reasons i wish to keep personal :P sorry

Hey, no problem.

I'm going to be in bKK soon, and I hope to stay there for the whole of 2008.

vmtech
08-01-2008, 04:19 AM
hi, if u have the cash to spend, why not enroll in a thai language school and get a ED visa

Welcome To Thai Language School | www.Thaiwalen.com (http://www.thaiwalen.com)

Peter_North
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
hi, if u have the cash to spend, why not enroll in a thai language school and get a ED visa

Welcome To Thai Language School | www.Thaiwalen.com (http://www.thaiwalen.com)

Thanks, Bro. I wouldn't say I've the cash to spend. 30K baht for a year is pretty costly. But I'll have to use it as a last resort. But after that ??

That is my concern. Even if you marry a Thai girl, which I intend to, you still need to show income earned in Thailand of 40K baht to quality for a long term VISA. But to earn 40K baht, you need a work permit. To get your own work permit by setting up a company with your Thai wife, and for your wife to employ you so that you get a work permit, the company has to have a paid-up capital of 2 million baht.

There're loads of red tape to overcome :(

vmtech
08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Bro. I wouldn't say I've the cash to spend. 30K baht for a year is pretty costly. But I'll have to use it as a last resort. But after that ??

That is my concern. Even if you marry a Thai girl, which I intend to, you still need to show income earned in Thailand of 40K baht to quality for a long term VISA. But to earn 40K baht, you need a work permit. To get your own work permit by setting up a company with your Thai wife, and for your wife to employ you so that you get a work permit, the company has to have a paid-up capital of 2 million baht.

There're loads of red tape to overcome :(

hehe bro, it's either 40k a month or a lump sum of 400k in your bank, with certification proven by the bank that it was wired from overseas.

as for the school, i spoke to kkun mac, you can always extend your visa for another year again and again up to 3 yrs without issues.

it's not alot of red tape, it's just that thais love thier documents and stamps LOL

Peter_North
08-01-2008, 06:38 PM
hehe bro, it's either 40k a month or a lump sum of 400k in your bank, with certification proven by the bank that it was wired from overseas. [QUOTE]

Bro, I think the 400K bank balance is not accurate.

as for the school, i spoke to kkun mac, you can always extend your visa for another year again and again up to 3 yrs without issues.

Yeah, and I pay 30K every year.

Peter_North
10-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Bro Vm, you buddy buddy with 'walen' ?

The location is pretty good. The Coca Restn downstairs the waitresses are a cock tease...those in red uniform.

vmtech
10-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Bro Vm, you buddy buddy with 'walen' ?

The location is pretty good. The Coca Restn downstairs the waitresses are a cock tease...those in red uniform.

nah, aint buddy buddy with mac, but just that i am usin that service right now for my girlfriend.

Peter_North
11-01-2008, 12:35 PM
nah, aint buddy buddy with mac, but just that i am usin that service right now for my girlfriend.

Oh, ur g/f not Thai ?

Do they teach you how to write Thai ?

vmtech
11-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh, ur g/f not Thai ?

Do they teach you how to write Thai ?

my girl's Shan.

yes they do teach u how to read and write thai as well

pussyman72
11-01-2008, 10:34 PM
here is the website about the diff type of thai visa.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand : : Visa & Travel Documents (http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php)

Peter_North
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
here is the website about the diff type of thai visa.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand : : Visa & Travel Documents (http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php)

If you've been reading the posts, you will notice that the discussion has gone way beyond the URL that you posted. Surely you don't expect an official government site to guide you on the possible loopholes in their policies you can exploit :p

Peter_North
12-01-2008, 11:53 AM
my girl's Shan.

yes they do teach u how to read and write thai as well

Bro Vm, can recommend a good pre-paid SIM in Thailand for me ?

I'm looking for something that offers a Free IDD calls to Singapore (i.e. on local rates).

BTW, I understand Singapore driving licence is accepted in Thailand. Is there still a need to convert to a Thai licence ?

vmtech
12-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Bro Vm, can recommend a good pre-paid SIM in Thailand for me ?

I'm looking for something that offers a Free IDD calls to Singapore (i.e. on local rates).

BTW, I understand Singapore driving licence is accepted in Thailand. Is there still a need to convert to a Thai licence ?

as mentioned in another post by another bro, you need to apply for a IDP.

without that your SG driving license is useless. get that and den have it converted. in Thailand, anything that is in english without thai words seems to be useless so your driving license on its own is pretty much as useless as your safra card.

i always use DTAC, pretty good reception throughout. 009 prefix calls to singapore at 5 or 7thb/min pretty ok for short calls. if u looking for mainly calling overseas, get this:

DeeDial -Thailand's No. 1 Discounted International Calling Service (http://www.deedial.com/web2/en/home.php)

Peter_North
13-01-2008, 02:05 AM
as mentioned in another post by another bro, you need to apply for a IDP.

without that your SG driving license is useless. get that and den have it converted. in Thailand, anything that is in english without thai words seems to be useless so your driving license on its own is pretty much as useless as your safra card.

i always use DTAC, pretty good reception throughout. 009 prefix calls to singapore at 5 or 7thb/min pretty ok for short calls. if u looking for mainly calling overseas, get this:

DeeDial -Thailand's No. 1 Discounted International Calling Service (http://www.deedial.com/web2/en/home.php)

Bro Vm, this deedial thingy is exactly what I need ! Thanks man .... it's about 6 sgd cents per minute to call Singapore...wow wee !

vmtech
13-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Bro Peter, after you buy and try can let us know if the sound quality if good?
I know direct dial +66 / +65 is always very clear cuz.. its 1dolar+ per min.. but some of the non-direct dial not that clear and take time to connects. thanks.

Also are you trying to get IDP? If so can also share how to go about getting it.

i tried it liao, gf's using it on True to call me sometimes. On my side it's clear as crystal, and on her side it's as good as 009, +65 prefix

Peter_North
13-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Bro Peter, after you buy and try can let us know if the sound quality if good?
I know direct dial +66 / +65 is always very clear cuz.. its 1dolar+ per min.. but some of the non-direct dial not that clear and take time to connects. thanks.

Also are you trying to get IDP? If so can also share how to go about getting it.

I will give feedback, just be vigilant over this thread. But Bro Vm has confirmed it's good; I'll give you my opinion when I'm there.

As for IDP, I read in several sites that with Singapore DL, you can drive in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.

Next thing is to get a satelite dish. Bro Vm got kangtao or not ?? ;)

Peter_North
13-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeh.. I used to have this farang friend he ride his bike all the way up to Thailand for road trip. I wonder...

Y u need a satelite dish? u rent an apartment in bkk?

Going to stay there for as long as Thailand allows. So cannot be staying in hotel right ?

What is your interest in Thailand ?

Peter_North
13-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Bro Vm,

Thinking of ways to earn a living in Thailand.

Got ideas???

vmtech
13-01-2008, 10:12 PM
as long as you apply for a IDP, you can drive in thailand, simple as that.
Satallite dish? no need la, when you rent your apartment, choose 1 with the dish already installed (look up at rooftop and if u see a satalite dish, likely they provide UBC(truecable)

if not, ask to install when you rent, cable guy will install for you 1 ma.. unless you are talking about LEECHING lol, den i not so sure liao.

living in thailand.. many ways also.. and also dependent on your lifestyle..

what is your reason for living in thailand? lol dont give the booboo about loving the culture and thai language, you and i honestly all know that this is just bull.

for me i ever spent 15k including rental in a month, and also 51k in a month. lol

judging from your lifestyle, you can guage what kind of jobs u can do, if u have a degree and can speak/write thai, try your luck with the job agencies.

if nothing, den try the internet, i used to stay there and with the internet age, money can be earned.. although the amount fluctuates alot :P

arbo, if ur CPF sibei alot, buy a good condo or house, rent it out and go thailand live on your rental from singapore lor :P

Peter_North
13-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Bro VM,

I want to install a satellite dish so that I don't have to subscribe to UBC. UBC can cost a bomb and you don't get as many channels as satellite dish.

