PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE: Scam from China (Interpol)

aedward12345
02-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Hi Bros,

Just wanted to make everyone aware of a scam my friend almost fell into.

How it goes:

My friend, 'Steve' received a call from a local line (68412349) where the caller said he was from "Singpost" and Steve has a package but the package has been held by customs due to illegal contents and that Interpol was tracking this item as they suspected it came from one of the drug lords in China.

So this "Singpost" caller asked for proof that the person who is on the line is really Steve. So without further ado, my friend gave his details, IC#, phone, etc... and the caller said he will connect Steve to Interpol.... after a few minutes of waiting, the "Interpol" agent re-verfied if it was Steve he was talking to by saying:

They have records of Steve's information on their database (?!)
Then they ask Steve to confirm his identify.

"Interpol": Is your full name Steve Austin?
"Interpol": Is your identity number: XYZ12345X?
Steve: Yes
"Interpol": Your current phone number is 123456789?
:
"IP": Thanks for confirming

They advised they need to record the conversation and will get their China precinct to call in a few minutes.

Soon enough, my friend got a call from: +86-21-6258-8800
My friend checked Google and it was tagged under Jingan Branch, Shanghai Municipal Public Security Bureau. The caller intro himself as an Interpol agent on the China branch and Watsapp Steve a pic of his Interpol ID... complete with details of the "agent".

So this 'agent' tried to rat him out that the package came from a known drug lord in China and the item was sent to Steve which they are investigating but Steve was adamant he doesn't know the "drug lord" (I told him he should have said he only has a friend called El Chapo and see if the 'agent' will react on this info).

They then asked him that he needs to clear his name from Interpol and he had to go meet with the officers in the precint within 3 hours (WTF?!). But Steve said he was in Sg and cant go to China. Since Steve can't make it to China, they will arrange an agent to meet Steve in Sg.

They spoke for quite sometime but Steve just kept saying "ok", "dunno", "i see" since he detected this to be a SCAM. The 'agent' suspected Steve caught wind of this scam and told Steve he will mail him some documents last Monday.

Till now, no docs receive. Steve reported this modus to SPF.

If Steve became nervous, they will likely have asked for money to "clear" his name from their database.

So bros, beware. If you get a call from someone posing as an agent.... do not get nervous and fall for the trap just because they have your info (which you actually might have given before-hand).

sexcision
02-08-2019, 04:52 PM
Hi Bros,

How it goes:

My friend, 'Steve' received a call from a local line (68412349) where the caller said he was from "Singpost" and Steve has a package but the package has been held by customs due to illegal contents and that Interpol was tracking this item as they suspected it came from one of the drug lords in China.

So this "Singpost" caller asked for proof that the person who is on the line is really Steve. So without further ado, my friend gave his details, IC#, phone, etc... and the caller said he will connect Steve to Interpol.... after a few minutes of waiting, the "Interpol" agent re-verfied if it was Steve he was talking to by saying:

They have records of Steve's information on their database (?!)
Then they ask Steve to confirm his identify.

"Interpol": Is your identity number: XYZ12345X?
"Interpol": Your current phone number is 123456789?
:
"IP": Thanks for confirming

They advised they need to record the conversation and will get their China precinct to call in a few minutes.

Soon enough, my friend got a call from: +86-21-6258-8800
My friend checked Google and it was tagged under Jingan Branch, Shanghai Municipal Public Security Bureau. The caller intro himself as an Interpol agent on the China branch and Watsapp Steve a pic of his Interpol ID... complete with details of the "agent".

So this 'agent' tried to rat him out that the package came from a known drug lord in China and the item was sent to Steve which they are investigating but Steve was adamant he doesn't know the "drug lord" (I told him he should have said he only has a friend called El Chapo and see if the 'agent' will react on this info).

They then asked him that he needs to clear his name from Interpol and he had to go meet with the officers in the precint within 3 hours (WTF?!). But Steve said he was in Sg and cant go to China. Since Steve can't make it to China, they will arrange an agent to meet Steve in Sg.

They spoke for quite sometime but Steve just kept saying "ok", "dunno", "i see" since he detected this to be a SCAM. The 'agent' suspected Steve caught wind of this scam and told Steve he will mail him some documents last Monday.

Till now, no docs receive. Steve reported this modus to SPF.

If Steve became nervous, they will likely have asked for money to "clear" his name from their database.

So bros, beware. If you get a call from someone posing as an agent.... do not get nervous and fall for the trap just because they have your info (which you actually might have given before-hand).

Thanks for the effort to write it down, but this scam is definately not new.

ttocaw
02-08-2019, 05:12 PM
I also received similar calls.

They speak english to me i said 可以说中文吗?

Then they switch to chinese i asked them to speak English.

