PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pub & Bar with part-time "waitresses"

midLif3
02-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Hello bros,
Sorry for starting a new thread as I can't find similar posts after crawling for a day. Let me know if i should go to another existing thread for this. Thanks in advance.

I frequent a couple of bars in Tanjong Pagar area in the late 2000s (around 2008-2010)
They were typical bars with a KTV system (those you go to the station to request song, and sing openly).
They hired part-time waitresses, many of them Uni students from PRC. They sit down, chit chat, play games, and typically asked for ladies drinks (reasonable price). There's no "extra" service but gives you really girlfriend feel.
Easy to ask them out for your own follow-up / courting though.

One of them was along main road of Tanjong Pagar (opposite where all the bridal shops are), and the front decor was a Chinese opera mask.
Another one was along the more quiet Tras Street behind the mainroad.

I haven't been there for 10 years, much has changed and I can't seem to find any place like those anymore.

Any bros who know which ones I meant, feel free to leave comments just for memory sake, or if you know of places operating in such way, do share.

Thank you!:)

vavavoom
02-09-2020, 04:40 PM
yo bro. u can check out 'carlsberg sports bar'. it's at waterfront plaza off havelock road. used to be an open karaoke joint but cannot sing nowadays. chickies are PRC n viet. used to hv some indons too. they will chat wif u and take your drink order but will pester u for a ladies drinks at $14 a shot. nice, chilled place to relax. best to call in advance and book a space as they fill up pretty quickly. u can upz me la if u like my rec! :)

Spermster
02-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Last time duxton whole stretch is like that.
Those were the days man.

midLif3
02-09-2020, 06:43 PM
yo bro. u can check out 'carlsberg sports bar'. it's at waterfront plaza off havelock road. used to be an open karaoke joint but cannot sing nowadays. chickies are PRC n viet. used to hv some indons too. they will chat wif u and take your drink order but will pester u for a ladies drinks at $14 a shot. nice, chilled place to relax. best to call in advance and book a space as they fill up pretty quickly. u can upz me la if u like my rec! :)

Thanks bro. Appreciate the sharing!

midLif3
02-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Last time duxton whole stretch is like that.
Those were the days man.

Ya bro, miss those days. Too bad i lost all the numbers when i lost my phone that i used when i chiong last time :(

Nowadays this kinda concept ones are hard to come by. Pinoy and viet ones are too transactional for my liking. (Personal preference)

Jazzb0y
02-09-2020, 11:30 PM

Is this still open? I heard they have already "closed".

vavavoom
03-09-2020, 09:39 AM
Is this still open? I heard they have already "closed".

still open.

sake303
03-09-2020, 10:53 AM
ya boy, i remember Duxton Blue's days. many parttime students....

darkness4311
03-09-2020, 11:03 AM

So true. Duxton blue and ratchada was one of my fav to chill. Manage to up a few of them.

altec7
03-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Indeed good old days.

The lady drinks were not cheap but it was a good way to chill and de-stress :D

There were more pubs at the back(apparently by the same owner) and you just needed to be a regular there to enjoy even more :p

midLif3
03-09-2020, 01:10 PM

Is that the one where the front decor is chinese opera mask? I can't remember the name 😅

midLif3
03-09-2020, 01:13 PM
One of my friends (not very close) said he up the lady boss... I was like 😅

Jazzb0y
03-09-2020, 10:56 PM
still open.

Thanks for the heads up!

abcitbats
06-09-2020, 11:47 PM
that 五十年代 owned by jackie chan?

Is that the one where the front decor is chinese opera mask? I can't remember the name ��

midLif3
10-09-2020, 07:50 PM
that 五十年代 owned by jackie chan?

No bro, it's the stretch before 50's

nicklite
10-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Hello bros,
Sorry for starting a new thread as I can't find similar posts after crawling for a day. Let me know if i should go to another existing thread for this. Thanks in advance.

I frequent a couple of bars in Tanjong Pagar area in the late 2000s (around 2008-2010)
They were typical bars with a KTV system (those you go to the station to request song, and sing openly).
They hired part-time waitresses, many of them Uni students from PRC. They sit down, chit chat, play games, and typically asked for ladies drinks (reasonable price). There's no "extra" service but gives you really girlfriend feel.