Come to think of it, may have to sign up with walen and learn how to write thai. But it's a long term investment, will take a long time before it can bear fruits.

You mentioned internet age, and you said "you stayed there". What do you mean ? Opening an internet cafe ? Till today nobody can figure out how internet cafes can make money.

CPF monies ? You and I know they're all trapped in CPF account for good unless you can obtain Thai citizenship, which is a very difficult task.

vmtech
13-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi Bro VM,

I want to install a satellite dish so that I don't have to subscribe to UBC. UBC can cost a bomb and you don't get as many channels as satellite dish.

Come to think of it, may have to sign up with walen and learn how to write thai. But it's a long term investment, will take a long time before it can bear fruits.

You mentioned internet age, and you said "you stayed there". What do you mean ? Opening an internet cafe ? Till today nobody can figure out how internet cafes can make money.

CPF monies ? You and I know they're all trapped in CPF account for good unless you can obtain Thai citizenship, which is a very difficult task.

no i dont own a internet shop lol, well there are internet based jobs for example. and even some things u can do like *ahem* betting sites etc lol
when i mean i stayed there i meant i stayed there like what you're about to, cuz back den i had a internet based job where anywhere as long i have my laptop and a decent internet connection i can work, as long i dont appear too drunk to on my lappy haha..

CPF monies are use to buy property lo, if u have shitloads, but a condo (singapore) renovate it and rent it out , i dont mean buy a condo(bangkok) with ur cpf.

UBC is now truevision or soemthing, quite alot of channels leh, chinese angmoh french also got. are you buying an apartment? cuz if you are, i duno where to buy the dish, but if you are renting, you need to ask the landlord 1st, and if they give the nod, den you can apply, and you can ask them where to get it . they'll know.

Peter_North
13-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Got shitloads of monies, go Australia or NZ liao.

Anyway, I'm working on a long term plan to obtain a PR. Of course b4 that, must marry a Thai tirak. So really hoping to do something worthwhile in Thailand and contribute taxes.

vmtech
13-01-2008, 11:29 PM
well in that case, not sure on ur expertise, if u can land urself a good job there (need degree and all that shit la) den good liao..

but again like people say, thailand's the best place to live but the worst place to make money

anyway, you might already know of this site, but if you dont, you can check it out, sometimes can get something (alot actually) out of there as well

Thailand Forum (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum)

vmtech
13-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I seriously think getting a job in Thailand by your own is damn difficult unless you speak thai or write thai. Looking at their newspaper classified ads really make one feel sad about their education system and salary offered.

cuz you will be earning thai pay, but never able to afford tourist's enjoyments like what people here are doing liao.

infact its all boil down to ownself's sacrifices lo, like my friend tt owns a restaurent there actually did offer me a job as a acct mgr, but a THAI acc mgr's pay, which is like 15k a month? i could live there resonably if i want to, but on a personal level i cant accept that amount, so here i am in sillypore lol

15k a month i survive before there.. can go chiong once a week also, but if u wanna save money, can forget it lor, lol cuz after paying your rent and groceries, left peanut liao... somemore ar.. now bkk living stds are increasing also, things better more expensive, not just the beers :P

they do have a retirement visa but tts if you are >50.
bro peternorth can stay in thailand based on marriage visa,that would solve his problem on visas, not hard, but again i believe what he is more concerned is how to make a living there.

got visa no money also LL have to come back

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:04 AM
living in thailand.. many ways also.. and also dependent on your lifestyle..

what is your reason for living in thailand? lol dont give the booboo about loving the culture and thai language, you and i honestly all know that this is just bull.

judging from your lifestyle, you can guage what kind of jobs u can do, if u have a degree and can speak/write thai, try your luck with the job agencies.

arbo, if ur CPF sibei alot, buy a good condo or house, rent it out and go thailand live on your rental from singapore lor :P

lol u are right about the booboo, many of us knows that too well if one wanna stay in thailand for :D

most of us wanna stay n work there. the question is how much we willing to accept working in thailand. how much is enough for us to live there?

getting a job in thailand is very very hard. mostly they prefer thai pple. even they want us, the pay wont be high and we also must be able to read n write thai. basic thai = forget it.

teaching job in thailand maybe possible but the pay is about 8k to 15k baht a mth. but the rather get a farang to teach english then getting a asian to teach english.

I try myself getting a job in thailand as a Manager so far the highest the company offer me is 50k baht a month. which is 3 x lower then what i get in sgp. some even lower. tax u still have to pay urself.

as for buying a house in singapore n collect rental n then move there is a good choice but now they have change the rule in thailand.

Last time so long u marry a thai, u can get a spouse visa with 15k sgd in ur thai bank account. u will be able to get a 1 yr spouse visa. Now no more the rules have change, u have to show prove that every month u have 40k bahts coming into ur bank account or ur wife earning 40k baht a mth then u can apply for a spouse visa.

many things have change in thailand. a good place to ask about this is in thaivisa. many farang actually stay there n they can provide good advice on this.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Got shitloads of monies, go Australia or NZ liao.

Anyway, I'm working on a long term plan to obtain a PR. Of course b4 that, must marry a Thai tirak. So really hoping to do something worthwhile in Thailand and contribute taxes.

getting a PR u need to work there min of 2yrs then u can apply for PR n it may take up to 1 yr to get ur PR. i have a friend who stay in BKK for 10 yrs plus married a thai wife with 3 kids. he got his PR 1 yr ago. he got no problem staying there bcos he own a company there.

there is many way to stay there. 1 of them is to open a private limited company with a cap of 2M baht, u must show prove u have 2M baht in ur thai bank account. with that u can apply a work permit. if u dont have a 2M baht and u cannot be the director of the company therefore u cannot apply for a work permit.

marry a thai tirka wont get u a visa unless u or ur wife earn 40k baht a month then u can apply for a spouse visa. rules have change so best to go find out with the thai authority.

it not as ez as last time we can stay how long also no problem just do visa run can liao. not so clear cut anymore.

as for those satellite dish i think i remember there is some shop that u buy n use without every month pay. not sure there is still such shop ard. i check this 2 yrs ago n there were a few shop selling this in the north. cost about 1k sing.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:22 AM
I think every sgreans wana go thailand stay long for the common reason?
Like VM said for all the culture sake haha.:D

I think they have this retirement-PR which at old age one can apply.

I seriously think getting a job in Thailand by your own is damn difficult unless you speak thai or write thai. Looking at their newspaper classified ads really make one feel sad about their education system and salary offered.

hehehe unless u have 80k sing to put in thai bank to get a retirement visa and still have to show prove every mth u have 20k baht coming to thailand. i have talk to farang in my girl hometown.

this pple actually stay there many yrs. this farang i talk to have been staying in thailand for 7 yrs and he told me about how to get a visa.

there is many diff version of how to apply a retirement visa but from the thai gov URL it said that u need to have 80k sgd baht a rough estimate in thai bank account n show prove u have income coming to ur account every mth.

many of the jobs require a min of degree. example i can give u to be a IT engineer at least a degree some even require a Master. pay there not very good indeed.

