PDA

View Full Version : In your own opinion, which women are most materialistic?

shroom
02-12-2007, 06:16 AM
My take, purely by experience.

#1 Shanghai
#2 HK/Shenzhen + Singapore + Malaysian Chinese from Klang Valley.
#3 Those from other parts of PRC.
#4 American.

ddog
02-12-2007, 09:34 AM
In my opinion, I feel it largely depends on individuals. But on whole in majority I would rate
1. Singaporean
2. Shanghai/Shenzhen

And last to Malaysians (but they're materialistic too but in fewer %)
Reason for SG gals would be the gals rich poor mostly crave for branded goods. Esp the modelly type, since I'm involved in this circle. Even my ex GF just fooled me into getting me a Gucci bag for early Xmas. I'm dumb I know.. ohya, I and SG gals are most manipulative. Just my own opinion.

enzer88
02-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Actually i find malaysian ladies are the best for wife.Beside less materialistic,they r willing to sacrfice for their loved one,that y u see so many malaysian wl in geylang and hc.

SioGan
02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Shanghainese bitch.

Red_Tirak1099
02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
1) Singaporean
2) PRC

Me onli got 2 picks.....the PRC category I not experience enuf to split them into provinces. Imho the most UN-materialistic are the Viets. Thais 50-50. Malaysian on the contrary me find not materialistic too & most times have qualities that make good wife. One bro put down american....me experience with white chicks is that they not that materialistic but very democratic instead

STK01
02-12-2007, 11:40 AM
IMHO,

I would say nothing to do with nationality. But most of the time, I will observe how the woman behaves and dress.. some of my lady colleagues wear branded, use branded, etc... always want people to pick them up in a car, WTF.

But some of my woman friends quite ok, easy going with the food, clothes, etc. Of course, this is the kind of woman to look out for when choosing a wife. Hehe :D

Quite difficult to generalise these women by nationality I suppose, its their individual behaviour.

Mr Bergamo
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Singaporean. Period. None beats them.

ahpaul25
02-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Fair Judgement...

Anywhere u go, there always gd and bad women in any countries, which lady don wish to have a better life....don u guys also love to drive yr fav. sport car or yr own fetish.....same opinion to ask yrself.....of coz, if any guy wish to have a pretty wife, of coz, u have to pay her maintence....then don kpkb.....say spend u this and that amount.....as long she's well discpline and manner.....don u feel is ok to spend sure $$ on sure wife....every1 of us want the best out of the world....I would say the most impt for women is be a understanding and smart babe, standby on husband side and support them no matter they are gd or bad, this will give us guys the kick to drive on.....Life will be better after u bypass all the hardship.....:)

Idealist
02-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Nationality have nothing to do with it. Our action determine what kind of women we attract no matter where we go. If being materialistic means liking stuff like LV, Gucci and stuff, then i think everyone lose to Japanese and Koreans.

educatedman
02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I think shanghai.

sta1100
02-12-2007, 08:10 PM
PRC most of them $$$ face

SDMM
02-12-2007, 10:16 PM
I think shanghai.

Use it to your advantage. Pretend to be rich and shack them early. They are babes by the way. They all think foreigners in China are rich
kekeke.............

fastfingers
02-12-2007, 10:59 PM
for me i think HK gals are the most materialistics bunch i've knw and met so far

Red_Tirak1099
03-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Me think not onli PRC girls think SinKee guys loaded.....all the nationalities like Viets & Thai think we rich too.....me remember when I went back upcountry LOS to meet my tirak's family & they probed how much I make a month....me very uncomfortable with such questions but not wanting to be rude, just told them a figure 50% less than my actual income......imagine all their jaws dropped....maybe that amount to their 10 years salary or what but they cannot understand that standard of living is high in SinKeeland.

nacho
03-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Me think not onli PRC girls think SinKee guys loaded.....all the nationalities like Viets & Thai think we rich too.....me remember when I went back upcountry LOS to meet my tirak's family & they probed how much I make a month....me very uncomfortable with such questions but not wanting to be rude, just told them a figure 50% less than my actual income......imagine all their jaws dropped....maybe that amount to their 10 years salary or what but they cannot understand that standard of living is high in SinKeeland.

Well said. You dun know how deep is the hole till you stepped into it. In this case the living standard. Money in SinKeeland is always not enough.

behemoth
03-12-2007, 03:44 AM
PRC money-minded la! so many cases of getting married and missing china wife..

