PDA

View Full Version : would 2008 be as rosy as wat some ppl said??

joew2005
31-12-2007, 09:07 PM
any1 of u really think that sg would be as "rosy" as wat some ppl said???
i believe the bigger the ballon,the bigger problem the problem is building.....

charmicky12
01-01-2008, 01:05 AM
There was this wise man in malaysian told me that in the year of 2008 will be a good year for everyone.I not sure about it but hope what he told me was truth :p

joew2005
01-01-2008, 07:27 AM
agree that we shld hope 4 the best.
but a lot of ppl r decive by wat they see in front.

In an article on the last Sunday times,the ST did a poll of 200 sg ppl on the street.
>most of the sg ppl r feeling gd abt the new yr,& it will bring.
>they feel the IR & F1 will booast economy.
>high property market.
>buoyant job market.

out of the 200 ppl,nearly half r optimistic abt sg economy prospect in 2008.
half had average expectation,while a handful hv - sentiments.

Perhaps the buoyant mood could be based on some of these "big" factos they see upfront,but ain't they overlooking some "petty" small issueS??
rising daily expenses,a lot of contract jobs etc....................

yes,the IR & F1 will booast economy,but only in the employment sector.
but who really benefits fr all these "mega" projects???
:o:o

Stinkfly
01-01-2008, 09:45 AM
We can only make it better than last year.

lacoruna69
01-01-2008, 09:47 AM
In an article on the last Sunday times,the ST did a poll of 200 sg ppl on the street.

Those stupid polls by ST are rubbish. They censored out the 'bad' remarks and post out the good.
2008 will be a tough year but there are also nice opportunities. Do grab them as they will just come n go.
Start the New Year in a positive note!

MiniHawk
01-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Was thinking of getting a resale flat but seem not possible this year as the price is like rocket high. Guess have to wait long liao.:(

Btw, on the recent issue for GST return from govt. do we need to apply any thing as seem a lot of ppl que for the form last day of the year.:confused:

lacoruna69
01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Btw, on the recent issue for GST return from govt. do we need to apply any thing as seem a lot of ppl que for the form last day of the year.

I think it is the one off GST Credit handout. If you apply through ATM, should get the $ before July 07. I got mine liao. Spend eveything on GL.:o

SixSixSix
01-01-2008, 11:31 AM
More price increase on more things in 2008 :(

joew2005
01-01-2008, 11:53 AM
2 me,there r 3 type of sg ppl.
1)rich ppl >> doesn't feel anything with these increases.
2)ignorant ppl >> gov gives a few hundred bucks,they think it's very gd.
3)ppl that grumble(like me) >> grumble a lot,but knws that there is nothing they k do 2 change the situation.

Live with it,or leave it.

Kyser Soze
01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm quite skeptical. Inflation is in its highest since 1994 and the stock market still under the glooms of US economy are something that worries me. The US economy needs to get a fix before anyone can claimed that 2008 will be as rosy as the first half of 2007.

When my boss earlier handed me the annual increment letter, he asked me if I'm happy with the increment. I told him right away that 'money no enough'.:D Right now, I'm looking for another job which can at least pays me 10-15% more than what I'm currently getting. Rising living cost is a killer...

lacoruna69
01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
2 me,there r 3 type of sg ppl.
1)rich ppl >> doesn't feel anything with these increases.
2)ignorant ppl >> gov gives a few hundred bucks,they think it's very gd.
3)ppl that grumble(like me) >> grumble a lot,but knws that there is nothing they k do 2 change the situation.
Live with it,or leave it.

Me belongs to Group 3.
Whether good n bad, still have to live through it.
Some tips :-
1. Access your job and see whether u r gaining max $ from your sacrifice. If not, jump ship and make sure u have 20% increment along the way.

2. Take less taxi as they are a killer. Access whether u really need a car, if not scrap the idea. If u think getting a car is the only way to get gals, it's time to venture to foreign land.

3. Cut down on unnecessary shopping expenses. Cut up all those rubbish credit cards. If your GF likes to spend, dump her immediately.

4. Eat in foodcourts or hawker centres. Give those expensive and overpriced food outlets the 'thumbs-down'. If your GF called you 'low-class or cheapskate', dump her immediately too.

5. Finally, access your financial portfolios. Your bank investments and insurance policies (investment-linked). Calculate the $ returns. If not earning $, call up the relevant insurance agents/brokers, f**k them and make sure they come up with a solution.

Take these 5 steps and you will have a Nice and Prosperous 2008!

When my boss earlier handed me the annual increment letter, he asked me if I'm happy with the increment.

You so early get increment letter liao??? Me still have to wait until April. The usual 3% ($100) pittance..........

