PDA

View Full Version : Possible to pick-up & befriend those SYT working in shopping centres? Any tips

SadLoser
19-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Realized there are quite a number of SYTs working as retail staff in shopping centres - selling bubbletea, Pedro shoes, skincare products, waitresses etc

Just curious if any bros here managed to befriend any of these gals before. Some are really very sweet looking and totally my type. I really wanted to muster courage and approach them, but usually it's difficult cos there are always other customers around and it's a fast paced/crowded environment :(

franciscoJimene
19-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Realized there are quite a number of SYTs working as retail staff in shopping centres - selling bubbletea, Pedro shoes, skincare products, waitresses etc

Just curious if any bros here managed to befriend any of these gals before. Some are really very sweet looking and totally my type. I really wanted to muster courage and approach them, but usually it's difficult cos there are always other customers around and it's a fast paced/crowded environment :(
Those good looking ones usually are for ang moh.
You can try at food stall, hawkers or super-markets.

SadLoser
19-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Dating apps are of course an easier channel to know gals. I have been using Tinder and OKC for a few years (on and off).

But what I realized is this - the attractive gals on dating apps usually very low response rate. They are usually just trying to fish for more IG followers or work as financial consultant/trying sell stuff

Those who respond warmly are usually those plus-sized chicks or those old (above 35), or divorced with kids. Basically the bottom of the barrel quality kind.

I was wondering will it be better if I just go out there to approach a gal that I like, rather than wasting my time on these dating apps.

SadLoser
19-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Those good looking ones usually are for ang moh.
You can try at food stall, hawkers or super-markets.

Quite true :(

U mean approach SYTs working in food stalls at hawker? Usually syt who work at hawker stall stalls is the daughter of the hawker, her father will be watching u :D

foreveraloneng
19-07-2020, 03:09 PM
How to start conversation with them?

SadLoser
19-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Will be extremely grateful if any bros here can share their experiences or tips on how they befriend a SYT retail assistant

Does not necessarily need to lead to sex or a relationship. Will be happy just to know them just as friends too :)

afterburn
19-07-2020, 03:14 PM

You can't make much headway as just a customer - as you mentioned, too fast-paced interaction.

Your best bet is to apply for a job at the same place as the chio bu and then try to wriggle your way onto the same shift, then start from there :rolleyes:

claronet
19-07-2020, 03:35 PM

Park your Rolls Royce in front of the shopping mall :D

thedevil666
19-07-2020, 04:28 PM
Unless u are Andy Lau or Aaron Kwok, don’t think anyone will feel flattered if u really muster the courage to just approach and befriend them.

SadLoser
19-07-2020, 05:39 PM
Unless u are Andy Lau or Aaron Kwok, don’t think anyone will feel flattered if u really muster the courage to just approach and befriend them.

Ya that's the strange thing. For guys, I am sure we will be flattered if a gal actually walks up to compliment us or try to befriend us. Even if it's a fat chick, we will not be offended or take it negatively

But why do gals get some defensive and offended when guys try to befriend them? :confused:

teehee
19-07-2020, 06:01 PM

I actually talked to several of them. Mostly Malaysians. Got a little too clingy so decided to drop them since I’m out of town most of the time. My advice is to just play it cool, don’t sound too needy, ask whenever it’s appropriate. Confidence plays a key as well. Took me 2 months (once a week of visiting) to get the Wechat of the malaysian bbt retail staff.

garion
19-07-2020, 11:02 PM

Become a customer. Be nonchalant on your first visit. Don't make it obvious that you're beoing her. Second time ask for her recommendation, like flavor or color? Then maybe say you also like this flavor or color and chitchat from there. Make sure the shop isn't at it's busiest time. Good luck!

Silversurfer837
19-07-2020, 11:06 PM
tough luck bro....try many times but difficult

geelang
19-07-2020, 11:11 PM
Today saw some ok looking ceweks at a foodcourt in Orchard. All Gals outing... they were videocalling their bfs I think. Peep at some of their screens and could see they were Indians. Not the banglas.
Sighhh.... the most chio one also taken.

SadLoser
20-07-2020, 01:49 AM
I actually talked to several of them. Mostly Malaysians. Got a little too clingy so decided to drop them since I’m out of town most of the time. My advice is to just play it cool, don’t sound too needy, ask whenever it’s appropriate. Confidence plays a key as well. Took me 2 months (once a week of visiting) to get the Wechat of the malaysian bbt retail staff.

Wow cool. Did u ask her out for dinner or dates after getting her wechat?

U must be a very attractive dude for them to fall in love with u and become clingy :D

SadLoser
20-07-2020, 01:51 AM
Become a customer. Be nonchalant on your first visit. Don't make it obvious that you're beoing her. Second time ask for her recommendation, like flavor or color? Then maybe say you also like this flavor or color and chitchat from there. Make sure the shop isn't at it's busiest time. Good luck!