XiaoJing
03-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Everybody think Sin.. rich except ourselves, $ never enough

Xiao Hei
03-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Haha, but some act as if they rich, but pocket bo lui ...

Kunotz
03-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I think not easy to generalise which nationality or from which city is more materialistic ... if we only deal with PRC, then we will think the materialistic ... even though maybe we never deal of for example romanians .. :)

octupus
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I have cheong alot of PRCs from different region, and I cant tell who is more materialistic, some keep trying their luck to get you buy this buy that for them, some dont.

pfingo
03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
tink all bah

yariman
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Haha, me not handsome, any girl attracted to me, must be materialistic ...

old_yet_horny
03-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Not in any nationalites in particular.

PRC or Sg or M'sia or watever country have their own black sheeps..

Met up with decent PRC factory gals and found out that they are actually quite easy to please and contented with what they have.

Met up with many Sg gals and some really quite simple and easy going..

Malaysian have met up with good ones and bad ones too..

IMHO, it really depends on under what kind of circumstances that we meet up with these gals..

vesfreq
03-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Materialistic is one thing. The worst possible is that the gal also no sense of loyalty. A gal can crave for as much materialism as she wants. But, at the end of it, if she doesn't have that bit of cow sense to know who she is supposed to be loyal to, this type of gal can go to the bin.

Materialistic still can keep, if money really a lot. No sense of loyalty, lagi cannot keep. Keep gals who can't be loyal is like shooting oneself in the foot.

In a way, most gals in Singapore are materialistic. Can't blamed these gals, cos' of the upbringing and the people around them. If any of the guys here were born as gal, surely high chance also turn materialistic. Its really a qn of how much.

My friend was ditched by his ex-gf. He is really well to do. Father run biz and stay in landed property. His wife today is a viet wife. Reality is as such. Foreign wives are the biggest winners in SG, just simply because a lot of the eligible guys (ie, got some money to support family + decent job) are viewed as "not the one", "not romantic" or etc by many of the SG gals.

babycheong
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM
which is not materialistic? Not only women, man as well... if given the chance....
This question is not even right in the first place, don't you think so?
Most ppl will think that women from China is materialistic, why? Have you ever thought of why that is so? Please, look at the life & living standard of the country and you'll most likely understand. Not to even forget, PRC borrows quite a big amt of money inorder to come here, obviously they want bring back even more....to pay back what they borrowed and still be able to hv money for other stuff like land & house.....
Please, they are using their body to exchange for $$$, so... naturally they will only look at $$.
It's juz a different way to survive.... cos it is basically the survival mode which they are in that makes them behave that way.

Juz a 2 cents from me.

BC

paradigm
03-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe what some members think so is that those they met are usually working in KTVs or Streetwalkers whose purpose is to make money .... whatever way they can :eek:

Van Persie
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
So does it means Spore gals are worst, they already have enuff $, but they want even more, not to satisfy their 5 basic needs, but just so they can have branded stuffs, unlike those from PRCs, they are yoiu to earn to feed themselves.

Heart Break Kid
03-12-2007, 01:07 PM
My ranking:

(1) Japaneses
(2) Koreans
(3) Singaporeans
(4) PRCs

No doubt mi did not rate the malaysian girls as materialistic but mi rated them as the most fark-up lots & loose pussy nature (worst than PRCs)

marine boy
03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Actually are we referring to the general population ... if so forget about those WLs. They cant be classified together. If the women in general, then materialistic would refer more to wanting more than what you need ie, buying branded stuff and have super holidays ... if tat the case, the more developed the country is, and the more their standard of living, the more materialistic they are .....

Derelict
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
My ranking:

(1) Japaneses
(2) Koreans
(3) Singaporeans
(4) PRCs

Strange you listed Japanese in 1st place while Korean in close second. Dont get me wrong I respect your list for I am sure you must have loads of experience to add those into your list.

My understanding about Japanese people in general based on my experience during my student exchange days than spending a few months each year thereafter for the pass 9 years in Japan tells a different story . I even got married to one after spending nearly a decade with her. Thus I find it hard pressed to generalize them 'materialistic'.

My knowledge of labelling one materialistic is simple. Loosely, any relationship that starts and end with purchasing power is term materialistic. For example buying a wrong brand as a gift starts a quarrel. During arguments one's purchasing power is brought up as a topic in every instance and etc etc.

So far from all accounts, once a Japanese girls falls for you. Its very nearly impossible to break that relationship. Trust me when I say nothing from shopping centres can garner more emotions than you giving her a lil more attention.

