PDA

View Full Version : CCTVs at Commercial Bldgs

Grounded Eagle
19-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Just heard some news from friends working in MCSTs in commercial buildings. Although most buildings have their own CCTVs installed.... the police wants to install their own Polcam inside the buildings especially near "units" of special interest. This Polcams are for the police own usesage and separate from the buildings monitoring systems.

Zerp
19-11-2020, 05:38 PM
Just heard some news from friends working in MCSTs in commercial buildings. Although most buildings have their own CCTVs installed.... the police wants to install their own Polcam inside the buildings especially near "units" of special interest. This Polcams are for the police own usesage and separate from the buildings monitoring systems.

Wear cap and face mask, you are almost unrecognizable. Unless they have safe entry, then it is tricky

afterburn
19-11-2020, 11:57 PM
Wear cap and face mask, you are almost unrecognizable. Unless they have safe entry, then it is tricky

No point, they are not interested in you or any other customer. If anything , the police are only interested in monitoring and then busting the shop.

But i find this idea bizarre .....what if next time the shop unit change owner and nature of business - and the cctv still pointed at them?? :confused:

PoliceOfficer
20-11-2020, 01:30 AM
No point, they are not interested in you or any other customer. If anything , the police are only interested in monitoring and then busting the shop.

But i find this idea bizarre .....what if next time the shop unit change owner and nature of business - and the cctv still pointed at them?? :confused:

That is true, we only will handcuff those who damage public property, these ML are private property, we couldn't care less, carry on your routine essential needs.

This message is proudly brought to you by the Singapore Police Academy

KatongCowboy
20-11-2020, 12:46 PM

Oredi implemented at Parklane & GM. Can see these Polcams are different from the normal cctvs. Big white round base with black domes and SPF logo. But I think they cannot suka suka install in any commercial building as they wish unless that building owner/management gives approval.

MPLover
20-11-2020, 01:22 PM
This is not a new practice. Same thing happened at Fortune Centre during its heydays, one cam was installed outside each of the MP. After that the raids became more frequent causing these MPs to start moving out and FC became the ghost town it is today.

yenshuimaster
20-11-2020, 02:38 PM
Oredi implemented at Parklane & GM. Can see these Polcams are different from the normal cctvs. Big white round base with black domes and SPF logo. But I think they cannot suka suka install in any commercial building as they wish unless that building owner/management gives approval.

Do building owner/management have a choice? :D

rey69
20-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Install inside MPs better.
Can have "live" footage of sizzling actions

WarPig
21-11-2020, 03:15 PM

Do building owner/management have a choice? :D

The building owners have the legal rights to say NO to the installation of Polcams inside their premises. And I know of several such owners who have refused permission to the police and urged them to work with the buildings' security instead.

What I understand of the situation is that for some buildings where the police had to conduct raids repeatedly, the owners are coerced into letting the police to install Polcams by threat of prosecuting the building owners / management of complicity and accomplie by knowingly allowing their premises to be used for criminal / vice / illegal activities. In exchange for not prosecuting them, the owners / management lanlan have to let the police have their way.

rey69
21-11-2020, 09:52 PM
Let mata installing cctv right infront of the shop is as good as chasing tge tenants to move

KuayTutu
21-11-2020, 11:16 PM
That is true, we only will handcuff those who damage public property, these ML are private property, we couldn't care less, carry on your routine essential needs.

This message is proudly brought to you by the Singapore Police Academy

Hahahaa Police Academy, still a trainee ah? Know how to handle a pistol? :D

awakened
22-11-2020, 12:30 PM
Hahahaa Police Academy, still a trainee ah? Know how to handle a pistol? :D

Police Academy? Still living in the past century?
Police Academy already closed down since donkey yesrs ago.
Now police recruits are trained at TRACOM at the HomeTeam Academy in Choa Chu Kang.

Ninja_Assassin
23-11-2020, 11:29 AM
What I understand of the situation is that for some buildings where the police had to conduct raids repeatedly, the owners are coerced into letting the police to install Polcams by threat of prosecuting the building owners / management of complicity and accomplie by knowingly allowing their premises to be used for criminal / vice / illegal activities. In exchange for not prosecuting them, the owners / management lanlan have to let the police have their way.

Not easy to prosecute the owners..... afaik there was only 1 successful conviction (Shing hotel in Kitchener rd) in the past 10 yrs although several cases went to court. The rap is usually pushed to the employees, property agents or tua pek kongs.

nocsag
25-11-2020, 10:15 AM
lol make sg a bad place for business