Great suggestions. Thanks for the tips! :)

I am not tall or handsome, so prob my success rate won't be high. But still hope to have some luck and befriend one or two of these syts.

I must say some of these syts retail staff are really sweet and cute looking. Looks less dominating than those CBD OLs too. I work in a MNC in Raffles Place and all those executive ols are damm aggressive & alpha pattern one. When they walk also got wind one...

thedevil666
20-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Ya that's the strange thing. For guys, I am sure we will be flattered if a gal actually walks up to compliment us or try to befriend us. Even if it's a fat chick, we will not be offended or take it negatively

But why do gals get some defensive and offended when guys try to befriend them? :confused:

its the occasion and context. if it is a social gathering, everyone is having a good time, u don't need to be andy lau or aaron kwok to approach a girl.

but since she is working, it may be seen as flirting, desperate. even as a guy, if a random girl just approach me, i will find it funny or she is not serious at all. maybe candid camera somewhere. picking up girls in shops usually only happen in idol dramas. but u can try.. everyone deserve a chance for a fairy tale ending

palvin
21-07-2020, 12:50 AM
Upon reading this post, then i remembered i befriended a Malaysian girl selling Kappa clothes at Metro.

I was looking for polo tee and came to Kappa at Metro. Was approached by this Malaysian girl whom never catches my attention. The ordinary sales girl look, very auntie like. But her sales are good. She told me many things about the polo that i wanted to buy, gave me recommendations, chose some better quality for me and even taught me how to wash it so that the quality last longer.

Her best service was to lend me her Metro card so that i can get 30% discount. She initially asked if i got a metro card. I said no. So she just passed her one to me and ask me to pay using her card so that i can get the discount. From the card, i came to know her name as Janet Lim.

I was very appreciative of her service. I emailed to Metro to compliment her service but there was not reply from metro. So i went to buy Metro vouchers and wanted to give her directly. I tried a few times looking for her but her colleague said she's on a different shift. And it was this day at the Kappa dept, i saw someone who looked like her but cannot confirm cos i hardly remember how she looks like.

Then she noticed me and said to me "how was your new clothes?". I was surprised! I said "wow, you remember me?" She said yes! Then i personally handed her the voucher and asked for her contact number.

From the contact number, i did some CSI and got her FB. She's married with 2 kids and damn! She's a very pretty young mummy i can say! But no lah. Never dated her nor do anything to her. Just kept her as a friend on FB.

palvin
21-07-2020, 12:59 AM

Agree with some bros here that the best way is to be their customer.
I was at Swarovski at Ion Orchard looking for some pendant for my wife. Then this petite sales girl approached me. I've used some common customer tactics to "test" her sales skills, by asking her to bring out a few pendants from different cabinets and i take my own time to choose. At the same time i asked for her recommendations and also trying to match her and my wife. As in, she wanted to know about my wife before she can make some recommendations. This is the part where i inject some sweet descriptions like.. " my wife has similar skin like you, so soft and smooth." or "but you presented yourself better than my wife". Just something that makes her go cloud 9. Haha...

And of course, i did not go away empty handed. I purchased the pendant i want and she said the pendant i purchased allows me unlimited washing service. Anytime can just go to the shop and ask them wash. I asked "then can i look for you?". She gladly says OK!

My intention is not to hook her. Thus i mentioned about buying it for my wife. But if you want to befriend the sales ladies, you can try similar method with a different tactic. =)

kyc2110
21-07-2020, 10:33 AM
This was my hobby when cheonging in hatyaai many moons ago.:D

Stanleestanlee
21-07-2020, 10:58 AM
I will go more often and some times will ask questions on the things I looking and slowly chat about other stuff and get her number.

This is how I got my current gf and it’s helps that I work nearby and retails hours too

sgflyman
21-07-2020, 12:54 PM
Once I went to purchase some gift at a retail outlet. Asked the cute SA to write a message for me as I have real bad handwriting.

When she finished writing, I took a look at the message and she asked if it was ok, if I needed her to write anything more.

Looked at her with a straight face and I asked her to write her number down 😂. Took her about 3 seconds to register what I just said and she wrote it down for me haha

lancelim
21-07-2020, 06:13 PM
I had a met some girls from the retail and F&B industry. Maybe I'm not that yandao, but I had to invest for some time (months, years...) before we get along on a personal level then to intimate level.

So I think time, money and luck and some thick skin will help.

Karlman
22-07-2020, 08:17 AM
The best way , like some of the bro’s here said, is to be colleague with the girl. I was working in a chinese restaurant and had the opportunity to bed a waitress when I was a supervisor, and a atb kitchen chef when I got promoted to a manager.

The waitress had a bf at that time. I joke around with her and sweet talked her, end up fucking her after we went for supper after work. Best C-cup 18yo body I had!

