PDA

View Full Version : Thailand - Koh Chang Island

singman
13-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Just met up with a friend and we've decided to go Thailand for about 8-10 days early next month. Besides Bangkok , my friend has suggested going to Koh Chang for 3days.

Understand that its quite far away from Bangkok. I am just wondering if any brothers has been to Koh Chang ? Is there anything interesting there ( Massage / agogo bars or disco with FL) ?

We are still wondering if we should bring own woman from Bangkok to Koh Chang or find women there .

Thanks for any contributions.

korb
14-10-2007, 01:05 AM
ko chang near to trat. like ubin island .take ferry go over.

Spas
Koh Chang offers a wealth of spas to pamper you after a day on the beach. Places such as the Koh Chang Grand Orchid Resort & Spa features a traditional Thai-styled building nestled in the vicinity of bungalows. The Aiyapura Resort & Spa offers massage treatments while the Aana Resort and Spa has its facilities set amidst swaying coconut trees and a great view of the Klong Prao area. At the V.J. Hotel & Health Spa, treatments are meant for long-term health while the Koh Chang Resort and Spa offers facial massages and treatments, using effective traditional approaches.

Massages, beauty and body treatments
As in any part of Thailand, masseuses soothe the muscles with traditional Thai massage or foot reflexology right on the beaches. A 1-hour massage on the beach costs around 200 Baht. Away from the beach are several massage places along the main road. Massage services in the compound of the Boutique Resort and Health Spa is one of several professional places offering rejuvenating treatments. Other pampering activities are offered as well, such as hair braiding, manicures and pedicures. Other luxury treatments include foot scrubs and skin scraping treatments to ensure that your feet remain smooth throughout your vacation.

Tattoo
Tattoo artists can easily be found throughout the island. Both permanent and henna tattooing are available on the beaches. Tattoos, whether henna or permanent, begin at 400 Baht. Well-known tattooist, known as Jack, offers custom tattoos at Tantawan Pub and Restaurant on White Sand Beach.

Canoes and Kayaking
For a relaxing trip along the coastlines, try paddling canoes, which cost only 100 Baht an hour or about 500 Baht a day. Canoes can be found along the beaches and some resorts. Some resorts offer free kayaking for their guests. Triyaks at Kai Bae Hut Shop cost 150 Baht per hour or 100 Baht per hour for two.

Speedboats
If you don't have enough time, speed-boats can take you to more spots further from the island. The Kai Bae Hut Shop organizes 4-island packages to Koh Yak, Koh Kra, Koh Rang, and Koh Wai at 700 Baht per person inclusive of a lunch box, fruits, drinks and snorkeling equipments.The full-day trip usually begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends before 5:00 p.m.
A speedboat usually takes 15 people. Fishing gear can be rented at 200 Baht a day, not including hooks and weights. You can charter a boat for 7,000 Baht. Similar 3-island trips to Koh Kood, Koh Mak and Koh Kham cost 1,500 Baht per person or you can charter a boat for 15,000 Baht. Advance booking is necessary. A smaller excursion to Koh Yuak is available at only 200 Baht per person.
The Klong Prao Resort offers chartered speedboat trips to Koh Yuak at 2,500 Baht or a four-island package at 8,000 Baht. There are some resorts on other islands such as Koh Kood, Koh Mak and Koh Ngam that include boat trips in their package rates.

Boating
Leisure trips can easily be arranged at most resorts, beaches, fishing villages or from Laem Ngob on the mainland. Boats can take you to various sites for snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing. There are many establishments along Hat Sai Khao (White Sand Beach), Klong Prao, Kai Bae and Bang Bao which organize boat trips for groups. It costs about 400-600 Baht per person, usually with a minimum of 10 persons for a trip. Vanida Tour organizes a full-day snorkeling trip to Koh Rang, Koh Kra, Koh Wai at 600 Baht per person inclusive of lunch box and drinks. Private trips can also be arranged at about 5,000 Baht for a full-day snorkeling.
There are sailboats to be chartered. The Sea Adventures in Bang Bao provides 13-m catamaran ready to be chartered or cruise while you have your dinner while watching the spectacular sunset. Most boats are equipped with snorkeling equipments, freshwater shower and toilet.
Hiking
The main road west of Koh Chang from Klong Son to Kai Bae is a popular route. On the northern part of the island, you can walk from Ban Klong Son to Had Sai Khao (White Sand Beach). The best hiking routes are in the southern half of the island since there are fewer roads. For those seeking more adventurous hikes, go inland to the steep and forested hills. Shorter hikes to waterfalls from their main entrances are becoming popular. There is a footpath that connects Ban Klong Phrao on the west coast with Klong Mayom on the east. However, this difficult 6 to 8-hour hike should be done with a local guide.

Bird Sanctuary
Bird watching has become a popular activity on Koh Chang (Ko Chang). Favourite sites include Khao Laem and Khao Yai. In these areas, native species such as Koh Chang hornbills are commonly spotted. Bird watching activities are usually organized year-round by Koh Chang and the Nok and Nature Club. A one-day tour starts at 1,000 Baht. Interested persons can buy tickets from the "Trekkers of Koh Chang" at 089-147-940, 081-578-7513 and 039-525-029.

Viewing Fireflies
During the cooler months on Koh Chang (Ko Chang), you can rent a boat to slowly cruise along the waters at night to see fireflies in the mangroves. Thousands of fireflies send out mating signals as they settle into the mangrove forest, lighting up the whole tree with their simultaneous flashing in the dark. It's like rows of Christmas trees. Hotels like the Koh Chang Grand Orchid Resort & Spa and the Aana Resort & Spa provide information on where to go to spot the fireflies and boat service.