You must understand Japanese girls are generally rule by their parents while growing up. Once a girl gets hitch its back to being governed and thats the mindset they are familiar. Surprise them by listening and be attentive to their needs... and you will taste paradise on earth where no Prada or LV have gone before...

avaritia
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Bro, you have loads of experience in the anone section ...
But dont they like to purchase expensive branded stuff even though the man is the master of the house.

Heart Break Kid
03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Bro Derelict.. my experience based on 5 years working in 2 japanese companies & 2 years experience working in a Korean company based in sg.

I had dated japanese & korean women till now I still feel that in term materialistic ranking .. they are very material comparing to PRC & SG girls.

Why ? In monetary terms.. the japs & koreans valued quality of life much higher than PRC, Sg & Msia women. They really how spend & enjoy luxury & live their life to fullest. Thrifty is never a word to describe the japanese & korean girls.

When you broke (no money) the japs & koreans is high likely to say bye bye to you (as mi witness some cases) we would believe that chinese girls will still stand their men even they are broke.

Derelict
03-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Bro, you have loads of experience in the anone section ...
But dont they like to purchase expensive branded stuff even though the man is the master of the house.

Well not really, most probably one might be influence from the magazines and/or the media whilst the documentary is strictly targeting the young adults which is very much happening everywhere else. Generally the Japanese are an effluent bunch so in their world carrying an LV does not mean anything. Than again if one was to walk in downtown Tokyo it speaks another story. When you go to Kyoto dont be surprise if they have not heard of the name Salvatore Ferragamo.

I do concur that the teenagers (not the working class citizen) do show off their imitations and walk around trying to be showy. They do it for many reasons and one of which could be for rebellious reasons or to increase their perceived value. Once they start working or hit college they will mellow down.
In the end seeing what we watch on the stupid box or not reading the full story in a tabloid can give wrong info because if thats the case than Kong Kong and Manhattan, New York is even worse of.

ziyi
03-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Really learn something from bro megarapier and derelict's comments. Me too believe they (Japanese) are materialistic. Maybe like you all say, its the minority, and also that their currency is strong vis a vis S$ n USD

Derelict
03-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Why ? In monetary terms.. the japs & koreans valued quality of life much higher than PRC, Sg & Msia women. They really how spend & enjoy luxury & live their life to fullest. Thrifty is never a word to describe the japanese & korean girls.

When you broke (no money) the japs & koreans is high likely to say bye bye to you (as mi witness some cases) but then we believe that chinese girls will still stand their men even they are broke.

Now I see where you are coming from. In your post you mentioned in SG (singapore) Which means they are most likely expatriates which usually means they are being paid handsomely. Something not all local guys are in their league when it comes to purchasing power. Than again it also depends on the local guys and their intentions.

As for being thrifty thats a lil bit hard to fathom isnt it. I mean what if that person's pay is 12 thousand dollars compared to that with some local lover that is earning 3-4 thousand. It might seem overly for the local if the girl spend 30% of her montly pay on upkeep. Same might be said with local Singaporean yuppies to their Malaysian boyfriends.

I felt your analysis is a lil bias because you are speaking from view of Japanese overseas and not the general Japanese in their native land.

Heart Break Kid
03-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Now I see where you are coming from. In your post you mentioned in SG (singapore) Which means they are most likely expatriates which usually means they are being paid handsomely. Something not all local guys are in their league when it comes to purchasing power. Than again it also depends on the local guys and their intentions.

As for being thrifty thats a lil bit hard to fathom isnt it. I mean what if that person's pay is 12 thousand dollars compared to that with some local lover that is earning 3-4 thousand. It might seem overly for the local if the girl spend 30% of her montly pay on upkeep. Same might be said with local Singaporean yuppies to their Malaysian boyfriends.

I felt your analysis is a lil bias because you are speaking from view of Japanese overseas and not the general Japanese in their native land.

The Japanese women that worked in my ex-companies are not expat status, they classified as local staff and drawing salary between $3K~$4K a month.

Mi also used to have a jap gf working in temp staff (Jap recruitment agency in sg).

Derelict
03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Japanese wives are generally very family orientated. My classmate married a Japanese wife and she is so traditional that she insists that she bathe for him and scrub his back everyday. Other than tradition, it's her little way of showing her appreciation for him for all the hard work he does everyday to bring home the bacon, I was told.