Kyser Soze
01-01-2008, 12:24 PM
You so early get increment letter liao??? Me still have to wait until April. The usual 3% ($100) pittance..........
Nice read on your ways to 'cut-cost'.:D
Yeah, I got my increment letter already. Cos my company is a US MNC, so increment usually get in Jan. This time I'm getting 3.8% increment. With a 6.4% inflation in Nov, surely I can't counter it.:o Also, my stock and investment portfolio not making money. Perhaps I have to take up a side-line.:rolleyes:

79Guards
01-01-2008, 01:10 PM
U guys very much better than me, my company no increment for 3 yeears already and now start to shrink s'pore plant and shift all to malaysia. Even worst, no pay off for those people being laid off and I will be soon. Who will still employ people like us in their mid forties now? haiz....:(

allupato1
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
its a cycle. we have already passed the peak. Soon it will be downhill, just a matter of how fast or slow.

jng1103
01-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I believe that everyone started to feel the pinch with the high inflation and the rising cost of living in this tiny sillyland. However, if u frequent those nite spots on wkends, they are still full house. what does that tell u? hmm...

bread and butter are our lives, but FLs/ciggi/alchohol are NOT. if u compare them the latter could easily overkill ur pockets. so...???

gilagila100
02-01-2008, 10:46 AM
From what I have observed and experienced, no matter it's an economic downturn or uphill it is always the people at the bottom of the food chain that suffers.

Downturn => layoffs, less pays, less benefits, have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet etc.

Uphill => rising prices, inflation, rising cost of living, rising housing prices / rents, still have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet etc.

It is only when the economic boom has been on for several years, only then you would see some of the benefits trickling down but by then better lookout for the "economic burst" which might wipe out whatever you gained assuming you have been able to survive all this while.

Anyway, it is just a matter of preparations and self-cultivation in order to survive any economic upturns or downswings.

I still remember the advice from a wise wealthy elder. He said life in general is similar to the African plains.

You have the herbivores or veggie eaters, the cows, antelopes, buffaloes etc. They are the majority and survive by "working" every day n nite to eat watever little nourishments they can get from the soil.
Their best survival strategy is to remain vigilant to avoid being preyed on and to be frugal in their spendings.

Next, you have the carnivores or meat-eaters, the lions, cheetahs n leopards etc.
They are the minority, ferocious and aggressive. They have to prey on others; predominantly the veggies to fill their tummy. Each hunt is risky and they could get hurt badly but if they are unsuccessful in their hunt they starve.
Their best strategy is to keep hunting and be as aggressive as possible. They could lose a lot of money but they must keep "hunting" and preying no matter what.

In the middle are the omnivores or general feeders (eat both plant and meat).
They are the opportunists, feeding on boring plants while taking advantage of easy meats that came their way to supplement their diet.
They best strategy is a hybrid, remain vigilant because they are prey themselves but to be alert for new opportunities and to evaluate the risks of the opportunities because they can't take on high risks stuff unlike the true predators.

Each strategies has it own merits and problems but each is a viable strategy on its own depending on your own personality. The worst scenarios are plant-eater pretending or thinking he is a predator or a predator stuck in plant-eater role or an omnivore eating meat laced with poison (a trap).

So what are you ? I believe I am an omnivore coz I have a stable job while maintaining a small side biz. :cool:

84gunner
02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
SG newspapers / media announcements oso can believe? As mentioned by another brudder, the negatives are censored, only the selected positives are published, if the poll / interview really took place.

The economic problem in the US is pretty serious. In fact, some pple consider the US in recession for the past 2 years oredi! The recent downturn in the US didnt happen overnite nor recently, it's accumulated. In some parts of China, the property bubble has oredi burst. Again, I believe SG wouldn't hear this news, partly cos of news filtering / censorship in SG, oso partly the same in China (being a Communist country), for face reasons or prevent frenzy. But, as many are oso speculating, what's gonna happen after Olympics? That is a real big question mark!!!

tOmAski33
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I got my increment letter already. Cos my company is a US MNC, so increment usually get in Jan. This time I'm getting 3.8% increment. With a 6.4% inflation in Nov, surely I can't counter it.:o Also, my stock and investment portfolio not making money. Perhaps I have to take up a side-line.:rolleyes:

Bro you are better than me.
Just calculated my increment i only got 1.836%
My Co. is very in the private sector but salary-wise 20-30% lower than market rate.
I guess this is life no good for me.
Jump ship may not be better cos me may not get used to the other Co. work ethnics and ppl.

84gunner
02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
My Co. is very in the private sector but salary-wise 20-30% lower than market rate.
Jump ship may not be better cos me may not get used to the other Co. work ethnics and ppl.

typical SGPean, wanting the best of every world! typical kiasi, worry about this, afraid of tat, end up stuck in the same shit hole, then keep complaining with no action? NATO!

frolick
02-01-2008, 01:38 PM

Aiya, how old are you, if still young better change job now, dont get exploited ... after bonus, beginning of year, should have musical chairs for jobs now .. :)

jng1103
02-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Typical local bummer... *LOL* :rolleyes::cool: Cant help it but despise them ;)

obnoxious
02-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Regardless whether rosy or not, it is always prudent to not overspend.
For bros here spending on WLs, make sure you have some savings first, we never know when economy turn bad .... no amount of cyrstal ball watching can tell you that ....

airbrush
02-01-2008, 04:24 PM
2. Take less taxi as they are a killer. Access whether u really need a car, if not scrap the idea. If u think getting a car is the only way to get gals, it's time to venture to foreign land.