I have a thai friend she finish her master 4mths ago. she now earning about 22k baht a mth which is less then 1k. but to them is already very good. not many pple able to get that much.

IT engineers with 2 yrs exp and degree only earn ard 15 to 20k baht.

IT managers range for 30k to 50k.

Now adays MNC they no longer pay non thai high pay liao. they paying local pay package unless u are working in singapore n they send u there for short term posting there else can forget about getting high pay.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Is that baht or sgd?:confused:

hehehe it should be in baht ^^

Peter_North
14-01-2008, 01:29 AM
I put SGD80K in Thai Company Account, and my tirak gets 51% and the remaining 49% I need 6 other shareholders ??? That is helluva hassle.

Get my tirak to be my proxy and pay tax on 40K baht "declared" earnings.

Peter_North
14-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Yea, i saw an advert, a foreign embassy asking for english literate with B. BA + some exp paying USD700 a mth... my jaw dropped...:eek: I wonder what they learn in UNI to earn that amount.:(

You've yet to speak about your interest in Thailand :p

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Yea, i saw an advert, a foreign embassy asking for english literate with B. BA + some exp paying USD700 a mth... my jaw dropped...:eek: I wonder what they learn in UNI to earn that amount.:(

hehehe i dont know. my thai friend she study in this uni. www.ait.ac.th. one yr about 21k sing.

yea it a pity salary too low for us but still ok for thais. up north pple who does not have any education earn about 4k a mth n they feed whole family liao.

Peter_North
14-01-2008, 01:53 AM
This is complicated.:confused:

Well, you register a Thai company the majority shares must be held by the Thais. You need 7 shareholders for any company, but as long as Thai holds more than 50% your remaining 6 shareholders can be foreigners. The majority is tied to the equity, not the number of shareholders.

If you register a Thai company, there is no minimum paid up capital requirement. It's good. But if you want to employ a foreigner, in this case, for each foreigner you employ you must have 2 million baht paid up capital to back up, without which the foreigner will not get his work permit. So even if I register a company and I am a director of the company, if I want a work permit I need to show a paid up capital of 2 million baht. Without a work permit I'm not allowed to work in Thailand.

Getting wife as proxy as machiam living off the wife lah. Wife can declare herself as tutor or translator and declare a monthly income of 40K baht and pay tax accordingly. Of course I will pay the tax on her behalf, then I get a spouse visa lor.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:57 AM
I put SGD80K in Thai Company Account, and my tirak gets 51% and the remaining 49% I need 6 other shareholders ??? That is helluva hassle.

Get my tirak to be my proxy and pay tax on 40K baht "declared" earnings.

hehehe there is ways to by pass this. speak to ur lawyer n they will do the rest.

u will own 49% yes but i not really sure u should even let ur teerak have the 51%.

there is many ways in doing it ^^. there is many loop holes in thailand lol which may still works.

anyway just an advices to all. this advices was given to my thai good friends who tells me about the thais. even my sgp friend who stay there for 10 yrs plus also said that.

out of 10 thais 9 cannot be trusted the last 1 believe 50% can already. well this is just a saying. but still u had to bear in mind this money in ur pocket better then giving everything to ur teerak else u asking for trouble.

seen it myself n hear it many times.

Just remember always create a path for urself incase something happen else u have none.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Wat??? So ex n get so low returns?

maybe thai local uni is cheaper. she come from a rich family so maybe they can affort.

mother bought her a 1.5M house after she finish her master lol. sister just went to eruope to study a phd.

siamcutey
14-01-2008, 02:00 AM
most of us wanna stay n work there. the question is how much we willing to accept working in thailand. how much is enough for us to live there?

getting a job in thailand is very very hard. mostly they prefer thai pple. even they want us, the pay wont be high and we also must be able to read n write thai. basic thai = forget it.

I try myself getting a job in thailand as a Manager so far the highest the company offer me is 50k baht a month. which is 3 x lower then what i get in sgp. some even lower. tax u still have to pay urself.

many things have change in thailand. a good place to ask about this is in thaivisa. many farang actually stay there n they can provide good advice on this.

Given a choice, I would not want to stay and work in Thailand.
Ever got a job offer of $6K SGD monthly plus accoms and car to drive.
But I rejected because of the fact that if today I am going to uproot myself to stay there long term and work because of a girl, it is very foolish.
2ndly, if talk about money, singapore can earn much more.
3rdly, if talk about fresher air, Thailand air is not any fresher than Singapore.
4th, if talk about career, career prospects and opportunities are not as good as in Thailand compared to SG.

End of the day, bottomline is are we going to take 1 step back or few steps back?

Seriously when the Indians, Banglas, Sri Lankans, Chinese, etc when they come in SG to work, they are actually taking few steps forward. And over here we are going to take a step backward or even think of taking the same kind of steps as in when we work and stay in Thailand?

If talking about business, unless you are going to be in manufacturing or trading industry where we are talking about clocking at least 10 million baht in gross profit revenue, why should one even start doing business in Thailand?

The purpose of what I said here is want to go work or do business in foreign country(not only for Thailand), make sure the money earned is worth it, or else whats the point in taking few steps back?

The shiokness of Thailand starts from the bed and should just end on the bed. Don't ever think of starting to buy TV, buy sofa, buy kitchen utensils and then think of buying over the som tam stall outside the house. That will be a major downfall.

siamcutey
14-01-2008, 02:02 AM
out of 10 thais 9 cannot be trusted the last 1 believe 50% can already. well this is just a saying. but still u had to bear in mind this money in ur pocket better then giving everything to ur teerak else u asking for trouble.

seen it myself n hear it many times.

Just remember always create a path for urself incase something happen else u have none.

To many people, the 1 thai that they think they can trust is their tirak. That is the start of downfall for many people;)

vmtech
14-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Is that baht or sgd?:confused:

if i was talking about sgd, i dont think i would still be in singapore LOL

Hahaha, my gf live in Thailand. :o

There we go :P

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 02:07 AM
To many people, the 1 thai that they think they can trust is their tirak. That is the start of downfall for many people;)

lol Hi SC :) well what u said is quite true but it all up to the them to decide to trust or not to trust we not in their shoes to decide that.

most important is to have extra path way for ourself rather then giving everying else really asking for trouble. :)

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 02:11 AM
So... I register a company, 51% goes to Thai, remaining 49% I get 6 Singaporeans relatives as share holders? The company can don't make money? Like Soho?

So even if wife don't make 40k she still can declare 40kbaht a month so end of yr pay tax lar. But how much is the tax?

hehehe there is a salary cap b4 paying tax. i cannot remember what is the thai gov site on this tax. let me find for u hehehe.

well u can get ur wife to delcare 40k baht a month maybe by sending her 40k baht to her bank account n said she do small business in her hometown ^^

siamcutey
14-01-2008, 02:11 AM
lol Hi SC :) well what u said i quite true but it all up to the them to decide to trust or not to trust we not in their shoes to decide that.

most important is to have extra path way for ourself rather then giving everying else really asking for trouble. :)

Most people only need to walk 1 path and be successful. That is why sometimes I think why do we need to have an extra path when others just need 1.

Trust or no trust, make sure the money involved can afford to be lost. Or else, will really be a downfall

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Most people only need to walk 1 path and be successful. That is why sometimes I think why do we need to have an extra path when others just need 1.

Trust or no trust, make sure the money involved can afford to be lost. Or else, will really be a downfall

to be frank many cant affort to lose the money. u n me know it very well n seen how this pple behave when they lost everything.

so i rather they have extra path for themself or later seeing them go crazy. is not the matter of trust or no trust. we never know what is going to happen.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 02:33 AM
For me, home is sg but will not rule out having a second home overseas. I think most pp like me will try to find loop holes to get the best out of it, whether visa, pr or benefits.