I concur on this point. Once you have her heart, it is yours for keeps so long as you keep your husbandly vows. But it comes with a clause... if you dont like clingly suffocating love than I suggest not getting involve with Japanese girls. :)

The Japanese women that worked in my ex-companies are not expat status, they classified as local staff and drawing salary between $3K~$4K a month.

Mi also used to have a jap gf working in temp staff (Jap recruitment agency in sg).

I think its only fair you have come up with an opinion and I didnt mean to shoot it down. Come to think of it my wife seems to wear branded clothes but i did not really take notice until now. My point is, if one can afford it, why not?

My argument regarding branding one 'Materialistic' is not so much what one can buy for oneself but a point in reference of being a bargaining factor. A person's desire for wealth and material possessions with little interest in ethical or spiritual matters. In our case, the relationship cease to exist if there is no more 'presents'.

Heart Break Kid
03-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I concur on this point. Once you have her heart, it is yours for keeps so long as you keep your husbandly vows. But it comes with a clause... if you dont like clingly suffocating love than I suggest not getting involve with Japanese girls. :)

I think its only fair you have come up with an opinion and I didnt mean to shoot it down. Come to think of it my wife seems to wear branded clothes but i did not really take notice until now. My point is, if one can afford it, why not?

My argument regarding branding one 'Materialistic' is not so much what one can buy for oneself but a point in reference of being a bargaining factor. A person's desire for wealth and material possessions with little interest in ethical or spiritual matters. In our case, the relationship cease to exist if there is no more 'presents'.

My view is not just whether you can afford to buy brand stuffs or not, my opinion is that jap women is had an inner nature of been a spendthift & always go for luxury lifestyle. If you do not have money.. these jap women will never consider you as a friend first let alone going out with you.

_AXL_
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
can i join the discussion??? prequalification... marrying a korean girl soon...

I concur on this point. Once you have her heart, it is yours for keeps so long as you keep your husbandly vows. But it comes with a clause... if you dont like clingly suffocating love than I suggest not getting involve with Japanese girls.

same goes for korean girls...

agreed. my live-in gf and wife-to-be has dozens of bags and mountains of clothes and yes, they r mostly branded... but the truth is that she had rarely requested me to buy branded stuff for her. her salary alone and maybe a little savings from the living expenses i passed to her to purchase necessities, she could afford them. budgeting is probably the key... maybe japan would be saved if they just let a woman be the finance minister!!!:D

agreed. with my korean wife-to-be, she has proven that she will not leave, even during a very big crisis recently... what's my point? u would ask... i also dunno...:confused:

Yamate
03-12-2007, 06:57 PM
My encounter are the Hongkies (HK) gals. Thy look at ur appearance and ur dressing all, if u dress very lockkok, thy wont hiew u whereas if u dress up nicely with branded clothings, thy will leech on ur :)

corvette
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
I think hongkies are getting better towards sillyporean ....

Derelict
04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
can i join the discussion??? prequalification... marrying a korean girl soon...

Anytime my dear friend and congratulations on your love life. Hoping not to jinx it I did touch wood when i wrote this sentence. :)

same goes for korean girls...
Yup, I felt as much. I dont really have much say of the Koreans since my experience with them and their country are pretty much superficial... tour, trekking and work. I must say a high percentage of them look really good tho. My wife say it to do with all those thick make-up but I think she was miff with me for looking at a few leggy girls than beaming like an idiot. Lol.

agreed. my live-in gf and wife-to-be has dozens of bags and mountains of clothes and yes, they r mostly branded... but the truth is that she had rarely requested me to buy branded stuff for her. her salary alone and maybe a little savings from the living expenses i passed to her to purchase necessities, she could afford them.

agreed. with my korean wife-to-be, she has proven that she will not leave, even during a very big crisis recently... what's my point? u would ask... i also dunno...

After reading some of the posts in this thread I fear our love one will always be branded materialistic. The meaning has taken too broad a term for my liking. Until a benchmark is set, I dont see any point arguing anymore because I dont see any limit to this discussion.

budgeting is probably the key... maybe japan would be saved if they just let a woman be the finance minister!!!

Japanese economy is changing from what I can gather. Spoke to my in-laws and did managed to get some insight. Their tradisional approach is no longer insinc from what I have gathered. There was loads of mergers happening. Its not easy for them since their stake holders must learn to accept shareholders capitalism distinct from the western model. Some are globalising thru takeovers abroad. The most aggresive move to date is getting government backing of foreign firms to enter their market... something thats nearly unheard of. Like all mindsets it will not be an easy thing to change. Well at lease its going somewhere.