agree taxi are a killer now, last week when my friend and was discussing about taxi from T1 to home, we decided to share a cab, our flight was delay and we arrived T1 3am when our turn for taxi it was a merc, we check with the driver to make sure there is no different in fare before we board. The journey fro T1 to Dynasty Classic cost us $25.00 taking into consideration there is no ERP.

joew2005
02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
still on the sunday times report...........
70% of those interviewed expect pay rise in the new yr,while 30% plan 2 change job.
half of the 70% expect pay increase bet 100~300,23% bet 300~500 & 4 most of the ppl interviewed they expect bet 10%~15%.
domestic economy expect 2 continue 2 look strong.
property market still attracting local/foreign interest.
F1 race & IRs likely 2 booast tourism here.
analysts predict slower growth in 2008(5.7%),07 growth expected at 8%.
but weak US economy plus the US sub prime mortage crisis could hinder growth & affect the financial markets.

Don't knw wat type of ppl they interviewed,10~15% increment???
For the top 20% of sg workforce izzit??

tOmAski33
03-01-2008, 05:24 PM
typical SGPean, wanting the best of every world! typical kiasi, worry about this, afraid of tat, end up stuck in the same shit hole, then keep complaining with no action? NATO!

Bro i am no Kiasi guy...
Just talk about my predicament that's all.
Actually i am thankful that i have a job.
Increment or not is additional reward to me...

Typical local bummer... *LOL* :rolleyes::cool: Cant help it but despise them ;)

Do i sound like a loser in the sense that most SGPean are???
Well you are right...
When you are holding a good paying job and getting perks here and there..
Of course you will think low of others who don't do as well as you are...
Just that i would like to highlight is that Our life destiny is already planned for each and everyone here including becoming rich or famous...
No offence just a humble opinion...

Ducati Corse
03-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Those stupid polls by ST are rubbish. They censored out the 'bad' remarks and post out the good.

Agree on this. No government will ever say the new year is bad. So how can SPH say it in their publications. Better to be careful.

84gunner
03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Bro i am no Kiasi guy...
Just talk about my predicament that's all.
Actually i am thankful that i have a job.
Increment or not is additional reward to me...

Then why still complain yr increment is low? Complain yr company paying below market rate, life no good, etc. Jump ship, afraid of this, afraid of that. Not kiasi, then what isit?

Sit there complain, NATO, dun take any actions 2 change watever points make u unhappy, waiting for heaven to change things for u? Or waiting to strike Toto / 4D 1st prize?

Tat's the typical SGPean, dun dare 2 take risk, dun dare 2 move outta comfort zone, dun dare 2 take actions 2 change watever u are not happy wif, sit there complain everyday, hoping things will automatically change?

Tat's why MIW dare to suka suka implement everything! Cos they know most typical SGPeans lan-lan. If more SGPeans got more guts & united, u go see how?

Well you are right...
Just that i would like to highlight is that Our life destiny is already planned for each and everyone here including becoming rich or famous...

Have u tried taking any actions to change watever u not happy wif? Taking risks? U leave yr life & destiny to MIW, GOVT to plan everything for u, wat else do u expect?

I dont think low of those who dont do as well. I think low of those who dun even dare to take any risk, dun even take any actions to change the situation, but sitting & complaining there, hoping MIW / Govt will change laws / policies, or waiting / dreaming to strike Toto / 4D.

tOmAski33
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Bro 84gunner,
You are entitled to make your own opinions whereas so am i to mine and the same goes for the general public..
Not taking risks does not mean one is kiasi..
Life is to complain a bit here and there but still goes on everyday...
Thanks for your comments too and nice day to you.
Hopefully 2008 will be fatt for most of us.

79Guards
04-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Nothing venture, nothing gain, guess when we reach a certain age like me in mid forties and no cert. wonder which employer will employ us. Sometimes just have to wait for company to retench us and hope they pay us an amount and at the same time try our luck on 4D and toto hopefully we can strike big money.:o

jng1103
04-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Well you are right...

*LOL* *LOL* *LOL* Whenever I walk by S11, I hear uncles/aunties grumbling about inflations, MRT fares increased, bla bla bla... I could visualize seeing u sitting with them in 20yrs time... *LOL* *LOL* *LOL* Dont worry, our garment will take good care of everyone, esp the bottom ones :cool:

Yes, I stole ur cheese, if u wanna ask *LOL* *LOL*

84gunner
04-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Not taking risks does not mean one is kiasi..

Not taking risks, afraid of this & that, if not kiasi, then what does "kiasi" mean? Purely afraid to die?

Losing job, no money, can lead to death. Losing this or that, to some pple who cannot see open or take failure, oso can lead to death!

Life is to complain a bit here and there but still goes on everyday...

Hopefully 2008 will be fatt for most of us.

Now I understand, life to u means complain here & there, n do nothing about it. So the Govt had to think & plan everything in life for pple like u!!! That's why they gotta be paid so high!