They usually hang up after. haha

nuclearkid
02-08-2019, 05:19 PM
This is an old scam, have gotten similar from Starhub and DHL before. Just play with them, especially if its a chick on the other end of the line. Prolong the call, breathe heavily, moan a little and tell her her voice is sexy and to talk more. She will get the idea. Haha

diputs1269
02-08-2019, 05:36 PM
This is an old scam, have gotten similar from Starhub and DHL before. Just play with them, especially if its a chick on the other end of the line. Prolong the call, breathe heavily, moan a little and tell her her voice is sexy and to talk more. She will get the idea. Haha

Then she will says your conversation is recorded and charge you for sexual harassment.

nuclearkid
02-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Then she will says your conversation is recorded and charge you for sexual harassment.

Haha, I don't think it works this way.

LaoErGePaPa
02-08-2019, 08:59 PM

thanks for sharing bro :D

acidicavex
03-08-2019, 10:50 AM
thanks for the info but Sg have interpol so :D

NorthernPrick
03-08-2019, 12:18 PM
thanks for the info but Sg have interpol so :D

Sg Interpol report to PMO too? :D

Sfan
03-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the effort to write it down, but this scam is definately not new.

Has been going on for a while. They called my parents but being elderly and kancheong they hung up and rushed to the nearest police station locally. Luckily they did, which prevented the China scammers from talking further and scamming them.

Our local SPF told my parents it’s a scam.

All these while I was at work and my parents didn’t even tell me till I reached home

Sfan
03-08-2019, 12:25 PM

Yup. I will just say “from DHL? Get English speaking pls. I don’t know what the fuck you saying”. They will apologize and hang up.

The China being China , when enough bros say this, pretty soon they will evolve and start trying to scam us with American English slang.
The China criminals are adaptable

Big Sexy
03-08-2019, 12:27 PM
https://www.scamalert.sg/

https://www.scamalert.sg/scam-details/impersonation-scam

Hi Bros,

duyan
03-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Yup. I will just say “from DHL? Get English speaking pls. I don’t know what the fuck you saying”. They will apologize and hang up.

The China being China , when enough bros say this, pretty soon they will evolve and start trying to scam us with American English slang.
The China criminals are adaptable

If they use American English slang, then I'll use Hokkien :)

hayhay
03-08-2019, 01:28 PM
If next time have this type of call just say this: 操你妈. Hahahaha they will put down the call

cavemanng
03-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Usually for my case:
TUTUTUTUTU............

Already hang up liao. Simi lanjiao. Your friend is guilty is it? Seriously I don't care who call me (Obama, Trump or Kim), seriously fuck la. If I don't know you then don't have to listen to your lanjiao wei.

You try sending a parcel to Warren Buffet then see whether DHL or Singpost will call him.

(1) No one send drugs etc using DHL/ Singpost (which kum gong drug pusher will send drugs using Singpost). Later their delivery guy throw away their parcel, bang balls or crush balls (how many millions lost)
(2) If they send to you, then interpol should look for sender. Interpol usually will work with local police. Won't song song call you.

To be honest, if this is a real case, police will pay you a visit liao

ilovepantyhose
27-08-2019, 10:21 AM
DHL scam is still around, received two calls recently

some organisation is selling our personal data/hp numbers to scammers :mad:

kingster
27-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Lols bro, this scam as old as my departed grandmother leh. If anyone still kena, cfm a bit dumb.

Rainmanben
03-09-2019, 01:57 PM
DHL scam is still around, received two calls recently

some organisation is selling our personal data/hp numbers to scammers :mad:

outsource some more la. got a call from "DHL"]ast weekend.decided to play with them.when the operator ask fro my name i told him Lee Kwang Yew he hang up.
got once a scam call from OCBC on my office landline ask him which department and ask him to come up to my office. told him i'm Tony..Tony Tan

garion
06-09-2019, 12:35 AM

i usually use malay or some unknown european sounding lingo to 'upset' them.

:D

garion
06-09-2019, 12:37 AM
outsource some more la. got a call from "DHL"]ast weekend.decided to play with them.when the operator ask fro my name i told him Lee Kwang Yew he hang up............

i have this old lady who always dial the wrong number and ends up calling me at all hours of the day, like 3am and such.

now whenever she calls i will answer, Mandai Funeral Home and straightaway, 'click'.....:D

demonhuntress
06-09-2019, 02:31 AM

She dare to be the witness meh? :D

ceeko
06-09-2019, 05:49 PM
You all cheebye so smart can find sex forum but will succumb to this type of scam call and still entertain the scamme so long ah?

tsk

zeusfist
10-09-2019, 03:08 PM
I just tell them I happen to be from the same office and just randomly sprout a floor and a random office unit number of whatever organisation they pretending to be. Usually they will just "click " and hang up.