Getting a job there is mostly out of Q, finding business opportunities is still achievable but must with help of thai relationship and understanding there.

The is no right or wrong in what we do since we live once only, nothing is easy or free and if possible enjoy every single day.:o

whether to move a step forward or move backward. it depend on the person whether he is willing to give up what he have n move over there.

Singapore is still better then thailand but it also depend one self whether he wants this kind of life style or he prefer the life style in thailand. saying so thailand is not really a good place to stay if u dont have money.

No money no talk. so is very hard to said. i have friends who stay there n live comfortable there so it depend what we want at the end of the day.

vmtech
14-01-2008, 02:46 AM
Satelite dish can receive free channel globally wherever you point and receivable right?
Whereas if pay monthly for cable in the long run bohua right?

depends bah, for me i dont even have ubc or any crap, only tv 1 3 5 7 11

haha, cuz i not a person tt watch alot of TV, if wanna watch internet can get all the news and stuff i wan liao.

yinyang
14-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Seems this visa thread is veering towards employment opportunities tied up with residency in LOS. This also re-visits similiar discussions in previous thai threads. My comments here are just observations by a frequent traveller to krung thep over last 4 years.

IMHO before anyone gets carried away, seriously think it pays to take heed of the discourse here by bros vmtech, pman72 and the venerable SC.

We maybe seduced by things thai (for whatever reasons), but let's get real: there's a universe apart from being a visitor and (ordinary) resident.

Disparity of income levels bkk and sg speak for themselves. Shouldn't surprise anyone here, as it's all about comparative economics (labour cost etc). That's why the toyota you driving is made in thailand.

Unless you have this (dream) posting there with expat perks or a viable local business, hard to imagine one's willing to drop in salary/living standards if you are doing this on your own steam. That's assuming you are conversant with thai language. And you saw the vagaries of equity holding and property titles.

Currently, the macros here sg are looking good with bouyant employment market. That by itself, doesn't quite make sense to now uproot for LOS -unless there are other compelling reasons.

Of course, if one's in a different money league.. like bro norice's planned retirement -it's something else altogether:D

No offense intended, and excuse my trespass here

siamcutey
14-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I think sg is still a better place to work n live since job and home is secure here. As long as you willing to work any job in sg as a sgreans you still can survive.

But because of overseas commitment, things tend to get complicated.

Many a times, we tend to misinterpret tirak relationship as a form of commitment, when actually it is not. Complications always arise.

whether to move a step forward or move backward. it depend on the person whether he is willing to give up what he have n move over there.

Singapore is still better then thailand but it also depend one self whether he wants this kind of life style or he prefer the life style in thailand. saying so thailand is not really a good place to stay if u dont have money.

No money no talk. so is very hard to said. i have friends who stay there n live comfortable there so it depend what we want at the end of the day.

Well, if no money, Thailand is not really a good place. But if have money, there will be a lot of other alternatives better than Thailand. Like Canada, Australia:p

hehehe
SC

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 12:40 PM
We maybe seduced by things thai (for whatever reasons), but let's get real: there's a universe apart from being a visitor and (ordinary) resident.

No offense intended, and excuse my trespass here

bro YY i do agree with you. many pple who have just visited thailand or come to thailand as a vistor to have fun thinks that it a good place to stay in. nice pple, less stress, etc.....

They forget coming to thailand to tour and having fun it diff then staying in thailand and work there.

It not so simple as it is. i did not stay in thailand that long like bro vmtech or bro sc but i myself also have a taste of it in thailand n live together with pple there for a few times whether be it in the villiage or in the city.

Village have a diff way of living then living in city but still all voice down to money.

not many pple understand this. I seen pple who wanted to go thailand just bcos they think the place is nice to stay in n have fun. some actually bcos of teerakship n went to thailand to stay with them.

i cannot said they are wrong but 1 should think whether is it a good choice of moving over n give up a good job in sgp to get a lower paying job in thailand.

be frank i cant. i cannot said im very good or know thailand very well but i seen and expouse myself with them for quite awhile for the last 13 yrs. it never easy to live in thailand when you have no money or even you have 10k, 20k or 30k thinking to move over there to open a small business unless you are prepare to lose it all.

One should ask themself this question are they prepare to lose everything after staying 1 to 2 yrs in thailand if something happen example love, money.

most pple wants to stay in thailand mostly have 2 reason. love or fun.

Peter_North
14-01-2008, 12:44 PM
u will own 49% yes but i not really sure u should even let ur teerak have the 51%.

there is many ways in doing it ^^. there is many loop holes in thailand lol which may still works.

I'm familiar with the ways. But it's an even greater hassle.

Peter_North
14-01-2008, 12:51 PM
So... I register a company, 51% goes to Thai, remaining 49% I get 6 Singaporeans relatives as share holders? The company can don't make money? Like Soho?

So even if wife don't make 40k she still can declare 40kbaht a month so end of yr pay tax lar. But how much is the tax?

Who can guarantee a company will make money ? But the point is what is the point of having a company ? Putting 2 million baht to get a work permit is not worthwhile, if all that you want is to stay in Thailand.

Your interest in Thailand is still pretty remote. When you're really serious as in you consider yourself as not having any of those opportunity cost in leaving Singapore, then we can get into serious in depth discussions about the business and immigration laws in Thailand.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm familiar with the ways. But it's an even greater hassle.

yea i can see u do ur homework heheheh :D yes it indeed a great hassle. i actually went to the lawyer once to check on this, my friend who stay there for 10yrs actually brought me to his lawyer to check on this.

pussyman72
14-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Putting 2 million baht to get a work permit is not worthwhile, if all that you want is to stay in Thailand.

yea do agree with u peter. with 2m at least u can save it and do investment rather then throw money there n dont see anything..... unless very rich 80k is nothing to the person then i nothing to said lol

else for a average joe having 80k is alot n it not ez to save 80k.

i have a senior who took out 20k and move to vietnam to do his small business, now he had to travel to thailand n vietnam to run his business and he stay in thailand with his wife.

Peter_North
14-01-2008, 01:04 PM
yea i can see u do ur homework heheheh :D yes it indeed a great hassle. i actually went to the lawyer once to check on this, my friend who stay there for 10yrs actually brought me to his lawyer to check on this.

I'm not exactly a newbie in Bangkok. But like somebody mentioned, if the shiokness starts in bed, then it should end just there. It's not worth settling there just for that shiokness.

I'm more interested in the Northern mountains. So BKK will be a transit for me for the time being. I'm in a good position in the sense that I don't have any opportunity cost leaving Singapore, as in a high salary or career prospects.

yinyang
14-01-2008, 01:07 PM
..as a vistor to have fun thinks that it a good place to stay in. nice pple, less stress, etc.....
...not many pple understand this. I seen pple who wanted to go thailand just bcos they think the place is nice to stay in n have fun. some actually bcos of teerakship n went to thailand to stay with them. i cannot said they are wrong but 1 should think whether is it a good choice of moving over n give up a good job in sgp to get a lower paying job in thailand. be frank i cant.
..One should ask themself this question are they prepare to lose everything after staying 1 to 2 yrs in thailand if something happen example love, money.
Reality check. Even many farangs "overstayed" their hols (shacked up with gals) and opted for easy teaching jobs (asians forget it, even if you are accredited as thais prefer native speakers) have to supplement their income by other sources. Changes to life style ie living like locals (as bro vmtech managed to get by <bt15k).

And yes, I can vouch for some quoted salary ranges here by what we pay for our staff in our associate (joint venture, some more) companies bkk.