Sit there continue hope to fatt. Even going to the lottery outlet to buy lottery ticket is taking some action to "buy" some hope u'll strike lottery! Not doing anything at all, is totally no hope!!!

84gunner
04-01-2008, 01:58 AM
*LOL* *LOL* *LOL* Whenever I walk by S11, I hear uncles/aunties grumbling about inflations, MRT fares increased, bla bla bla... I could visualize seeing u sitting with them in 20yrs time... *LOL* *LOL* *LOL* Dont worry, our garment will take good care of everyone, esp the bottom ones :cool:

Yes, I stole ur cheese, if u wanna ask *LOL* *LOL*

what 20 yrs time, maybe he's oredi regularly sitting there!

avaritia
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
With the I/R coming up, I doubt the garment will let the local economy turn sour. In fact they have stop some public projects from competing with the strong construction sector now. If anything, they will reactivate this project as fiscal policies to help the economy ..... at least thios will alleviate any sharp downtrun in world economy .... their salary aside ... agree garment hv done a good job since they came into power 40 years ago

AAconnection
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Meet some of PRC friend who I ask them to pronouce "Rosy" many can't turn their tongue round, instead they pronouce "Lousy" I think is might not be "Rosy" because it can "Lousy":D

84gunner
04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
With the I/R coming up, I doubt the garment will let the local economy turn sour. In fact they have stop some public projects from competing with the strong construction sector now. If anything, they will reactivate this project as fiscal policies to help the economy ..... at least thios will alleviate any sharp downtrun in world economy .... their salary aside ... agree garment hv done a good job since they came into power 40 years ago

u are putting yr bet, yr future, yr destiny in the hands of other pple, the SG Govt. Good luck!

SG Govt can't guarantee the economy will be prosperous, they can't guarantee u won't lose yr job. The business world & economy is getting more inter-connected & inter-dependant more than ever. A recession in the US or China, SGP won't be able to avoid a recession.

During recessions, it's always debating in Parliament about plucking a few feathers off the Golden Goose to tide over the difficult period, then return whatever $$$ used when the economy recovers. But MIWs are always unwilling to even pluck 1 feather!

84gunner
04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Nothing venture, nothing gain, guess when we reach a certain age like me in mid forties and no cert. wonder which employer will employ us. Sometimes just have to wait for company to retench us and hope they pay us an amount and at the same time try our luck on 4D and toto hopefully we can strike big money.:o

I sympathise wif u, I know several pple in similar situation as u. Tat's why I said even buying lottery is buying some hope. But, dun indulge or buy too much. Hope u are successful in using a small knife to saw big tree.

jng1103
05-01-2008, 12:40 AM
what 20 yrs time, maybe he's oredi regularly sitting there!

*LOL* *LOL* It's a waste of time interacting with them cos all they know is grumbling. Yet end of the day, no actions taken. Typical bummers, I would say.

*LOL* *LOL* Aiya... why worried? garment will take care of them lor... didnt u know our garment is "robin-hoot" who robs the rich to help the poor? *LOL* *LOL*

84gunner
05-01-2008, 01:39 AM
*LOL* *LOL* Aiya... why worried? garment will take care of them lor... didnt u know our garment is "robin-hoot" who robs the rich to help the poor? *LOL* *LOL*

sornie lah, I forgotten, cos I quit SG several years oredi

Zulu23
05-01-2008, 02:32 AM
That why i don't vote PAP at all.They suck big time,but well they still won the election.Well when will singaporean back to their mind.Until the GOVT suck dry the money or more poor jump down the MRT:rolleyes:

chai1020
05-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Different ppl would hav different thinking ...just hope dat things would really turn out be smooth all the way :)

lacoruna69
05-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Just my 2 cents worth regarding switching jobs.

1. First have to evaluate whether there is a 'market' for your talents. If no, best stay put.

2. For certain positions, once you reach certain pay level, it will be difficult to ask for increment.

3. Dun be influenced by other's decision in the company. Human tendency is always 'to follow the crowd'. In companies, there are certain positions that are 'siong' and certain positions which are damn relax.
It is always about weighing your options. What you get ($) = What you sacrifice.
Just like some married female colleagues. They dun mind doing menial routine task everyday. Not much job prospects and increment little bit. But they dun mind as they get a nice balance between work n family.

joew2005
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
wat u see,might not be wat u get.
when see some of these ppl dress well & drive a expensive car,it doesn't imply that they r well off.
i hv a frd that earns >10k/month,but his monthly expenses are 2 much 4 him 2 handle.He is also struggling 2 clear the mouthly payments required 2 banks he owned $$.
most of the time,he still needs 2 borrow $$ fr his taxi dad.
talking abt well off pay...........................
2 many sg ppl r wearing a hat that is bigger then his/her head.

fl_slayer
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
sigh.........have not been having bonus and salary for 10 years liao.......no annual leave, no ph,.....this type of job who want?

as there is a saying, the pasture over the hill is greener and tastier...working class,think being a boss is fantastic vice versa being a boss say being employ, can switch off and dun have to worry about overall company progress just focus in their department can liao. how to balnace in life.?....

ok, 2008 give u guys some KANGTAU to huat.....IPO old chang kee available now at $0.20....buy in heavy and let go at $0.40...HUAT HUAT HUAT arrrr.......rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:)

nuclearkid
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
sigh.........have not been having bonus and salary for 10 years liao.......no annual leave, no ph,.....this type of job who want?

ok, 2008 give u guys some KANGTAU to huat.....IPO old chang kee available now at $0.20....buy in heavy and let go at $0.40...HUAT HUAT HUAT arrrr.......rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:)

Are you serious, bro? How you survive without a salary for 10 years??? Are you the US Federal Reserve in disguise, printing money in your own backyard? :p I was just kidding on that.