One of them was along main road of Tanjong Pagar (opposite where all the bridal shops are), and the front decor was a Chinese opera mask.

I haven't been there for 10 years, much has changed and I can't seem to find any place like those anymore.

Any bros who know which ones I meant, feel free to leave comments just for memory sake, or if you know of places operating in such way, do share.

You can go to 6 gray bar, Chinatown...

DannyW
14-09-2020, 06:04 PM
If you are looking for local part timer xmm waitress, u can try those in bugis cube, prinscep street or bali lane ktv pubs when they are allowed to open :D

I was around Prinsep street recently. A few bars open and they were quite crowded with groups of youngsters. I did not try the crowded places (I think it's LOL or nearby) as I am still a bit afraid of crowd. Does not look like they have waitress inside those bars as well.

Overall I think it is still nice area to chill out.

sunce
14-09-2020, 06:08 PM

Yup been there before. Got a few lookers last time. Alot of Malay song singing heehee . Wonder how's the ambience and crowd these days

sunce
14-09-2020, 06:09 PM
I was around Prinsep street recently. A few bars open and they were quite crowded with groups of youngsters. I did not try the crowded places (I think it's LOL or nearby) as I am still a bit afraid of crowd. Does not look like they have waitress inside those bars as well.

Overall I think overall it is still nice area to chill out.

If I rem alicia low used to know at there. But the prinsep place alot of youngsters and the crowd is crazy especially LOL etc.
Not my kind of places to have so many ginnas there.

HarumaJitsu
14-09-2020, 11:42 PM
LOL or Hangover 2 at Prinsep area do have Part time waitresses, but take note they will make you spend by asking for LD. If generally you buy 1 or 2 LD they won't bother you, mostly ask for atleast half a tray or 1 tray and eventually after you purchase the LD they will butterfly already.

I would say money not worth spend unless your rich or looking for those short moment thrill fun and hoping for something in return.

Prinsep area lots of youngster and fight as well so do stay safe if your planning to explore that area.

RoadsterRTM
15-09-2020, 01:08 AM
Diagonal opposite of queensway shopping center. Walk inside got viet bar, salt n pepper.
L

jur9
15-09-2020, 06:38 PM
In the old SAFRA club?

jacky2
15-09-2020, 11:23 PM
Diagonal opposite of queensway shopping center. Walk inside got viet bar, salt n pepper.
L

I dont think they are open?

jacky2
15-09-2020, 11:25 PM
Can try those Ktv turn Bistro in Havelock Road.:)

Riverwalk
15-09-2020, 11:32 PM
Alexandra area got with slim & busty Thai gals freelance , but need to buy LD.

Strangeruser007
17-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Hi. Any chance you guys can be more specific? Slim & busty thai FL sounds too good ro let it go ;).
Which bar? Around what time? The rest I will figure out myself ��

Same question for Queensway...

midLif3
17-09-2020, 04:26 PM
You can go to 6 gray bar, Chinatown...

Thanks for the recommendation bro! Appreciate it!

midLif3
17-09-2020, 04:29 PM
If you are looking for local part timer xmm waitress, u can try those in bugis cube, prinscep street or bali lane ktv pubs when they are allowed to open :D

Thanks bro! Any specific one that's your fav?

kwh79
17-09-2020, 11:37 PM
L

not viet.

pinoy.

kwh79
17-09-2020, 11:37 PM
Alexandra area got with slim & busty Thai gals freelance , but need to buy LD.

which part of alexandra?

taintede
26-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Hello bros,

bro... i totally know what you meant, i use to frequent that one pub nearby the amoy food court.

some waitress last time dont even ask me for LD, just sit and chit chat. got one laptop spoil i go her place fix somemore. of course no hankie pankie. but last time i still young also, GFE gao gao

unfortunately that golden age has passed.... now would be pinoy pubs i guess but you must really know the game.

jacky2
27-09-2020, 01:06 AM
not viet.

pinoy.