Won't escape us that many thais are eking out a hard living at every street corner. Even labour's exported (and I'm not referring to just male hard hats, hehe:p).

Personal choice indeed, if you got what it takes -money to spare (or marry well!) with planned decisions, who are we to judge here? But naivete's free, be my guest:cool:

Peter_North
14-01-2008, 03:34 PM
It's inevitable that the thread has derailed from "how should" to "why should" ? As soon as it goes into "why should" mode, it becomes an issue of values.

Different people have different reasons for wanting to settle down in Thailand. We will take each of them at face value; ultimately they're answerable to themselves, not us.

A person may express his enthusiasm about Thailand, but the same person may never move to Thailand because of the opportunity cost of a high salary in Singapore. If he sees a good income as more important than his enthusiasm about Thailand, this person will stay put in Singapore. This, we don't even have to tell him. It's all about prioritizing one's values. On the other hand, a person who is truly in love with Thailand will look upon his high salary in Singapore as "shackles" that restrain him from pursuing freedom.

Likewise, if a person is bewitched by the charm of a particular Tirak in Thailand, it's no point trying to poke sense into his hormone filled brain. Such a person will never see eye to eye with another whose entire life is about paying for sex. Both will scorn at each other. One sees the other as naive; the other will say it's sour grapes. As long as they know they're only answerable to themselves, making a wrong judgment is a process of life that it's worth going through at times. Sometimes we spread the "gospel" not because we care; we do it to self-justify so that the more people believe in us the more we feel we made the right decision in the way we live our life.

The point I'm trying to make is once we've decided on a certain course to take, let's just put aside the wisdom or folly at arriving at that particular course. Let's us just concentrate on the "how should" without getting personal into a person's decision-making process.

vmtech
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Hello Bros,

I have some questions, like to hear from Bros who married Thai.
My GF age 24 with Thai Uni Degree and currently working as an accountant in Bangkok. We are planning to get marry end of this year maybe if all goes well.

1. ROM in Thai or Sg better? or same?
2. After ROM, the next day I can straight away apply sg PR for her? I know for sure can apply spouse visa.
3. After ROM, am I eligible to apply to be Thai PR?
4. Is it a must to be PR first then become Citizen?
5. Will her education help her get PR or Citizenship faster?

Thanks.

your answers in red

1. ROM in Thai or Sg better? or same? - same
2. After ROM, the next day I can straight away apply sg PR for her? I know for sure can apply spouse visa. -yes, but subject to approval as usual
3. After ROM, am I eligible to apply to be Thai PR? - No
4. Is it a must to be PR first then become Citizen? - Yes
5. Will her education help her get PR or Citizenship faster? - Yes

vmtech
10-02-2008, 06:13 PM
1. ROM in Thai or Sg better? or same? - same

1.1 I think to marry in Thailand the guy must stay in Thai for 5-7 days right before he can file to marriage? (Also must have few K in thai bank.

1.2 I read ROM website but not much info. Does this rule apply to sg also?
I know can apply online for ROM Q but they never say much.

2.1 Spouse visa apply take how long?

3. After ROM, am I eligible to apply to be Thai PR? - No
This is tough, then I need more info on how to be PR.

3.1 Singaporean can hold PR of other country right if I read correctly?

1.1: 3 days can liao, i married my girl in Bangkok too. i landed on a saturday and i signed the papers on a monday. and they(thai side & sg emb) didnt ask me for any things besides the checklist needed for the avidavitt. bank statement is not in that list.
getting marriage is very easy, just get the documents ready in the checklist given by the sg emb, bring them to sg emb to exchange for a avidavitt (freedom to marry). Den bring that avidavit to get translated and stamped by the MFA in thailand. after that , you may proceed to the district office to get married.
It's possible to get eveyrthing done in 1 day if u want to. i went emb in the morning and i got married at 5pm. after u get your cert, you might wanna have it translated and stamped again by the sg embassy so you can use it in singapore.

thai girl side very simple, just bring along her passport, tabian-baan and ic, that;s all.

1.2: thai bank account applies when u are applying for marriage visa etc where you need to show that the $ was wired from your home country to your thai account more den 3 months ago.

3: To qualify for PR, you need to be staying CONSECUTIVELY for 3 years on a appropriate visa (in this case, they mean marriage visa, business visa or non-immigrant O visa, not tourist visas)

3.1: yes

Peter_North
11-02-2008, 02:54 AM
1.1: 3 days can liao, i married my girl in Bangkok too.

Bro VM, I thought your gal Kon Pharmaa ?:confused:

vmtech
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Bro VM, I thought your gal Kon Pharmaa ?:confused:

yup, kon parma lor, she also have to get a avidavitt from myanmar emb. same way as me cuz she also foreigner

vmtech
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
....getting marriage is very easy, just get the documents ready in the checklist given by the sg emb, bring them to sg emb to exchange for a avidavitt (freedom to marry).
So.. first- After touch down thailand, I go SG emb to get the checklist, sign and endorse by SG emb? Or this avidavitt can be done in sg?
if you can find a sg emb in singapore.. by all means do so.. LOL

Den bring that avidavit to get translated and stamped by the MFA in thailand.
Which authority to translate it? The MFA is the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Thailand?
yes

... after u get your cert, you might wanna have it translated and stamped again by the sg embassy so you can use it in singapore.
So i presume the same authority can translate again?

yups

thai girl side very simple, just bring along her passport, tabian-baan and ic, that;s all.

1.2: So for thai to get spouse visa to come sg stay long term no need bank right?
yes

3: This part I don't get it... to be PR must stay 3 years, so meaning my wife got to stay SG for 3 years using the spouse visa? Like that meaning after ROM i cannot apply PR liao but visa first. But also meaning she cannot work SG since she on visa... or I can apply work permit for my spouse under that visa?

oh sorry, i was actually refering to getting a thai PR, sg pr is see heng suay 1 la, some can get after few mth after marriage, some give birth baby liao still on LTSVP

vmtech
11-02-2008, 04:18 PM
as for the cheklist, dont waste ur trip down, you can get it by emailing them.

anyway i have the list, just print this out..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/vmtech/notice_of_marriage.jpg

CNC cert costs u $45 and 2 weeks to take it.

Marriage Search records takes you 1 working day and $35, done online. self collect at ROM.

MOM declaration takes 2 weeks also.

Your emplyment letter is also needed.

that's all ! all these to exchange for an avidavitt. Bring along ur wifey to the embassy too

Peter_North
11-02-2008, 05:37 PM
yup, kon parma lor, she also have to get a avidavitt from myanmar emb. same way as me cuz she also foreigner

How are you going to get her to stay in Thailand, if that is your plan ?

Or are you going to live in Yangon ?

I'm curious.

Peter_North
11-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Your emplyment letter is also needed.

Ooi, no job but got enough savings how ? Cannot marry Thai girl or marry in Thailand ?

vmtech
12-02-2008, 05:51 AM
How are you going to get her to stay in Thailand, if that is your plan ?

Or are you going to live in Yangon ?

I'm curious.

no way am i going to live in yangon lol, i got the assurance from mac walen from the scjhool that he is able to extend my girl's visa up to 5 years, thats for now, and anyway i MIGHT be bringing her over .. depending on situation :)

Ooi, no job but got enough savings how ? Cannot marry Thai girl or marry in Thailand ?