I am just posting to add in my bit that IPOs are not necessarily a surefire money making scheme. With inflation shooting upwards, the basic materials to make your curry poks will cost more, then they will raise prices, the customers may be lesser... Outlook isn't too good at the moment. (I say "may be" because the opposite is happening for Bread Talk, bloody bread is so expensive but there's always a queue! $1.40 for a 'bah hoo' bread! That's almost the price of a loaf of bread, if am not wrong. Screw them, I'll eat something else.) Short Old Chang Kee! :p

Heart Break Kid
05-01-2008, 01:13 PM

agree taxi are a killer now, last week when my friend and was discussing about taxi from T1 to home, we decided to share a cab, our flight was delay and we arrived T1 3am when our turn for taxi it was a merc, we check with the driver to make sure there is no different in fare before we board. The journey fro T1 to Dynasty Classic cost us $25.00 taking into consideration there is no ERP.

Nowaday most S'pore & Msia girls would require their prospective partners to own a car... they feel that only foreigners in S'pore take public transports.

With massive increases in taxi fares... we have no choice but not to cheong too late.
On sat night we are still able to catch a bus at midnight 12am.

79Guards
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I still prefer the MRT or maybe my home is too far from the cheong place that I go to.:)

84gunner
05-01-2008, 04:54 PM
wat u see,might not be wat u get.
when see some of these ppl dress well & drive a expensive car,it doesn't imply that they r well off.
i hv a frd that earns >10k/month,but his monthly expenses are 2 much 4 him 2 handle.He is also struggling 2 clear the mouthly payments required 2 banks he owned $$.
most of the time,he still needs 2 borrow $$ fr his taxi dad.
talking abt well off pay...........................
2 many sg ppl r wearing a hat that is bigger then his/her head.

Tat is the stupid materialistic society of SGP! Everything look at outside only. Many SG gals, see outside nice nice, start to drool. But inside is empty shell or rotten, they dun care. They'll think they can discard or run-away when they reach the broken inside, some more protected by the law.

没有那么大的屁股,要吃那么多的泻药!

84gunner
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
That why i don't vote PAP at all.They suck big time,but well they still won the election.Well when will singaporean back to their mind.Until the GOVT suck dry the money or more poor jump down the MRT:rolleyes:

That is thanks to the spoilt women. They are well-protected, they are enjoying the lives & comfortable, so they think it's ok, indirectly, they are paying for security & stability & comfort they are enjoying.

They dun have to serve military, after finish school straight away get a job. Guys date them pay most of the bills, it's guys' responsibility 2 bring the bread home. To them, it's more of a matter whose bf / husband is more handsome, earns more money, more gentleman / caring, how much & what kinda branded stuffs they can own.

How many jump down MRT are women?

84gunner
05-01-2008, 05:16 PM
for Bread Talk, bloody bread is so expensive but there's always a queue! $1.40 for a 'bah hoo' bread! That's almost the price of a loaf of bread, if am not wrong. Screw them, I'll eat something else.

Nowaday most S'pore & Msia girls would require their prospective partners to own a car... they feel that only foreigners in S'pore take public transports.

With massive increases in taxi fares... we have no choice but not to cheong too late.
On sat night we are still able to catch a bus at midnight 12am.

I'd say it's the supply & demand. If no demand, the supply have no business, the supply will drastically reduce or even gone. If there's demand, the supply will capitalise on it!

The thing is that SGPeans are not united enuf. If most pple unite 2gether, boycott the supply, u see prices still like tat? But then, the hao lian pple out there wanna show off, these are the pple who spoil the market, esp those bitches, always say this high-class, that got standard, scared this not hygienic, that low-class, no standard, etc.

About those gals, if the guys are united enuf, they'll be really worried. There's a saying, 男人像红酒,女人像啤酒. Men are like red wine, women are like beer. As time goes by, older men are still attractive, but older women are not as attractive. It's a natural process humans wanna get hitched, attached, married & set-up family. As the body clock ages, the more they wanna get a partner. While young & beautiful, their chances are better, the older they are, chances lesser.

If the guys are united enuf, dun bother about those materialistic gals, or most guys go Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, China, etc, get wives, u see these gals worry anot? Yes, some of them may stubbornly stick to their attitudes, but most pple, come a certain age, will really yearn for a partner, especially seeing more & more pple around them settling down. They may scorn & pass sacarstic remarks about these foreign wives, but it's often outta jealousy! Especially seeing the couple behaving lovingly, both are so happy even if not rich & lead simple lives, I can bet u the local women will still feel envious & jealous.