Local Milf and Pinoy

andyooi
29-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Local Milf and Pinoy

Where exactly? Which bar

Wishcareful
29-09-2020, 05:15 PM
Where exactly? Which bar

One of those at the hotel. Not many so just go in and take a look.

midLif3
14-10-2020, 06:56 PM
Bros, just to update that Carlsberg sports bar at havelock is closed for renovation

Prince Devitt
15-10-2020, 09:52 AM
Went down today, both the Thai and Pinoy joint mentioned in Alexandra are closed. The Thai one outside seems to be closed for quite sometime already while the Pinoy joint inside seems to be getting ready for some renovation. :D

Prince Devitt +45

Sheenymilano
27-10-2020, 11:15 AM
A lot of pubs now staff with air stewardess why no one try?

OysterLover
27-10-2020, 12:26 PM

can share? my stewardess friends all still shaking leg at home without fear of losing job

midLif3
01-03-2021, 09:09 PM

Reviving this thread a bit for more sharing

Booker
01-03-2021, 09:59 PM
Is that the one where the front decor is chinese opera mask? I can't remember the name 😅

If I am not wrong, it could be called, Glamour.
Used to hang out there frequently... generally will lepak there on nights my friend and I don’t go Clark Quay or St James.

Calamansi
01-03-2021, 10:28 PM
I believe the name of that joint is called 轻松50. It was managed by Simon whom I was told was the unofficial property agent for Jackie Chan. Jinrikisha station (1 Tanjong Pagar Road) was owned by Jackie at that point in time.

xen0n
02-03-2021, 11:23 AM
You can try the "food court" at Boss Hotel. Its next to Cheers. Quite a number of lookers but LD applies.

ForSomeFun
02-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Chit chat but no play fun meh?

DannyW
03-03-2021, 10:51 AM
You can try the "food court" at Boss Hotel. Its next to Cheers. Quite a number of lookers but LD applies.

This place is not bad. 1 tower is around 70 - 80$. And they don’t force you to order food.

The girls are viet and malaysian. LD is 15$, most will ask you to buy minimum 6 LDs but actually it’s up to you.

roger88
03-03-2021, 11:42 AM
This place is not bad. 1 tower is around 70 - 80$. And they don’t force you to order food.

The girls are viet and malaysian. LD is 15$, most will ask you to buy minimum 6 LDs but actually it’s up to you.

Hi bro,

The "food court" is it facing the river/big longkang one?
I passed by there but never seemed to have any lookers.

DannyW
04-03-2021, 05:09 PM
Hi bro,

The place is called Carlsberg bar or something. Can simply ask the hotel ppl there. There are 2 entrances, one from the river side, the other one along the main road next Cheers.

xen0n
04-03-2021, 09:01 PM

There's happy and non-happy hour prices for the beer. Ambience wise I have to admit that its not bad. Food-wise its abit pricey. For those who like privacy, there are private rooms available with minimum spending of 4 towers equivalent.

xen0n
04-03-2021, 09:02 PM
Hi bro,

Next to Cheers. The other 2 is a bistro (Tochas) and a former pub (can't recall the name offhand).

Xaint
15-03-2021, 11:40 PM
Next to Cheers. The other 2 is a bistro (Tochas) and a former pub (can't recall the name offhand).

This owner own 3 bistro is SG

1) Carlsberg at Boss - Boss hotel
This place will give you a feeling of a mixture of Foodcourt cum bistro.
They have a few food stall and also a drink stall. You will have the S11 food court feel. But when you walk further in, that where the area look more like a pub. The mood and ambience is much better at this area.
PRC and some Vietnamese, but too little to cover the area. Not enough to go round the table.

2) Carlsberg sport bar -Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
Mainly is PRC, but very limited selection. It has the best ambience among the 3 bistro. This is the place to chill out with friends, very relaxation mood.

3) Carlsberg @ Queens- McDonald's Queensway
This is the best bistro among the 3 bistro. In fact, this is once of the best bistro that i have visited during the early stage lock down.
You can choose to sit indoor or outdoor. Quite a big place. and almost full house from Monday to Saturday.
Vietnamese run the show here. That why is full house almost everyday.
A lot of eye candy and I meet some really nice Vietnamese girl here.
but unfortunately, due to some operation issue, they decide to close the bistro. what a waste man. and the Vietnamese girls are no where to be seen :(