Wa~ got criminal record cannot marry meh?

this 2 i dont know leh, but aiya, u no crimnial record can liao lo, unless u do. no need care if other people with records can or not lOl.
but im pretty sure the employment letter is needed cuz i was asked for it. (stupid thai girl didnt notice it in the stack)

Peter_North
12-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Freelancer jialat lah ? Cannot marry in Thailand. Then bring her to Singapore and ROM more straightforward lor.

vmtech
12-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Freelancer jialat lah ? Cannot marry in Thailand. Then bring her to Singapore and ROM more straightforward lor.

marry in singapore lor, lagi easier.

Peter_North
12-02-2008, 03:17 PM
marry in singapore lor, lagi easier.

Bro Vm, is your girl Karen tribe ?

vmtech
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Bro Vm, is your girl Karen tribe ?

no, she is not a tribal group, but a minority ethnic group. Thai-lue, or Shan

Peter_North
13-02-2008, 11:27 AM
no, she is not a tribal group, but a minority ethnic group. Thai-lue, or Shan

Bro VM, I have been given a 3-month Tourist VISA. I'm supposed to go to Suan Plu before the end of 2nd month to have my VISA formally validated for the 3rd month.

Is there any issues that I've to bear in mind ? Would appreciate your advice.

Peter_North
13-02-2008, 11:27 AM
repeated post.

vmtech
13-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Bro VM, I have been given a 3-month Tourist VISA. I'm supposed to go to Suan Plu before the end of 2nd month to have my VISA formally validated for the 3rd month.

nothing much to bear, just remember to see if the last day is a weekend or thai holiday, plan ur trip arbo like me idiotic walked down the soi sweating to find it was actually a holiday pui.
bring along some IC photos of urself and 1900thb

and do not eat the bloody gaprow bside the immigration! gave me the runs for 2 days!

Peter_North
13-02-2008, 12:57 PM
nothing much to bear, just remember to see if the last day is a weekend or thai holiday, plan ur trip arbo like me idiotic walked down the soi sweating to find it was actually a holiday pui.
bring along some IC photos of urself and 1900thb

and do not eat the bloody gaprow bside the immigration! gave me the runs for 2 days!

If my VISA expires on 31 March, so by right I should go to Suan Plu on 29 February. If I go 1 week earlier, say 22 February, will my VISA expire on 31 March or 22 March ?

BTW, why did you walk down the Soi ? You didn't take a motorcycle ride ?

Peter_North
13-02-2008, 12:57 PM
repeated post.

snowwolf79
13-02-2008, 05:58 PM
If my VISA expires on 31 March, so by right I should go to Suan Plu on 29 February. If I go 1 week earlier, say 22 February, will my VISA expire on 31 March or 22 March ?

if you have been issued a 3 months visa, how come you need to validate it for the 3rd month? who told you on that. all these while, i am on a 3 month immigrant non-b visa but do not need to do anything on it

vmtech
13-02-2008, 06:05 PM
if you have been issued a 3 months visa, how come you need to validate it for the 3rd month? who told you on that. all these while, i am on a 3 month immigrant non-b visa but do not need to do anything on it
it's a 60day visa that is valid for 1 30days extention.

Peter_North
13-02-2008, 08:06 PM
it's a 60day visa that is valid for 1 30days extention.

Bro, you replied to him neber reply to me ?:confused:

vmtech
14-02-2008, 05:36 AM

sorry sorry bro, missed ur post :)

your 30day extention starts on the day u have ur pp stamped.
so if u go 22 feb, count 30 days as from 22 feb, which is 22 feb.

Peter_North
14-02-2008, 12:45 PM
sorry sorry bro, missed ur post :)

your 30day extention starts on the day u have ur pp stamped.
so if u go 22 feb, count 30 days as from 22 feb, which is 22 feb.

Wow Bro, I'm glad I asked you. I really thought it was going to be swee swee for the full 3 months as indicated in the VISA pasted on my PP.

BTW Bro shouldn't the las day be 21 or 22 March ? How come back to 22 Feb ? You getting married excited ah ?:p

vmtech
14-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow Bro, I'm glad I asked you. I really thought it was going to be swee swee for the full 3 months as indicated in the VISA pasted on my PP.

BTW Bro shouldn't the las day be 21 or 22 March ? How come back to 22 Feb ? You getting married excited ah ?:p

lol i typed that at 5am leh, seh already la hahahahah
already married liao, nothing to be excited about. when you heading over? and what are u planning to spend your time there :P cuz that was what is on my mind, "what to do later?" almost everyday when i was staying in bangkok lol

Peter_North
14-02-2008, 08:58 PM
lol i typed that at 5am leh, seh already la hahahahah
already married liao, nothing to be excited about. when you heading over? and what are u planning to spend your time there :P cuz that was what is on my mind, "what to do later?" almost everyday when i was staying in bangkok lol

You must be kidding, Bro. I just came back from Times Square. Stood there for 15 minutes to listen to the Fat Botak play piano and sing song. That fellow must have helluva lady killer when he was young. Can play and sing well. Must get him to sing "zhangwhat huajai" by Bie.

You're one step ahead of me. What I'm going to do in BKK and the rest of Thailand will depend on whether I can find and marry a Thai girl. BKK is just a transit for me; I'm really looking forward to life in Northern Thailand. So at the moment gotta build my social infrastructure in BKK first..haha.

vmtech
15-02-2008, 05:50 AM
You must be kidding, Bro. I just came back from Times Square. Stood there for 15 minutes to listen to the Fat Botak play piano and sing song. That fellow must have helluva lady killer when he was young. Can play and sing well. Must get him to sing "zhangwhat huajai" by Bie.

You're one step ahead of me. What I'm going to do in BKK and the rest of Thailand will depend on whether I can find and marry a Thai girl. BKK is just a transit for me; I'm really looking forward to life in Northern Thailand. So at the moment gotta build my social infrastructure in BKK first..haha.

oh u are already there ar. how's ur apartment? where did u rent? thinking of switching apartment for my wife soon cuz stupid landlord dowan to install internet line grrrr

maybe a small chore for u to do to spend ur time, maybe look around for an aircard for laptops? i heard in thailand is Hutch and CAT, but not much info about it..

theUnforgotten
15-02-2008, 10:44 AM
maybe a small chore for u to do to spend ur time, maybe look around for an aircard for laptops? i heard in thailand is Hutch and CAT, but not much info about it..

The cards are using the mobile telephone network operating ethier CDMA 2000 or GPRS ( which is very slow , max speeds are 192 Kbps) . Cos Thailand does not have any 3 G ( max speeds 384 Kbps) network at this time ( feb 2008) , though they have plans to roll out this network before end of this decade. HSDPA or 3.5G networks ( same like M1 in Singapore , 3.6 Mbps or above) maybe you have to wait till the Buffalo or Cows to "come" home.:)

personally i doubt that as TIT ( THIS IS THAILAND) .

If u want a cheap n good GPRS card, get one here in SIM LIM for about 200 bucks for usb connections.

Peter_North
15-02-2008, 11:13 AM
oh u are already there ar. how's ur apartment? where did u rent? thinking of switching apartment for my wife soon cuz stupid landlord dowan to install internet line grrrr

If you're downloading games and videos, even my TOT at 1.5M is freaking slow. So I suggest you forget about aircard. Bro Unforgotten is more knowledgeable in this respect. But I do know if you want anything of this sort, it's either Pantip Plaza @ Pratunam or Fortune Town Mall @ Ratchada. The latter, get off at Param 9 MRT.

I'm not renting. How much is your rental and what is your budget ?

BTW, what do you do everyday ? Make babies ??;)

theUnforgotten
15-02-2008, 11:36 AM
If you're downloading games and videos, even my TOT at 1.5M is freaking slow. So I suggest you forget about aircard. Bro Unforgotten is more knowledgeable in this respect. But I do know if you want anything of this sort, it's either Pantip Plaza @ Pratunam or Fortune Town Mall @ Ratchada. The latter, get off at Param 9 MRT.