Imagine, if half the married couples in SGP are foreign wives, or if more men migrate overseas after marrying foreign wives, u see the local women / Govt worry anot?

Ducati Corse
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I think the government is very good at putting up a PR Facade. And a lot of us would rather live in this 'made up' world than face the truth. The cracks are there, if we were only brave enough.

Based on 84gunner postings, he looks like a forummer who has ventured overseas and lived the REAL LIFE. Very few there are.

Ducati Corse
05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Nowaday most S'pore & Msia girls would require their prospective partners to own a car...

Then lucky for me my Malaysian gf does not need me to have a car. She will meet me for dates and drive me home

biatch6969
05-01-2008, 11:04 PM

hi bro, wat investment are u doing ? how come not making money ???

biatch6969
05-01-2008, 11:08 PM
so much things prices go up; cigg, taxi, flour etc.....

CPF interest rate oso go up, but still not good enuff to balance out inflation rate. basically pple with CPF money inside CPF account is still losing out a est. of 2% due to inflation

joew2005
06-01-2008, 06:19 AM
tell "these" ppl 2 get REAL.
stop dreaming 2 much,stop believeing 2 much & stop being deceive.
sg is no longer likw wat it was earlier.
yes,the country has develop & the ppl r more "well off" now.
but did the $$ of the ppl match the pace of all the other things.
Once took a cab,and the cabby grumble something 2 me which i thk has logic.
In the 70s/80s,when u buy a 4rm hdb flat it only cost less than 40k.
but not after 20plus yrs,a 4rm hdb flat easily goes near the 150k mark.
the price of a 4rm hdb flat has gone up more than 4 fold,but did our pay go that much?? The answer 2 the general public(80%) is a clear No.
if sg is doing so bloody well,why is the gov encouraging MNC & its' ppl 2 venture overseas??
like wat 1 indon president ever said,sg is only 1 small red dot.
there is limited space 2 wat u k do in a small red dot.......................
I hope the best 4 we sg ppl.
but must think with the head,not the heart(if u hv feeling).
we cannot simply deceive ourself & believe all these craps we hear & see.:(

LoveForTuaNehBu
06-01-2008, 07:29 AM
2008's real tough on the lower class ... my parents themselves are having a big issue with the daily expenses .. end up whinning everyday ( so damn sick of it man.. can you stand it with a standard routine of 1 hour quarreling and bitching why this and that cost so much?) ..

god damn taxi fares really kills .. now it cost at least minimum 35% hike than my usual rides.. going out at night to hang out is as good as taking poison.. stupid government never able to do something right..

why cant singaporeans just vote another political party while the current isnt really doing anything great recently ?

Think as time goes by .. we'll just be glad to survive with bread and water if we dont stand up for our rights ..

lacoruna69
06-01-2008, 11:07 AM
2008's real tough on the lower class ... my parents themselves are having a big issue with the daily expenses ....

Yes, it is always tough if u r in the lower class. The worst thing in Sinkieland is there are no low cost villages or suburbs where u can run to or retired to. Even in Japan/Taiwan, if you can't survive in Tokyo/Taipei, you just relocate to some reclusive place in other cities.

84gunner
06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I think the government is very good at putting up a PR Facade. And a lot of us would rather live in this 'made up' world than face the truth. The cracks are there, if we were only brave enough.

Based on 84gunner postings, he looks like a forummer who has ventured overseas and lived the REAL LIFE. Very few there are.

Yup, I'm currently living in PRC. I'd lived in Australia, Netherlands, Thailand, Taiwan, not to mention travelled to several other cities / countries too. I'd lived through days of typhoons, labor strikes (I even led 1), demonstrations / riots, military coup, terrorist bombings, etc.

As u have said, the news / media are censored by SG Govt, they only let u hear what they wanna u to hear. There's plenty of unpleasant news around, but this "protected" environment has led many people unable to accept negative comments / news, refusing to accept the ugly truth / face the real world of truth!

84gunner
06-01-2008, 04:11 PM
so much things prices go up; cigg, taxi, flour etc.....

CPF interest rate oso go up, but still not good enuff to balance out inflation rate. basically pple with CPF money inside CPF account is still losing out a est. of 2% due to inflation

Even if CPF interest rate go up to 10%, u oso cannot withdraw cash from it! U can't use CPF to handle living expenses. U use CPF to buy HDB, the money still goes to Govt. They just simply increase property / HDB prices, u LPPL!