Stanleestanlee
22-07-2020, 11:14 AM
The best way , like some of the bro’s here said, is to be colleague with the girl. I was working in a chinese restaurant and had the opportunity to bed a waitress when I was a supervisor, and a atb kitchen chef when I got promoted to a manager.

The waitress had a bf at that time. I joke around with her and sweet talked her, end up fucking her after we went for supper after work. Best C-cup 18yo body I had!

Same here bro. Except mine was waitress from Japanese restaurant and a B cup 18yr old. We continue for 4years

Laopizhui
22-07-2020, 11:51 AM
for us as local sg men, best is to target malaysian or prc girls

u need to be a regular customer, this helps u a lot
y? i dated a salon girl, totally plane jane type. but i keep asking her to cut my hair, wash n blow. soon i buy a package from her, then i ask her for suggestions to buy gifts for female colleagues or friends

she say i must be liking them to fish around, i told her is for maintaining good PR. soon i try to broaden n my topics, as some are getting old or miss

took me nearly a year, as i told her one thai movie horror one, she say wanted to watch but is too ex to watch in sg, so i suggest i bring her to watch but she hesitated, n i assure her i not getting anything from her as i treat more like a friend as i told i been to her hair cutting for nearly a year, she say ok but feel bad then i say buy bbt for me lor

bbt=bubble tea was the ice breaking point, most girls loves it, so her eyes was lighted n ask me which brand i usually drink, we talk from here n we smuggle our bbt into the movies

in conclusion, u need a few factors before u get a hit on the girl

1) lots of patience and courage, thick skin as some bros mentioned

2) a bit of investment of money, time and effort

3) be attentive, try to take note of small details, like some girl often go for dye their hair, change of fingernail color or art, new clothes, hair band or earrings, etc

4) take note, yes literally taking down notes on her details

5) be honest and humble, show off is a turn off to them

6) praise them, like ask have she been losing weight or slim down

7) ask her how was her day when u r a regular customer, or had her meals already

8) establish a friend-friend relationship

9) gossip abt whats happening lately, see fb, twitter or news, this one hard to catch actually

10) lastly, joke with her, silly jokes are the best, no discrimination of the female jokes or dirty jokes

oh ask her does keep a pet. might help

thats all i have for u guys, if other bros have other factors dont mind sharing here.

to all bros, best of luck getting the girl of ur type. hopefully can hear more wedding bells from u guys .

those married like me, dont play this game, is dangerous, very dangerous

lancelim
22-07-2020, 03:27 PM
for us as local sg men, best is to target malaysian or prc girls

u need to be a regular customer, this helps u a lot
y? i dated a salon girl, totally plane jane type. but i keep asking her to cut my hair, wash n blow. soon i buy a package from her, then i ask her for suggestions to buy gifts for female colleagues or friends

she say i must be liking them to fish around, i told her is for maintaining good PR. soon i try to broaden n my topics, as some are getting old or miss

took me nearly a year, as i told her one thai movie horror one, she say wanted to watch but is too ex to watch in sg, so i suggest i bring her to watch but she hesitated, n i assure her i not getting anything from her as i treat more like a friend as i told i been to her hair cutting for nearly a year, she say ok but feel bad then i say buy bbt for me lor

bbt=bubble tea was the ice breaking point, most girls loves it, so her eyes was lighted n ask me which brand i usually drink, we talk from here n we smuggle our bbt into the movies

in conclusion, u need a few factors before u get a hit on the girl

1) lots of patience and courage, thick skin as some bros mentioned

2) a bit of investment of money, time and effort

3) be attentive, try to take note of small details, like some girl often go for dye their hair, change of fingernail color or art, new clothes, hair band or earrings, etc

4) take note, yes literally taking down notes on her details

5) be honest and humble, show off is a turn off to them

6) praise them, like ask have she been losing weight or slim down

7) ask her how was her day when u r a regular customer, or had her meals already

8) establish a friend-friend relationship

9) gossip abt whats happening lately, see fb, twitter or news, this one hard to catch actually

10) lastly, joke with her, silly jokes are the best, no discrimination of the female jokes or dirty jokes

oh ask her does keep a pet. might help

thats all i have for u guys, if other bros have other factors dont mind sharing here.

to all bros, best of luck getting the girl of ur type. hopefully can hear more wedding bells from u guys .

those married like me, dont play this game, is dangerous, very dangerous

That's true. Took me a year to cut my hair at a salon and become friends and finally flirt when the salon was empty. Then got to up her. Sweet Malaysian but not my cup of tea for long relationships or settling down.

Karlman
22-07-2020, 04:10 PM
There are many examples here from bros own experiences. Take your pick! 🙂

thedevil666
23-07-2020, 12:34 PM
tbh, is it really worth it to invest so much time and effort just to pick up a syt from a random place?

if u are looking for wife-material, i think it is ok to invest this much. but if it is just to chase skirt and bang her one day.. invest so much time just to bang once or maybe became FB (that is if u are very lucky) is worth it meh?