Indicative pricing of GPRS or Air card ( It's not compatible with our 3 G network cards here in Sg/MY) is about 10,500 Baht . I saw it at Fortune IT mall in Jan this year.

Another place if it's nearer for you is Secon Square IT section.

For TOT or TRUE ,ADSL in thailand is still freaking SLOW only some DSLAMs upgraded to ADSL 2+ ( but not for consumers YET). They still doing ADSL ( older standards) supporting up to 2 Mbps only and Line conditions are shite.

vmtech
15-02-2008, 05:13 PM

my current apartment is 4500/mth, prolly looking at around the same .

u not reenting den where u stay? u staying hotel ar?
everyday, find things to do lor, besides making baby, walk here walk there explore new place, find new friend and jio new friend to make baby lo HAHHAAH

PS. bro pnorth, thanks for the pts :)

Peter_North
15-02-2008, 06:07 PM
my current apartment is 4500/mth, prolly looking at around the same .

u not reenting den where u stay? u staying hotel ar?
everyday, find things to do lor, besides making baby, walk here walk there explore new place, find new friend and jio new friend to make baby lo HAHHAAH

PS. bro pnorth, thanks for the pts :)

I stay in my own condo, near Param 9.

4,500 Bt are you looking at studio ? Must be quite a distance from Walen then.

vmtech
15-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I stay in my own condo, near Param 9.

4,500 Bt are you looking at studio ? Must be quite a distance from Walen then.

no la, its 5mins away from Hwaykwang subway.

1 qn bro, you ditched your job to stay there ar? cool, u must have saved shitloads

Peter_North
15-02-2008, 09:50 PM
no la, its 5mins away from Hwaykwang subway.

1 qn bro, you ditched your job to stay there ar? cool, u must have saved shitloads

Haha...I guessed as much. Ratchada animal huh ? :D

I didn't ditch my job; no job to begin with, so how to get ditched? Cannot be shitloads; shitloads in Europe, Canada or Australia liao.

Can describe your 4,500 Bt room to me ? I'm quite surprised that the rental is so low. I know of a few girls working in Asoke; they rent a damn bloody small room with zero facilities, like a rundown attap house. 2000 Bt per month !

vmtech
16-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Haha...I guessed as much. Ratchada animal huh ? :D

I didn't ditch my job; no job to begin with, so how to get ditched? Cannot be shitloads; shitloads in Europe, Canada or Australia liao.

Can describe your 4,500 Bt room to me ? I'm quite surprised that the rental is so low. I know of a few girls working in Asoke; they rent a damn bloody small room with zero facilities, like a rundown attap house. 2000 Bt per month !

haha, well ratchada's pretty convienient for eveyrthing, except that now i cant head to the MPs of course, unless i want to wakeup without my johnson.

4500, nothing much to shout about but there's cable, aircon, bed, cupboard, balcony and a clean toilet with western toiletbowl.

4500 is considered expensive because my aprtment is freakin darn near everywhere. 5 mins away from subway, 1stop away from esplanade, carrefour and 10 mins walk from hwaykwang.

i could get my wife a better room with BETTER facilites . 4500 including aircon etc, and cardkey, wifi, gym etc. BUT location will always be compromised. (think ladprao , ramkhamheang, sukhumvit 101/1)

i think my apartment is pretty ok, and its not cramped, it's 30sqm, pretty big after repositioning the bed and the wardrobe.

no job to ditch! income leh? wah last month's toto winner is you ar? hahaha

bkkguy
16-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Sawadee Krap Peter North,

Are you currently station in bkk ?

bkkguy
16-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Sawadee krap bro,

Are you like Peter North living in bkk too ?

vmtech
16-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Sawadee krap bro,

Are you like Peter North living in bkk too ?

i used to, not now though

bkkguy
16-02-2008, 06:31 AM
i used to, not now though

So I presume you're back in sg then with your thai wife . ;)

Peter_North
16-02-2008, 11:43 AM
haha, well ratchada's pretty convienient for eveyrthing, except that now i cant head to the MPs of course, unless i want to wakeup without my johnson.

4500, nothing much to shout about but there's cable, aircon, bed, cupboard, balcony and a clean toilet with western toiletbowl.

4500 is considered expensive because my aprtment is freakin darn near everywhere. 5 mins away from subway, 1stop away from esplanade, carrefour and 10 mins walk from hwaykwang.

i could get my wife a better room with BETTER facilites . 4500 including aircon etc, and cardkey, wifi, gym etc. BUT location will always be compromised. (think ladprao , ramkhamheang, sukhumvit 101/1)

i think my apartment is pretty ok, and its not cramped, it's 30sqm, pretty big after repositioning the bed and the wardrobe.

no job to ditch! income leh? wah last month's toto winner is you ar? hahaha

Haha...Ratchada and Param 9, we're neighbours huh ?? kekeke :)

Ok, 30m is equivalent to the size of a big hotel room, aka Palazzo Old Wing.

As for income, I do have some nitnoy investments churning out nitnoy income enough to survive in BKK.

So is your Pharmaa faen in Singapore with you ?

Peter_North
16-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Sawadee Krap Peter North,

Are you currently station in bkk ?

krap phom.

vmtech
16-02-2008, 01:30 PM
So I presume you're back in sg then with your thai wife . ;)

nah, just me in sg now, why? u know me ar? lol

Haha...Ratchada and Param 9, we're neighbours huh ?? kekeke :)

Ok, 30m is equivalent to the size of a big hotel room, aka Palazzo Old Wing.

As for income, I do have some nitnoy investments churning out nitnoy income enough to survive in BKK.

So is your Pharmaa faen in Singapore with you ?

no la still applyin, param9 ar tts near ;p

Peter_North
16-02-2008, 01:59 PM
nah, just me in sg now, why? u know me ar? lol

no la still applyin, param9 ar tts near ;p

Any good girl come to Singapore after some time sure become materialistic one. Don't say I never warn you.

What is tts ? Tan Tock Seng ?:confused:

Peter_North
16-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I think he meant "thats"..........

How did u guy found the apartment? newspaper? agent?
I will be getting a rent room soon a few months down the road.
budget hope to be as low as 5k a month.:o

You can become Mrs. Vmtech's neighbour. :o

vmtech
17-02-2008, 03:02 AM
I think he meant "thats"..........

How did u guy found the apartment? newspaper? agent?
I will be getting a rent room soon a few months down the road.
budget hope to be as low as 5k a month.:o

Ëéͧ¾Ñ¡ÃÒÂÇѹ, Ëéͧ¾Ñ¡ÃÒÂà´×͹, Ë;ѡ ÃÒÂÇѹ, Ë;ѡÃÒÂà´×͹,Ëéͧ¾Ñ¡ ¡Ãا෾,bangkok apartment,budget apartments bangkok, apartment + hi-speed internet, Ë;ѡ ã¡Åé BTS, Ë;ѡã¡Åé ͹ØÊÒÇÃÕÂì, Ë;ѡ ã¡Åé ö俿éÒãµé´Ô¹, ¤é¹ËÒË;ѡ, Ë;ѡ ã¡Åé MRT,ʹÒÁºÔ¹ (http://www.9apartment.com)

Peter_North
17-02-2008, 11:50 AM
hmm.....Why Mrs?

because Mr is in Singapore.

vmtech
17-02-2008, 11:55 AM
because Mr is in Singapore.