84gunner
06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
tell "these" ppl 2 get REAL.
stop dreaming 2 much,stop believeing 2 much & stop being deceive.
sg is no longer likw wat it was earlier.
yes,the country has develop & the ppl r more "well off" now.
but did the $$ of the ppl match the pace of all the other things.
Once took a cab,and the cabby grumble something 2 me which i thk has logic.
In the 70s/80s,when u buy a 4rm hdb flat it only cost less than 40k.
but not after 20plus yrs,a 4rm hdb flat easily goes near the 150k mark.
the price of a 4rm hdb flat has gone up more than 4 fold,but did our pay go that much?? The answer 2 the general public(80%) is a clear No.
if sg is doing so bloody well,why is the gov encouraging MNC & its' ppl 2 venture overseas??
like wat 1 indon president ever said,sg is only 1 small red dot.
there is limited space 2 wat u k do in a small red dot.......................
I hope the best 4 we sg ppl.
but must think with the head,not the heart(if u hv feeling).
we cannot simply deceive ourself & believe all these craps we hear & see.:(

If everyone do their bit to cut-down on spending, ie, spend only on life's bare necessities, or dun patronise on Govt's latest projects, their projects will look more like failures. Domestic economy / spending drops significantly, then SG's economy will depend even more on Govt spending, projects & tourism. U see Govt worried anot?

But sad to say, SGPeans are not united enuf, especially the gals, very unlikely to cut down on spending / buying

Heart Break Kid
06-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Then lucky for me my Malaysian gf does not need me to have a car. She will meet me for dates and drive me home

You are so lucky... boy nowaday hard to find a good Msia girls.

Most Msia girls hooked up S'pore men to sponsor for their studies.

For example, a KL girl made his S'pore bf paid $22,000 for bachelor degrees.
A Johor girl made his 40 yr-old S'pore bf sponsor $30,000 for master degrees.
These are the conditions to be their girlfriends.

Mi just wondering what happen to the chinese girls (S'pore, Msia & PRC)...
everything look at the financial prospective for the guys. :mad::mad:

I believe the same for the girls' family..money money money

joew2005
07-01-2008, 06:25 AM
i had a frd who married a my gal.
aft so many yrs in sg,she nw thinks & act like a sg gal.
1 2 squeeze every drop of $$ out of my frd.
her $$ is her $$,her hubby's $$ is also her $$.
nvr think 4 his family,every gd thing also safe 4 her own family in kl.

joew2005
07-01-2008, 06:30 AM
If everyone do their bit to cut-down on spending, ie, spend only on life's bare necessities, or dun patronise on Govt's latest projects, their projects will look more like failures. Domestic economy / spending drops significantly, then SG's economy will depend even more on Govt spending, projects & tourism. U see Govt worried anot?

But sad to say, SGPeans are not united enuf, especially the gals, very unlikely to cut down on spending / buying

We r the citizens' of sg,if they don't take care of us then how??
everything must be 2 way.
anyway,nowadays PR looks veri easy 4 foreigners.
a lot of job also goes 2 them,so where do we go fr here??
don't push all reponsibilities 2 sg ppl.
we r wat the gov made us 2 be.:(

84gunner
11-01-2008, 02:52 AM
We r the citizens' of sg,if they don't take care of us then how??
everything must be 2 way.
anyway,nowadays PR looks veri easy 4 foreigners.
a lot of job also goes 2 them,so where do we go fr here??
don't push all reponsibilities 2 sg ppl.
we r wat the gov made us 2 be.:(

I think u misunderstand my meaning, I'm not trying 2 push all the responsibilities 2 SG pple. I fully understand how u feel, wat u going through now, cos I'm a quitter.

If the Govt dun take care of u, either u leave, or, when I said united enuf, I actually mean SG pple unite 2gether 2 tell the Govt 2 leave (their positions)! Of course, the former, u leave SG, is much easier than the latter, ie, tell the Govt to leave!

The more number of SG pple leaves, the more SG Govt worries. They can't get PRs to come as quickly as pple to leave. Some more, PR oso can leave easily. In fact, many PRs dun have long term plans in SGP. At 1 time, the Govt oso very worried, they mentioned low-birth rate, more quitters & quitting seems the trend or in-thing, the influx of FTs oso not enough!

joew2005
13-01-2008, 06:09 AM
bro 84gunner,thks 4 yr clarification.
apologies if i misunderstood wat u trying 2 say.

the 2nd gen prs must serve NS,but that doesn't mean anything 2 me.
it doesn't imply that when they r needed,they will defend this land.
2 me tis is a veri uncertain direction the gov is going.
by doing so,they k solve the problem they k see nw,but it wouldn't provide cover 4 the future.
hw many of these prs knw hw 2 sing the sg national anthem,or say the national pledge...............

joew2005
19-01-2008, 08:02 AM
saw yesterday news.
transport ministry saying abt pay 1 fare 4 unlimited transfer 4 each trip,more transport co 4 competition in services & next yr intro a monthly card 4 unlimited trips onboards buses & mrt.

4 the pay 1 fare 4 unlimited transfer,don't think the fare price will still be at S$1.90. Currently S$1.9 is the max fare if u take the furthest trip on a mrt.

4 the more competition in servcies,do u think it means more competition in terms of more co only,or does it means transport fare also up 4 competition??

As 4 the monthly card,u think it would be at S$100??