Shopping
Crowntop Jewelry
Chantaburi is the province next to Trat and one of its local products are precious gems and jewels. Crowntop Jewelry takes pride in its finest jewelry made from real precious stones and crafted only by professionals. They also provide specially designed Zodiac and Tibet stones. To match the jewelry of your choice, the shop also offers clothes for men and women, and other accessories such as silk, hand bags, watches and others.

Morrissey Design
Having been in the business for more than 30 years, Morrissey Designs has made the reputation for producing the finest handmade clothing for ladies and gents. The shop provides a wide range of choice from different fabrics, colors and styles. They believe in the principle that the tailoring business calls for keen attention to detail and customer satisfaction, therefore, the shop offers additional services such as free pick-up service and money back guarantee.

Wine Gallery
If you want to venture outside the hotel for a drink, there's now a wine gallery that provides indoor and outdoor seatings so you can take a sip of wine from all regions of the world. The wine gallery organizes weekly wine get-together complete with snacks and music. The wine gallery is located in the Kai Bae Beach area.
The International Wine, Beer and Spirit Center of Koh Chang is the place to visit for wine connoisseurs. The gallery not only has the biggest selection of wine and spirits, it also has international beers from Germany, Australia, and Mexico. On top of that, you can spend some time in the gallery's bar that plays Latino-Cuban style music.

Internet Cafes
Internet cafes are everywhere on Koh Chang; so you can get in touch with your family and friends almost round the clock. Almost all of them are equipped with hi speed internet. Normal fee is 1 to 2 Baht per minute.
There is a government post office on White Sand Beach before Baan San Sabay Resort. However, if you stay at Klong Prao Beach, you can send your mail or postcard at K.P.D. Postal Service. It is located at V.J. Plaza next to I-Voyager tour company.

thaiboy
14-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Nice place to go for stress out with GF, 3 days is abit too long, you can forget abt looking for FL, if you can find all cannot make it, i prefer Kor samet than Kor Chang

Red_Tirak1099
14-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Ya Koh Chang is laid back thats why got many angmo usually packpackers or those long term tourists.....not much action if you compare with Pattaya or even Phuket its heaven & earth. BYO but journey there is fucking long like 8-9hrs from BKK. Use to many foreigners flock there to do visa runs but not sure abt now

dan0526
14-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Ya Koh Chang is laid back thats why got many angmo usually packpackers or those long term tourists.....not much action if you compare with Pattaya or even Phuket its heaven & earth. BYO but journey there is fucking long like 8-9hrs from BKK. Use to many foreigners flock there to do visa runs but not sure abt now

Dun need 8-9 hour lah...where got so long?:confused:

Went there 3 mth back for 4 days...drive from bkk..took me about 3 hr from bangkok to Trat..and abt 45min ferry to ko chang from there.

Good for relax/tanning/swim, do have some pubs with gals but cmi...but saw many farang/jap so if you are a hunk, can try your luck:D

thaiboy
14-10-2007, 11:13 AM
about 3 hr from bangkok to Trat..and abt 45min ferry to ko chang from there.

it took me 4 hrs to drive maybe i kiasee hehehehehe 3 hrs u must be driving a fast car man.....

Red_Tirak1099
14-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Dun need 8-9 hour lah...where got so long?

Went there 3 mth back for 4 days...drive from bkk..took me about 3 hr from bangkok to Trat..and abt 45min ferry to ko chang from there.

Good for relax/tanning/swim, do have some pubs with gals but cmi...but saw many farang/jap so if you are a hunk, can try your luck

it took me 4 hrs to drive maybe i kiasee hehehehehe 3 hrs u must be driving a fast car man.....
Paiseh that time I took is bus-ferry-taxi.....total travel time from setoff in downtown BKK to reach is really 8-9hrs :o

singman
14-10-2007, 01:46 PM
thanks everyone for the reply. Ok , so Koh Chang is a place mainly for relaxation. Better tell my friend we need to byo there. Since the drive there is so long , I think staying for 3 days is just right , otherwise may be too rush after all the travelling. Understand that there's a flight to Trat as well. May check out its timing and cost.

seemorsa_lompun
28-10-2007, 09:43 PM
been to Koh Chang 2 years ago but only stayed one night there. Basically quite a quiet place but got nice beach. Can have dinner / drinks right at the beach . good place for relaxation only , no cheong.

LengKia
29-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Nothing much except riding the bike around the island watching the nice scenery & sunset. eating seafood and relax.
Just a one time experience

take a coach from ekamai bus terminal and journey approximate 5hrs exclude ferry ride. not likely to go back again

Bangkok Master
29-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Last time there used to be seasonal parties organised by some operators, it's something like the full moon parties held in Koh Pha Ngan. You got to check it out with the people there.

But not sure whether what are the peak period these days as seems more beach goers tourists prefer Koh Samet.

mastrrrik
14-12-2008, 01:04 PM
real ufo!!! Hottest video!!!

http://suvenirchiki.com/videos/ufo.jpg (http://suvenirchiki.com/secretstories/ufo6.htm)

http://suvenirchiki.com/secretstories/ufo1.htm

ahtecklim
15-12-2008, 06:00 PM
I hope with this thread and others on less or non-cheong places like Koh Samui , Koh Samet , Koh Chang etc , people will realise Thailand is not one big whore house.

But for me , it the heaven on earth of a combination of women , booze , food and relaxation!