Lol. hahah. noriksan i tot u were plannnig on duno wad marriage in singapore? how come become renting an apartment in thailand liao??

Peter_North
17-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Ëéͧ¾Ñ¡ÃÒÂÇѹ, Ëéͧ¾Ñ¡ÃÒÂà´×͹, Ë;ѡ ÃÒÂÇѹ, Ë;ѡÃÒÂà´×͹,Ëéͧ¾Ñ¡ ¡Ãا෾,bangkok apartment,budget apartments bangkok, apartment + hi-speed internet, Ë;ѡ ã¡Åé BTS, Ë;ѡã¡Åé ͹ØÊÒÇÃÕÂì, Ë;ѡ ã¡Åé ö俿éÒãµé´Ô¹, ¤é¹ËÒË;ѡ, Ë;ѡ ã¡Åé MRT,ʹÒÁºÔ¹ (http://www.9apartment.com)

I noticed my apartment comes under "Premium Residence"; I'm surprised:eek:

Peter_North
17-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Lol. hahah. noriksan i tot u were plannnig on duno wad marriage in singapore? how come become renting an apartment in thailand liao??

must be this lah:

金屋藏嬌。

vmtech
17-02-2008, 12:51 PM
must be this lah:

金屋藏嬌。

wah sai, very very chim, mai kow jai lol

bkkguy
17-02-2008, 01:55 PM
krap phom.

One day look you up for kopi and chit chat session, can ??;)

vmtech
17-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Haha....

I tot i said planning end of this year ROM?

But now must have a place to stay mah.

Haiyo.. where got "gold house keep beauty"? kow jai mai?

Poor leh so hope rent 5k nia...

My girl can be his wife neighbour lor cuz i won't be there always also.

A headache cuz don't know if her bkk accounting exp can useful in sg or not

you should ask her to look for the apartment, cuz she's local and she'll have most likely know more den you and i do.

Peter_North
17-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I scare she kana cheated leh.... cuz all her life she live with family.

I more scared you kanna cheated, Bro.

Peter_North
17-02-2008, 11:10 PM
One day look you up for kopi and chit chat session, can ??;)

chat about textile ?:p

Peter_North
18-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Har y leh? Please enlighten me.

You can refer to the earlier posts by some other brothers, or visit another thread on Thai tirak etc. This thread is more about VISA runs, so don't hijack hor.

vmtech
18-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Haha okok.:p

haha bro, let's keep the topic haeders as it is. regarding ur apartment 1, we shall talk in ur bangkok aprtment thread lor, this 1 restrict to visa matters yo :)

and if go bkk agg, post in my agg thead !hehehehe

rapebill
18-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I more scared you kanna cheated, Bro.

well said, I loved it!
probability(sg man get cheated by th gal) >> probability(th gal get cheated by khon th)

bkkguy
18-02-2008, 10:40 AM
chat about textile ?:p

No lah !! My textiles business is now a sunset industry in thailand, nothing to talk about. Wanted to switch line. Got any good suggestion??? :rolleyes:

Peter_North
18-02-2008, 12:31 PM
No lah !! My textiles business is now a sunset industry in thailand, nothing to talk about. Wanted to switch line. Got any good suggestion??? :rolleyes:

I was having my Thai massage yesterday and found out from the lady who used to work in a SPA in Ratchada.

It's small SPA with only 3 workers. Each of them is paid about 7K baht, and the rental is 50K baht. Each day the revenue intake is about 4K baht. You do your calculations, and deduct the cost of electricity, sometimes I really think doing business in Thailand is not worth the hassle.

You're still in Samutprakarn ? That is very far leh.

bkkguy
18-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I was having my Thai massage yesterday and found out from the lady who used to work in a SPA in Ratchada.

It's small SPA with only 3 workers. Each of them is paid about 7K baht, and the rental is 50K baht. Each day the revenue intake is about 4K baht. You do your calculations, and deduct the cost of electricity, sometimes I really think doing business in Thailand is not worth the hassle.

You're still in Samutprakarn ? That is very far leh.

Look like the 'landlord' took the biggest taking from the above business.:rolleyes:

You no need to come to me , I can get to you mah.;)

Where is your apt located ? Rama 9 area ???

rapebill
18-02-2008, 02:17 PM
so may I know what is presently the most cost-effective method?
for the 30-day tourist visa type?

Peter_North
18-02-2008, 08:27 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by cost effective for 30-day TR.

You've to get your terminology right first.

You don't need a VISA to stay 30 days in Thailand. It's not even a VISA on Arrival; you're simply EXEMPTED.

vmtech
19-02-2008, 12:50 AM

most cost effective method is to take a bus from singapore to bangkok, same like flights u get 30days when u enter thailand, and your busfare is only about 130 i think. so you might end up saving $20 or more.

can use the $20 to go for a massage for ur broken butt lol

rapebill
19-02-2008, 11:03 AM
You don't need a VISA to stay 30 days in Thailand. It's not even a VISA on Arrival; you're simply EXEMPTED.

khor thot khrap
so for singapore passports,
if ding-dong between hatyai and malaysia perfectly alright?
need 24 hrs cushion?

Peter_North
19-02-2008, 12:12 PM
khor thot khrap
so for singapore passports,
if ding-dong between hatyai and malaysia perfectly alright?
need 24 hrs cushion?

Perfectly alright, no cushion required, so long you don't exceed 90 days within 180-day period.

Peter_North
19-02-2008, 12:26 PM
most cost effective method is to take a bus from singapore to bangkok, same like flights u get 30days when u enter thailand, and your busfare is only about 130 i think. so you might end up saving $20 or more.

can use the $20 to go for a massage for ur broken butt lol

By the time arrive in BKK, cannot stand up for Singapore liao.:p

vmtech
19-02-2008, 03:06 PM
By the time arrive in BKK, cannot stand up for Singapore liao.:p

last time when burdget airlines not up yet, my friend used to take such transport up sia lol

almost crazy

Peter_North
20-02-2008, 01:52 AM
last time when burdget airlines not up yet, my friend used to take such transport up sia lol

almost crazy

gotta take plenty of magix pills, i guessed.

lovethaiforever
11-04-2010, 09:54 AM

I've been living & residing in Thailand using my thai PR status for the past 5yrs.:p

There is no expire date stamp on my passport when I enter the Kingdom.

The only hassle is that I need to apply for 'exit permit visa ' whenever I want to travel out of thailand.

Now it the other way round for me.;)

indianmagicoil
12-04-2010, 05:53 AM
I've been living & residing in Thailand using my thai PR status for the past 5yrs.
Hello bro, may I ask what's the other passport you are holding? You got a Thai PR? Married a local with some investments in Thailand + must stay for X number of years in order to be eligible for PR right? Sorry I ask because Thai Immigration website & other Thai forums either not informative or confusing. Thanks in advance!

SCB2011
13-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Hello bro, may I ask what's the other passport you are holding? You got a Thai PR? Married a local with some investments in Thailand + must stay for X number of years in order to be eligible for PR right? Sorry I ask because Thai Immigration website & other Thai forums either not informative or confusing. Thanks in advance!

Matters were more easily "can do" several years back. I used to have a buddy who lived in LOS for more than 15 years until he died there. He paid a sum of money to one of the government people there and within days he got his thai PR. With that PR he made LOS his permanent home and only came back to visit his family and friends during chinese new year.

motoji
15-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Can get pr after 3 consecutive yrs of wp but limited quota, processing few is a few k sgd. Or marry a thai in thailand quite leh che than sg, than get non O visa, need ard 800k thb to show.

I intend to go back sgd as living stds in bkk getting higher