We were told that the current 2 big players r 4 public transport.
but every nw & then,their profit would be the main priorities.
shldn't a public transport co be looking aft the public,or everytime look at profit margin.
even in jp,the pte transport co r fighting 4 customers thru better fares,better services & faster arrival time.
tis is their version of open market,look at ours.............sigh.

joew2005
20-01-2008, 05:04 PM
i hope that with more competition,it would translate into better pricing 4 a "public transport" system.
If it is created 2 serve the general public,it shld be people b4 $$.
But sad 2 say,tis is not the case here.
Also there seems 2 be a lot of coincidence on the transport planning 4 some operator.
When MRT stations r build,some buses would be accidently omitted.
When LRT stations r build,feeder bus route would be accidently revised(omit).
We do not hv a choice here,becos they r into business & profit.
They r not public transport providers.
Initially when the mrt/lrt r built,the trains were brought by lta not the operators.:(

84gunner
21-01-2008, 04:43 AM
bro 84gunner,thks 4 yr clarification.
apologies if i misunderstood wat u trying 2 say.

the 2nd gen prs must serve NS,but that doesn't mean anything 2 me.
it doesn't imply that when they r needed,they will defend this land.
2 me tis is a veri uncertain direction the gov is going.
by doing so,they k solve the problem they k see nw,but it wouldn't provide cover 4 the future.
hw many of these prs knw hw 2 sing the sg national anthem,or say the national pledge...............

Serving NS, the national anthem / pledge are but superficial stuffs. Memorising the anthem / pledge is very simple thing. NS, just go through some motion, especially those in non-combat vocations.

I remember, some NS guys in combat vocation ever said, if really go to war, they'll turn back, point their rifles at the commanders they hate & shoot those commanders 1st! Take revenge on all those crappy stuffs 1st, then see how later. Shooting the commander is death sentence. Go to war oso may lose his life. At least, before dying, take the revenge 1st, he's (they're) not dying alone, so can die with eyes closed.

Dun talk about PRs, let's talk about the citizens. How many would really take up arms, lay their lives 2 fight for SGP? How many would find ways & means to get away, to leave? This is a question which nobody knows the exact answer yet, cos now is peace time, talk is free & easy. Even during peace times, there's oredi so many quitters, so many pple yearning 2 quit. Of course, during any interviews / surveys, most pple will say they will fight for SGP. How many pple wanna get into trouble.

I dare say, I will take up arms, lay my life to fight for China in the event of war. Whatever I have now is given & made in PRC. But I may throw a rock down the well for SGP.

84gunner
21-01-2008, 04:49 AM
saw yesterday news.
transport ministry saying abt pay 1 fare 4 unlimited transfer 4 each trip,more transport co 4 competition in services & next yr intro a monthly card 4 unlimited trips onboards buses & mrt.

4 the pay 1 fare 4 unlimited transfer,don't think the fare price will still be at S$1.90. Currently S$1.9 is the max fare if u take the furthest trip on a mrt.

4 the more competition in servcies,do u think it means more competition in terms of more co only,or does it means transport fare also up 4 competition??

As 4 the monthly card,u think it would be at S$100??

We were told that the current 2 big players r 4 public transport.
but every nw & then,their profit would be the main priorities.
shldn't a public transport co be looking aft the public,or everytime look at profit margin.
even in jp,the pte transport co r fighting 4 customers thru better fares,better services & faster arrival time.
tis is their version of open market,look at ours.............sigh.

whatever the crap, they are all GLCs, companies belonging to Govt. What can u expect? They can easily create a few more companies, corporatise them, etc etc. End of the day, it's the Govt playing psychological & number games.

Look at how they squeeze out the private companies? Which "public" transport company dun belong to Govt?

84gunner
21-01-2008, 05:34 AM
Look at the US & SG stock markets, since the beginning of the year, especially this past week, equities' been dropping like bird shit, more bad news to come! Oso, property prices in some parts of China have dropped tremendously, the property market bubble has burst in those regions.

So, judge for yrselves how "rosy" it's gonna be!

Regular1000
21-01-2008, 12:37 PM
to maintain rosey 2008... 1st, The American economy must aviod recession (which i think they would) and 2nd, Democrats quickly win the election n kick this cb BUSH out!... nabz both father n son... trouble makers! many atimes make my ballz shrink, cock oso canot stim. :mad:

84gunner
23-01-2008, 03:44 AM
to maintain rosey 2008... 1st, The American economy must aviod recession (which i think they would) and 2nd, Democrats quickly win the election n kick this cb BUSH out!... nabz both father n son... trouble makers! many atimes make my ballz shrink, cock oso canot stim. :mad:

U think the Americans really so smart? They just try to be smart, hao-lian, wanna be world police, world no 1 in everything! But in fact, many Americans are simply simple-minded & ignorant!

USA's democratic System is really democratic, the Election Day is fixed in November, 1 particular day (Tuesday or someday I can't really remember) in the 2nd week of November or something like that. Everyone has way ahead of time to prepare for the next Election, cos they know exactly when is the next Election Day! Not like SGP, waiting for Govt to announce Polling Day. Can be between how many years to how many years after Election, waiting for Govt to suka suka announce the date at close notice.

joew2005
12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
hi bros,the bad times r here on our shore.
no thx 2 those smart alex......................
let's see hw soon/well sg k bounce back on it's feet.