PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing HDB with NON citizen Spouse

ahboyb0y
17-12-2020, 10:43 AM
Hi Bro,

I couldn't find any thread related to purchasing HDB with NON citizen Spouse.
I believe some of you guys already did it, i checked the HDB Website.. for purchasing a new BTO with a NON Citizen Spouse you only able to purchase 2 Room flat..
I spoke with my wife about it.. She ok to stay at 2 room flat since we unable to purchase 3 room BTO..

Do any bro here stay with your spouse in 2 room BTO flat?
Is it really small?
Let's say we plan to have 1 more baby.. is it possible to stay in there?
and last question...
Now new bto 2 room flat is mix with 3-5 room?
Example. floor 15 - there will be mix of 2-5 room flat right?

Thank you! :)

GeylangWanderer
17-12-2020, 11:47 AM
Hi bro, for me i am planning to get my viet wife work in ktv or massage to earn money and we can buy a hdb 5 room resale flat

We stay master bedroom and rent out the other rooms, then if the tenant horny they can bonk her and we have extra pocket money

iluvbreast
17-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Hi Bro,

I believe some of you guys already did it, i checked the HDB Website.. for purchasing a new BTO with a NON Citizen Spouse you only able to purchase 2 Room flat..
I spoke with my wife about it.. She ok to stay at 2 room flat since we unable to purchase 3 room BTO..

Is it really small?
and last question...

Well I think you are aware that 2 room flats means 1 bedroom and 1 living room. You mentioned you are planning to have 1 more baby, meaning you have at least a child now?

Maybe you want to try for a resale, or wait till your wife turns PR?

iluvbreast
17-12-2020, 04:13 PM
Hi bro, for me i am planning to get my viet wife work in ktv or massage to earn money and we can buy a hdb 5 room resale flat

We stay master bedroom and rent out the other rooms, then if the tenant horny they can bonk her and we have extra pocket money

So you managed to marry a Viet wife already?

ahboyb0y
17-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Well I think you are aware that 2 room flats means 1 bedroom and 1 living room. You mentioned you are planning to have 1 more baby, meaning you have at least a child now?

Maybe you want to try for a resale, or wait till your wife turns PR?
Yes, aware of it.. we dont want resales.. how long it takes to turn to PR?
No child at the moment.. if i have a child i can apply 3 room and above already.

Bullshitlar
17-12-2020, 11:33 PM

?? This is a joke right?

GeylangWanderer
18-12-2020, 07:29 AM
Haha yeah

Anyway 2 room is cheap but super small, how to fit a baby, when baby grow up need to sleep in living room

arsenal_84
18-12-2020, 08:01 AM
Is logical to at least get a 3rm resales rather than a 2rm bto.
If above 35 years old, just go for single scheme.

If you are one of those looking to flip a bto in order to upgrade then good luck trying to sell off a 2rm.

ahboyb0y
18-12-2020, 09:35 AM
Haha yeah

Anyway 2 room is cheap but super small, how to fit a baby, when baby grow up need to sleep in living room

are we able to make a fake wall in the living room ? to make it into another room?

ahboyb0y
18-12-2020, 09:36 AM
Is logical to at least get a 3rm resales rather than a 2rm bto.
If above 35 years old, just go for single scheme.

If you are one of those looking to flip a bto in order to upgrade then good luck trying to sell off a 2rm.

If i buy.. never plan to sell it off...does resales flat have those grant?

iluvbreast
18-12-2020, 10:28 AM
No child at the moment.. if i have a child i can apply 3 room and above already.

Actually there is no standard duration, it depends on how desirable your wife is to the Government, education level, her age and her ability to work etc. Sometimes they only grant after the child is 2-3 years old.

The above is personal experiences from my friends whom married non-singaporeans. I have a couple of them got it as fast as 3 months after applying, some 6 months, some a few years and only after their child is born.

iluvbreast
18-12-2020, 10:34 AM
are we able to make a fake wall in the living room ? to make it into another room?

It is call partition or dry wall not fake wall.

Seriously you are not thinking with your brain, common sense will tell you, always depends 2 basic things.

How big is your living room and more importantly how many windows you have?

If not, you have room without windows or living room without windows??

iluvbreast
18-12-2020, 10:38 AM
If i buy.. never plan to sell it off...does resales flat have those grant?

There should be some grants, I suggest to you to call up HDB and make an appointment with them to seek their advice on all the options available to you.

HDB flats we only buy 1 time or at the most 2 times in our entire life; we really won't know that much.

kurtis
18-12-2020, 05:26 PM
how old are you?

what is your income?

how much do you have in your CPF OA?

saphire744
01-01-2021, 10:37 AM
Depends on your income. I bought a 4 room resale few years ago. Only got 7500 grant. Without child. Owner will be me. Foreign spouse can only be occupant. I think after child born can apply for addition grant from HDB. Currently monthly payment using cpf 700+

ibanezjem555
01-01-2021, 10:51 AM
Happy New Year Bros..
You buy 2 rm now, later she will say too small, must get bigger one.. go straight to 3, 4 or 5 room if possible
Bros here gave good advice.. if you above 35 etc etc..
From what I read, Vietnam ladies can be very mercenary (not saying yr Vietnam lady is..). They can leave child with Sporean hubbied n go back to Vietnam to start a new life etc.. without second thought of child left behind..
Buying a flat under yr own name using excuse of govt red-tape would buy you something to fall back on .. just in case..

maddog4649
02-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Not to mention a 15k premium when your spouse is a foreigner. You can get back the premium when she becomes a PR though but you need to front the premium upfront

noobcomer
08-01-2021, 10:46 AM
Hi Bro,

Is it really small?
and last question...

i was in same situation before. IMO it is better to buy a 3rm resale flat BUT do not use the government grant as you will use up your very important 1st chance to buy a subsidised flat. Unless you can get a very high amount of grant base on current rules. (your grant only half of others because only 1 SG)

Last time my time I can only get 11k grant and when you sell need to pay all back somemore. If you buy a normal 4rm for 1st time will usually get profit and only need to pay back same amount of grant as resale grant (so usually you can get 100k windfall)

So get a small resale first, and apply for PR then SC. When you have SC then go apply a new 4rm flat.
If both your salary is not high, I think you can try renting from government? I think they have some new schemes in the recent years

LickLassy
11-01-2021, 08:08 PM

You do more RC work, carry the balls of the MP (must be white MP, not other colours) then your wife has higher chance :)